The Official FM 09 Regen Thread!

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

michaelwoods.jpg

This lad cost me £7.5m from Sunderland which i thought was an absolute steal

paolodierna.jpg

Erm yeah..i got ripped off with Paolo but oh well the board gave me a huge transfer budget.

simonecaputo.jpg

And Caputo is just pure class. I would have paid more than £40m but i got him for £15m

• 2 weeks later...

Pft, looking at some of those kids makes me wonder. I mean, a 19 year old russian with 20 on crossing, dribbling, FKs, technique, penalties, passing AND tackling? WTF?

Even if he would have 20 on both dribbling and technique it would be odd, but to have such stats on such different skills? I think no real player in the world is both extremely good dribbling with the ball as well as tackling AND hitting it (passing and FKs). Certainly not at that age.

And to top it off that guy has near perfect mental stats and pretty good physique. I seriously hope his stats are edited.

Same goes for that Paolo Dierna and Simone Caputo (what kind of a name is that for an English regen btw?): they're just as good as Leo Messi, but that Dierna is stronger than even Drogba and faster than any player in the game? Right...

Pft, looking at some of those kids makes me wonder. I mean, a 19 year old russian with 20 on crossing, dribbling, FKs, technique, penalties, passing AND tackling? WTF?

Even if he would have 20 on both dribbling and technique it would be odd, but to have such stats on such different skills? I think no real player in the world is both extremely good dribbling with the ball as well as tackling AND hitting it (passing and FKs). Certainly not at that age.

And to top it off that guy has near perfect mental stats and pretty good physique. I seriously hope his stats are edited.

Its not edited. His career stats

statskk9.jpg

If you can't tell the sarcasm of that post, you failed. It's a reaction to how ridiculously overvalued some regens are, like that italian guy Dierna posted above.

Btw: what do his carreer stats have anything to do with not editing?

Same goes for that Paolo Dierna and Simone Caputo (what kind of a name is that for an English regen btw?): they're just as good as Leo Messi, but that Dierna is stronger than even Drogba and faster than any player in the game? Right...

That's the reason. If those players I talked about are not edited so that they're better than any football player in the game, then some regens are far too good.

I think you may want to scroll back up and see what I actually put. The truth is, you tried to be funny, and you wasn't.

Keep it up, you might actually convince yourself you are funny in the end.

This guy is keeping Ronaldo out of my Man City side. Signed for a bargain £8.75m from Valencia when he was 19, he's now an Argentina regular, him and Messi play on the right and left for both club and country ;-) It's a bit confusing at times though as I also have Carlos Vela in my team lol.

vegady4.th.jpg

These kids are incredible! Seriously Messi, Ronaldo, Torres are not even fit to lace these guys boots. I mean that guy Dierna is only 19 and with those attributes he can play anywhere apart from in goal!

I thought the Zeus joke was pretty funny, because some of the regens the game is cranking out are not far off! Sort it out SI.

• 2 weeks later...

how do u edit a regen? un official in game editor?

i just want a good black striker who is swedish, danish, italian, greek or whatever.

the closest i got to get a young regen who matched that criteria was a portuguese guy called joao, who was also mauritian and started his career in brazil, lol, thats crazy

I'm paying just under £11m for this chappie. One of the best i've ever seen. He'll go straight into my Inter squad (joining in Jan transfer window). Also just gave him his first cap for England:

98656844jv7.png

w1088.png

He looks like he may struggle in midfield with such poor marking, jumping and heading.

He looks like he may struggle in midfield with such poor marking, jumping and heading.

Personally 9 is fine for marking for a midfielder, unless they're going to be the MCd of course. I don't value jumping and heading for midfielders at all. I think his attributes for dribbling and finishing could be more concerning.

Still a top young player though!

I get generated 16-years-old youths that come with abilities that match the likes of C.Ronaldo or Ashley Cole.

THIS IS SO STUPID.

After two or three seasons, I find these 18 years olds playing in Man-U putting the likes of O.Hargreaves and P.Evra.

YOU'VE GOT TO FIX THIS, MAN. YOU ARE MAKING THE GAME LOOK SO UNREALISTIC.

This may sound like a stupid question...

But where do u find all these regens? :S i can only seen to find crap ones and it is so annoying when u are trying to buy and improve your team

There's no way to 'find regens'. They're exactly the same as the real players are, so do the same thing you'd usually do to find normal players.

This may sound like a stupid question...

But where do u find all these regens? :S i can only seen to find crap ones and it is so annoying when u are trying to buy and improve your team

What I tend to do is go onto the search and set the maximum age to 18 or 21 then look at a key attribute, for example a CB i would put marking, anticipation to at least 15 then have a look at all the players, scout the better looking ones then take it from there. Everyone is different though and there seems to be no one way which guarentees finding great players all the time.

I'm going to post two of my regens, they're simply amazing.

This first one was generated in my team (Arsenal), 19 years old and already players for the English National Team, great future ahead of him.

24matthewmorleypo3.th.png

Now this Brazilian guy has brilliant attributes and bought him for free.

28venturiniwy0.th.png

Archived