You Never See A Goalkeeper Give Away A Penalty.....

I believe SI fudge a few things to avoid really unbalanced scorelines or weird play, one of which is keepers not getting carted off injured or sent off.

One way this is achieved is by them not making any tackle-type challenges, to the extent I don't think there are animations or logic to deal with a keeper reaching for the ball and a striker getting there at the same time...

Goalkeepers as a object of mass don’t exist in the game engine, I think there are a few stats that go into the calculation of if they save or let the goal in and that’s it. We pretend this is a simulation and even go so far as to pretend sweeper keepers are in the game but they don’t exist either. The only time keepers come off there line to a ball is either a set piece or to dive on a overhit through ball that’s it. There is simply no sweeping or diving at the forwards feet so there can’t be penalty’s. 

23 minutes ago, Ronnieekelund said:

I'm yet to score a direct free kick!

Has anyone else scored one lol. Oh and I'm 3 seasons in,  just got promoted with Blackburn 

My goalkeeper just scored one for me.

dOMaXPX.gif

On 28/12/2020 at 13:10, trevjim said:

There are alot of things that simply don't happen for some reason.

Offside VAR decisions end with it being ruled out 100% of the time.

GK don't give pens or get sent off.

Players don't round GK.

On the subject of VAR decisions ending in ruled out goals.....

Im currently managing Valencia (in the good teams thread if interested) and i was playing Barcelona.

0-0 after 80 mins and playing fantastic.

All of a sudden Pique pops up at the back post and pops one on. But the VAR screen comes up.......im saved i thought and on my way onto a hard earned point....

The bloody goal was allowed!!!!! the first time i have ever, ever, ever seen that.

I was close to breaking the laptop!!

Went on to lose 1-0!

On 28/12/2020 at 13:10, trevjim said:

There are alot of things that simply don't happen for some reason.

Offside VAR decisions end with it being ruled out 100% of the time.

GK don't give pens or get sent off.

Players don't round GK.

I can debunk this one as I've both scored and conceded a few goals like this, it is quite rare though (6 seasons in)

the rest is all correct though

4 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Nah. @XaWhas been in on it for ages with me. :applause:

For what it's worth I have also never seen a GK concede a penalty. 
I have also never seen a GK get a red injury during a game, (unable to continue), since about FM14 I think, 

Think I may have to get my keeper on it in my save.  My outfield players are useless at free kicks.

1 minute ago, kevhamster said:

Think I may have to get my keeper on it in my save.  My outfield players are useless at free kicks.

I'm currently managing in the Faroe Islands and my GK is not taking free-kicks and penalties, but I have had a GK score hat-trick's (plural) in FM21 and also score 100+ career goals in my now defunct Gibraltar save. It's honestly a no-brainer for penalties. 

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

@Jimbokav1971 will have you for copyright infringement. :lol:

I've been part of it for a while! :D I even follow his Twitter for his great goalkeeper goals! :D

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Nah. @XaWhas been in on it for ages with me. :applause:

For what it's worth I have also never seen a GK concede a penalty. 
I have also never seen a GK get a red injury during a game, (unable to continue), since about FM14 I think, 

I'm trying to get some big numbers, but so far I've sold anyone who had a few goals, so I haven't posted in the thread yet. Going to have a 30-40 limit before I start showcasing anything!

On 29/12/2020 at 15:05, FMunderachiever said:

On the subject of VAR decisions ending in ruled out goals.....

Im currently managing Valencia (in the good teams thread if interested) and i was playing Barcelona.

0-0 after 80 mins and playing fantastic.

All of a sudden Pique pops up at the back post and pops one on. But the VAR screen comes up.......im saved i thought and on my way onto a hard earned point....

The bloody goal was allowed!!!!! the first time i have ever, ever, ever seen that.

I was close to breaking the laptop!!

Went on to lose 1-0!

was this actually for an offside?

or for a foul?

2 minutes ago, jere_d said:

I can barely believe it :lol:

It would be much better if more vars were onside. at least to keep in exciting.

the biggest giveaway is, if you score a legitimate goal, the goalscorer caption comes up immediately.

If there is a delay, your goal is being ruled out.

For a game that prides itself on its realism, the fact that goalkeepers still carry the ball over the line ALL the time still and you never (except once) see a VAR as onside is pretty depressingly bad.

1 hour ago, FMunderachiever said:

the biggest giveaway is, if you score a legitimate goal, the goalscorer caption comes up immediately.

If there is a delay, your goal is being ruled out.

For a game that prides itself on its realism, the fact that goalkeepers still carry the ball over the line ALL the time still and you never (except once) see a VAR as onside is pretty depressingly bad.

yeah ive noticed this they really need to fix this