The Official Waiting For The Mac Patch Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Mac installation doesn't use the online activation process which the PC users are finding so 'fun'. I believe its the same gud 'ole CD-In-Drive activation. I've not had to put any codes in and i can launch a game.

:thup:

Best post I've read all day!

No activation codes! Whoop! :)

Hi,

The patch was not yet out and yesterday SI realized and announced that a new one was already necessary (13 players in the match tactic screen, 2torres and 2 Gerrard). At this point I don’t mind if 9.1. for mac is out or not. I prefer waiting for 9.2 hoping it can be out in a couple of weeks.

Bye.

Hi,

The patch was not yet out and yesterday SI realized and announced that a new one was already necessary (13 players in the match tactic screen, 2torres and 2 Gerrard).

Bye.

That is just a cosmetic issue and has no influence on the game play.

And yes, for all mac users, you can put in the disk and start a game, you don´t need any kind of authentication/authorising.

Hi,

The patch was not yet out and yesterday SI realized and announced that a new one was already necessary (13 players in the match tactic screen, 2torres and 2 Gerrard). At this point I don’t mind if 9.1. for mac is out or not. I prefer waiting for 9.2 hoping it can be out in a couple of weeks.

Bye.

hmm i wonder if the mac patch we're waiting for will solve these problems? it's all a bit of a pickle isn't it?

PS does anyone have an si games email address??

I really do hope they sort the right-click issue out!!! Trying to play it now but i just can't get used to it. And when this patch does come out do i have to do anything to 'install' it or is it just a download and the games finds it for you?

Cheers, this forum is keeping me greatly occupied!

I really do hope they sort the right-click issue out!!! Trying to play it now but i just can't get used to it. And when this patch does come out do i have to do anything to 'install' it or is it just a download and the games finds it for you?

Cheers, this forum is keeping me greatly occupied!

I'm gonna be my beloved Hartlepool United! though i wont be able to play until tomorrow after the mk dons game as i'll be getting lashed on the company coin tonight and recovering tomorrow morning!

if i had 1m for hartlepool.. a semi-realistic signing - chris taylor from oldham? johnathon douglas from leeds? mark yeates from colchester? george boyd fro posh? none of them would come to us anyway haha!

Those people getting errors 10 and 702, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.

We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

They are updating Activation system BUT we dont get patch... Fair enough? :eek:

This is now getting beyond a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't release the game until you know it works! The right click problem surely must have been picked up when they tested it?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Simply it wasn't tested properly for Mac. As not many SEGA games are for Mac and Quality Assurance is done by SEGA there probably isn't many Mac testers compared to PC testers.

I'll be starting at either Man Utd or Chester City!

I guess real reason of this waiting is that SI is working with PC activation. It havent worked well ... Thats they main focus now, not our patch...

What's going on out there? I just had a look at the thread titles - "I want an apology", "SI you are a disgrace", "Since FM09 isn't working what are we going to do" - sounds like chaos!

With all the bitching going on right now I'm really tempted to post in every thread that I have a code with 23 0's or O's, and a couple of 1's or i's or whatever as well, but that I'm playing just fine, cause I have a Mac..

:)

Unfortunately it would be a great big lie, 'cause here I am.. waiting for a patch that just won't come.. :|

This is horrible. Are we always going to be put second in line? After all, the PC patch is out, it can´t be that much of a job putting the mac version out. Its been almost 16 hours since the PC version was out. No info. Nothing.

Can´t SI at least give us a approx time, or do we have to wait until the beginning of next week? ****ed.

I'm not angry........i'm furious!

Is it really that difficult to inform your customers of when the Mac Patch will be ready to download, Why say one thing then do another?

First we had problems with the demo, and large spec requierements and now this!

I for one will be returning the game tomorrow morning as a very disappointed customer!

Right, I'm joining the queue of disgruntled Mac owners awaiting their turn to patch.

At least I've found out why Rafa has such a hard time shifting Jermaine Pennant: just like me every time he goes to right click the bugger to transfer list him he has to shut down and restart *ahem*

Seriously SI, I love the dedication and hard work you put in to each iteration of the game but you couldn't pick up on the injury bug and the Mac right click bug before it went gold? Let alone all the rest?

Who do you have testing for you? People who failed Microsoft OS bug testing School because it was 'too hard'?

Next year do an open Beta and let the people who buy the game compulsively year in, year out work through all the iterations and find out what works and what doesn't because *sheesh* talk about giving yourselves a bad reputation. The last time it was this awful and requiring patches was CM2. (Okay, we did wait n+1 years for that but hey...)

Oh and giefmacpatchnaowkthxbye.

Luv, Mike

P.S. However bad it might be though, I'll buy you all a pint for burdening MS users with authentication - top stuff!

just been looking at the PC forums and i think we're in for a long wait for out low-prioritized mac patch.

dig in fellas

I think SI are having to reinforce the forum servers as well, they're completely out at times.

I have a reasonable amount of faith that we'll see the patch before the end of today, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it dragged on into next week.

Archived