The Official FM 09 Regen Thread!

125hmkp.jpg

Potential to be best player of hi generation according to my coaches and i got him for nothing :D

I'd be genuinely interested to hear how this guy gets on if he makes it into your first team beacuse with those mental attributes he could drive you mad.

If those Anticipation, Concentration, Decisions, Off the Ball, Positioning and Teamwork ratings don't improve he'll be wasteful as hell in front of goal :)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grrr. I quit trying to improve quality! I think you get the picture with the guy...

Yeah, too bad for dribbling. But I also seem to be finding full back regens in general have low dribbling.

yea dude your right it is generally rare to find a full back with good dribbling and also with the required mental stats... I never get why this is?? It's really annoying as well because thats the one thing i allways look for in a right back. I like to play full backs who run with ball and play through ball also like them to be more attacking with a bit of creative freedom not to much though.

on a side note woop woop i did it quoted baby;)

I´ll repeat my rant in this thread:

November 2009 in the game, and all major nation U21-teams have several 16-17 year old newgen/regens. Completley unrealistic, and a huge disappointment for me.

(http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74651)

Am I really the only one who thinks it is insane that the game picks 16 year old regens over real life talents for the english U21-team in november 2009 in the game? If there really will be five 16-17 years old totally unknown players on the team one year from now I will be back in this thread with an apology, but frankly, I can´t see it happen.

• Administrators

I've commented in the other thread, but I don't think it's too unrealistic. Bale made his Wales full debt at 16, Ramsey at 17, Bojan and Cesc both played for Spain U21's at 17, Rooney and Walcott for England at 17, Balotelli at 18 for Italy (even with having to wait for his citizenship) etc

Players can do it, it's not beyond the realms of possibility for players who are that good to break through.

Am I really the only one who thinks it is insane that the game picks 16 year old regens over real life talents for the english U21-team in november 2009 in the game? If there really will be five 16-17 years old totally unknown players on the team one year from now I will be back in this thread with an apology, but frankly, I can´t see it happen.

yea I know dude it's the same with almost all of U-21 teams really annoying especially when more reconised and more talented players are in U-19s

hopefully they will fix it... although I am glad that they have fixed the U-21 thing where if your 21 or less at a certain time you are eligable for the tourny in 2 years

I don't really have a set method, just send your scouts out, if your using a large database then theres hundreds of them, going through each youth player individually can take ages.

Sending scouts out with the condition of looking for players 18 or under works well, other than that you might just stumble across them.

Or, if you've got good youth facilities, they'll come through each season.

Great it appears that based on this thread that the new regen "bug" is that none of them can use 2 feet. Awesome!

And it´s exactly because of that their stats is way too high;)...they don´t have to be two-footed, but if they could use their other foot the stats would be "normal".

Hope it gets fixed :)

Hi guys,

I have a question.

One of my regens at Ajax (Marc Maas) has very good stats for a striker.

But unfortunatly, his physical stats are pretty bad.

He's injured alot, maybe it has something to do with the physical stats (or the hidden prone stat)

But how can I make his physical better?

Hi guys,

I have a question.

One of my regens at Ajax (Marc Maas) has very good stats for a striker.

But unfortunatly, his physical stats are pretty bad.

He's injured alot, maybe it has something to do with the physical stats (or the hidden prone stat)

But how can I make his physical better?

Train him more on stamina and aerobic.

Hm. So are they too good? Maybe. But everyone has the same regens, same as in 08. The problem was that in 08, they were bad and the human manager inevitably found the good ones, giving you an advantage once it was all regens.

If they're all good - even if they're too good - then this problem doesn't happen. That was a playability issue and it is better now. Still not ideal, but this side of the "perfect" is much better than the other.

Here are the best on my team:

Signed for £15m from Boro. I though it was funny when I declared an interest and it said "[My name] wants Kiss"

264nc5f.jpg

33xvj7l.jpg

And one for those that say all regens are one footed. He is strong with his left foot:

2vl2ro0.jpg

Aluisio and Zarif have both some way to go before they reach their potential.

For once i think SI nailed the quality of regens, first time ever! ;)

Seems to be a small problem with the feets this version though.

1. Last year, the patches were able to change the stats for already started games. I remember they dropped radically between patch 1 & 2. Is that possible when this small error will be fixed in next patch or should i wait even longer to start a serious save?

2. Will regens also be affected?

Archived