[FM22] The Great San Marino Challenge

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, 6499red said:

I have one from last year with the club badge, kits and stadium but I need to know the unique ID of the club  before I could release it, so if anyone could get me that i can release.

Edit: because I don't have the game/editor yet

It's 2000113410

1 hour ago, Handyfernandy said:

Hi Everyone i create kits and logo pack for Victor San Marino. I'm Sorry if my works is bad because i made for the first time 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/berun319641jw8z/FM_2022_San_Marino_File.rar/file 

2000113410.png

2000113410away.png

2000113410.png

FM 2022 San Marino File.rar 126.94 kB · 3 downloads

I'll link them in the top post if that's okay? cheers.

1 hour ago, Conardo said:

So far so good - but which Eccellenza is it?

Have it: Eccellenza Emilia-Romagna C.

Wow.I have a pic of the "stadium" .... not so much grass :D

But maybe its wrong? // Must be an older one ... here i have the new one: Stadio Acquaviva

grafik.png.a94ef6e02dc46ab75e2630272c093872.png

yeah, the new one you have is it, i think, i think it got revamped relatively recently - same stadium but new pitch and stand.

Edited by 6499red

1 hour ago, TacticalGenius said:

The DB I used didn't have cups below Serie C, but did have playoff semis entry for 2nd place and finals entry for winners... Idk if the cups are worth starting again for... Hmm.

Either way, not going to make too much difference when you are *hopefully* dominating Serie A ;)

Hey guys,

I was doing some research on the club as there's surprisingly little on the internet, the best source of information seems to be their Facebook page, their home sponsor is a local bar and their away sponsor is a ghost on the internet but from the translation I'm guessing it's the San Marino government Research and Development department. I've recreated their current official shirts in both 2D and 3D. The 3D version is more accurate as the templates already exist, sleeves are a little off on the 2D version so I went for the nicest looking equivalents.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/792jb70yee0w1nm/SanMarino.rar/file

SanMarino1.png

SanMarino2.png

Edited by HHUK

OK - let's go!!!  Really excited to be getting back into a true San Marino Challenge post-San Marino Calcio's demise.

Thanks again to claassen for the files; @6499red for running the thread and for the kits/logo - and also @HHUK and @Handyfernandy for the other 2 kits - think I'll rotate the 3 over the save!

So, after a little thought - I went with a dual save.  Victor San Marino and then after a trip to the UEFA website, I found the team bottom of the table irl - Cosmos.

Victor San Marino

No question, the goal here is to get out of this league and then Serie D ASAP.  So 2 up top, a positive middle block 4-2-4 and be relatively direct - none of this possession stuff!  The squad, as you all will know, isn't great - I particularly would have liked a better Target Forward - but with short-term contracts, they can be moved on fairly easily.  The DNA for the club is:

1673096163_VSMDNA.jpg.0b2b0736b043322a2d12fa0e02d1789c.jpg

Cosmos

Lots of holes in the team, so it will be a case of using trial days as much as possible.  Facilities might start to be upgraded before Victor San Marino as European prize money should be accessible long before it is with VSM.  A 4-2-2-2 (2 DMs) or a 4-4-2 will be the tactic here - with the focus being jumping reach, strength - and for wide players and an AF - pace/acceleration.  I can't be picky at this level, so good mentals if I can.

I still haven't pressed "Continue" - signing staff and inviting a few trial players in, but will then push on for this long challenge.  Can't wait!!

I'm off and re-running too.

As I mentioned before, I would also be looking at a 4-2-4 system that I've used a lot in the last few FM's whilst managing lower league teams. I view the KISS rule highly - Keep It Simple Stupid. So that's what we're going to do!

Eventually I want us playing a possession hungry game. I'll be hoping to develop incredibly technical players, preferably with bags of flair. My preferred system on FM is a Vertical Tiki Taka which I hope to base our nation's team around in the future.

Let's not run before we can crawl...

I had to try recreate their away logo from a blurry Facebook picture. :D Luckily the text below RSM is too small to realistically read anywhere ingame.

I'm finally going to start my save. I've been kicking around in some terrible leagues like North Korea developing lower league tactics and I've found some pretty good ones. 

The team is really strong in this league. I just ran a basic 442 and was able to win the league as well as both cups. worked out pretty well. We won the league by A LOT and only dropped 1 game all year

Youth intake was pretty bad but there were some local kids so at least thats working :)

National team beat Andorra, drew with them and drew a friendly with faroe islands. got smashed by everyone else :D

image.thumb.png.ea6c3b669a64aa588677638c7836e6f6.png 

image.thumb.png.bbeba1ab63da84591995288467572c50.png

image.png.83f259eb4b031e4a5759f6a0119463b9.png

Edited by deadfncat

Just now, TheJonsterMonster said:

I've no idea why it's taken me this long to think of looking for the San Marino thread - big thanks to everyone for all the work that's gone into this. I'll be hibernating this winter with this save. 

Now to tell the wife and kids why I might be muttering random Italian names in my sleep...

Don't worry, I've just been called sad by my Mrs for celebrating  a lovely dinked finish after a swish move.

Finding it a little harder this time around, but for good reason. The first database I used had no squad registration or transfer windows, no cups… It felt wrong but I figured once I was in Serie C it wouldn’t matter anyway as the career is about what happens way past all that. I’m not complaining at all. I’m happy that it’s more realistic now and top marks to @claassen for getting it done right. 

I've decided to start a second save alongside my first, this time with the intention of holidaying a lot to get to the future with the editor on so I can see if the youth rating changes over time. The finances tho, the lower divisions look like a real money drain. :(

@6499red 1st two National Team achievements for me please - win a game and win a competitive game.  Late drama with a 91st minute direct free kick beauty from King of the Long Shots, Mr Nicola Nanni!  It is possible there were scenes at Duesouth Towers!!!

1322649299_SanMarino20211stwin.jpg.17a0ca8e59b68a83b9a29ea39ef9784d.jpg

Just finished the 2nd season of my save. First season I tried to play too many Sammarinese players and finished 3rd after bottling the league. This season I signed more quality and walked the league, alongside winning 2 cups. Not doing the national team yet, will leave it a few more seasons.

81bf280b26db6df1b7037881fee61af0.png

@6499red I was looking at the the league and I think you need to change the milestones for those of us that will be playing in the San Marino domestic league.   As of 2020/21 (and this is what the database you posted in the first thread reflects) there are no more groups.   All 15 of the teams are in one group, playing each other twice, before advancing to a 12 team playoff.   The winner of the playoff goes to CL with the loser going to ECL.   The cup winner also goes to the ECL, and I assume if the cup winner is a finalist in the playoff that last ECL spot goes to either the highest remaining team from league play or winner of the third place game in playoff.  

16 minutes ago, Lefurjah said:

@6499red I was looking at the the league and I think you need to change the milestones for those of us that will be playing in the San Marino domestic league.   As of 2020/21 (and this is what the database you posted in the first thread reflects) there are no more groups.   All 15 of the teams are in one group, playing each other twice, before advancing to a 12 team playoff.   The winner of the playoff goes to CL with the loser going to ECL.   The cup winner also goes to the ECL, and I assume if the cup winner is a finalist in the playoff that last ECL spot goes to either the highest remaining team from league play or winner of the third place game in playoff.  

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look at at database this evening

28 minutes ago, TacticalGenius said:

I can’t register free agents outside of the regular transfer windows, and I have to register all players, even my own youngsters.

@Tactical Genius I don't know about the youngsters, but I am doing a save in the 3rd tier of German with the standard FM database and I was not able to register free agents outside of window so that may just how the registration rules work.

31 minutes ago, TacticalGenius said:

I can’t register free agents outside of the regular transfer windows, and I have to register all players, even my own youngsters.

Idk if that’s just how it is over there or if it’s a database problem. 

I know that it is a separate setting in the Editor that has to be changed, so could be the league or a mistake, I dont know, surely it will be fine in serie C and above though.

Thought I would post my proof of my 2 cup wins also, forgot the screenie last night.

23650d2c3ef05b3a93c90961166e7cea.png

A point of discussion - what is your policy for Sammarinese players? Do try to include them in the squad from the start, or try to race up the leagues with the best players possible and get those facility upgrades? I'm leaning towards the latter.

2 hours ago, deadfncat said:

So I found a bug in the Serie D. I won the playoff final and didnt get promoted? not sure whats happening there :(

Teams only get promoted from the playout if teams from serie C go bankrupt in real life - and only after coming out on top against the winners of the playoffs from the other groups - in real life. As clubs don't stop playing in FM, this would never happen in a game. Is this how it is supposed to happen @claassen?

@deadfncat @The Regista @oskumustatuli

Edit: so you'd have to win your group to get promoted.

Edited by 6499red

30 minutes ago, LUFCspeni said:

Thought I would post my proof of my 2 cup wins also, forgot the screenie last night.

23650d2c3ef05b3a93c90961166e7cea.png

A point of discussion - what is your policy for Sammarinese players? Do try to include them in the squad from the start, or try to race up the leagues with the best players possible and get those facility upgrades? I'm leaning towards the latter.

I suppose it depends on personal preference mostly, but i suppose people playing in San Marino itself may be more inclined to do it. Also, youth development is limited if it even happens at all with poor facilities (even when players are regulars) so whatever you can do to improve club facilities, I guess.

3 hours ago, deadfncat said:

So I found a bug in the Serie D. I won the playoff final and didnt get promoted? not sure whats happening there :(

Serie D playoffs are weird - you don't always go up.  Happened to me in FM19 from memory.  I believe it has something to do with the rules with Serie C relegation.  Claassen would need to confirm, but I think it's correct.  As Regista said, gotta win the league to be sure of promotion.

What are people's thoughts on changing clubs? Whether it be due to sacking or choice (provided it is Victor S.M. or a local club) - I am of the opinion to allow it, given the main aim is the World Cup - how you do that should be your own choice

Also,allowing people to carry on if they get sacked by the NT (however unlikely that may seem)

any thoughts?

@duesouth any precedent in previous versions?

In other news - not going well for the Titani tonight, lol.

Edited by 6499red

9 minutes ago, 6499red said:

What are people's thoughts on changing clubs? Whether it be due to sacking or choice (provided it is Victor S.M. or a local club) - I am of the opinion to allow it, given the main aim is the World Cup - how you do that should be your own choice

Also,allowing people to carry on if they get sacked by the NT (however unlikely that may seem)

any thoughts?

@duesouth any precedent in previous versions?

In other news - not going well for the Titani tonight, lol.

Some people have left the old San Marino Calcio as Serie A got pretty dull and boring - winning it every year.  The youth intakes will still continue - so if players feel it will be something to keep the save fresh, then I don't think there's a problem.  I'm personally a control freak and wouldn't leave.  Sacking is a different one - but then I don't recall anyone getting the boot in past challenges.  If it's fairly early, then I guess re-start as the AI is never getting the club to Serie A.