[FM22] The Great San Marino Challenge

6 hours ago, Krizz said:

The same happened on my save. I don't have a fix, but for me it helped to go on holiday for a year until the next season started, and after that everything updated, including promotions/relagations. I suggest you try to holiday first to see if thats the case on your save too, and if it works you can go back to your old save file and do it again but come back for every national game. You'll have no income that year however, so you might want to cancel loans etc to save some money.

Yes thats what I had to do in the end it's financially ruined me I'm in debt by 800k now and were going backwards I've lost every who was half decent and my wage budget has been halved

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2024/25 Season

San Marino National Team

The Nation's League was miles better this time around.  We dominated our group and won it with ease.  In World Cup qualifiers, we got our best result of the save to date by drawing with Ireland - and we even scored 2 against Belgium, although we did concede 4.  I was hoping we could give Israel a game, but they won 2-0 and we were lucky it wasn't more.  The friendly win against Gibraltor was with a rotated team as I had a look at a few youngsters. We're now ranked 172nd in the world.

598564231_SanMarinoNT2024Results.jpg.68c661e4a7dc6aac83345ee2485b70dd.jpg

10874809_SanMarinoNT20251Results.jpg.e6487a0bb2e5f7397425b34f639a5b1f.jpg

Victor San Marino

We relied on the loan market heavily for Serie B, making just one permanent signing, using youth products at B2B midfield and on the right wing - the rest being loans.  We started slowly, drawing our first 2 and losing the next 2, likely as we hadn't gelled as a team at all.  Results slowly started to pick up, and 13 games in, we were better - in the playoff spots but 9 points from second place.  Then suddenly we hit a purple patch, including beating first placed Crotone at home and drawing against 2nd place Empoli away.  Suddenly we were third and just 2 points below 2nd place.

Unfortunately, January and February weren't as good.  We lost a lot of leads late in games - I tried shutting up shop, not shutting up shop and somewhere in the middle - but nothing seemed to work.  At that point, I happened to watch a Bust the Net video on creating pressing traps, which I gave a go - and what do you know, the 1-1 draws became 1-0 wins.  We moved into 2nd and despite a few nerves, we sealed promotion on the second to last game.  We had third place Empoli in the last game, but that 1-1 draw didn't matter as we were already up!  I've already extended 3 loans for next season -  both our central defenders, one of whom was Serie B young player of the year, and left winger.  The keeper, who won Serie B Player of the Year, I will try to bring in permanently as he's out of contract.  We'll use the loan market again for 1 or 2 strikers and probably both full backs and try to survive, although it's going to be tough.  Our fast rise up the divisions means our reputation as a club hasn't yet caught up with us, so I'll have to search long and hard for players who will want to play for us.  We'll start to upgrade facilities as the TV money comes in - but we won't be helped by moving back to Acquaviva, which seems to be a common theme.

1637173949_VictorSummary20242025.thumb.jpg.96c9ee8f1b236f50b8632e9fd5425657.jpg

565723211_SerieB20242025.jpg.d12035f6e3dcb4a5d240e9660b8337f4.jpg

Youth Intake

Our Youth Intake again was again rather Italian - but gave us a decent Sammarinese right back, although we already have one in the system.  We signed all the Sammarinese prospects, although most won't help us in Serie A.  With dynamic youth ratings not being a thing, I'll see how deep into the save I get, as I can see me getting fed up with this.

1199546054_VictorYouthIntake2025.jpg.b2e1f40e1d11da0a3628e59fe9d5141c.jpg

Cosmos

After being ruthlessly released by Victor San Marino, Emiliano Pedrazzini and Matteo Giorgi were still without a club.  After trying a few times and not having any joy, they signed after the 2023/24 season had concluded to give us a huge boost.  In Europe, we got very, very lucky with the draws - we avoided the big boys and all of a sudden found ourselves one round away from the Champions League Group Stage.  The second leg was a wild, wild game - and with both teams looking like they were going to score every time a highlight was shown, we won 7-5 on the day and therefore 8-7 on aggregate.  That took us to the big money of the Group Stage, which quite frankly is several years ahead of schedule.  I don't expect we'll be that lucky with the draw again - but the big money meant a rush of upgrades were agreed by the Board (it seems to me that in FM22 facility upgrades are done quicker, so you can go up 2 or 3 levels in one season).  In the actual group stage, we got stuffed in all 6 games - and indeed I rotated for some of the games.  Domestically, we won the treble again - all fairly easy, although the playoff semi-final, we only went through as the higher seed.  After the season, the board announced they are planning to build a new stadium - no word on capacity yet, but hopefully it won't break the bank as I'd rather put all cash into facilities.

1320897826_CosmosSummary20242025.thumb.jpg.b68984cc0b499264f3de2324158b4207.jpg

1561911789_CosmosEurope2024.jpg.dd3f48a7fbf71748c2d0ea10c758c89f.jpg

1788992697_CosmosTreble20242025.thumb.jpg.c83e61e0db964f4be4cead83efd7747a.jpg

Youth Intake

The Youth Intake preview was not encouraging - but actually it was a really good class.  I think I'll ignore the preview in future!  The striker will replace our aging striker Stella, who was released - it means one less Italian in our squad - we are down to 3 - although there is a promising Italian in this prospect who will push that number back up in a year or two's time.

948952680_CosmosYouthIntake2025.jpg.071f2b3e0a1700d3db28798d5cd6d4e4.jpg

Achievements

@6499redNational Team - Promotion from Nations League Group D

Victor SM - promotion from Serie B, Eccellenza to Serie A in 4 seasons

Cosmos - qualify for Champions League Group stage.

Ermmm... so this just happened:

1780039982_Screenshot2022-01-13at08_45_21.thumb.png.02f2ba16c6c1c32deb980afa52f04488.png

Completely unexpected. It's been neck and neck throughout the whole season, and we were going into today on the back of a last minute 4-3 defeat to 4th placed Inter Milan at Acquaviva. We were 3 points ahead of Juventus with two games to go. A 5-0 win was beyond my wildest dreams to seal the title.

We lost to Chelsea in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round and then lost to Milan in the Coppa Italia semi final. 

But to win the league with the team we have was never on the cards really. Playing Inter and Juventus in two of the last three games was always earmarked as deciding the title and to lose 4-3 how we did in the last game was a sickener. 

The board gave us £65m for transfers when we qualified for the Champions League, so hopefully we'll be able to bring some good talent in and keep upgrading the facilities. 

Hello all! 

So I actually took this challenge on for FM15 and actually only recently stopped playing having racked up 18 months of playing time over the last 6 years, mental I know.

I'm still considering moving the files from my old laptop to my new PC to carry it on BUT thought in the mean time I'd give it a go on FM22.

As I have previous I do actually have some personal achievements to beat from my FM15 save such as:

• 3x UCL
  • 7 Serie A titles (6 in a row)
  • Qualify for more than 1 international tournament
    I qualified for the Euro's via the nations league once
  • Get past an International group stage
    Finished 3rd in said Euro's group (above Scotland :lol:) but knocked out in the 1st knockout round
  • Get above 46th in the World Rankings
    This was my best ever ranking though I stayed in the top 120 after this so far
  • Field a full team of Sammarinese players in Serie A and win
    Most I had was 6

I'm happy to post any screen shots from the previous save as proof (if I can somehow get them from my laptop) but yeh, hope you're all getting on well and I'll try and update you where I can!

Still at it, just not been posting. Completed so far:

San Marino National Team Targets/Achievements

Win a game: 

Win a competitive game (includes Nations League):

Have a player beat Andy Selva's 8 goals scored record: 

Have a player score 50 international goals: 

Have a new gen reach 100 caps:

Have a player score a hat-trick in a game: 

Beat a team ranked in the top 50 in the world: 

Get San Marino into the top 150 in the world:

Get San Marino into the top 100 in the world:

Get San Marino into the top 50 in the world:

Get promoted from Nations League D:

Get promoted from Nations League C:

Get promoted from Nations League B:

Qualify for the European Championship Finals:

Qualify for the World Cup Finals:

Edited by TacticalGenius

Also completed

Club Targets/Achievements

Win promotion from the Eccellenza / Title: 

Win promotion from Serie D / Title

Win the Serie D Poule Scudetto:

Win promotion from Serie C: 

Win the Serie C title:

Win the Serie C Super Cup (3 Champions):

Win promotion from Serie B:

Win the Serie B Title: 

Go from Eccellenza to Serie A in 4 seasons:

Go from Serie D to Serie A in 3 seasons:

Go from Serie C to Serie A in 2 seasons:

Avoid relegation in Serie A in your first season in this division:

Qualify for Europe:

Win Manager of the Year in Serie A:

Win the Coppa Italia:

Win Serie A:

Go Undefeated in Serie A:

Win a European Qualifying Game (either Europa League, Europa Conference League or Champions League):

Qualify for the group stage of the Europa Conference League:

Qualify for the group stage of the Europa League:

Qualify for the group stage of the Champions League:

Qualify for the knockout stages of the Europa Conference League:

Qualify for the knockout stages of the Europa League:

Qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League:

Win the Europa League:

Hi all,

Sorry i havent been updating the thread / Acheivements at all lately, just been crazy busy last 6 weeks or so. Should settle down in a couple weeks, so should be able to then.

I have managed to read most of the posts though, so well done for all the Acheivements so far!

1 hour ago, 6499red said:

Hi all,

Sorry i havent been updating the thread / Acheivements at all lately, just been crazy busy last 6 weeks or so. Should settle down in a couple weeks, so should be able to then.

I have managed to read most of the posts though, so well done for all the Acheivements so far!

I'll try to help you this weekend. Then you can take it from there. It is gonna take a bit of time tho

National team

Win a game: @deadfncat @The Regista @duesouth @Handyfernandy @TacticalGenius @north_london_fan @Giveit2Giroud @TheJonsterMonster @Torresinho @Ronaldo Beckham @Lefurjah @Sageda @RedAjay @DaveDurden1989 @CBunting6 @darthfade @Thomassje123

Win a competitive game (inlcudes  Nations League): @deadfncat @The Regista @duesouth @Handyfernandy @TacticalGenius @north_london_fan @Giveit2Giroud @TheJonsterMonster @Torresinho @Ronaldo Beckham @Lefurjah @Sageda @RedAjay @DaveDurden1989 @CBunting6 @darthfade @Thomassje123

Have a player beat Andy Selva's 8 goals scored record: @TacticalGenius @Ronaldo Beckham @The Regista @RedAjay@Handyfernandy @CBunting6 @DaveDurden1989 @Thomassje123

Have a player score 50 international goals:

Have a player score 100 international goals:

Have a new gen reach 100 caps:

Have a player score a hat-trick in a game: @deadfncat @The Regista @TacticalGenius @robterrace @Ronaldo Beckham @CBunting6 @darthfade @DaveDurden1989 @Thomassje123

Beat a team ranked in the top 50 in the world:

Get San Marino into the top 150 in the world: @TacticalGenius

Get San Marino into the top 100 in the world:

Get San Marino into the top 50 of the world:

Get promoted from Nations League D: @deadfncat @TacticalGenius @duesouth

Get promoted from Nations League C:

Get promoted from Nations League B:

Qualify for the European Championship: @TacticalGenius

Qualify for the World Cup:

Survive group stage in the European Championship: @TacticalGenius

Survive group stage in the World Cup:

Win the Nations League:

Win the European Championships:

Win the World Cup:

Become the number one ranked team in the world:

I went trough the whole topic and this is what I could find in the last eleven pages. I only looked for the national team achievements. Later this weekend I will take a look at the club achievements. For now I am going to sleep. See you all tommorow

By the way: No need to tag me, I follow this topic regularly. If I forgot/missed something please let me know with a screen

Edited by Thomassje123

Victor San Marino

Get promotion from the Eccelenza: @deadfncat @LUFCspeni @Handyfernandy @Rainbowz @6499red @TheJonsterMonster @The Regista @Sageda @footballmanagerryanduckett @TacticalGenius@Torresinho @FabioSilva @Oscar Skrt @duesouth @Boyd The Beast @djwillster @DaveDurden1989 @CBunting6 @darthfade

Win the Emila-Romagna Cup: @The Regista @FabioSilva @Boyd The Beast @djwillster @DaveDurden1989

Win the Dillettanti Cup: @The Regista @FabioSilva @DaveDurden1989

Get promotion from the Serie D: @LUFCspeni @deadfncat @Sageda @TacticalGenius @FabioSilva @TheJonsterMonster @6499red @Handyfernandy @duesouth @CBunting6 @DaveDurden1989 @djwillster

Win the Serie D Cup: @TheJonsterMonster

Win the Serie D poule Scudetto: @CBunting6

Win the Serie D play-outs: @CBunting6

Get promotion from the Serie C: @deadfncat @TacticalGenius @LUFCspeni @Sageda @FabioSilva @Handyfernandy @duesouth @darthfade @CBunting6

Win the Serie C Cup:

Win the Serie C Super Cup: @TacticalGenius @FabioSilva

Get promotion from the Serie B: @TacticalGenius @deadfncat @LUFCspeni @Sageda @duesouth

Avoid relegation in the Serie A in the first season: @TacticalGenius @LUFCspeni @deadfncat

Have a club youth product score 20+ goals in the Serie A:

Have a youth product win player of the year in the Serie A:

Qualify for Europe: @TacticalGenius @Sageda

Win manager of the year in the Serie A:

Win the Coppa Italia: @TacticalGenius

Win the Super Cup:

Win the Serie A:

Go undefeated in the Serie A:

Field a starting XI of your own youth product:

Win a European Qualifiying game (Europa League, Conference League and Champions League all counts): @TacticalGenius

Qualify for the group stage of the Conference League:

Qualify for the group stage of the Europa League: @TacticalGenius @Sageda

Qualify for the group stage of the Champions League: @TacticalGenius @TheJonsterMonster

Survive the group stage of the Conference League:

Survive the group stage of the Europa League: @TacticalGenius

Survive the group stage of the Champions League:

Win the Conference League:

Win the Europa League: @TacticalGenius

Win the Champions League:

Win the Serie A with a squad of only Sanmarinese players:

Win the Champions League with a squad of only San Marinese players:

Edited by Thomassje123

Team in Sanmarinese League

Qualify for the Champions playoff: @Lefurjah @robterrace @Thomassje123 @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @RedAjay @ineptmarigold49

Qualify for the Champions playoff final: @Lefurjah @robterrace @Thomassje123 @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @ineptmarigold49

Win the Champions Playoff and the League: @Lefurjah @robterrace @Thomassje123 @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @ineptmarigold49

Qualify for Europe: @north_london_fan @Lefurjah @robterrace @Thomassje123 @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @RedAjay @ineptmarigold49

Win the San Marino Cup: @north_london_fan @Lefurjah @Ronaldo Beckham @RedAjay @duesouth @Thomassje123

Win the San Marino super Cup: @Lefurjah @north_london_fan @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @Thomassje123

Win the double: @Lefurjah @Ronaldo Beckham @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @Thomassje123

Win the trebe: @Lefurjah @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @Thomassje123

Go undefeated in the League (including playoff): @Lefurjah @Ronaldo Beckham @Thomassje123

Have one of your youth products score 15+ goals in a season:

Have one of your youth products win player of the year in San Marino

Field a starting XI of your own youth products:

Win a European Qualifying game (Europa League, Conference League and Champions League all counts): @Lefurjah @robterrace @Ronaldo Beckham @Thomassje123 @RedAjay @ineptmarigold49 @duesouth

Qualify for the group stage of the Conference League: @robterrace @Lefurjah @ineptmarigold49 @duesouth @Thomassje123

Qualify for the group stage of the Europa League: @Ronaldo Beckham @Lefurjah @Thomassje123

Qualify for the group stage of the Champions League: @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth

Survive the group stage of the Champions League:

Survive the group stage of the Europa League: @Lefurjah

Survive the group stage of the Conference League:

Get your club in the top 200 of the coefficients list: @Ronaldo Beckham @Thomassje123

Get your club in the top 100 of the coefficients list:

Get your club in the top 50 of the coefficients list:

Win the Conference League:

Win the Europa League:

Win the Champions League:

Edited by Thomassje123

Whew! That where 12 pages to go trough. To be honest it was a bit of a chore. I know for a fact that I missed some thing. If so, please let me know and I will edit it. Then we can go forward from there. I also changed/edited some achievements. If you disagree, want something back or have ideas for new achievements please let me know.

For the people that play in the Sanmarinese League: Please show me a screen on where you are for the following achievements:

- Get your club in the top 200 of the Coefficients

- Get your club in the top 100 of the coefficients

- Get your club in the top 50 of the coefficients

@Lefurjah @robterrace @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @RedAjay @ineptmarigold49

@6499red You can take it from here so you don't have to go trough 12 pages

Thanks @Thomassje123 that must have taken an age!! Only couple you missed were Win Serie D Playout and Win Serie D Poule Scudetto - but you didn't include those categories in your list.

Just the 1 from me in my update @6499red, and that's promotion from National League D:

552004950_Screenshot2022-01-18at15_49_19.thumb.png.c8ed407bae34ca683a85cb6f24c4bd84.png

Other than that, a year of consolidation in Serie B, so nothing major to report - started well, massively tailed off, before finishing the season average.

As for the National Side, we are on 2 wins from 4 in Euro Qualifiers (Kosovo and Malta) and are now much more competitive against middle of the road teams - however the top top sides continue to punish us! Sitting at 187th in the World - hopefully having an update of Top 150 next season given a few more wins and competing in Nations League C.

Achieved
San Marino: Win a game | Win a competitive game | Beat Andy Selva's record | Have a player score a hat-trick | Get Promoted From Nations League D
Victor San Marino: Win Promotion from Eccellenza/Title | Win the Serie D Playout | Win Promotion from Serie D/Title | Win Serie D Poule Scudetto | Win Promotion from Serie C 

Thanks @Thomassje123!!!! Saved me a lot of work. Ill hopefully get it all sorted out nicely this weekend.

Alternatively, i could set up a google doc / spreadsheet so people can update for themselves, what do yous all think ?

Alternatively, ill try and update weekly or so, but well see.

I think this is over for me, at least from a club perspective. My board will not drop the ‘sign Sammarinese players’ and now won’t let me sign anyone not sammarinese. But the quality of non-VSM players from San Marino are abysmal and no amount of signings of them will appease the board. 

Still got the club World Cup and UCL to win on a club level, and still no trophies with SMNT, but we finished 4th in the 2034 WC and lost the semi of the 2036 Euros. 

5 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

I think this is over for me, at least from a club perspective. My board will not drop the ‘sign Sammarinese players’ and now won’t let me sign anyone not sammarinese. But the quality of non-VSM players from San Marino are abysmal and no amount of signings of them will appease the board. 

Still got the club World Cup and UCL to win on a club level, and still no trophies with SMNT, but we finished 4th in the 2034 WC and lost the semi of the 2036 Euros. 

Maybe go with a club in the Sanmarinese competition? Or don't you have the San Marino league loaded?

On 21/01/2022 at 23:53, Thomassje123 said:

Maybe go with a club in the Sanmarinese competition? Or don't you have the San Marino league loaded?

I think that’s the only way forward with this save. I’m going to try to win the UCL with VSM, we’ve got a young squad that is good enough, we’ve made 2 finals and a semifinal in the last 3 seasons. Once that’s done I think I’ll be off to whoever has an opening in the San Marino league. 

On 21/01/2022 at 18:37, TacticalGenius said:

Very strange, as when I got to Serie C, the board let me drop it - they didn't even argue with me about it.  I hope you can continue with a San Marino League team as I think you've got a real chance of winning the World Cup.

On 21/01/2022 at 23:52, Thomassje123 said:

So everyone stopped because of Zealands video? I am still going strong, I really have much fun in my save now

I already knew DYR wasn't working as most of us assumed it would post-Miles' tweet before release.  I was thinking "A HUGE change for long-term saves as the quality of youth players coming through in different nations will now change depending on that nation's standing in the world of football" meant push up the world ranking and grow the domestic league would mean your DYR would push up too.  Nope.  It's about as dynamic as an Eccellenza level no-nonsense centre back!!

All Zealand's video did was make it more visible - but can't see it being fixed for FM22 - so just been doing it the same way as FM19.  I'm still enjoying the save, but I don't know how my intakes are doing to look now I'm in Serie A and improving my facilities - that will determine how much I enjoy this period of the save.  Disappointed I can't attack it a different way as was my original cunning plan, but not much we can do about it.

Hey guys!

I know I'm quite late to the party, but I wanted to start a San Marino save aswell in the Eccellenza, however it seems claassens DB you are all using is not available in the Steam-Workshop anymore?

Should I just use the one Sageda linked on Page1 or is there some way I could get access to claassens?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

12 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

I think that’s the only way forward with this save. I’m going to try to win the UCL with VSM, we’ve got a young squad that is good enough, we’ve made 2 finals and a semifinal in the last 3 seasons. Once that’s done I think I’ll be off to whoever has an opening in the San Marino league. 

For me it is probably the other way around. First I want to make the Sanmarinese league stronger and then I maybe go to Victor San Marino. The AI is not very good voor Victor, everytime they promote to the Serie D they relegate again. Hopefully I can get them as a affiliate to loan players to.

7 hours ago, duesouth said:

I already knew DYR wasn't working as most of us assumed it would post-Miles' tweet before release.  I was thinking "A HUGE change for long-term saves as the quality of youth players coming through in different nations will now change depending on that nation's standing in the world of football" meant push up the world ranking and grow the domestic league would mean your DYR would push up too.  Nope.  It's about as dynamic as an Eccellenza level no-nonsense centre back!!

All Zealand's video did was make it more visible - but can't see it being fixed for FM22 - so just been doing it the same way as FM19.  I'm still enjoying the save, but I don't know how my intakes are doing to look now I'm in Serie A and improving my facilities - that will determine how much I enjoy this period of the save.  Disappointed I can't attack it a different way as was my original cunning plan, but not much we can do about it.

And this is what FM is all about :brock: I'll see how far I can come

And here are achievements with Victor San Marino @6499red :

Get promotion from the Eccelenza

Win the Emila-Romagna Cup

Win the Dillettanti Cup

Get promotion from the Serie D

Win the Serie D Cup

Win the Serie D poule Scudetto

Get promotion from the Serie C

Win the Serie C Cup

Win the Serie C Super Cup

treble.PNG

serie d scudetto.PNG

serie C copa.PNG

serie C win.PNG

super copa serie c.PNG

Edited by Milos

39 minutes ago, Handyfernandy said:

i don't know but my reguler san marino national team chose to switching nationality, i dont know why because he was playing for 8 times. any one can explain why? 

If he's only played in friendlies, he can still switch.  However, if he's played in Euro/World Cup qualifiers, or Nations League - then he shouldn't be able to switch and it's a bug.

2 hours ago, duesouth said:

If he's only played in friendlies, he can still switch.  However, if he's played in Euro/World Cup qualifiers, or Nations League - then he shouldn't be able to switch and it's a bug.

He was play for SM in Euro qualifiers. I think is bug. 

8 hours ago, duesouth said:

Nope. FIFA changed the rules. Basically anyone under 21 can change unless capped at a World Cup. 

10 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

Nope. FIFA changed the rules. Basically anyone under 21 can change unless capped at a World Cup. 

Oh, really - that's tough for us.  Until we put Italy in the rear view mirror of course!

2 hours ago, duesouth said:

Oh, really - that's tough for us.  Until we put Italy in the rear view mirror of course!

That’ll take some doing… Italy have held #1 for like a decade on mine, and even with all the relative success I’ve had, SMNT are still only 37th. 

A two season update and two achievements to add @6499red!

Promotion from Serie B thanks to a 2-0 win vs 3rd place meant for the first time since the first season we weren't in debt. However, huge favourites for the drop, and several players leaving left me threadbare. Sacrificed the cup in Serie A as I had a relegation battling team next up - which we lost anyway! A change of formation mid-season gained us some momentum, and with my 2 rivals for the drop playing each other on the final day I thought we were safe...although it needed an unlikely victory vs Lazio on the final day to secure. Odd takings from the season: we did the double over Roma and Sampdoria, yet we only took 1 point vs rock-bottom Venezia!

886594687_Screenshot2022-01-26at19_43_09.thumb.png.45f562ec78a759c289653f3b7ff0ccfb.png

1753500689_Screenshot2022-01-26at19_44_19.thumb.png.efe27a73486314f712d5396b9bf0407d.png

Achieved
San Marino: Win a game | Win a competitive game | Beat Andy Selva's record | Have a player score a hat-trick | Get Promoted From Nations League D
Victor San Marino: Win Promotion from Eccellenza/Title | Win the Serie D Playout | Win Promotion from Serie D/Title | Win Serie D Poule Scudetto | Win Promotion from Serie C | Win Promotion from Serie B | Avoid Relegation from Serie A in 1st Season

I don't think this was an achievement as such, but Nicola Nanni has now reached 50 goals for San Marino on my save. Haven't had anyone close to him come through as yet. The two youngsters from a few seasons back haven't developed as well as I first hoped. 

In Serie A, we're comfortably winning that now. I'm hoping we'll be regarded as a dominant side. Want to do better in the Champions League, though. We're in that tricky phase where the wonderkids we've brought in are still being tempted by elsewhere. It's great for the finances but deadline days are a bit of a nightmare. 1196420798_Screenshot2022-01-27at21_31_16.thumb.png.16ad9eb05bc7fbfe77f1f00077638e4c.png

Season 2025/26

San Marino National Team

We're up to 163rd in the world.  We managed to avoid finishing bottom of our World Cup qualifier group, although I was a little disappointed not to beat bottom placed Israel at home.  We won 2 friendlies away against Montenegro and, with a rotated side, Lithuania - and then got both in our Nations League group, so perhaps we can do OK.

2092101808_SanMarinoNT20252Results.jpg.af1a1cfd4503e6e7d2caf6224cb5de3a.jpg

848000709_SanMarinoNT20261Results.jpg.72d94b1b360a515543c7348343d187db.jpg

Victor San Marino

At times, it was tough sledding.  We were heavily beaten by some of the big boys - 0-10 vs Roma, 0-11 vs Milan and 0-8 vs Inter - all were at busy times in the fixture schedule and I perhaps unwisely rotated.  2 of the 3 next games where we were fresh, we won - so in all maybe the right move.  We had a dodgy run in March, but kicked away from any relegation battle with massive wins against Atalanta and Fiorentina who both qualified for Europe.  The board have just announced they are building a new stadium, which was much needed.

1863792096_VictorSummary20252026.thumb.jpg.2363f1e1dc21c4cf4a2a7a0174b6363a.jpg

506440698_SerieA20252026.jpg.02d2008f17b880cc42f7d864a157fe2d.jpg

Youth Intake

Italian heavy again - but decent potential.  All dual nationals have agreed to play for San Marino.

825850227_VictorYouthIntake2026.jpg.d13fba4e0396372bb36989fa19236e0b.jpg

Cosmos

Domestically, we ran away with the league - and again won the Champions Playoffs.  We won the Super Cup, but lost in the final of the San Marino Cup.  We almost made it to the Champions League group stage for the second year in a row - but after beating 2 good teams in CSKA-Sofia and Qarabag, who I thought would be too strong for us, we fell at the final hurdle.  We won our home game 2-1 against Puskas Akademia, but they scored 2 early in the away leg.  We scored right on half time, but they scored midway through the 2nd half to leave us pushing for an equaliser, but no joy.  Our Europa League group wasn't too bad - Qarabag again plus PAOK - we managed 8 points with Qarabag and PAOK only 4 each, so qualified with a game to spare.  The knockout round was PSV - we actually did OK scoring 4 goals over the 2 legs, but they were too good coming forward.  But, ahead of schedule for sure.

693281940_CosmosSummary20252026.thumb.jpg.b9ec02ed2ad0e711b6d8fc12c16f6a23.jpg

748412419_CosmosEurope20252026.jpg.8a961c11c635d6717bd61e4cabe25a48.jpg

983605256_CosmosComps20252026.thumb.jpg.c357faf46234c03ca017df81c25f0f99.jpg

Youth Intake

Tons of potential and a couple who will push for the first team squad already next season.  Oddly, a Hungarian prospect in there...

364699641_CosmosYouthIntake2026.jpg.4d50706e46b696f4a37c8c48921512e2.jpg

Achievements

@6499red Victor San Marino - avoid relegation in the Serie A in the first season.

Cosmos - qualify for the group stages of the Europa League; qualify for knockout stages of the Europa League

San Marino NT - player beat Andy Selva's record of 8 goals (Nanni did it a while ago, but I wanted one of our own to do it!):

167876412_JB9goals.jpg.479054f331027f21b3b6b9b6872d582a.jpg

12 hours ago, haneman85 said:

what is the best italy league update to get Victor San Marino playbel?

Claassen's is the one most of us are using - but I don't believe it's on Steam any longer.  I'll DM you the file tonight (hopefully I'll remember :kriss:!).

I can't put into words how much fun I have playing FM sometimes. I love doing a San Marino challenge and I'm now starting to reach the point where the club side is establishing itself as a European powerhouse. We've won the last five Serie A titles. The wonderkids are all growing up and either being sold for extravagant money or becoming household names. Evailton and Jesper Valentin (this save's Emil Berglund, a Scandinavian striker who quickly became a fan favourite in my FM13 save) went in the summer and funded my own Spos, Esteban Esposito (as opposed to Sebastian, a hero for me in FM20 saves), for a record £70m. 

However, two things have happened recently that I don't think I've done before (or if I have, it's been years). 1. Come back from three goals down to win (2-0 down at half time, I threw the water bottle and then conceded a 3rd shortly afterwards - when they scored their fourth I was absolutely seething but Gutierrez scored straight after to mount a comeback. Wasn't expecting to come out with a win! I was out of my chair leaping around the room when Gudjonsson tapped in for the winner.)

1620802312_Screenshot2022-02-05at17_27_33.thumb.png.7b565bcc004285a9e5ffad13372b190a.png

2. Score more than twenty goals in a game. Yes, it's a pre-season friendly but I struggle to put more than ten past the Sammarinese sides in pre-season. I don't think I've ever gone +20 in a game on FM. Couldn't believe we were 19-0 up at half time. Their goal was a bit of a screamer, I didn't begrudge them that at all.) 

1397123509_Screenshot2022-02-05at17_34_54.thumb.png.90dd09c6b50dcc5c47675a15c1256ead.png

The focus now has to be on blooding some of the youngsters from the academy. A couple of them have been sold for £1m+ transfer fees recently, so the standard is definitely improving. I'm hoping some of them will start to break through. We also have to at least reach a Champions League final. We've lost to English clubs in the last two seasons in the semi finals. Liverpool knocked us out on penalties. I'm hoping once the real players all start retiring, the wonderkid factory we've become will stand us in good stead to capitalise. Players are definitely playing longer in this game and to a much higher standard. I might have to rethink my policy on selling players once they reach 30. If they have decent natural fitness, they can keep going until at least 34/35. 

Good afternoon dear fans of soccer management. First of all I want to apologize for writing this post with the help of automatic translator, the fact is that I live in a faraway Asian country and do not know English. In past versions of the game I often played for San Marino Calcio, was very upset when the team disappeared. But now I saw this thread on your forum and got excited. But the links in the first post only open the update with San Marino leagues, the Italian one is unavailable (either in our country, or the author has removed it from the studio, as I can't see anything through VPN too). Could you please post it somewhere for downloading. Thank you, my friends, for your possible help. I really hope to play for San Marino, because I already won all tournaments for Andorra FC and even managed to get selected for european championship with the national team (I couldn't do more) and I want to feel more sweet pain. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)