[FM22] The Great San Marino Challenge

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Giveit2Giroud said:

2021 decision by FIFA to allow 17 year olds the right to change their mind has cost me an absolute gem999728773_Pellicioniwithdraws.jpg.60b395d45a79371af027d099569a3c47.jpg424367281_pellicioniprofile.thumb.jpg.bb1a4f0f75134e4a6965b3b32d2d64fc.jpg

He wont be getting an Italy call up anytime soon so hopefully he will come back around but its still a massive set-back

I would think he would see the light fairly quickly - but certainly wish the AI was a bit smarter around dual nationals.  No way in real life he would think he's going to play for Italy...  Just keep trying and trying and trying...

You'll probably have a few more.  In FM19 I lost 4 Serie A talents to Italy - 1 was a top left back who was only given 12 caps for Italy, so that was annoying!  A world class striker did play a lot more, so I didn't mind as much!!  The only time in FM19 it changed was when I qualified for a World Cup finals - but hard to qualify when you keep losing top dual national talent!  Good luck!

More news from the Juvenes European adventure.

After seeing off TNS in Gibraltar, the First Qualifying Round of the Champions Path saw Latvian Champs Valmiera face us.

A 3-1 win in the first leg allowed us to relax a little bit in the 2nd.

ebqJxxU.png

Next up, Hammarby, who are a step up to what we have faced previously.

We lost first choice keeper Alex Stimac shortly before the second leg of the Hammarby match, having brought back a respectable 1-0 deficit against a team who the media stated were far better than anything we'd faced previously.

This was proven back in San Marino, as, despite a penalty from ourselves, Hammarby kept us at arms length and defeated us 3-1 on aggregate.

We now face a trip to Hungary, to face Fehervar (who used to be Videoton), the Hungarian Champions in the Europa League Qualifying Round. The Hungarians will be a similar prospect to Hammarby, but based on our performance against the Swedes, we have nothing to fear.

1vtWl7F.png

So. A 1-1 draw in Hungary, set the scene well for the return to Serravale. Small ground, full house, and the news that Fehervars first choice goalkeeper was out injured made my mind up.

It wasn't all out attack, but we went more direct, playing down the wings, and firing crosses in. This paid dividends as we ran out 4-0 winners, with midfielder Federico Berardi scoring twice as the ball fell to him, and the slow defensive movement allowed him to hit the top corner from 20 yards out. Further goals from striker Mattia Romei and young homegrown winger Federico Forcellini put us out of reach, and allowed the more important players to be withdrawn with 20 minutes to go.

A trip to Israel and Haifa is next on the cards in the playoff, victory sees us into the Europa League group stages, a defeat puts us in the Conference League groups. 

Glad to see this challenge, I've played it all the time :)

One question, could we changed in editor file locality of Victor San Marino? Not to be in Italy which is I would say realitz4y, so we have also this chance to naturalize foreign players.

Edited by Milos

13 minutes ago, Milos said:

Glad to see this challenge, I've played it all the time :)

One question, could we changed in editor file locality of Victor San Marino? Not to be in Italy, so we have also this chance to naturalize foreign players.

VSM are already based in San Marino  

And given that naturalisation takes 25 years in game (and appears to be 30 years irl) it just isn’t going to happen. 

6 minutes ago, TacticalGenius said:

VSM are already based in San Marino  

And given that naturalisation takes 25 years in game (and appears to be 30 years irl) it just isn’t going to happen. 

Was it Pedrazzini who was eligible for some people?  Have you had any others?  I was a bit worried about a bug for a second, but hopefully just him as the bug.

How are your youth intakes in terms of Sammarinese talent?

26 minutes ago, duesouth said:

Was it Pedrazzini who was eligible for some people?  Have you had any others?  I was a bit worried about a bug for a second, but hopefully just him as the bug.

How are your youth intakes in terms of Sammarinese talent?

Yeah, Pedrazzini seems to be the only one. And apparently he’s pretty much always lived in San Marino according to another poster. 

To be blunt, they’re *****. But then so are our facilities. I’m hoping a couple of years in Serie A will give us the reputation and finances to start producing usable players, let alone good ones. 

22 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

Pedrazzini seems to be the only one. And apparently he’s pretty much always lived in San Marino

Hmmm. Is/will he become eligible irl then? seems odd as he has played at clubs "in" Italy but perhaps his permanent residence has always been in SM - it is meant to be beautiful after all. I ask because I've been avoiding calling him up as I thought it was a bug but with the glaring hole I've been left at CB id have no reluctance to call him up if its legit.

Perhaps I will try find him on twitter/insta and ask him lol.

I also started this challenge. I chose to begin in San Marino where Folgore is the club that I managed. Yes, I know that is probably the easiest to do but I wanted to give myself a jumpstart.

8e05b1944a7eb017a6c56a4742731541.png

It all started with the Qualifying round in the Champions League. The Qualifying round of the Qualifying round as I call it. I win the first two games and played HJK in the first Qualifying Round. I lost and also Mura was a bit to much for now.

92bfef020450d7bf1e3aa1b46c66f6b3.png

Now I have a nice balance. Is chose to sign players an a non-contract to save some money. There is really no money in this club.

ee4079720c6825ebf8883b5e86926f33.png

Competition was really easy. First 16 games I won. We lost a little bit of form but we still managed to be the best club by far.

8889e8640541fba5568c2d0432003796.png

Was a little bit nervous but we won the competition so next year we play in the Champions League again.

f051907bacfcd779a75f198588895078.png

In the cup we lost the final

Got the following achievements:

Qualify for the Champions Playoff

Qualify for the Champions Playoff QF

Qualify for the Champions Playoff SF

Qualify for the Champions Playoff Final

Win the Champions Playoffs

Qualify for Europe

Win a European Qualifying Game (either Europa League, Europa Conference League or Champions League)

Edited by Thomassje123

Very busy next 2 months or so... not sure if I'm going to have to play, let alone update achievements! So, it will probably take longer from now on.

I reccomend you all put an abbreviated list at the bottom of your posts or something so you can keep track/show off.

@6499red  Please would it be possible to add some Serie D achievements for me? Won the double (Folgore Caratese must absolutely hate me after we sneaked past them with 5 games to go and beat them in the Serie D Cup final) but that Poule Scudetto thing at the end was a rather bizarre tournament. We beat a side and then had to face them in the semi finals, despite them finishing bottom of our group? They then FM'd us 3-0. Honestly, wasn't even close. I still don't know how we lost that game. 

Anyway, onwards and upwards to Serie C. I think.

National side - we were leading England until the final 10 minutes when they ran in four goals in the Euro 2024 qualifiers. We had beaten Malta 4-0 away in the Nations League. Nanni is up to 7 goals for the national side now. 

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 21.06.14.png

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 21.17.35.png

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 21.19.25.png

We did it! had a huge run of good form in the 2nd half of the season which led us through the playoffs. we got kinda lucky with the playoffs where ascoli and perugia both being on losing streaks coming into the end of the season so we ended up playing Benevento in the final.

The stadium switch back to Acquaviva meant we sold out every single game, season tickets were 550 of the 750 tickets. But we are now firmly in debt and Serie A progress will need to save us.

image.thumb.png.8faaf9d0231d99d3bfbd48501a3a6089.png

image.png.84f0209222f3593ad367690e54577f66.png

image.thumb.png.f1fddfcc68ccd7edd73c998597d3b58c.png

image.thumb.png.78843ecf6ff42f5bbe72a9dec768df15.png

National team was pretty uneventful. we lost all of our Euro quals games by a lot and were relegated after losing on agg to Borat

image.thumb.png.7ff585d2c48bacd7973a5eaca835d8dc.png

Edited by deadfncat

@6499red Another milestone down . . . qualified for Euro Conference League

After a lost in the first CL prelim game I did not put much hope in this season but a magical run fuelled by a very favorable draw as seen us make it to the group.  Now . . . what is the most goals given up by a team in the group phase??

998843434_Runtogroup.thumb.PNG.dd167842ed6016a4abf94fcb53d8e018.PNG1351013133_FirstECLGroup.PNG.11b3bf79c5b5641b93f51bb11e6df967.PNG

@6499red One more achievement for the books - Qualify for knockout of Euro Conference League.

I still don't know how we did it.  A respectful 1-0 loss to PSV to start the campaign then undefeated (3 wins, 2 draws) the rest of the way to qualify in 2nd position.  

1342591304_ECLgroupqual.PNG.58351b8331de80b18eeb3ec69e0de588.PNG

14 minutes ago, Thomassje123 said:

Nice @Lefurjah Do you have a screenshot of your squad? I also play with Folgore but I can't scout outside of San Marino so I find it very hard to find players

I make liberal use of trials.  Basically, when I get the scouting center update I offer a trial to almost everyone on the list.  Also, with the money you make from CL and ECL in the first season with Folgore you can send scouts out to Italy and Southern Europe for a price.  My biggest issue the first season was that I was constantly listed as 'struggling' with staying in the wage budget.   I basically just ignored it and did what I wanted, hoping the board would reward us second season with a good increase and they did.  That one is a bit weird though because the actually 'wages' for all of my players are $0 but I guess they also include the 'per appearance' fee into your per week wage calculation.   

I have also had an nearly 100% turnover from season 1 to season 2 and expect I might again going into season 3, unless I am able to go pro.  Finally, I use my connections as the national team manager to scout all of those players and try to see who I can lure to the club with promises of playing  in Europe . . . hence why I was able to get Colomubo from an Italian Serie D side.

1540194352_squadseason2.PNG.faddc29acb4b5ea90a3ad01970e98b95.PNG

I make liberal use of trials.  Basically, when I get the scouting center update I offer a trial to almost everyone on the list.  Also, with the money you make from CL and ECL in the first season with Folgore you can send scouts out to Italy and Southern Europe for a price.  My biggest issue the first season was that I was constantly listed as 'struggling' with staying in the wage budget.   I basically just ignored it and did what I wanted, hoping the board would reward us second season with a good increase and they did.  That one is a bit weird though because the actually 'wages' for all of my players are $0 but I guess they also include the 'per appearance' fee into your per week wage calculation.   

I have also had an nearly 100% turnover from season 1 to season 2 and expect I might again going into season 3, unless I am able to go pro.  Finally, I use my connections as the national team manager to scout all of those players and try to see who I can lure to the club with promises of playing  in Europe . . . hence why I was able to get Colomubo from an Italian Serie D side

I can't and I also can't ask for it to the board. I really want to scout in Italy. Thanks for the screen