The Official Waiting For The Mac Patch Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought id give the game a quick go pre-patch to see what the fuss is about...i played one game got 4 injuries, two of which are 2+ months. Within a week after two new signings BOTH injured for a month in training!

I really hope the patch sorts that out!

Tonight i've found another bug. When i pressed on tatics icon during match the game has crasched with "array access out of bound" errore. On windwos in the old FM this error was not critical and it allowed to continue.....I hope that SI resolve this problem too!

I'm playing right now and using right click and nothing happens... everything is just fine, I've clicked tactics during game, no problem, injuries seem to be a bit higher than normal but nothing too irritating....

I really think you guys should go play it instead of spending your time moaning and complaining in a forum that will get you nowhere, the patch is out when it's out.

I'm playing right now and using right click and nothing happens... everything is just fine, I've clicked tactics during game, no problem, injuries seem to be a bit higher than normal but nothing too irritating....

I really think you guys should go play it instead of spending your time moaning and complaining in a forum that will get you nowhere, the patch is out when it's out.

- Well perhaps you've been lucky so far!

Injuries to my Barcelona team about two months into the game, not accumulated injuries, but problems I'm having right now:

-Henry 3-4 weeks

-Eto'o 4-5 months

-Alves 1 week

-Iniesta 2 weeks

-Hleb 2 weeks

-Abidal 1 month

-Milito 2 months

-Messi 2 months

-Vela (new purchase) 1 month

I'm not moaning btw, just looking forward to the patch. Think this will be a great game, once the obvious problems are sorted out, hopefully this will happen tomorrow.

Im sorry... What?!

Do you think we're all just making it up?

I CANNOT RIGHT CLICK!!!

Im under no illusions!... Therefore everything takes twice as long as it should and i CANNOT finish my tactics (player runs). Because you got no problems dose that mean eeeveryone here is wrong?

Im not having mass injury problems but i get atleast one player injured per game.

Your Sooo Ignorent!!!!!

Until it gets sorted you can use an external mouse or the two-finger on track pad right click. Though I agree its irritating. As for arrows in tactics you can add forward run on player instructions and that adds an arrow.

Biggest problem for me is injuries and player fitness.

Lol, first of all, your phrase kind of defeats the point you're trying to make doesn't it? It's "You're so ignorant".

Second of all, when did I suggest you're making it up? I'm just saying, what good will it do to sit here and complain?! Some people have these problems and some people don't, depends on the computer and what can SI do about it right now? Hopefully the patch will fix these problems, but for now go play the game or hang out with your friends or whatever, I just get ticked off when I see 5 pages in a completely useless thread, all filled with people complaining about stuff everybody knows, and will be fixed with a patch that will come out when it comes out!

So yeah, get a life already...

Lol, first of all, your phrase kind of defeats the point you're trying to make doesn't it? It's "You're so ignorant".

Second of all, when did I suggest you're making it up? I'm just saying, what good will it do to sit here and complain?! Some people have these problems and some people don't, depends on the computer and what can SI do about it right now? Hopefully the patch will fix these problems, but for now go play the game or hang out with your friends or whatever, I just get ticked off when I see 5 pages in a completely useless thread, all filled with people complaining about stuff everybody knows, and will be fixed with a patch that will come out when it comes out!

So yeah, get a life already...

But the point is, why bother advising people to go play them game when they've already tried to play the game but can't because of the right click issue?

I'm as baffled by all the hysterical outrage on these forums about being denied the ability to play a game by a few hours (the reaction on the Mac side has actually been far more subdued than on other threads). But its a bit rich to preach about whats useless when you're making equally useless suggestions yourself ;)

The 'right' click issue is not as game breaking as people are suggesting there are workable solutions such as has already been suggested using an external mouse or changing the trackpad right click option - two fingers on the trackpad and click.

For those of you who do right-click by accident, so long as it's not in the match itself, Command-Q to shut down the game, save and reload and carry on.

It's not rocket science and if people put as much energy in to playing the game as they do whinging about it everyone would be world beaters.

Can anyone give me an estimate on how large the patch will be? I have mobile broadband. Don't believe the adverts, its rubbish. i have trouble watching 2 min clips on youtube. If the patch is anything over 50mb... i'm goina be waiting days for it to download!

Ive been playing the game, well not really, ove been looking around at players etc so i know what to look out for when i start the game post-patch. the right click issue is mental. did anyone actually test this game?!? surely they would have found this problem within mintues? I personally am with the people who agree that they should have just delayed this game and released it with right clicks and activation codes all working!

I feel sorry for people who don't have net access and are sat at home trying to work out what's going on with their clicking in game, i also thank god i don't have a windows pc!

p.s. S.I. if you need a mac tester next year who will actually test it, gimme a call.

Can anyone give me an estimate on how large the patch will be? I have mobile broadband. Don't believe the adverts, its rubbish. i have trouble watching 2 min clips on youtube. If the patch is anything over 50mb... i'm goina be waiting days for it to download!

Ive been playing the game, well not really, ove been looking around at players etc so i know what to look out for when i start the game post-patch. the right click issue is mental. did anyone actually test this game?!? surely they would have found this problem within mintues? I personally am with the people who agree that they should have just delayed this game and released it with right clicks and activation codes all working!

I feel sorry for people who don't have net access and are sat at home trying to work out what's going on with their clicking in game, i also thank god i don't have a windows pc!

p.s. S.I. if you need a mac tester next year who will actually test it, gimme a call.

If it's the same size as the PC patch it will be roughly 150-170Mb.

The 'right' click issue is not as game breaking as people are suggesting there are workable solutions such as has already been suggested using an external mouse or changing the trackpad right click option - two fingers on the trackpad and click.

For those of you who do right-click by accident, so long as it's not in the match itself, Command-Q to shut down the game, save and reload and carry on.

It's not rocket science and if people put as much energy in to playing the game as they do whinging about it everyone would be world beaters.

If you accidently right click then you just do the two finger on trackpad right click and it goes back to normal, no need to quit and restart the game. :D

By the way guys, I know some people have mentioned taking the game back. When i purchased my copy on Friday the guy in Gamestation told me that the game cannot be returned or used for trade-in due to the activation code. So for you disgruntled fans who can't wait to get the update tomorrow, I guess you're screwed... or you'll have to ebay it and hope someone believes you've not activated.

I'm kind of peeved with the fact that the update isn't available to us Mac users, but to be honest I've been playing the game for a bit now and not noticed any of the aforementioned problems at all. When do these injury crisis things start happening???

I know some people have already asked, but just want to ask for myself, will the update fix my current game as I really don't want to start the season again?

Simple Sale of Goods Act 1979 stuff my friend

What they mean is you can't return it if you simply change your mind. You always have statutory protection and (pretty much) nothing a shop does can alter this!

If SI had released a statement prior to release that there were issues affecting the game then they may have a leg to stand on (or even a disclaimer sticker on the front). As it happens though, the vast majority will have bought the game on the assumption that it was fully functional. What you bought was NOT a fully functional game and could well be in breach of SGA 1979. You don't buy a DVD and find out later on the internet that you have to download the last 10 minutes elsewhere. Where on the box (sale by description) does it say - You can only play this game properly if you download an extra patch? It's meant to be an optional extra.

If you WANT to return the game then you are well within your rights to and will receive a full refund. The trouble is - We all unfortunately know that FM is far and away the best management game out there so most of us don't want to settle for second best and reluctantly HAVE to wait for the patch. Have they screwed us over? YES. But they know full well that most of us will still buy FM next year on the day of release regardless - they're laughing all the way to the bank.

That being said, what they've done is TRULY poor - especially on the lack of communication front. If an issue like this happened in other circumstances that company would put whatever needed into getting it fixed ASAP. Bit of a coincidence that the patch will be released AFTER the weekend.

And on another contradictory note - From what's been said here I (touch wood) haven't been having A LOT of the issues mentioned - do REALLY suffer with the injuries bug though so as of yet haven't really thrown myself into a proper game... BUT - If this patch fixes it all up then FM09 could well be a fantastic game. Just a shame we've all been had like this - bugs are inevitable, but ones that render the game unplayable to a significant portion of people should NOT be present when the game is released. Still - a shame for SI too after (I'm sure) all the hard work they've put in.

Hi all,

I was on the verge of buyin FM on friday when I stumbled in here to all the agro about the activation and so! Readin deeper I was delighted to find that It doesnt affect MAC but obviously the bug are crazy!

I've had all the FM and Champ Man since 98 and am sure I'll buy this (in about 5 mins) but is it worth my while buyin right now? do you all think honestly that the patch will be down tomorrow??

Would love to hear some thoughts.....

I would wait till Monday to get it, the bugs there at the mo make it near on unplayable.

On that note, can a mod or someone from SI Games please give a definitive answer on whether if you have ALREADY started a game (before uploading the patch) that after you upload the patch the saved game will have the updates to it. OR, do you have to start a fresh game to have the updates in the system?

Please please please someone give a final answer on this. I have seen others asking the same thing and no-one has answered.

Tks

I have got 14 injured players who are out for longer than 3 weeks or more. If the patch fixes the issue, how are my players going to be "un-injured" during my season??? I am not going to be starting a new game over as I have signed some sweet players for some cheap prices. SI have really mucked up here, they should have actually tested their product before allowing it to have been mass distributed. Jerks.

cool, I reckon i'll buy it in the mornin, i'd be annoyed if I had it in my possession since Friday and couldnt play it! Hopefully it'll be released tomorrow by the time I'm home from Uni :D

First time I'm happy about being in Uni all day - I won't be sat at home refreshing the site waiting for a patch that probably won't come til 11:59 pm haha.

Italian super cup 3 injuries in game with red card down to 9 men. All injuries between 3 - 8 weeks.

First league game 4 injuries forcing players off. 1 injury reducing player to 30% fitness. Down to 9 men again.

How did testers not actually see this?

First time I'm happy about being in Uni all day - I won't be sat at home refreshing the site waiting for a patch that probably won't come til 11:59 pm haha.

haha very true! I hope it gets released at 3:30, just in time for Deal or No Deal, A Brew and my new career at Preston North End :D

I was just thinking...it is pretty mental that they can't give us a time...I mean we could all stay up tonight thinking it'll be a midnight release when they have no intention of releasing it that soon.

Even an estimate would be good. I mean they MUST know by now whether it'll be am or pm tomorrow.

Anyone?

I was just thinking...it is pretty mental that they can't give us a time...I mean we could all stay up tonight thinking it'll be a midnight release when they have no intention of releasing it that soon.

Even an estimate would be good. I mean they MUST know by now whether it'll be am or pm tomorrow.

Anyone?

I hit the refresh button over 1000 times on friday.

I would wait till Monday to get it, the bugs there at the mo make it near on unplayable.

On that note, can a mod or someone from SI Games please give a definitive answer on whether if you have ALREADY started a game (before uploading the patch) that after you upload the patch the saved game will have the updates to it. OR, do you have to start a fresh game to have the updates in the system?

Please please please someone give a final answer on this. I have seen others asking the same thing and no-one has answered.

Tks

The updates will NOT update an existing game. Hence why everyone is waiting for the patch before they start a game.

The updates will NOT update an existing game. Hence why everyone is waiting for the patch before they start a game.

See this is what I thought, but earlier I'm pretty sure I read a comment from someone stating the opposite.

I'm sure they were SI.

I would search but I'm in work...

Anyone?

Well it won't be midnight as the reason for the delay is because the QA testers need to sign it. And they will, I assume, work office hours.

See this is what I thought, but earlier I'm pretty sure I read a comment from someone stating the opposite.

I'm sure they were SI.

I would search but I'm in work...

If you've started a new game they won't undo any injuries etc but it should fix the flaws in the game. This is how it's worked for me in the past versions.

i've got a macbook pro with 2gb ram, i'm thinking of upgrading to 4gb for £45...would it make much difference? i assume it would be quicker but would it be that noticeable do you think? has anyone else with a mac tried with that much ram?

2GB are imo more than enough, but obviously it would be a lot quicker if your RAM was doubled :)

i've got a macbook pro with 2gb ram, i'm thinking of upgrading to 4gb for £45...would it make much difference? i assume it would be quicker but would it be that noticeable do you think? has anyone else with a mac tried with that much ram?

My Macbook (non pro) is a 2Gb with 2.16 Ghz Processor and its a whizz of a machine. I run loads of hefty programmes such as Photoshop and After Effects at the same time and there's not alot of noticable loss in speed. Only prob in terms of Footie Manager (demo only) is thats its only the GMA chip which cant run the 3d Engine, tho is apparently gettin fixed as part of the patch! Fingers crossed

• SI Staff

Anyone?

We'll have a better idea on the status of the Mac Patch in the morning when everyone is back in the office. Obviously we'll be trying to get it out as quickly as we can.

Archived