whats your biggest gripe about fm09?

- I'm finding it extremely difficult to score, 14 goals in 18 league matches so far :(

- I have more shots hit the woodwork than actually go in.

- A fair few of my goals are improbable long kicks from the GK that bypasses everyone and perfectly sets up my strikers

- Nobody wants to loan my players because they've recently joined the club

People moaning about the game

Highly original, oh wait there is ten posts like this…………

It’s a gripe thread and it is good to gauge what proper fans feel for the game, thankfully most that feel like the above have the brain to read and move on……….

As for the above post. 14 goals in 18 league matches I'd be happy with, unless your glory hunting chelsea.............

It would appear that a lot of people on these forums (myself included) are of the opinion that FM 07 was the best version. Perhaps SI would be wise to look at that ME and look to applying 3D to that, however they need to tighten up the programming and coding to ensure it works on most graphics cards and dosen't need massive specs to run what is a very basic 3D

the 3d match engine is ok i think yes needs a tweak here and there like less goals from keepers goal kicks etc and mayb afew more animations but on a whole i think its good and this is coming from someone who hated it on demo.if you watch it at a slowish speed its alot better,also transers are better but still not completly right i say that because ive just seen dario srna get sold to man city for 25m:eek: then see benzema go to villareall for 6.5:eek: noway lol's

I guess it’s that some understand its not the best in there view as some have a history with the game, obviously some have been on here for years and have played through CM to FM09 saying it’s the best yet might be true for you if you only started playing 08……….07 was a good game and played a very enjoyable Spanish Clan game……… the only truly dreadful game in my view was CM04 and anyone who understood the game and played CM03 would understand that………

Some issues I found:

1. three of my own players going for the same ball and being robbed by the one striker.

2. wingers moving into the centre too often.

3. I really don't like the new ratings. I may be showing my age but sometimes I look and see 6.9, I get it confused with the 72 (condition) next to it. Then again I do find these new 5p's really fiddly.

4. Player fitness is a real bind. Half my team are on 70% condition after 60 minutes.

5. They've done nothing to the transfer system. you bid 3 million, they ask for 7. You offer 5 + 2 after 50 games, they ask for something like 15 million! Then there are the players you enquire about. the club gives you a figure, so you offer it and they refuse. Sorry, that's just idiotic. If you're not going to entertain ideas of delling, say he isn't for sale fullstop, but don't mess me about.

6. Non - EU players with no caps for U21 or full international able to move but players who have been injured and missed 5 caps can't move to the UK (Appiah, anyone!)

7. If I want to play on 2D, I still need to wait forever for the 3D to load up.

They made a big noise about this version. 3D was coming, making this game the best ever. I feel they've taken their eye off the ball. 3D isn't an end in itself and should be an enhancement to the game, not at the expense of other, more important features. I quite like the 3D but it seems that they've diverted precious resources away from sorting out the annoyances of the past to tarting the game up a bit. I've always loved FM, and I'm not going to spit my dummy out and walk away from SI. . However, I'd like to think that they're realising that substance is more important than style when it comes to this game. I just hope another patch is on its way.

• 3 weeks later...
FM07 was perfect. Since then, SI have turned into a money making machine:(

What country can make people rich beyond their wildest dreams? America. This game is aimed far too much towards the American audience. Very, very poor show SI.

...:@@:...

Some issues I found:

Then there are the players you enquire about. the club gives you a figure, so you offer it and they refuse. Sorry, that's just idiotic. If you're not going to entertain ideas of delling, say he isn't for sale fullstop, but don't mess me about.

That (and the goal scoring thingy for 09) has been ****ing me off since the last version!

The press conferences (which my Ass-Man now conducts) I can't believe how repetitive,generic and down right boring they are after such a short space of time.I more or less love the game except for this ridiculously turgid feature.

Well if SI stop closing threads people moan in, then people would reply in them, instead of starting new ones.

It's only the ones that are obvious duplicates or have nothing useful in them at all that are getting locked. Nobody minds a constructive discussion about the things people aren't happy with.

• 1 month later...

Yearly releases of the game ... I would prefer a longer period of time between each FM game (ie 2-3 yrs) .... perhaps the game could benifit from a longer development period, and the changes would be more pronounced and bugs ironed out . Unrealistic in this commercial day and age though.

Press Conferences ... (now always handled by my Ass Man) .... repetitive.

In game advertising ...... I feel I am being mugged off, I do not play games to get advertised to. If I wanted to be advertised to then I'd read a Yellow Pages.

And that "Not Responding" pausey screen, ... doesn't last too long, but just long enough to loose my train of thought, and often enough to make me keep wondering why?

Small gripes .... nothing that cannot be sorted out. Still addicted.

My biggest gripe is the fact that I simply can't get into the game any more. I don't know if it's just me that's moved on or if it's the fact that the game now feels more like an unrewarding job than a game, but for whatever reason I simply cannot get into FM09.

I echo the sentiments of many in this thread who feel that the fun has gone out of the game in favour of ensuring realisitic results.

Centre backs not closing down, even though they have been told to do so. The opposition striker is playing on the last man, but my ******** defenders are standing 5 meters away from them. A simple trough ball is all thats needed for them to be 1 on 1 with my keeper.

As for game performance, I have no gripes it plays very well on my PC.

Archived