[FM22][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

How did you set up the tabs on the panel with the attribute analyser polygon? I've been trying to do something similar but to no avail. 

I've found that widgets work for most things there but not this, so they are containers. As it's tabbed, the code is straight into the player overview panel. Here is the DNA one:

<!-- DNA -->	  
			<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="dnap" file="player/tcs/player attribute analyser panel dna" dont_set_embedded_title="true" late_loading="true" priority="1">
					 <translation id="title" type="use" value="DNA" />
					 <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
			</container> 

That then links to this xml, player attribute analyser panel dna:

<panel>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" offset="0" inset="10" gap="0" mode="distribute_equally">
    <container minimum_width="300" priority="1" default_width="-1">
     	<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1" offset="0" gap="0" />
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Outfield player -->
      <container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/tcs/overview/attribute/dna" >
        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" />
      </container>

</container>
  </container>
</panel>

Then the actual xml (dna) which sets up how it works - colours, attributes etc.

It took me ages to get that sorted but Tato has it so I just followed the way Woz has done his.

14 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I've found that widgets work for most things there but not this, so they are containers. As it's tabbed, the code is straight into the player overview panel. Here is the DNA one:

<!-- DNA -->	  
			<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="dnap" file="player/tcs/player attribute analyser panel dna" dont_set_embedded_title="true" late_loading="true" priority="1">
					 <translation id="title" type="use" value="DNA" />
					 <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
			</container> 

That then links to this xml, player attribute analyser panel dna:

<panel>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" offset="0" inset="10" gap="0" mode="distribute_equally">
    <container minimum_width="300" priority="1" default_width="-1">
     	<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1" offset="0" gap="0" />
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Outfield player -->
      <container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/tcs/overview/attribute/dna" >
        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" />
      </container>

</container>
  </container>
</panel>

Then the actual xml (dna) which sets up how it works - colours, attributes etc.

It took me ages to get that sorted but Tato has it so I just followed the way Woz has done his.

I would assume that the dna polygon would need some editing as different users would look at different attributes for their preferred dna. I know on the generic polygon, you have a heading which refers to a couple of attributes, for example "aerial" which would use jumping reach and balance (I believe). 

18 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I would assume that the dna polygon would need some editing as different users would look at different attributes for their preferred dna. I know on the generic polygon, you have a heading which refers to a couple of attributes, for example "aerial" which would use jumping reach and balance (I believe). 

Yep.

Here is 'speed' which is made of Pace and Acceleration:

<record id="item">
        <translation id="name" translation_id="285376" type="use" value="Speed[COMMENT: player profile, overview panel polygon category title]" />
        <real id="max_value" value="20" />
        <integer id="angle" value="270" />
        <colour id="colour" name="text" />
        <flags id="standard_spec" value="text" />
		  <flags id="size" value="small" />

<list id="attributes">
          <integer value="Ppac" />
          <!-- pace -->
          <integer value="Pacc" />
          <!-- acceleration-->
        </list>
      </record>

There's no limit to the amount but I haven't  been able to get hidden attributes to show. At the top, you can also show the numerical value:

<panel>
  <real id="segment_count" value="6" />
  <boolean id="show_inaccurate_category" value="true" />
  <boolean id="should_round_values" value="true" />
  <boolean id="show_segment_values" value="true"/>

That's the segment value. You can leave it unrounded, to 2DP, if you wanted to compare several attributes, too.

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Yep.

Here is 'speed' which is made of Pace and Acceleration:

<record id="item">
        <translation id="name" translation_id="285376" type="use" value="Speed[COMMENT: player profile, overview panel polygon category title]" />
        <real id="max_value" value="20" />
        <integer id="angle" value="270" />
        <colour id="colour" name="text" />
        <flags id="standard_spec" value="text" />
		  <flags id="size" value="small" />

<list id="attributes">
          <integer value="Ppac" />
          <!-- pace -->
          <integer value="Pacc" />
          <!-- acceleration-->
        </list>
      </record>

There's no limit to the amount but I haven't  been able to get hidden attributes to show. At the top, you can also show the numerical value:

<panel>
  <real id="segment_count" value="6" />
  <boolean id="show_inaccurate_category" value="true" />
  <boolean id="should_round_values" value="true" />
  <boolean id="show_segment_values" value="true"/>

That's the segment value. You can leave it unrounded, to 2DP, if you wanted to compare several attributes, too.

I guess the only limit is the size of the container that the polygon will be in. I tried using my polygons from last year on other skins and had to remove some values as the polygon would shrink too much to fit (I had 12 values for an outfield player).

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I guess the only limit is the size of the container that the polygon will be in. I tried using my polygons from last year on other skins and had to remove some values as the polygon would shrink too much to fit (I had 12 values for an outfield player).

Absolutely, yes. I never found a way to change the code that names each section or the layout of that code so it just shrinks the polygon, which can look a bit messy. 

4 minutes ago, marius96 said:

mate, can you upload it again? it's a wonderful skin imho, very clever and smooth

4 minutes ago, marius96 said:

mate, can you upload it again? it's a wonderful skin imho, very clever and smooth

Yes, i will. I have just found some changes I wanna do first:)

1 hour ago, Drakestone said:

1 hour ago, statomatic7 said:

So here is my updated skin!! Its been a long time coming but I'm proud of my very first effort as a skinner..... credit goes to @stevemc for the amazing background images, thanks also to @BuzzR @michaeltmurrayuk and @keysifor your help.

I'm not sure it can be called "skin". I do not see anything new and original. :)

2 hours ago, statomatic7 said:

So here is my updated skin!! Its been a long time coming but I'm proud of my very first effort as a skinner..... credit goes to @stevemc for the amazing background images, thanks also to @BuzzR @michaeltmurrayuk and @keysifor your help.

image.png.75a0e0e9d02f9505527e983f29374ac0.png

image.png.4758ad645f56a5d6c5b16cb5ca2da101.png

image.png.b834bbdcd048475a1b8dd3bdc3e37163.png

image.png.1a108a4233ff8bc4f332134b411b2559.png

image.png.f632a9bbe5ebde26f75d4acd8b243454.png

image.png

Looking good for a first attempt. Like the setup of the personal details on the player overview. Ignore the negative comments 👍🏻

27 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

The way you have the colours set up, REALLY makes me want to do a Dulwich Hamlet save. That's a funky colour scheme. Nice club overview. 

I know right? I LOVE Dulwich Hamlets colour scheme, so unique!!

12 minutes ago, MariusA said:

Haha. Pointless comment, especially when your own skin doesn’t look good at all

Thats only a matter of opinion, each to their own. Lets try and keep any criticisms constructive.

@Olas Nick As I usually do with previous skins I make, I sort out the general UI and graphical stuff first before I start making adjustments to individual panel layouts etc. As far as I see it theres two major types of skins, one that changes the layout of information like FME's Zealand skin, and then ones that change the UI and graphical elements more. Mine generally fall into the latter.

41 minutes ago, Drakestone said:

Thats only a matter of opinion, each to their own. Lets try and keep any criticisms constructive.

I absolutely agree and do not criticize.
I believe there are some major challenges in skinning.
Example:
- light skin;
- better use of free space than in the original "news_item_panels";
- new and original panels;
- redesigned to reduce the left side "tactics overview side panel.xml";
- etc...
But 90% of skins do not contain anything new except the name and minimal changes in settings.xml :)

24 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

I absolutely agree and do not criticize.
I believe there are some major challenges in skinning.
Example:
- light skin;
- better use of free space than in the original "news_item_panels";
- new and original panels;
- redesigned to reduce the left side "tactics overview side panel.xml";
- etc...
But 90% of skins do not contain anything new except the name and minimal changes in settings.xml :)

I agree, far too many skins these days are just a rehash of the default skin. I remember the days of Turnstyle and Steklo and Vitrex. Theres still a few good skins and skinners out there but they seem to be far and few between these days. But as new people start to skin and learn the quality of skins will go up. I just think we are in a transitional period where the old school skinners have mostly stopped but the new breed are still learning.

2 hours ago, Drakestone said:

I agree, far too many skins these days are just a rehash of the default skin. I remember the days of Turnstyle and Steklo and Vitrex. Theres still a few good skins and skinners out there but they seem to be far and few between these days. But as new people start to skin and learn the quality of skins will go up. I just think we are in a transitional period where the old school skinners have mostly stopped but the new breed are still learning.

Oh man! I miss Steklo. Possibly my all time favourite skin. 

Totally agree. It's only recently, that I have actually been confident enough to actually try and put something together myself but, at the same time, for a novice skinner, some comments can be taken in a totally different way to which they were intended which, as a result, will have a negative effect on the skinner. 

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Oh man! I miss Steklo. Possibly my all time favourite skin. 

Totally agree. It's only recently, that I have actually been confident enough to actually try and put something together myself but, at the same time, for a novice skinner, some comments can be taken in a totally different way to which they were intended which, as a result, will have a negative effect on the skinner. 

🤫

image.png.bca3d16fb2a8caf4214fdb4d14ba68ad.png

7 hours ago, Drakestone said:

I miss TomDixon77 :( Such a shame he doesn't do FM skins anymore!

13 hours ago, john1 said:

Jesus, where have you been?! :D Remember using this skin on FM15 I believe?

Life caught up with me lol. Last time I released a skin for FM was FM17!! Did a version of Vex for FM15 originally then updated it for FM17.

On 15/12/2021 at 03:49, Olas Nick said:

optimized for 1920*1200 windowed fullscreen and 100% zoom
maybe need little rework for other resolution/zoom

club affiliated clubs panel.xml 26.97 kB · 18 downloads club overview details panel affiliate.xml 4.73 kB · 17 downloads

Hi Olas,

What additional files have you downloaded to use for the city and stadium pics, the xml works great, I just have generic pics in mine.

Appreciate the help,

Jellico

On 03/11/2021 at 12:33, wkdsoul said:

Playing with the polygons available for player info.

Capture.thumb.PNG.9cb5863eeea1e1c0fb011189944ea103.PNG

Would you mind sharing the base code for this?  I spent some time trying to do this but A: I am not a coder, and B: The sound my head was making against the table was distracting me too much...

On 30/11/2021 at 02:43, GIMN said:

Don't know if it's any use, and I'm sure everyone takes a different approach, but I used a free trial on balsamiq to help plan layouts.  Then I use notepad+, 1 tab with a copy of the original panel, and the other with the one I'm working on.  Delete pretty much everything, and work on the layout first - so the first step for me might be to just get the page to be a big column with 3 rows/boxes on the left, and a smaller column with 2 rows/boxes on the right with absolutely nothing inside of them.  Then, basically copy across each element I want into the relevant box, and once that's done start focussing on the smaller details (spacing, dividers, resizing, etc...).  Finally, once it's all done and I'm happy with it, I stumble across something in here which gives me another idea and I start all over again. 

Repeat ad infinitum.

Is there a tutorial for this somewhere, I am more of a visual learner myself and am having way too many PBKAc errors lately....thanks.

5 hours ago, Vermillionz abey said:

You skins latest soo Sexy sir . When release ? Waiting Happy New Years ? :D:applause::cool:

He will release it in his own time :thup: You seems to be asking it almost every post I see on here? :rolleyes: