Is there a way to disable to the recruitment meeting?

Specifically, I want to prevent the recruitment meeting from setting short-term scouting focuses. (I do my own scouting assignments, and I don't want the short-term focuses getting in the way of my other assignments).

I've tried skipping the meetings, clearing all of the suggested priorities, and clicking the prompt that says not to worry about the position, but no matter what I do, after a week, I'll notice all my scouting reports are for short-term focuses I don't want or need.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to disable the recruitment meeting altogether, because it just slows the game down for me, but if there is a way to prevent short-term focuses being started by it, that would be enough.

22 minutes ago, cris182 said:

Depends who you are managing, I have had some decent recommendations from them

Well it shouldn't depend on who you're managing, if that's the case. I just think it's a rushed feature not properly anchored in the backend that doesn't work as intended right now. I only get recommended players I've shortlisted myself and a load of 2,5 stars players. The regular scouting meetings occasionally brings you a 90 rated 19-year old newgen from say, Serbia, but never seen anyone like that in the recruitment meetings. Plus the search functions doesn't work either, you ask for recommendations between 3-4,5 stars and you get none.  You ask the analysts to look for players with the highest average rating or most goals or whatever - yet analyst recommendations don't show up - only in scouting meetings. 

To end on a high note however, my 20-year old wonderkid just hit a chipshot in the top corner from outside the box and ALL IS FORGIVEN!

1 hour ago, freddieos said:

Well it shouldn't depend on who you're managing, if that's the case. I just think it's a rushed feature not properly anchored in the backend that doesn't work as intended right now. I only get recommended players I've shortlisted myself and a load of 2,5 stars players. The regular scouting meetings occasionally brings you a 90 rated 19-year old newgen from say, Serbia, but never seen anyone like that in the recruitment meetings. Plus the search functions doesn't work either, you ask for recommendations between 3-4,5 stars and you get none.  You ask the analysts to look for players with the highest average rating or most goals or whatever - yet analyst recommendations don't show up - only in scouting meetings. 

To end on a high note however, my 20-year old wonderkid just hit a chipshot in the top corner from outside the box and ALL IS FORGIVEN!

Staff ratings do play a factor so yes, it does matter who you are managing.

Are you expecting to get a load of 4-5 star recommendations? You can filter for that but let's not make the game even easier by having staff automatically find 5 star players that's not even on your team’s radar...

2 hours ago, freddieos said:

Not that I use them, but lower rated staff tend to overestimate player ratings and not the other way around. So it can't be that.

Player star ratings are relative to players on your team.

So, is it he's not recommending players over 2.5 stars or is he only recommending players with poor attributes?

6 hours ago, freddieos said:

I'd like to meet the guy that's ever signed one of the recommendations.

The scout meetings turned up two absolute gems in my Deportivo save. They are first choice now we are in La Liga (and one was signed back in the 3rd division), and combined for around 35 goals and 20 assists in my last season. 

If you want to get good suggestions from the scouts, it also helps to tell them what you want to see. Give them minimum star ratings, give them positions, roles. Give them attributes you want to see, age ranges. Otherwise you are really just firing in the dark. 

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

I went along to the first meeting and was offered some help and then got inundated with lots of totally inappropriate recommendations, so have attended since then politely declined any further help from there,

How do you get the meetings not to send you any recommendations? Ending the meeting seems to result in a bunch of short-term scouting assignments getting set without my input.

2 hours ago, koikingu said:

How do you get the meetings not to send you any recommendations? Ending the meeting seems to result in a bunch of short-term scouting assignments getting set without my input.

I’ve not got the game open at the moment but if you attend the meeting there is a response which says something like “thanks for the offer of suggestions but I know where we need to improve ... just leave it to me.”

Edited by Hovis Dexter

57 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I’ve not got the game open at the moment but if you attend the meeting there is a response which says something like “thanks for the offer of suggestions but I know where we need to improve ... just leave it to me.”

Thanks for the help. I'll give it another try and see if that fixes it. I do think I did that before but it still got messed up, but that might just have been my mind playing tricks on me while playing FM at 2am. ;)

You can get pretty good tips in those meetings. I was recommended a mexican striker, I took one look at him and went all in. He played for me at Hertha Berlin and when I went to Juventus later on I bought him for 110 million euros. I Imagine I will bring him where ever I go in this save. 

I think the recruitment meeting is a great idea but the AI still have nothing on human transfers.

It's much like the DOF. I always let him approach players and might sign one every 2 seasons or so. The recruitment meeting is the same, it's a nice idea and occasionally you'll get a gem.

On 17/12/2020 at 11:03, freddieos said:

I'd like to meet the guy that's ever signed one of the recommendations.

I started in League 2 in Scotland with attribute masking on. Recommendations in my recruitment meetings make up about half of my signings.

5 hours ago, mattyw_1874 said:

I think the recruitment meeting is a great idea but the AI still have nothing on human transfers.

It's much like the DOF. I always let him approach players and might sign one every 2 seasons or so. The recruitment meeting is the same, it's a nice idea and occasionally you'll get a gem.

Exactly. Anyone who is used to going around the parameters in the game to sign players isn’t really going to like these options. I’m someone who uses the DOF, only get players my staff scouted and never manually scout from the player search let alone search for newgens.

2 minutes ago, CowShedBarmyArmy said:

It's annoying to get a recommendation of an unscouted player. What am I supposed to do with that? If you are attending that kind of meeting you would assume the player was already scouted.

That’s staff recommending players they have knowledge of from their “circle”, similar to the player looking at the player search screen. I usually offer a trail when that happens or just scout them.

On 19/12/2020 at 15:59, Mars_Blackmon said:

That’s staff recommending players they have knowledge of from their “circle”, similar to the player looking at the player search screen. I usually offer a trail when that happens or just scout them.

I don't understand how they know nothing about them if that's the case though. I can just imagine sitting in a meeting room and the following playing out:

DoF: Right, I think we should have a look at this player.

Me: Great, tell me a little about him.

DoF: Oh, I don't know anything about him. I think someone I know mentioned his name once, and they said he played in midfield

Me: Oh. So you've come into this recruitment meeting with myself and the chairman and you're suggesting we took a look at this guy based on nothing more than their name and their position?

DoF; Yeah.

Me: Nice one, anyone else?

DoF: My dog walker's cousin saw some fellas playing down the local Rec, and overheard one of them mention someone by the name of Dave Smith who plays for their amateur league team up front - maybe we could have a look at him too?

Scouting in general for me is a shambles. My scouts rarely find anyone when I put in the parameters. CA star rating 2.5, PA 3.5 stars. You know how many players in the world with this parameters are there interested in signing for Lazio, the champions of Italy? Zero. So there's that.

When I first heard about this I thought "this is an excellent feature". Went through the first one. Its a useless feature the way it currently sits. Getting recommended players worth way more than you have as a transfer budget is completely pointless.

When you see what players it puts forward you have to wonder what SI were thinking during the process of putting it into the game!

Its now another in a long line of features that I just skip as its a waste of my time, sadly. 

3 hours ago, joshpmilton said:

I don't understand how they know nothing about them if that's the case though. I can just imagine sitting in a meeting room and the following playing out:

Scouting is getting an accurate opinion. I’m sure we all can recommend a player from a team that we know about but that doesn’t mean we have very accurate information.

His stats and accomplishments are available to see

2 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

When I first heard about this I thought "this is an excellent feature". Went through the first one. Its a useless feature the way it currently sits. Getting recommended players worth way more than you have as a transfer budget is completely pointless.

When you see what players it puts forward you have to wonder what SI were thinking during the process of putting it into the game!

Its now another in a long line of features that I just skip as its a waste of my time, sadly. 

You can tell the what to look for specifically.

2 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Scouting is getting an accurate opinion. I’m sure we all can recommend a player from a team that we know about but that doesn’t mean we have very accurate information.

Agreed, it shouldn't be the pre-cursor to getting any information when the staff member is coming to you with the recommendation. If I was trawling through random reserve teams in a different nation and decided I wanted their opinion I'd understand if they had nothing more than a name and a position.

I'd also assume that if you recommended a player to someone you'd also have some very basic follow up information if someone asked you why. I'm not saying it needs to be accurate, but a page where they have a name, position then a series of empty boxes and all the attributes blank gives you absolutely nothing to go on at all. If you're a small club you then being told to use your one scout on a player you have zero information on is pointless.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

You can tell the what to look for specifically.

You can but my scouting team shouldnt be recommending players worth 20m when I have 4/5 million in the bank that simply shouldnt happen. If they come with recommendations (I have my scouting team deal with who they scout) they should be players that I can realistically bring in. 

The only time a player like that should be recommended is if they are coming to the end of their contract and there's a possibility of a Bosman. 

It doesnt work as intended and I hope that its getting looked at although being given completely unrealistic targets by the scouting team has been a problem for years and I dont expect it to change any time soon.

2 hours ago, joshpmilton said:

Agreed, it shouldn't be the pre-cursor to getting any information when the staff member is coming to you with the recommendation. If I was trawling through random reserve teams in a different nation and decided I wanted their opinion I'd understand if they had nothing more than a name and a position.

I'd also assume that if you recommended a player to someone you'd also have some very basic follow up information if someone asked you why. I'm not saying it needs to be accurate, but a page where they have a name, position then a series of empty boxes and all the attributes blank gives you absolutely nothing to go on at all. If you're a small club you then being told to use your one scout on a player you have zero information on is pointless.

That’s what trials are for though.

the person recommending someone could just be a player he was familiar with and probably haven’t  done any extensive scouting since maybe the previous season. And now data is outdated. That’s just a real world example. FM fog of war doesn’t work like that (scouting knowledge being outdated) but it’s also rarely does these players show up as 0% scouted.