FM Touch 2020 New Features

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've removed a number of posts, including my own, as the topic is just being derailed from it's original point. 

Please keep it on topic regarding new features in FMT, which you can see in the pre-release beta.

Thanks.

You mean you have removed every post that has questioned SI motives into the lack of an editor, pretty much anything with the word editor has gone by the looks of it...  "but look we listen to feedback".

If I was to start a thread on an editor how long before that is close or removed...  10 mins?

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, edhdurham said:

You mean you have removed every post that has questioned SI motives into the lack of an editor, pretty much anything with the word editor has gone by the looks of it...  "but look we listen to feedback".

If I was to start a thread on an editor how long before that is close or removed...  10 mins?

Whilst we appreciate the passion and opinion of users in regards to Football Manager Touch, this thread is to discuss the current features announced for Football Manager Touch 2020. 

The editor has been discussed in the past - with the current vision for how Touch works there are no plans to add an editor for it. It's designed to be quicker, simpler version of Football Manager and at this time there are no plans to add this functionality in. 

Considering this game is not just on PC/Mac, but also across Tablet and Switch there are considerations that need to be made for all three versions to keep them aligned. We appreciate that there is frustration with this, which was made clear via this thread and will be fed back to the creative director and those that work on Touch.

If people could please keep this thread on topic moving forward. If you wish to discuss an editor for Touch the place to raise it is within the Feature Request forums (which will be swept before the end of the year), but do bear in mind it is something we've discussed numerous times internally and this is the approach we currently want to take.

Thanks. 

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, LewisC1996 said:

Will squad rules be added in this season such as for the Premier League and Champions League ? 

There isn't squad registration but there are some match squad rules in some leagues.

I haven't try this year iteration, because I only play the android version, but with the new features announced I've got pretty excited. 

FMT20, regarding the features is getting almost perfect for my personal taste. 

Last year with the mentoring feature being included in FMT19 made the game great, but with the implementation of both club vision and the development center (something that I thought would be exclusive to the full fat version) I can't wait to play the game. 

Like I said, to my taste and to what I thought should be the "perfect" FMT for tablet, only one thing will be still be missing: the ability to have more countries and leagues loaded. 5 countries... With at least 2 leagues per country. 3 countries is a bit limited if you plan to make a long save. 

But apart from that... It's coming pretty close to perfection. Can't wait to play it. 

Edited by Keyzer Soze

23 hours ago, grade said:

Nope, those editors are third party ones.

We want an official one, where, not only can edit players and clubs, but also create and edit leagues. We want an editor that does what the actual editor does for the full FM.

Of course they are third party ones. I'm sure you've realised there isn't an official one by now.

The original post wasn't asking for a like for like editor, it was asking for an editor. There are editors available for FM Touch.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, LewisC1996 said:

What about the 25 man squad cap in competitions ? 

As I said. There's no squad registration. So no caps.

On 16/11/2019 at 09:04, grade said:

Futher discussion of the editor is here.

Thanks for the link and I am sure that SI have listened to the feedback.  Neil Brock's post on this page is pretty specific though and I cant see any point in further discussion when it is clearly not going to happen in the near future

27 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Thanks for the link and I am sure that SI have listened to the feedback.  Neil Brock's post on this page is pretty specific though and I cant see any point in further discussion when it is clearly not going to happen in the near future

Maybe it won't change its mind of FMT touch developing team or someone who made the choice. But then again it can change its mind. You never know what the future might bring. ;)

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, grade said:

Maybe it won't change its mind of FMT touch developing team or someone who made the choice. But then again it can change its mind. You never know what the future might bring. ;)

It can and that's what the feature request forum is for. We do draw a line at some ideas where they are unlikely to ever fit for FM in any way for us currently (ie Chairman mode)

But the discussions around the Editor has provided fruitful ideas and features over the years, including Design a Son and Create a Club. Proof that we do listen.

Thats where the feature request forum for these ideas are really the best place for it rather than getting bogged down in discussing why it is not in this year's version. Thanks.

On 15/11/2019 at 17:15, Neil Brock said:

Whilst we appreciate the passion and opinion of users in regards to Football Manager Touch, this thread is to discuss the current features announced for Football Manager Touch 2020. 

The editor has been discussed in the past - with the current vision for how Touch works there are no plans to add an editor for it. It's designed to be quicker, simpler version of Football Manager and at this time there are no plans to add this functionality in. 

Considering this game is not just on PC/Mac, but also across Tablet and Switch there are considerations that need to be made for all three versions to keep them aligned. We appreciate that there is frustration with this, which was made clear via this thread and will be fed back to the creative director and those that work on Touch.

If people could please keep this thread on topic moving forward. If you wish to discuss an editor for Touch the place to raise it is within the Feature Request forums (which will be swept before the end of the year), but do bear in mind it is something we've discussed numerous times internally and this is the approach we currently want to take.

Thanks. 

I appreciate FMT is designed to be faster hence the reason of no in-game editor but how about the ability to use the stand alone editor to change different things within a team and so-forth as there different transfers, loans and other things that happen after you lock the database down. All people want is the game to be as lifelike as possible and that means editing different things when they happen within the football real world.

Thank you again for this cracking game.

3 hours ago, bezzy1970 said:

I appreciate FMT is designed to be faster hence the reason of no in-game editor but how about the ability to use the stand alone editor to change different things within a team and so-forth as there different transfers, loans and other things that happen after you lock the database down. All people want is the game to be as lifelike as possible and that means editing different things when they happen within the football real world.

Thank you again for this cracking game.

Bezzy, put on my thread (link above) or create a thread on feature request sub-forum. :) The more the merrier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2019 at 00:30, Lucas said:

It can and that's what the feature request forum is for. We do draw a line at some ideas where they are unlikely to ever fit for FM in any way for us currently (ie Chairman mode)

But the discussions around the Editor has provided fruitful ideas and features over the years, including Design a Son and Create a Club. Proof that we do listen.

Thats where the feature request forum for these ideas are really the best place for it rather than getting bogged down in discussing why it is not in this year's version. Thanks.

With respect, we aren't actually asking for gimmicky stuff like 'Design a Son' or 'Create a Club'. We just want a pre-game editor to keep the game up to date. (Or, as is the case every bloody year when I actually bought FM, fix "N. Ireland" and "Holland" to Northern Ireland and Netherlands. Those cannot be licensing issues.)

• 7 months later...
On 03/08/2020 at 02:52, Lashley said:

Still dont get why touchline shouts arent in Touch

I think they are there under the hood or at least it seems the AI can use them. I've seen commentary lines saying the AI manager is urging his team to get forward or demanding more passion.