The Official Waiting For The Mac Patch Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys i'm gonna talk in code so I don't get told off. If you know what I'm talking about could you please PM me.

How do I solve the issue with them players who beat us on pens during Euro 96? We were wearing the grey kit but they all seem to like the grey now. (Wink , Wink)

It's my girldfriend's birthday today as well...

Have actually instigated an argument to free up the evening - she's now going out with her mates and i'll see her sunday...

I love it when a plan comes together!

Wow, I envy you! And with the great amount of alcohol probably finding its way to my throat tonight, I don't think I'll be able to play until I'm home from work tomorrow, about 6-7 in the evening :(

So, I have:

1. been to town, bought the game

2. installed the game

3. downloaded appropriate kit and logo packs (FM08 ones seem to work fine, by the way)

4. done the ironing, folded clothes and put them away (so everyone can relax!)

5. pulled my low-slung leather chair out to the middle of the room

6. hooked my Macbook up to my 40 inch LCD TV

7. placed a small pile of fruit by my side (healthy snacks)

I have never been this ready for anything!

Hi Ben

I got them from these sites:

http://www.fmglive.com

http://www.auxj85.dsl.pipex.com/index.shtml

I can't really comment how they compare with others, these were just the first I found with the English and Scottish leagues.

Hope that helps.

Steven

Anyone got the link for National Team kits?

Any news on the Mac Patch yet? :(

Can i ask, where do you put these kit/logo packs in for FM09 (Mac...obviously)?

and

Where did you get them from?

Cheers,

Duvel

Hi Duvel

I answered Ben on the "where". On the "how", I unzipped them then copied the folders into Users, mriinkster, Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2009.

You also need to go in to the graphics options in FM09 and uncheck "use Skin cache" and check "reload images on confirm" - at least for the first time.

I hope that helps! I'm no expert, I was just lucky that it all worked first time.

Steven

• SI Staff
How can i update my Mac OSX version 10.4.11 to 10.5.5? Where can I see if I'm running Leopard or Tiger?

Thanks in advance!

btw still no patch available?

Tiger is 10.4

Leopard is 10.5

You can see which you're running by selecting 'About this mac' from the Apple menu

To upgrade you need to buy the new OS from Apple

i guess u may also have an issue with ur graphics card! I have a 1 yr old macbook and though it was speced out, it seems the graphics card is not up to much. Who would of thought champs requires a high spec computer, jesus! Someone has clearly not written good code on this one, it's hardly Halo now is it.

Tiger is 10.4

Leopard is 10.5

You can see which you're running by selecting 'About this mac' from the Apple menu

To upgrade you need to buy the new OS from Apple

If the dock has a 3D look then it's Leopard., a flat box means it's Tiger. Sadly that (plus better FM09 performance) seems to be about the main difference between 10.4 and 10.5! :)

For me, I knew I would have to upgrade some time - FM09 was the push I needed.

Are we there yet?

Sod it, I'll try starting a game now without the patch.. I'll just have to make do with the inevitably freaky tactics that come with not being able to use the mouse-thingy properly..

This isn't that big a problem if you turn on the two-finger right-click in system preferences. You'll still have to put up with having your entire first team out with broken limbs though.

I managed to avoid the temptation of starting an unpatched game by installing on Windows using Boot Camp. I can then just use that savegame to play natively on the Mac when the patch eventually gets released.

This has easily been the most shoddy CM/FM release I can remember, and all at a time when they're throwing money at things to make themselves appear like billy big balls.

im at work so obv havent pld the game yet so please excuse my ignorance but - whats the whole right click shabang all about?

also can a mod make sure that when the patch is released its made in its own thread as a sticky? to save trawling through loads of threads/posts?

• SI Staff
im at work so obv havent pld the game yet so please excuse my ignorance but - whats the whole right click shabang all about?

also can a mod make sure that when the patch is released its made in its own thread as a sticky? to save trawling through loads of threads/posts?

There is a bug in the unpatched version which means that once you right click you can't left click but it is fixed in the patch :)

In a daring and bold move - wish me luck - I've decided to read the manual. Ooh shock horror! Hopefully it's an improvement on the "FORWARD RUNS - selecting this tells your player to make forward runs" type of thing. Stand back, I'm going in...

Hopefully we can keep this thread light-hearted - I'm sure SI are doing what they can, let's show some faith. Singalong anyone? :)

This site is a good way to waste a few hours:

http://www.freewebarcade.com/latest/1/

I particularly recommend Contrast Cannon, Zilch and Super Stacker. There are a few footy related ones too.

I'm buying the game at 4.30pm today, so I hope the patch is out by then.

Anyone had problems installing this on a Mac yet? Just keep reading all the horror stories on here about activation.

Steve - there's no activation on the Mac - just keep your disc in the drive. Installation worked perfectly for me.

I'm buying the game at 4.30pm today, so I hope the patch is out by then.

Anyone had problems installing this on a Mac yet? Just keep reading all the horror stories on here about activation.

The Mac installation doesn't use the online activation process which the PC users are finding so 'fun'. I believe its the same gud 'ole CD-In-Drive activation. I've not had to put any codes in and i can launch a game.

Archived