Jump to content

FM Touch 2020 New Features


Recommended Posts

I have been playing this games since the old champ manager days back in 92/93 season and it’s only the last 2 years I’ve switched to FMT, as having my tablet to hand is so much easier than powering up my laptop when out and about.

 

I find that FMT has most of the best features of the game, but one feature the full version has that I would like to see in FMT is the hierarchy dynamics & social groups. I believe this really help when choosing captains, vice and even team selections.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, unfortunately with respect to FMT, information about it is very scarce. 

I think, they focus the information on FMT later, when the tablet and now Switch versions are released.

I had moved away from FMT a bit last year for two reasons: 1) I wanted to really see all the features, and 2) because of the lack of information, I did not even really check out FMT (I played it for 2 hours just to see how it looks) and given my limited time, I put the hours I had into the real FM last year. Previous years I loved the version because of it quick flow.

If I can give some feedback on this, since FMT is coming out at the same time as the full FM for PC, a couple of screen shots or info of what of the features revealed for the full FM will carry over, would be great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, tyro said:

Yes, unfortunately with respect to FMT, information about it is very scarce. 

I think, they focus the information on FMT later, when the tablet and now Switch versions are released.

I had moved away from FMT a bit last year for two reasons: 1) I wanted to really see all the features, and 2) because of the lack of information, I did not even really check out FMT (I played it for 2 hours just to see how it looks) and given my limited time, I put the hours I had into the real FM last year. Previous years I loved the version because of it quick flow.

If I can give some feedback on this, since FMT is coming out at the same time as the full FM for PC, a couple of screen shots or info of what of the features revealed for the full FM will carry over, would be great.

Similar boat to you. Started off playing mostly FMT last year but sometimes I just didn't feel in control, squad harmony kept dipping to low levels even though I was doing well and the interaction system is extremely barebones. It's either a promise or unhappy player and you don't have a chance to backtrack/double down as you do in the full fat version of the game. Plus, I sometimes miss the cathartic feeling of letting rip on the players at half time/full time after a dreadful performance.

Spent time with full fat and I enjoyed the more detailed interactions and immersive game world. The game does take ages and ages to process though and that has left me craving for FMT. Hopefully a more polished ME and better immersion will hook me on to this year's FMT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't take much effort to post a few snippets. There's clearly a demand for it. 

Maybe their thinking is that if they only offer details of the 'main' - and far more expensive - version, then FM customers will be more likely to commit to buying that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it’s a tricky situation if your are really in marketing situation. I think Touch marketing is perhaps majority have had a go at Mobile and make the move to touch. 
 

I’ll wait till release but I very much doubt there is any significant changes in the main set up of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I went through the Preferences for FMT20 it has the "Display editor" option which you normally only get in full FM, does that mean we are getting an editor this year, or is it just a setting they have left in by mistake...  defo cannot remember it being in the Preferences in previous versions!

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, edhdurham said:

When I went through the Preferences for FMT20 it has the "Display editor" option which you normally only get in full FM, does that mean we are getting an editor this year, or is it just a setting they have left in by mistake...  defo cannot remember it being in the Preferences in previous versions!

Think we're finally getting one this year

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a sneaky suspicion that a) they're expecting people to play the full version of the game on their devices through Google Stadia or get FMM which they did a lot to last year, b) the plan for a "stripped down" Football Manager will be to turn features off in the full game, or indeed delegate tasks to other staff members. The reason for this being that the 2 reasons people play FMT are because they don't have time to play the full game, and if they want to play it on a mobile device. Both of these issues they might well feel they've tackled in the ways I've mentioned. I don't know what everyone else thinks? I don't agree with this decision as I find playing full FM takes me hours to even get into preseason and I don't have the time now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe they don't advertise FM Touch pre release because consumers can't 'pre-order' FM Touch, meaning releasing such features pre sale doesn't benefit them.

I think they'd rather make a big splash when it's actually available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been onboard FM since the original game in 1984 with obvious stops in between. The game as moved on from a joke graphics to a very advanced and detailed version of football manager. I love it. Since we all have such a limited time, the joy of being able to get back on the FM through FMT is brilliant. The desktop version of FM20 was quite detailed and enjoy to play but no time to do that today.  Hello FMT. 

My main problem with FMT is how we cant control the man to man management part of the game when needed. You want to have a word with your disgruntled striker who isnt enjoying his football, or you want a team meeting because you have not been playing as you expected. It is a make or break for your team and SI decided to leave that out from the desktop version. I dont think it will be added in the 21 version but hey ho. I justwant the Fmt21 to become more than just a tiny change like it has been for thr past few years. We cant be paying 20 plus for a lick of paint here and there. We need to see some changes that make sense to the game. 

Edited by fridge73
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the FM changes released none of them really fit into the ethos of FMT, a streamlined version of the game for people who do not have time to play the full game, which is what was stated when it first appeared.  I pre-ordered before knowing the changes, so no tactic changes, no player role changes, no real staff changes, only a slight tweak in contracts when signing players...  the rest for me does not fit into the ethos, it for the full game.  I wonder if they are thinking of removing the PC version of FMT as FM is now more customisible than ever anyway, then just having FMT for Android / iOS / Google / Nintendo!  

 

So basically at this point I have paid for a database update, I was hoping for an editor and I did post about the option showing in the settings, but I am starting to wonder if that is just the beta skin and it will not be applicable on the full game.  I have played FMT from the first version as it reminds me of Champ Manager and its how I want to play the game, I dont care about talking to the players, media etc, but if this is all we get for our money I wont be buying another version until at least a pre-game editor is available or I can custom full FM to work in the same way as FMT (which isnt far off anyway).

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, edhdurham said:

Looking at the FM changes released none of them really fit into the ethos of FMT, a streamlined version of the game for people who do not have time to play the full game, which is what was stated when it first appeared.  I pre-ordered before knowing the changes, so no tactic changes, no player role changes, no real staff changes, only a slight tweak in contracts when signing players...  the rest for me does not fit into the ethos, it for the full game.  I wonder if they are thinking of removing the PC version of FMT as FM is now more customisible than ever anyway, then just having FMT for Android / iOS / Google / Nintendo!  

 

So basically at this point I have paid for a database update, I was hoping for an editor and I did post about the option showing in the settings, but I am starting to wonder if that is just the beta skin and it will not be applicable on the full game.  I have played FMT from the first version as it reminds me of Champ Manager and its how I want to play the game, I dont care about talking to the players, media etc, but if this is all we get for our money I wont be buying another version until at least a pre-game editor is available or I can custom full FM to work in the same way as FMT (which isnt far off anyway).

Any news of the editor or an editor for FMT, will be revealed not before Nov. 19th. That is the reality of the editor, it is not huge selling point.

Any new features to the editor will be done without fanfare. if it is like last few years, it will be posted here in the forums, by one of the moderators. I consider lucky to at least one of the moderators has the sympathy in sharing that information with us.

Also FMT, has been in recent years, being completely ignored as a selling point to the new version. SI believes so, as they don't bother to share new features for it, if it was they would announce much more then Football Manager 2020 coming Nov. 19th.

But the thing is, the full FM, is still to bloated and too time consuming for my tastes. That is why I feel an editor is must for FMT to bring more life to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, edhdurham said:

Looking at the FM changes released none of them really fit into the ethos of FMT, a streamlined version of the game for people who do not have time to play the full game, which is what was stated when it first appeared.  I pre-ordered before knowing the changes, so no tactic changes, no player role changes, no real staff changes, only a slight tweak in contracts when signing players...  the rest for me does not fit into the ethos, it for the full game.  I wonder if they are thinking of removing the PC version of FMT as FM is now more customisible than ever anyway, then just having FMT for Android / iOS / Google / Nintendo!  

 

So basically at this point I have paid for a database update, I was hoping for an editor and I did post about the option showing in the settings, but I am starting to wonder if that is just the beta skin and it will not be applicable on the full game.  I have played FMT from the first version as it reminds me of Champ Manager and its how I want to play the game, I dont care about talking to the players, media etc, but if this is all we get for our money I wont be buying another version until at least a pre-game editor is available or I can custom full FM to work in the same way as FMT (which isnt far off anyway).

Respectfully disagree. I've personally felt that FMT in the last few years lacks a little bit of immersion, i.e., it becomes a case of just clicking continue and being walled off from the rest of the game world. Last year was probably the one year I maybe played the full fat version of the game just to get that immersive feel since the introduction of classic mode. It's probably down to personal preference too. 

The lack of squad registration rules, FFP, player morale etc. make squad building pretty easy and not challenging at all. Introducing these club culture objectives at least makes a difference from club to club (even though I think they're a little too stripped back when compared to the full game) without bloating FMT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Respectfully disagree. I've personally felt that FMT in the last few years lacks a little bit of immersion, i.e., it becomes a case of just clicking continue and being walled off from the rest of the game world. Last year was probably the one year I maybe played the full fat version of the game just to get that immersive feel since the introduction of classic mode. It's probably down to personal preference too. 

The lack of squad registration rules, FFP, player morale etc. make squad building pretty easy and not challenging at all. Introducing these club culture objectives at least makes a difference from club to club (even though I think they're a little too stripped back when compared to the full game) without bloating FMT.

I agree with that, I did find myself clicking next, next, next quite often, but for me giving us more player roles, more tactical settings or staff elements would improve that, not club vision etc.  It depends on your view of FMT really, from what they originally said it was for people with less time to play the full version, so sticking to the core attributes of the game that made Champ Man / FM in the first place, so that for me is transfers, tactics and building a squad / youth team etc.  its not speaking to players / media, setting visions of how to play or building stadiums etc. they are peripheral elements which belong to FM, if we start adding those into the game whats the difference between the versions....  yes it did get a bit boring, but it would not improve my experience by talking to a play who is unhappy, I would rather have a differing role or tactical change available to turn around a potential defeat or close up shop against the bigger teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, grade said:

But the thing is, the full FM, is still to bloated and too time consuming for my tastes. That is why I feel an editor is must for FMT to bring more life to it.

100% for me, FMT with an editor (even just a pre-game) makes the game perfect, without I have to choose to play a poorer version of the game, or play FM which means having an editor and all of the bloatware type aspects that go with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, edhdurham said:

I agree with that, I did find myself clicking next, next, next quite often, but for me giving us more player roles, more tactical settings or staff elements would improve that, not club vision etc.  It depends on your view of FMT really, from what they originally said it was for people with less time to play the full version, so sticking to the core attributes of the game that made Champ Man / FM in the first place, so that for me is transfers, tactics and building a squad / youth team etc.  its not speaking to players / media, setting visions of how to play or building stadiums etc. they are peripheral elements which belong to FM, if we start adding those into the game whats the difference between the versions....  yes it did get a bit boring, but it would not improve my experience by talking to a play who is unhappy, I would rather have a differing role or tactical change available to turn around a potential defeat or close up shop against the bigger teams.

Fair enough mate. Just wondering, what do you mean by additional tactical roles and settings? It's pretty much the same as the main game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Fair enough mate. Just wondering, what do you mean by additional tactical roles and settings? It's pretty much the same as the main game.

I just meant that the new features in full FM aren’t really applicable to FMT, so instead of stuff like the club vision I would have preferred they had created new tactic features, because they haven’t there is so far nothing really improved for FMT...  but I guess we have to wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There has got to be a way to make everyone happy. I accept thay they wanted to streamline the game and make the experience quicker than the original, fully packed, desktop version. Why not have an option at the beginning whether you can have a 100% hands on experience or just “click through” version (which we already have with the mobile version). There are many out there who want to play with more control on their tablets as it is more accessible than a PC and get a game in when it fits their busy real life schedule. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to address one thing I see pop up frequently here. People want more options to manage squad morale (i.e. some of the bloat from the full game) because you can't talk to your unhappy striker etc., but you really don't need to do anything and you can freely ignore player morale. I've never seen a difference in performance from unhappy players. Yes, you see a scary red downward arrow and he might show as "playing nervously" during a match, but his long-term performance is never seriously hampered.

I've been playing Classic/Touch version for a few years now and I honestly, literally ignore squad morale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
6 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

I'd like to address one thing I see pop up frequently here. People want more options to manage squad morale (i.e. some of the bloat from the full game) because you can't talk to your unhappy striker etc., but you really don't need to do anything and you can freely ignore player morale. I've never seen a difference in performance from unhappy players. Yes, you see a scary red downward arrow and he might show as "playing nervously" during a match, but his long-term performance is never seriously hampered.

 

The Touch player happinesses and concerns are all designed in such a way that you can deal with them without needing to "talk" to them, whether that is just giving them more playing time for instance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The Touch player happinesses and concerns are all designed in such a way that you can deal with them without needing to "talk" to them, whether that is just giving them more playing time for instance.

Exactly... no need to bring any extra "conversation" or morale management to touch, it goes against the FMT philosophy as well to extend this area of the game 

Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Alistair Skewes said:

Hi all,

You can view FMT's headline features by reading through the following thread here:

All of the above will be on FMT PC, Switch and Tablet platforms.

Enjoy!

So looking at this unless I missed it there is no editor again for FMT, so we are really just paying for a database update with minor tweaks, nothing major in tactics, nothing major in player roles, nothing major with staff and again no editor either pre-game or in game...  great if you like the bloatware of FM, any chance someone can confirm this either way so I can try and get steam to refund my order, not paying £21.99 for a database update.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, edhdurham said:

So looking at this unless I missed it there is no editor again for FMT, so we are really just paying for a database update with minor tweaks, nothing major in tactics, nothing major in player roles, nothing major with staff and again no editor either pre-game or in game...  great if you like the bloatware of FM, any chance someone can confirm this either way so I can try and get steam to refund my order, not paying £21.99 for a database update.

Personally, I believe it's a much more polished version of FMT 19 with a superior match engine (as of now). Could never really get into last year's game, instantly hooked on this one. I'd suggest giving the demo a go when it comes out to see if it's for you or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Personally, I believe it's a much more polished version of FMT 19 with a superior match engine (as of now). Could never really get into last year's game, instantly hooked on this one. I'd suggest giving the demo a go when it comes out to see if it's for you or not.

I have the beta, yes slightly polished, but huge improvement, not in my view.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

Nope, there are editors for FM Touch.

Nope, those editors are third party ones.

We want an official one, where, not only can edit players and clubs, but also create and edit leagues. We want an editor that does what the actual editor does for the full FM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, grade said:

Nope, those editors are third party ones.

We want an official one, where, not only can edit players and clubs, but also create and edit leagues. We want an editor that does what the actual editor does for the full FM.

Just checked the preferences and the editor option has gone, so it does look like it was a mistake to have it showing for FMT in earlier versions, so unless there is a pre-game we have been ignored again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, edhdurham said:

Just checked the preferences and the editor option has gone, so it does look like it was a mistake to have it showing for FMT in earlier versions, so unless there is a pre-game we have been ignored again.

Hope not.

We will known by Nov. 19th. ;) Keep praying for miracle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, edhdurham said:

So looking at this unless I missed it there is no editor again for FMT, so we are really just paying for a database update with minor tweaks, nothing major in tactics, nothing major in player roles, nothing major with staff and again no editor either pre-game or in game...  great if you like the bloatware of FM, any chance someone can confirm this either way so I can try and get steam to refund my order, not paying £21.99 for a database update.

A database update that becomes out of date almost immedietly. Very poor.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
15 hours ago, gazza8 said:

A database update that becomes out of date almost immedietly. Very poor.

 

Its accurate for when the season starts (and in some cases, too accurate as data is in place ahead of time from when your start your game)

If you have constructive criticism to make, happy to hear it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, gazza8 said:

A database update that becomes out of date almost immedietly. Very poor.

 

There would need to be a database update every other day to be up to date, especially at the rate how modern football clubs love to sack managers.

Redundant comment IMHO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Joedw said:

There would need to be a database update every other day to be up to date, especially at the rate how modern football clubs love to sack managers.

Redundant comment IMHO.

No the fmm and full fat communitoes regular update date. 

Desireable, relevant and much needed content imho

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be honest, the last two years I bought FM on PC and tablet, and I know I'm in the minority.

 

I pre-ordered FM this year, and truth be told, it'll probably be the last time I buy it - I think I'll just stick with FMT on tablet for as long as it's made from 2021.

I do get the feeling that FMT is probably the least important version of the game, after FM & FMM, partly because of reasons discussed above with regards the lack of announcements - releasing them less than a week ahead of release, especially when the beta has been out for a week or so, is something I'll not understand. Maybe sales of it are low, and given the lack of tablets supported (understandable) compared to FMM, I understand why FMM might take precedent. 

For me, FMT strikes the balance perfectly - more advanced than FMM, less bloated than FM - it's the natural evolution of CM2 that I fell in love with. 

And yes, the ability to add extra leagues/divisions is something that would make FMT perfect in my eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff

I've removed a number of posts, including my own, as the topic is just being derailed from it's original point. 

Please keep it on topic regarding new features in FMT, which you can see in the pre-release beta.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...