The Official Waiting For The Mac Patch Thread

That the patch is delayed is one thing. After the last couple releases it never came as a shock.. which should ring a bell with you guys btw.

What's worse is the sum of all the **** that's going on...

After deciding not to wait for the patch but just start a game, I first tried to move Harry Redknapp to the Spurs job. Only problem is, the editor won't start. Double-click it, it "jumps out" like any other file when opened...but then, nothing. Tried again, tried restarting..nothing.

OK, so I say **** it, not the end of the world. Let's just get the game under way.

I start a game, play for about an hour. Then out of f*cking nowhere: "Array access out of bounds" - game shuts down. Half an hour + of work lost.

I mean come on..WHAT IS THIS, AMATEUR HOUR?!?? What the f*ck kind of product are you guys releasing?? One ****up is one thing, but this is worse than George W Bush high on mushrooms trying to do advanced maths. Give me a ****ing break.. and a ****ing patch to fix this ****.

</rant>

-giventofly.

Mate, I too had this problem it is easily fixed-basically the game stays running in the background, now as im not an expert on Macs I don't know the correct way to bring it back, but if you click the apple logo and then restart it brings the game back to the 'front' in windowed mode! Hope that helps

Also SI I very much doubt you have even been working on the patch at all, and we just want a level of honesty which you used to have but have lost in recent years. The fact that SEGA have made most of todays announcements pretty much sums things up.

Otherwise the game is almost perfect, once the right click gets fixed then it will be, its a shame the patch isn't out but the game is still playable without it folks. I have a below spec graphics card (gma 31000)and 3d works (i don't use it though) if and when the patch comes out just run it with your saved game, there are only a few data updates!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK... I'm guessing this probably won't be read but I can only hope it does...

I started this thread this morning just so that we could clarify whether the patch was today or next week due to conflicting threads.

We got a pretty quick response which was massively appreciated and allowed all of us to get excited for being able to play the game today. We've then proceeded to waste hours checking and checking and checking for the updates.

Now it seems to me that when things are going well SI were quick to provide answers and communication - then when things go wrong they fall silent...

I don't care that things go wrong... of course they do... I don't care if it's going to take a month to fix it... I just want SI to communicate and to keep the information flow going.

Please at least give us the one piece of info we all need... Could it be over the weekend that the patch becomes available or will it be next week? PLEASE POST A REPLY SI.

Thanks.

Sorry guys, unfortunately we have come across some problems with the Mac version on certain graphics cards, which means we will be unable to release the 910 patch tonight. We'll keep working on these issues and get the patch out as soon as we can. I don't want to give you an ETA as I cannot guarantee it will be met at this stage.

Apologies once again from all at SI for not getting the patch out to you today.

You are ridiculous!

If you think that treating your customers like idiot won't damage your reputation, you're really wrong.

I'm quite tired of you and your bugged game, instead of deploying that childish 3d you could have tried, for a year, just for a year, to release a finished game, or at least a playable one.

I think that the market will punish you in severe way, no more space for your amateurish way of sorting out game.

You lost a customer.

OK... I'm guessing this probably won't be read but I can only hope it does...

Please at least give us the one piece of info we all need... Could it be over the weekend that the patch becomes available or will it be next week? PLEASE POST A REPLY SI.

Thanks.

here here...

For years and years I have defended SI over numerous issues, but after the events of today with the DRM problems for PC users and MAC users not being able to play the game due to the lack of a patch, have to say that this is a completely unacceptable situation.

Obviously everything is really rather mental busy with the activation issues the PC users are getting but rest assured that we're still working hard for the mac patch and as soon as we know anything you'll know as well :)
I saw on the patch thread that its likely to be Monday. Link

What a crock of ****

Mate, I too had this problem it is easily fixed-basically the game stays running in the background, now as im not an expert on Macs I don't know the correct way to bring it back, but if you click the apple logo and then restart it brings the game back to the 'front' in windowed mode! Hope that helps

Also SI I very much doubt you have even been working on the patch at all, and we just want a level of honesty which you used to have but have lost in recent years. The fact that SEGA have made most of todays announcements pretty much sums things up.

Otherwise the game is almost perfect, once the right click gets fixed then it will be, its a shame the patch isn't out but the game is still playable without it folks. I have a below spec graphics card (gma 31000)and 3d works (i don't use it though) if and when the patch comes out just run it with your saved game, there are only a few data updates!

Thanks mate, that did the trick!

Where I work, if we have a customer impacting issue we work at the weekend to sort it out. Now, I appreciate the fact that they've all worked hard recently to get this game out, but surely it would be the right thing to do to get the relevant people in to QA the Mac patch and get it out for the customers.

I am able to play (albeight with a stupid amount of flippin' injuries) but there are clearly so many people left with a useless game for the entire weekend and that simply can't be right.

SI, I think at the very least there are many people that need to be told why they'll have to wait another few days before they are able to play the game they have paid you to get.

COME ON, DO THE RIGHT THING HERE!

Come on, guys. The Mac version of the game is completely playable apart from the ctrl-click bug, which can be solved either by using an external mouse or the two-finger method that you can set up in System Preferences on a MacBook. Not perfect, but it'll last us through the weekend.

If that's true then it's an utter disgrace. A lot of people, including me, have to work during the weekdays and don't get time to play the game then. So, I hoped it would be out tonight or tomorrow so I could play it when I have the chance (weekend).

I'm disappointed, very disappointed.

Come on, guys. The Mac version of the game is completely playable apart from the ctrl-click bug, which can be solved either by using an external mouse or the two-finger method that you can set up in System Preferences on a MacBook. Not perfect, but it'll last us through the weekend.

It's virtually unplayable because of the bugs. Injuries, match engine. Not an enjoyable experience at all.

Looks like us mac users are the only ones left that are missing out now that the authentication issues have been fixed.

This makes me a sad Panda.

I just can't stop ctrl-clicking, every time I do I have to restart the game! I'm going to give up until Monday... :(

I echo the desire for the game to be released in a working state, patches should be reserved for fancy extras and data updates not something as crucial as being able to right click! Really disappointed.

OK...stupid question please nobody take their SI frustrations out on me....but if i start a game will i be able to play the same game with the patch (if its ever released)?

Or will the patch only function with a game that i play after installing the patch..im assuming not but i agree with ambolt that the only issue ive come across is the ctrl+click bug which isnt a big deal for me but i fear there maybe more bugs im unaware of and only discover them a couple of seasons in or something...which would be a pain in the arse.

OK...stupid question please nobody take their SI frustrations out on me....but if i start a game will i be able to play the same game with the patch (if its ever released)?

Or will the patch only function with a game that i play after installing the patch..im assuming not but i agree with ambolt that the only issue ive come across is the ctrl+click bug which isnt a big deal for me but i fear there maybe more bugs im unaware of and only discover them a couple of seasons in or something...which would be a pain in the arse.

Normally patches are save game compatible, bugs such as the right click will be fixed and your previous save game will be playable. However when the patch is applied changes such as Redknapp to Spurs will not show up in your save only in a new game.

It will only work if you start a new game..

Thats what i thought. Cheers

Hands up if you think SI should offer a partial refund for people who bought a highly error prone game on release date ? Say £5-£10 money back? That would go some way to heal the damaged confidence of lets face it, extremely loyal and supportive customers.

Its not playable at all.

Right click is a joke.

Hundreds of bugs, injury after injury, and then it just crashes on the first game.

Not worth the £30 I'd say, would you?

It's virtually unplayable because of the bugs. Injuries, match engine. Not an enjoyable experience at all.

Looks like us mac users are the only ones left that are missing out now that the authentication issues have been fixed.

Agreed!

Sorry guys, unfortunately we have come across some problems with the Mac version on certain graphics cards, which means we will be unable to release the 910 patch tonight. We'll keep working on these issues and get the patch out as soon as we can. I don't want to give you an ETA as I cannot guarantee it will be met at this stage.

Apologies once again from all at SI for not getting the patch out to you today.

What a f*cking joke.

Have a great weekend, you useless c*nts.

iom this is pure horse sh*tt, i bet they didnt even try the game on a mac befour the release.
this is unreal! wat a waste of money!!!!!!!!

at least the punks could have given us a ETA! lazy mugs should say in the office until its complete!

signed.

Marc u reading this?

Its not playable at all.

Right click is a joke.

Hundreds of bugs, injury after injury, and then it just crashes on the first game.

Not worth the £30 I'd say, would you?

The crashing on the first game doesn't apply to everyone, it seems. You should try clearing out your caches with an app like Cocktail or Leopard Cache Cleaner.

Anyway, I know I'm going to be playing this game for a year, and the fact that I have to play an unpatched version this first weekend isn't really ruining it for me. Normally we wouldn't expect a patch on release day anyway.

I know every year we have the issue of waiting for the patch which is normally a week or two after the release, but this year has been a complete disaster. I'm a mac user and I know we won't be getting the patch today which effectively renders the game unplayable (right click bug) and from what I've read most PC users are having a disaster trying to activate the game. So people have gone out today and spent upwards of £40 on something which around 5-10% will actually be able to play, therefore I ask why not release the game next Friday? it would have given the chance for the game to be complete and might have given time to get some organisation into place in terms of activating the game. To be honest this kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable. If a similar situation arose with a company such as Tescos for example there would be absolute chaos with complaints to trading standards. It really does break my heart to say this because I like most people just grin and bear and when up and working properly it really is one of the greatest and most addictive games you could wish for, but this year has been one almighty disaster, I really think the release process needs reviewing as people like myself are getting increasingly frustrated with being mugged of year after year.

Delaying the patch release until Monday isn't good enough.

It was clearly thought vital to have a patch ready for PC users on release - and not

just for graphic card compatibility, but for data updates and gameplay issues.

It's also vital to have a Mac patch ready - especially given the absurd right-click issue.

When a company screws up as hugely as SI on this release, you haul the workforce in over the weekend.

Then on Monday you sack the ones who screwed up.

(btw, who did order the dot matrix print job? Had they ever seen a dot-matrix print job before?)

Bad form.

Will the patch fix the issue where the medium and high graphic settings for 3D pitch view are grayed out, currently i can only select low!!!

BTW i have the brand new macbook pro so graphic cards shouldnt be an issue.

I have to agree with you all that this is been one of the worst launches for a game period! The fact that both Windows and Mac users cannot play the game on the day of release makes me disappointed.

Is SI becoming the new EA games?

When i went to the opticians to collect my contact lenses, they lost them, they apologized and ordered some more. As compensation they also gave me an extra months worth of lenses (worth about £40). We should get compensation for a product we have all payed for, that simply hasn't delivered. The fact that both SI and Sega have made no announcement until the last minute really makes the whole situation worse. A bad policy, a bad launch, a bad company.

I like many other FM die hard fans feel our loyalty means nothing. Moreover, the fact that windows gets a patch and Mac doesnt makes me as a consumer feel alienated and secondary.

I am glad to see that i am not the only one unhappy today!

Will the patch fix the issue where the medium and high graphic settings for 3D pitch view are grayed out, currently i can only select low!!!

I have to agree with you all that this is been one of the worst launches for a game period! The fact that both Windows and Mac users cannot play the game on the day of release makes me disappointed.

When i went to the opticians to collect my contact lenses, they lost them, they apologized and ordered some more. As compensation they also gave me an extra months worth of lenses (worth about £40). We should get compensation for a product we have all payed for, that simply hasn't delivered. The fact that both SI and Sega have made no announcement until the last minute really makes the whole situation worse. A bad policy, a bad launch, a bad company.

I like many other FM die hard fans feel our loyalty means nothing. Moreover, the fact that windows gets a patch and Mac doesnt makes me as a consumer feel alienated and secondary.

eh hasnt the patch been released yet? expected after my drunken night itd b released

Nope afraid not LUFC, Monday will be the earliest but don't hold your breath. I think mac users will be the last thing on the minds of SI at the moment due to the huge failure of the PC launch. Don't forget mac users make up a tiny percentage of users compared to PC users therefore I wouldn't be expecting any announcements soon!

You are definitely not the only one :(!

Archived