[FM22] The Great San Marino Challenge

14 ore fa, Handyfernandy ha scritto:

San Marino League for FM23 availabe now https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2886026394&searchtext=san+marino
Just wait for italy lower league

Great news!

Anyone who have already tested it, can confirm if new league format/rules are applied? (1st one in league are now directly crowned champions, playoff for final positions 2+, 1 domestic player per team, etc.)

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, SoloTitano said:

Great news!

Anyone who have already tested it, can confirm if new league format/rules are applied? (1st one in league are now directly crowned champions, playoff for final positions 2+, 1 domestic player per team, etc.)

I hope so because that’s actually a really good rule change. Did find it a bit strange that you could literally be the best team for 28 games and top the league but lose the championship in a one off game 😂

22 hours ago, Handyfernandy said:

San Marino League for FM23 availabe now https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2886026394&searchtext=san+marino
Just wait for italy lower league

I think this workshop is gone now.

I'm fairly certain that @claassen intends on reproducing his databases this year again for 23. Those worked a treat on FM22.

I hope there will be a san marino database with the real rules soon... last fm i started my very first fm save ever in san marino but with "weird" rules but after three years i didnt want to restart and took it :D but san giovanni made it to the cl groupstages a few times... but i habd no limits for foreign players or players could become citizen after 5 years... os hopefully i will find a better one cause i want to start in san marino again and not in italy

On 09/11/2022 at 18:06, ChiccO said:

I hope so because that’s actually a really good rule change. Did find it a bit strange that you could literally be the best team for 28 games and top the league but lose the championship in a one off game 😂

Happened to me with Folgore in FM 22 few days ago. The WHOLE season we hadn't conceded a goal. Final: lost 1-0 :lol:

33 minutes ago, Thomassje123 said:

Happened to me with Folgore in FM 22 few days ago. The WHOLE season we hadn't conceded a goal. Final: lost 1-0 :lol:

Haha that is brutal sir! I think it happened to me one year too, although I was too confident and instant resulted it. Big mistake :rolleyes:

Hello,

I see there are 3 database for San Marino.

1 Database with only playoffs for all 12 teams                                                      (Sammarinese Football League System)

2. Database with only number 1 CL qualif. and 2 -12 playoff                             (San Marino (D1) by Bartolomeus)

3. Database with numbers 1 go to CL qualif. and 2+3 ECL qualif.                      (San Marino - League and Cup)

Which is the best database to use?

And does somebody know when lower Italian Leagues come?

Edited by RoyvdVen

Im not 100% sure but it sounds like the 3rd option is the one as they usually have 2 teams in the ECL prelim rounds. 

The full season should split into a playoff after 28 games I think but the team who finishes 1st on the league system bypass the playoffs now and are champions. 

Where did you see the database? I’m happy to download and test it. 

for the Italian lower leagues it’s a case of whenever someone has time to make them. I think Classsen did both past few years so he might do them both again this time. 

12 minutes ago, RoyvdVen said:

I found them on steam workshop.

I now use 2e but know i can use 11 players without San Marino players no rules for that.

And yes 28 games after that playoffs without number 1 but the playoff has no meaning when number 2 and 3 are ECL for sure

Ah yes I see what you mean. Im not sure if that is still correct as you say the play offs would mean nothing lol. 

maybe @SoloTitano will know? 

as mentioned i hope i come old soon cause i realy struggle to find a team for me outside of san marino cause i love building things from scratch...

but maybe you guys can give some pro and cons of starting the challenge in or outside of the san marino league?

19 minutes ago, RoyvdVen said:

aha oke so which database do you going to chose?

Every database has something?

I’m holding off a bit to see if Claassen manages to do them soon. His worked perfect for me last year and were both the Sammarinese league and the Italian Lower Leagues. 

29 minutes ago, Scraborn said:

as mentioned i hope i come old soon cause i realy struggle to find a team for me outside of san marino cause i love building things from scratch...

but maybe you guys can give some pro and cons of starting the challenge in or outside of the san marino league?

I usually play as 2 teams and the National Team. 

Victor San Marino and one of the San Marino clubs. Can go for the challenge on two fronts 😆

20 hours ago, ChiccO said:

Haha that is brutal sir! I think it happened to me one year too, although I was too confident and instant resulted it. Big mistake :rolleyes:

540ef2371f78516528ee84cd2fabe1ee.png

The same happened to with to the Virtus game (0-2). Insta resulted it with my B team, that was a really close one in the quarter final already. That would be a catastrophe. Later on I win the CL final. Madness

11 minutes ago, Scraborn said:

this is my favorite part of my first ever ever fm save

CLGruppe.jpg

Nice! 2027 too 👏🏼

I topped a Conference League group a few seasons in when I wasn’t even expecting to make it in! 😂

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ChiccO:

Nice! 2027 too 👏🏼

I topped a Conference League group a few seasons in when I wasn’t even expecting to make it in! 😂

yeah but in the end i bottled it... won vs psg - loss to juve - 2 wins against wolfsburg - loss to juve and a loss against psg made me a third place

the conference league was my deepest run in europe with beating newcastle and nice in the knockouts but loosing to wolfsburg in the quarterfinal a few years prior to the champions league year with this nasty group

verlauf.jpg

17 ore fa, ChiccO ha scritto:

Ah yes I see what you mean. Im not sure if that is still correct as you say the play offs would mean nothing lol. 

maybe @SoloTitano will know? 

the correct rules are:

- 1 San Marino player always on field (so if you one in starting XI and you want to sub him, another Sanmarinese must go in)

- 28 matches, the first will be crowned as Champions. Teams placed 2-11 are qualified to play-offs (3rd-6th directly to QFs, 7th-11th have one play-off round more). The final positions (and european places) are decided by play-offs, so arriving 2nd in league phase should not give you automatic european qualification, you must arrive in play-off final to be officially 2nd/3rd

- Play-off 1st round: single match (8th vs 11th, 9th vs 10th), in case of draw the better-placed team go on

- QFs/SFs "home"/"away" matches (2th vs 9th*, 3rd vs 8th*, 4th vs 7th, 5th vs 6th). In case of same points and same goal differences in two matches, better-placed team goes on

- Final for 2nd and 4th place. Single match with extra-time and penalties

Edited by SoloTitano

Don't have time to keep the thread updated much these days, so if yous want to start a new one for fm23 (or use this one) that's cool

If I don't do that, maybe I'll squeeze put some time to play! :)

I reckon just write Acheivements in each of our posts rather than the front of the thread because updating takes too long (bar the really high level ones)

4 hours ago, 6499red said:

Don't have time to keep the thread updated much these days, so if yous want to start a new one for fm23 (or use this one) that's cool

If I don't do that, maybe I'll squeeze put some time to play! :)

I reckon just write Acheivements in each of our posts rather than the front of the thread because updating takes too long (bar the really high level ones)

Nice one dude, will need to wait for a relevant Italian Lower Leagues database 😆

On 12/11/2022 at 10:32, SoloTitano said:

the correct rules are:

- 1 San Marino player always on field (so if you one in starting XI and you want to sub him, another Sanmarinese must go in)

- 28 matches, the first will be crowned as Champions. Teams placed 2-11 are qualified to play-offs (3rd-6th directly to QFs, 7th-11th have one play-off round more). The final positions (and european places) are decided by play-offs, so arriving 2nd in league phase should not give you automatic european qualification, you must arrive in play-off final to be officially 2nd/3rd

- Play-off 1st round: single match (8th vs 11th, 9th vs 10th), in case of draw the better-placed team go on

- QFs/SFs "home"/"away" matches (2th vs 9th*, 3rd vs 8th*, 4th vs 7th, 5th vs 6th). In case of same points and same goal differences in two matches, better-placed team goes on

- Final for 2nd and 4th place. Single match with extra-time and penalties

Do we know if this is definitely the rules?

im only asking as all I can find on the official San Marino Football Association TV channel website doesn’t say that the top team now are exempt from the play off. Unless the site isn’t up to date? 

https://www.titani.tv/campionato-sammarinese

13 ore fa, ChiccO ha scritto:

Do we know if this is definitely the rules?

im only asking as all I can find on the official San Marino Football Association TV channel website doesn’t say that the top team now are exempt from the play off. Unless the site isn’t up to date? 

https://www.titani.tv/campionato-sammarinese

it's not updated. 

>Lunedì i sorteggi di campionato e coppa: al via la stagione calcistica (fsgc.sm)

other rules:

- 9 players on bench

- 5 subs in 3 slots definitive change

- Suspension for yellow cards: (in league) 4, 8, 11, 14, 17... (in cup) 2, 4, 6,...

2 hours ago, SoloTitano said:

it's not updated. 

>Lunedì i sorteggi di campionato e coppa: al via la stagione calcistica (fsgc.sm)

other rules:

- 9 players on bench

- 5 subs in 3 slots definitive change

- Suspension for yellow cards: (in league) 4, 8, 11, 14, 17... (in cup) 2, 4, 6,...

Great link mate, that’s great. 

Some really good changes there with the 5 subs and only 1 SM player in the team when it used to be 2. 

Along with the Real Name fix could be updated as the league and cup are now sponsored  by BKN301.

shouldn’t be too hard to change that from any of the custom SM databases made for FM23 thus far. It’s really just the Italian Eccelenza we are waiting for 

I haven’t edited a database since before the steam workshop subscribe was a popular option. 

do we know if we can further edit databases that we subscribe to and haven’t actually downloaded? 

im willing to slightly edit the San Marino database with the new rules and a Serie D one with VSM added so we can get started. 

56 minutes ago, ChiccO said:

I haven’t edited a database since before the steam workshop subscribe was a popular option. 

do we know if we can further edit databases that we subscribe to and haven’t actually downloaded? 

im willing to slightly edit the San Marino database with the new rules and a Serie D one with VSM added so we can get started. 

OK Yeah I can.

Currently having a playaround with the AGE version of the SM league to add the new rules. Will run a test and sim a season to see if it works.

I've simmed a season into this database for the Campionato Sammarinese and the winners of the league were crowned champions and the play-offs works for the European qualification.

It also has the minimum 1 Sammarinese player in the on-field 11 so it looks good!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2886348726&searchtext=san+marino

I'm just looking into editing a Serie D database to add VSM in and then will sim a season to check if the Newgens that come through are Sammarinese. 

EDIT: So VSM in the Serie D works, and the majority of the youth team are San Marino nationals. However there seems to be an issue with italian players being able to declare themselves as Sammarinese even though they weren't born there. It's players who have only been at VSM for one season too. @SoloTitano there hasn't been a change to the eligibility of players for the SM national team if they spend time at Victor San Marino has there? In the database it says 15 years to Nationality. Unless it's a strange bug.

Edited by ChiccO

1 hour ago, ChiccO said:

I've simmed a season into this database for the Campionato Sammarinese and the winners of the league were crowned champions and the play-offs works for the European qualification.

It also has the minimum 1 Sammarinese player in the on-field 11 so it looks good!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2886348726&searchtext=san+marino

I'm just looking into editing a Serie D database to add VSM in and then will sim a season to check if the Newgens that come through are Sammarinese. 

Once its done I will be finally ready to start!!!!!

I'm looking to do this again this year, had a lot of fun with it last year.

Does anyone know alternative links for downloading steam workshop files? I'm on GamePass so don't have access to the workshop. I used a steam downloader before but Valve have killed these so it's not possible anymore.

6 minutes ago, ChiccO said:

Test simmed 18 months as both manager of Victor San Marino and the San Marino National team. Seems to be working ok.

About to start a new topic for the FM23 San Marino challenge :cool:.

i appreciate the work you're putting in for Greatest save in the game. tyty

Il 14/11/2022 in 23:15 , ChiccO ha scritto:

EDIT: So VSM in the Serie D works, and the majority of the youth team are San Marino nationals. However there seems to be an issue with italian players being able to declare themselves as Sammarinese even though they weren't born there. It's players who have only been at VSM for one season too. @SoloTitano there hasn't been a change to the eligibility of players for the SM national team if they spend time at Victor San Marino has there? In the database it says 15 years to Nationality. Unless it's a strange bug.

In db it's 15 years, don't know why this is happening (but I remember happening also in FM22).

Can you tell me the players? So I can check if it depends on them or it's a general bug

2 hours ago, SoloTitano said:

In db it's 15 years, don't know why this is happening (but I remember happening also in FM22).

Can you tell me the players? So I can check if it depends on them or it's a general bug

Sure mate. Although I think it is a bug as it is happening even now when I’m playing as VSM. 

it’s not a game breaking bug and something that’s manageable as you can just ignore the players who aren’t supposed to be eligible. 

So far I’ve seen the news item for: Allessandro Monaco, Alberto Malo and Mouna Dioh. 

thanks for all your knowledge and assistance bud! 

22 ore fa, ChiccO ha scritto:

Sure mate. Although I think it is a bug as it is happening even now when I’m playing as VSM. 

it’s not a game breaking bug and something that’s manageable as you can just ignore the players who aren’t supposed to be eligible. 

So far I’ve seen the news item for: Allessandro Monaco, Alberto Malo and Mouna Dioh. 

thanks for all your knowledge and assistance bud! 

I'm gonna set declared for their first nation all non-Sammarinese players at Victor or Academy

• 1 month later...

Evening all! 

Been a long time since I played a solid save on FM. Last save was on 21.

I'm taking on this challenge with all my old knowledge. I'll update you as I go or when interesting things happen.

Wish me look.

I'm based in Malta so being close to Italy wad my reasoning. Originally from UK