The Official Waiting For The Mac Patch Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know of a way to save your shortlist of players? Going to start a new game once patch is out but don't wanna lose some jazz players I have found. And I can't be bothered to write down on paper the players then type them into the game again in the new one. PLEASE say there is a way!

Go to your shortlist, down to right is a little box, there you can choose Save Shortlist.

I am playing at the moment and enjoying it but just need the patch to save me from the injuries. It's pretty harsh when your a big club and you lose your top players but when you're in the basement divisions and you have say two good players and they get injured for 2/3 months then you suddenly go from mid-table to relegation fodder without any budget to do anything about it.

I think we should cut SI some slack on the Mac patch. Obviously some unforeseen events occurred on Friday, otherwise it would have been released then. It seems to me that this could just as easily have been the other way around, and the fact that the patch is out this close to release day is actually quite remarkable in itself.

At the risk of sounding grandfather-ish: when I started playing CM years ago I had to play it in a DOS emulator on the Mac. Later, when a third company made a Mac version, it came out a couple of months after the PC game. So having to wait three days for the patch isn't really that big a deal.

I do, however, think we are entitled to question how well SI test the Mac version of the game itself prior to release. The ctrl-click bug is a rather big (and obvious) one, and should have been picked up by someone.

I'm as frustrated as anyone waiting for the Mac patch but some of the moaning this morning has been a bit daft.

As someone said above, the reason we had to wait till Monday was obviously so the staff could get back to work, so a midnight release was never going to happen.

Also, if it was half an hour's work to get it out, I'm sure someone could have sorted it friday night.

I'll be checking all day but let's be realistic.

I'm as frustrated as anyone waiting for the Mac patch but some of the moaning this morning has been a bit daft.

As someone said above, the reason we had to wait till Monday was obviously so the staff could get back to work, so a midnight release was never going to happen.

Also, if it was half an hour's work to get it out, I'm sure someone could have sorted it friday night.

I am sorry but feel the moaning is completly justified why release a game when it still isnt 100% finished SI have said they have been working on this version of the game for three years therefore they have had 3 years to get the game ready for release on 14th November 2009 and they havnt managed to do this therefore i feel every1 on this thread has the right to voice their frustration.

SI sort it out!!!

mate im being realistic, i bought a game on friday that didnt work because it hadnt been tested sufficiently. (how did the injury bug get past testing never mind the rest)

is it too much to ask for that when you buy a product that it actually works?

I am sorry but feel the moaning is completly justified why release a game when it still isnt 100% finished SI have said they have been working on this version of the game for three years therefore they have had 3 years to get the game ready for release on 14th November 2009 and they havnt managed to do this therefore i feel every1 on this thread has the right to voice their frustration.

SI sort it out!!!

You haven't quite bothered to understand have you. I think people have a complete right to moan about the shocking state of the unpatched game and their pathetic failure to get the Mac patch out on friday. However, moaning about the patch not being out at 9am today is just daft - it was never going to happen.

You haven't quite bothered to understand have you. I think people have a complete right to moan about the shocking state of the unpatched game and their pathetic failure to get the Mac patch out on friday. However, moaning about the patch not being out at 9am today is just daft - it was never going to happen.

they should have been working all weekend, not clocking out at 5pm on friday

Yes i completly understand but why is it daft to think 9am release is too much to ask the amount of money they have made out of us all by buying the game on Friday you would think they would be willing to put abit of effort in and if it ment them working over the weekend then so be it! Apple sould kick off and demand the patch to be ready because its customers are being unfairly treated!!!

To be completely truthful we're just following expectations which SI have themselves set. They've gladly taken pats on the back from the Mac crowd when they've released the game on the same day with no extra problems on the Mac than there where on the PC, so they should also be as willing to take the flak when they don't meet that standard.

Obviously most of us still think there doing a great job, it's just that where all very keen to have the Patch as soon as possible, especcially those who (like me) set time aside to play the game after release.

they should have been working all weekend, not clocking out at 5pm on friday

Not sure how that would have helped, SI could have been in all weekend, pulled a 72hour shift, but the patch would still be waiting on SEGA.

Please remember that SEGA have to do the final checks, so assuming SI will already have got the patch to them, having a go at SI won't help.

Same with updating this board, SI's latest may well be it's with SEGA and should be released (assuming no faults are found) today, they're probably waiting for and are just as eager for an update as we are.

Cheers

Onkster

I would have liked to have seen that as well but given that we all knew that was clearly not the case my original point stands.

your point stands because you said it and i respect your opinion but seriously if i was to launch a massive product like FM then i would think it prudent to have everyone on standby to work the weekend just incase something like this happens.

now lets not get away from the fact that SI have seriously let every mac user down and dont seem to be doing much to solve it.

they should be in constant contact telling us what the problems are and why its taking so long

i personally dont see why people are saying we should give them a break.

lets see.

in the months leading up to release, did they NOT REALISE

1. the right click bug

2. setting of 3d is only on low

3. Havning graphic card issues ESPECIALLY as MACS dont have a a big range of cards in their machines it should have been easier and quicker to code right from the start.

sure injury bugs and all that could be unforseen, as its also on the pc side, BUT those 3 issues i listed, basically shows they didnt spend much time or energy on the mac release.

I can see this is provng difficult but I'll try again. I'm not even starting to say that SI/Sega have handled this well or that they have treated their customers well. My only point is that, given the facts we were aware of i.e work would not start again on the mac patch until Monday morning, it was never going to be released at 9am.

I'm not saying that's acceptable, I'm just saying that's how it was going to be.

Now, can we get back to having a go at Miles or something.

Well, I have a macbook intel core 2 duo, 2 GB ram etc. And I'm wondering why the game "lags" so much to me? It's seems like FM 09 takes a lot of CPU or something. Besides, does someone know how to use the "hot-corners" while playing in fullscreen? Or is it just a fact that I have to play windowed? Any ideas?

Hope I can get some answers in this this forum.

PS: Can someone say for sure that the patch will come out today (Monday 17/11)? Because I've been waiting for this patch for a loooong time now; feels like a month :D

i need the patch so bad this has been the biggest anti climax of my life

hate to know what the biggest climax has been :p

i found myself yelling last night, when eduardo came back from his long term injury, waited till he was fully fit, played him and within 26 mins he was out for another 2 months ! i actually slammed my hand down and said FFS ! my wife looked at me as if I was mad !!!

come on SI, I need to regain my sanity lol !

i personally dont see why people are saying we should give them a break.

lets see.

in the months leading up to release, did they NOT REALISE

1. the right click bug

2. setting of 3d is only on low

3. Havning graphic card issues ESPECIALLY as MACS dont have a a big range of cards in their machines it should have been easier and quicker to code right from the start.

sure injury bugs and all that could be unforseen, as its also on the pc side, BUT those 3 issues i listed, basically shows they didnt spend much time or energy on the mac release.

I agree we're entitled to critisise the testing of the Mac version. My point was that we should give them a break on the patch. If it's out today, then we'll have a patch three days after release, and I don't think that's ever happened before. (And maybe next time they won't release the game on a Friday...)

i need the patch so bad this has been the biggest anti climax of my life
Well, I have a macbook intel core 2 duo, 2 GB ram etc. And I'm wondering why the game "lags" so much to me? It's seems like FM 09 takes a lot of CPU or something. Besides, does someone know how to use the "hot-corners" while playing in fullscreen? Or is it just a fact that I have to play windowed? Any ideas?

PS: Can someone say for sure that the patch will come out today (Monday 17/11)? Because I've been waiting for this patch for a loooong time now; feels like a month :D

dude, you need it windowed to use hot corners, i always play windowed, then i can use other stuff while playing a game, like coming onto the forums to find players/tactics or just general chitter chatter :D

hate to know what the biggest climax has been :p

i found myself yelling last night, when eduardo came back from his long term injury, waited till he was fully fit, played him and within 26 mins he was out for another 2 months ! i actually slammed my hand down and said FFS ! my wife looked at me as if I was mad !!!

come on SI, I need to regain my sanity lol !

well i hope iv not had the biggest climax yet but i hope it involves the new patch lol

I can see this is provng difficult but I'll try again. I'm not even starting to say that SI/Sega have handled this well or that they have treated their customers well. My only point is that, given the facts we were aware of i.e work would not start again on the mac patch until Monday morning, it was never going to be released at 9am.

I'm not saying that's acceptable, I'm just saying that's how it was going to be.

Now, can we get back to having a go at Miles or something.

Ando is right... considering we had to wait until Monday it assumes something needs to be done today. If that something was small they would have done it earlier.

Considering that that something isn't small... we will be waiting at least until the afternoon.

In 3 weeks we will have all forgotten it was delayed at all.

I just wanted to add my piece to this whole debate/Si slating- I saved up my hours at work so that i could take a whole friday off to sit in front of the tv playing fm until i had to go back to work on monday, girlfriend put to one side and just me, my mac and hours drifting away in the world of fm.

My issue is that you should not release an unfinished game and also , you should not be telling people at the nd of a working day that there will be no patch when ot was previously said there would be, a small amount of warning earlier on friday would have stopped many of us constantly refreshing the forum/download page! i hope Si are going to compensate me for my repetitive strain injury caused by the refreshing i had to do! I love the games and thats why i care. Im a lover not fighter, but ill be a fighter tonight if i dont havy any patchy!

dude, you need it windowed to use hot corners, i always play windowed, then i can use other stuff while playing a game, like coming onto the forums to find players/tactics or just general chitter chatter :D

But when you use it windowed, the dock is always in the way, and you can't see the bottom line of the game-window, where the news etc are.

But when you use it windowed, the dock is always in the way, and you can't see the bottom line of the game-window, where the news etc are.

The dock can be hidden (cmd-alt-D I think) and there's software out there to hide the menu bar as well.

Steve - there's no activation on the Mac - just keep your disc in the drive. Installation worked perfectly for me.

hi, Steve

CAn i check with U.

I also using MacBook, thinking whether to buy the game.

So, after installing it, do u need the disc to run the game ?

Or u can play without the Disc?

Many thanks

cheers

What are 'Hot Corners'?

hi, Steve

CAn i check with U.

I also using MacBook, thinking whether to buy the game.

So, after installing it, do u need the disc to run the game ?

Or u can play without the Disc?

Many thanks

cheers

You need the disc in the drive when you start up the game (but you can eject it once the game is up and running). Same as before.

Archived