FM21 : New Update Player Changes

Welshace

31 minutes ago, Fraaj said:

Surely they went a bit overboard with the upgrade of Weston McKennie? He now looks like one of the best midfielders in the game.

McKennie has been a real standout for Juventus this season.  Both in central midfield and on the flanks.  Schalke often used him further upfield as AM or even a FW.   Perhaps it's more a case of him having been underrated.

3 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

McKennie has been a real standout for Juventus this season.  Both in central midfield and on the flanks.  Schalke often used him further upfield as AM or even a FW.   Perhaps it's more a case of him having been underrated.

He's officially been there best performing player if i'm not mistaken... and he got the U.S Male soccer player of the year award, which is pretty good considering the players in that team now.

9 minutes ago, Welshace said:

He's officially been there best performing player if i'm not mistaken... and he got the U.S Male soccer player of the year award, which is pretty good considering the players in that team now.

He has been tremendous.  In addition to his obvious physical traits, his runs (both down the flanks when playing wide and in the middle) have been excellent.  He's been their driving force from midfield.  He's taken on the role that Aaron Ramsey was expected to take of that surging runs from the midfield into the box.  Not  as techincally skilled or as creative, but his physicality and defensive work rate and intensity are also strengths. 

Regarding my assertion that perhaps it is more of a case of db UNDERRATING him at Schalke...

It has seemed to me that German db tends to be slightly underrated in general and that the mid-season German db updates have tended to be...disappointing to me.  Fairly static from initial db.   

In particular I'm disappointed that the following players when more upgraded

AM Florian Wirtz - Bayer (did get a big upgrade, but not enough in my view and was terribly underrated at start of season)

AM Florian Neuhas - Gladbach (was slightly upgraded, should have been significant IMO)

AM Marcel Sabitzer - Leipzig (unchanged - underrated at start of season - Long Shots 11 ???)

AM Christopher Nkuku - Leipzig (unchanged - underrated)

DC Ibrahima Konate - Leipzig (unchanged or slightly upgraded - underrated)

DC Marvin Freidrich - Union Berlin (significant upgraded, but not enough - played his way into contention for die Mannschaft)

AM Cristoph Baumgartner - Hoffenheim (upgraded, but enough)

MR Silas Wamangituka - Stuttgart (slight upgrade, not enough)

ML Tanguy Coulibaly - Stuttgart (unchanged - underrated)

ST Matthew Hoppe - Schalke (unchanged - underrated, both in terms of currently play and potential)

2 hours ago, Rub Me said:

Any Inter upgrades? Thinking Barella, who's established himself as one of the best B2B midfielders in the world, and Bastoni?

Barella was already very good and got tweaked up a bit.  Bastoni seemed underrated to me based on last season and he, rightly, got more of a moderate to significant boost.

Verona AM Mattia Zaccagni got a big boost.  One of, if not the  biggest breakout players of the season in Serie A.

16 hours ago, DominicForza said:

Barella was already very good and got tweaked up a bit.  Bastoni seemed underrated to me based on last season and he, rightly, got more of a moderate to significant boost.

Verona AM Mattia Zaccagni got a big boost.  One of, if not the  biggest breakout players of the season in Serie A.

I think maybe his CA was largely in need of a tweak rather than attributes. 

13 hours ago, thebigfella said:

Has Tim Ronning had a bump looks really good now never really seen him before 

Think he’s exactly the same as far as I know. Model citizen too which helps a bunch for his progression. I had him on the original database and he was great.

Does the winter update reflect that many of Europes top teams are currently struggling?

Im not sure how FM works under the hood with CA and attribute changes, but do you see players from say, Juventus, Man Utd, Porto, possibly PSG, have they weakened to reflect their real life performance?

7 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

Does the winter update reflect that many of Europes top teams are currently struggling?

Im not sure how FM works under the hood with CA and attribute changes, but do you see players from say, Juventus, Man Utd, Porto, possibly PSG, have they weakened to reflect their real life performance?

Depends.. Fm tends to err on the long term form not short term issues on the whole....  For instance, have the juventus squad suddenly lost their talent or is it a short term swing in form due to the circumstances?

But I would say no, european teams haven't been downgraded significantly.

22 hours ago, Welshace said:

I love that we still get silly players like this in the new editions of this game... i hope it never stops! :lol:

LfLQDf0.png

Players like that make me want to load every player from the game! Looks really good for most Championship sides - or divisions of a similar level where he’d actually get a work permit.

1 hour ago, ShaunG95 said:

Players like that make me want to load every player from the game! Looks really good for most Championship sides - or divisions of a similar level where he’d actually get a work permit.

I just love that he is 5'3 with 1 strength and 1 jumping reach... just a leprechaun really

5 hours ago, Brighton123 said:

Bissouma has had his defensive attributes boosted a lot as well as a couple of other changes. Looking like one of the best midfielders outside of the top clubs which he's proving irl.

In game he certainly isn't but definitely in real life.. hope he gets a decent boost for fm22

Em 03/03/2021 em 11:17, Welshace disse:

I love that we still get silly players like this in the new editions of this game... i hope it never stops! :lol:

LfLQDf0.png

In real life he is a decent player, reads well the ofensive spaces and adds some dynamic and smart passes to his team. Although, he is a left winger and I think he deserves a better job on how his attributes are distributed, dont think they convey his real profile, such as his preferred foot, which is left.

One thing I also noticed is several peruvian players (actually playing in Peru, not just abroad) with  exquisite attributes, reminds me those good old days of FM in which the researchers from certains smaller countries would go wild on their "kids" :lol:. i hope it never stops as well!

Edited by lugui

8 minutes ago, lugui said:

In real life he is a decent player, reads well the ofensive spaces and adds some dynamic and smart passes to his team. Although, he is a left winger and I think he deserves a better job on how his attributes are distributed, dont think they convey his real profile, such as his preferred foot, which is left.

One thing I also noticed is several peruvian players (actually playing in Peru, not just abroad) with  exquisite attributes, reminds me those good old days of FM in which the researchers from certains smaller countries would go wild on their "kids" :lol:. i hope it never stops as well!

Back in the day, and I can't remember which edition it was, but bolivian players tended to have ridiculously good technical and mental stats... used to love signing the young bolivian kids and training them uo.. so good

Not long noticed this lad in Everton's youth team.. he looks ridiculous .. anyone happen to have a screenshot of him a few years down the line?

I think i might even start a save as the Toffees and see how far I can develop him

ZZFKXCt.png

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

Not long noticed this lad in Everton's youth team.. he looks ridiculous .. anyone happen to have a screenshot of him a few years down the line?

I think i might even start a save as the Toffees and see how far I can develop him

ZZFKXCt.png

He made his debut a few weeks back and was in the BBC’s wonderkids challenge too.

On 05/03/2021 at 14:50, Welshace said:

ZZFKXCt.png

Great talent irl. Was very disappointed to see his attributes pre-patch, great that he's been upgraded. :thup:

Looks a fantastic attacking full back.

Edited by Sysiphus

10 hours ago, Rubentus_Juventus said:

A couple of stand outs from my Huesca save, guiding me to a 3rd placed finish in my first season. 

Ryan Gauld and Rafa Mir were ridiculous. 

Javi Galan (not attached) also is immense

Gauld.PNG

Vergara.PNG

Rafa Mir.PNG

Lucas Fernandes.PNG

I noticed Huesca’s goalkeeper got a potential buff too, how did he perform?

8 hours ago, Rubentus_Juventus said:

Yeah he was solid as hell. Has just put in a transfer request, sadly - but have gotten a 40m bid from Dortmund so not all too bad.

Form.PNG

Stats.PNG

Looks really well rounded, might be worth a try if I can pull myself away from old trusty Dominik Lovakovic.

On 07/03/2021 at 08:44, Rubentus_Juventus said:

A couple of stand outs from my Huesca save, guiding me to a 3rd placed finish in my first season. 

Ryan Gauld and Rafa Mir were ridiculous. 

Javi Galan (not attached) also is immense

Gauld.PNG

Vergara.PNG

Rafa Mir.PNG

Lucas Fernandes.PNG

How much did you pay for Gauld, Lucas Fernades and Duvan Vergara?  Nice finds.   

In addition to Javi Galan and Alvaro Fernandez (mentioned in ShaunG95's post above), Javi Ontiveros (on loan to Huesca from Villarreal) got a big bump.

22 hours ago, DominicForza said:

How much did you pay for Gauld, Lucas Fernades and Duvan Vergara?  Nice finds.   

In addition to Javi Galan and Alvaro Fernandez (mentioned in ShaunG95's post above), Javi Ontiveros (on loan to Huesca from Villarreal) got a big bump.

~5m for Gauld, 2.4m for Lucas Fernandes & 1.5m for Duvan Vergara

Couple of promising players in game who are also destined for big things in real life.

Nyeman has already trained with Dortmunds youth team and will probably end up there or another german club by most reports.

Lk6HucK.png

The next in line at the endless conveyor belt of Croatian technical midfielders..

oiAv1LM.png

Promising striker making waves in Ghana

ZKUYCJt.png

Definitely known by fm enthusiasts, but still not widely used.. which is a shock given his talent and left footedness...

5VEghG3.png

Already transferring to Man city, but worth keeping an eye out for, super talented defence-first rightback... a rarity..

G4IpjMt.png

Talented Congolese winger with an eye for a goal 

yKmQ8qD.png