FM21 : New Update Player Changes

Welshace

Can we post any new interesting changes we have seen in the new winter update...

Moukoko is the big obvious one...

1K5cHyI.png

But we have the likes of :

Dane Scarlett from Tottenham , has now got the potential to be one of the best in the game frankly..

CXd5B74.png

Yeremi Pino - 17 years old, with top potential .. only £12.5 mil release clause too!

wcY7BZt.png

Florian Wirtz - the german has got a much deserved boost and looks itching to leave for a new challenge..

LeLd8Ob.png

Pablo Torre from Racing Santander looks incredible for his age, 2 footed as well. Has a £5m release fee on my save but with Santander is Spain's 3rd tier, may be available for less:

torre.thumb.PNG.8e4618bd1dc451f87aef19a1519205c9.PNG

Also like the look of Gragera - from Gijon in Spain's second tier:

gragera.thumb.PNG.4432efddb8cc16e2e1f0afbad382083b.PNG

....and this kid has been rated for a couple of years now but was he this good before?! Obviously, will be hard to sign but looks incredible for his age. Few from Dinamo seem to have been given little boosts - Lovro Majer now has a little more industry to go with his technical skills:

gvardiol.thumb.PNG.0289221d42df9f9436f55feb62f74036.PNG

Edited by fidelitywars

3 hours ago, fidelitywars said:

Pablo Torre from Racing Santander looks incredible for his age, 2 footed as well. Has a £5m release fee on my save but with Santander is Spain's 3rd tier, may be available for less:

....and this kid has been rated for a couple of years now but was he this good before?! Obviously, will be hard to sign but looks incredible for his age. Few from Dinamo seem to have been given little boosts - Lovro Majer now has a little more industry to go with his technical skills:

Torre looks amazing .. and you're right, dinamo has seen a few players with ugprades it seems.... Majer looks ready for a top flight team straight away and Ademi's mental stats have gone even higher it seems..

g7GyEU5.png

4 minutes ago, Smaldini said:

Wan-Bissaka's positioning getting nerfed is fair enough, the rest is just overkill. Would be interesting to see if Trent has received the same treatment.

Oh I don't know ... it was only Christmas time that Wan-Bissaka's ability was being questioned in almost all outlets .. I would say a downgrade is fairly warranted.

4 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Oh I don't know ... it was only Christmas time that Wan-Bissaka's ability was being questioned in almost all outlets .. I would say a downgrade is fairly warranted.

Aside from his frustrating positioning, his form this season has been better than what he was showing post-lockdown, so the timing of the downgrade doesn't make sense. Martial has by far been our worst player this season, so I would've expected him to get the biggest nerf. 

9 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

As alluded to in this article, Gonzalo Villar looks absurdly good as a mentor in the long-term, he has been buffed a lot as well as being given a model citizen personality.

Shame his Leadership isn't higher.. the perfect type of player i like to be captain really.

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

Shame his Leadership isn't higher.. the perfect type of player i like to be captain really.

Have you had much success with leadership courses? I do it once a player is close to his full potential, I have gained a couple of leadership attribute points by doing this on different occasions. 

Started a game with NUFC last night - Elliot Anderson looks like he got a decent bump - now rated 5 star potential. I will upload a SS when I get back on. I play FMT so not every player gets loaded, anyone know if Bobby Clarke made the main DB or is he still too young?

Edited by Geordieboy52

10 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Started a game with NUFC last night - Elliot Anderson looks like he got a decent bump - now rated 5 star potential. I will upload a SS when I get back on. I play FMT so not every player gets loaded, anyone know if Bobby Clarke made the main DB or is he still too young?

Yeah Anderson looks a decent prospect... quite far away from first team though I feel.. 

Bobby isn't in yet

50 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

If I'm starting a new game choosing 20.3, but I'm running an edited database on 20.2, I've noticed players like Moukoko appear who weren't there before. Are other players stats also updated if running the previous edited db?

The edited database only overwrites what is in 20.3 ..  but obviously moukoko appears because he isnt in your edited database ....  

So any players that have been updated in 20.3 but ARENT touched in 20.2 will have their 20.3 updated stats.

20 minutes ago, Welshace said:

The edited database only overwrites what is in 20.3 ..  but obviously moukoko appears because he isnt in your edited database ....  

So any players that have been updated in 20.3 but ARENT touched in 20.2 will have their 20.3 updated stats.

Amazing. Thankyou for your response! 

Luke Offord at Crewe looks like he could develop in to a nice little right back/cb

1715642689_Screenshot2021-02-24at19_59_36.thumb.png.0ca16b4439cb0a81acd0d6d3576c8775.png

Think it was confirmed in that Marine match that Alfie Devine was going to get a big bump

377090939_Screenshot2021-02-24at20_01_16.thumb.png.e87ac9593d3a8a42ae1756a459bcc5fe.png

Never signed him in previous patch but I think Marcus Edward got a bump625463184_Screenshot2021-02-24at20_03_03.thumb.png.42fb4e68604edfc67f31f5d9e55398c2.png

One of his team mates looks interesting too, never seen this fella pre patch

2028295146_Screenshot2021-02-24at20_03_39.thumb.png.a1755e70b72dffa2286c77b269109311.png

11 hours ago, Welshace said:

Don't think Offord has had a boost, think he was like that pre update.. 

And edwards definitely was like that.

The others look interesting though! will take a look

Not sure about Offord but don't remember Crewe teammate Ryan Wintle looking this good pre-patch:

wintle.thumb.PNG.14be9f66ec567a7fcb5343b19738a6d7.PNG

13 hours ago, Welshace said:

Don't think Offord has had a boost, think he was like that pre update.. 

And edwards definitely was like that.

The others look interesting though! will take a look

Edwards has had his Natural Fitness and Stamina improved by 3 and 2 points respectively.

This is my Alfie Devine after two seasons (one playing a few Europa league games, the other on loan at WBA in the Championship). Five star potential, think he’ll become amazing!

(also, can be picked up for 1M at the start of the game - same as Dane Scarlett who’s also had a big boost)

1B485C88-AF57-4F87-AD25-4FCCC5875E78.png

1 hour ago, Rub Me said:

Goncalves of Sporting CP looks really good after a deserved upgrade. The likes of Pope & Tarkowski still woefully underrated. 

A few more Sporting CP upgrades - - - -

DM Joao Palinha

AML/R Nuno Santos

A/MC Matheus Nunes

FWC/R Tiago Tomas

Surely they went a bit overboard with the upgrade of Weston McKennie? He now looks like one of the best midfielders in the game.

Also the downgrade of AWB is awful. Way too harsh. A simple -1 in positioning and maybe concentration would've suffice. He's not even having a bad season. 

1 minute ago, Fraaj said:

Surely they went a bit overboard with the upgrade of Weston McKennie? He now looks like one of the best midfielders in the game.

Also the downgrade of AWB is awful. Way too harsh. A simple -1 in positioning and maybe concentration would've suffice. He's not even having a bad season. 

Mckennie is mostly 12's and 13's across the board apart from a few obvious areas.. and even they are only 16's and 17's ... don't think that's too overboard considering how he's performed and the team he's currently at..

12 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Mckennie is mostly 12's and 13's across the board apart from a few obvious areas.. and even they are only 16's and 17's ... don't think that's too overboard considering how he's performed and the team he's currently at..

Lot of the 13s could be 11-12, he's 21 at the start of the game and already looks as good if not better than Partey or Kessie. After a few good months.

And it's not just him, I just went through a ton of players and lot of the changes seem a bit knee-jerk and over the top. 

Edited by Fraaj

3 minutes ago, Fraaj said:

Lot of the 13s could be 11-12, he's 21 at the start of the game and already looks as good if not better than Partey or Kessie. After a few good months.

And it's not just him, I just went through a ton of players and lot of the changes seem a bit knee-jerk and over the top. 

I understand, but the process the researchers have to undergo to make adjustments make kneejerk changes almost impossible... 

They have a very narrow bandwidth in which they can change attributes in any given update.  Also the changes will have been made by the Schalke researcher in this case, just in case you wanted to discuss the issue with them.

His CA incidently puts him on par with the likes of Dani Parejo, Fabian, Tielemans etc .. is that too high do you think?