The Official Waiting For The Mac Patch Thread

I'm in the US (bought the game right before I left europe :D ) so i'm hoping the patch comes out tonight. what i don't understand is this: people keep saying the patch won't apply to saved games-does this mean that if you continue a saved game (i have one I started with the Demo) that the injurys will keep coming?!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in the US (bought the game right before I left europe :D ) so i'm hoping the patch comes out tonight. what i don't understand is this: people keep saying the patch won't apply to saved games-does this mean that if you continue a saved game (i have one I started with the Demo) that the injurys will keep coming?!

Once you apply the patch it "normally" allows you to carry on with your previous game. That means the injuries you currently have wont disappear but you should get less injuries. The only thing you wont notice in your save-game would be the new data updates such as Harry Redknapp at spurs.

Of course the patch will apply to to saved games! The data for calculating such things is NOT stored within the save game archive so how would it not change when you update?! Saved games simply store the state of players in your current game (i.e, what club they're at, their condition, stats, etc), NOT game functions like injury rates.

Once you apply the patch it "normally" allows you to carry on with your previous game. That means the injuries you currently have wont disappear but you should get less injuries. The only thing you wont notice in your save-game would be the new data updates such as Harry Redknapp at spurs.

True, but never the less, SI always recommend that you start a new game to ensure that you get the full benefit of the latest patch.

The 3D mode doesn't work reli good on my mbp as well, here is my mb's graphic card info, can anyone tell me does my graphic card support the game?

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c5

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-158

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.158

Displays:

Color LCD:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display Connector:

Lol, first of all, your phrase kind of defeats the point you're trying to make doesn't it? It's "You're so ignorant".

Second of all, when did I suggest you're making it up? I'm just saying, what good will it do to sit here and complain?! Some people have these problems and some people don't, depends on the computer and what can SI do about it right now? Hopefully the patch will fix these problems, but for now go play the game or hang out with your friends or whatever, I just get ticked off when I see 5 pages in a completely useless thread, all filled with people complaining about stuff everybody knows, and will be fixed with a patch that will come out when it comes out!

So yeah, get a life already...

First off... Im sorry i don't have time to sit here and proof read my post a couple of times...

I was probably actually about to go out and live my life, like you so wise-fully suggested i do.

Its only a post... not an english essay is it.

If you go back to page 2or3 you'll find me saying Im happy to wait and I'm being patient,

But comments like yours annoy me.

And you'll find its not just the same people over and over again...

Most people have just come and put up a post to let SI know they're p!ssed.

I've also written a post defending SI for releasing a game thats not 100% working.

I have no beef with SI i just came onto the thread to find news on a release date.

However i also feel people have the right to be angry and if they don't tell SI, SI dont know do they.

8pm Sydney time is 9am London, and that's just when staff will arrive back at work so I wouldn't expect much action tonight Sydney time..

Not a criticism, but a touch surprising SI release a game prior to a weekend, then all disappear for the weekend, not much sight of pulling a weekender for the product launch. :/

Anyway, I'm sure all will be well in a day or two and back to more generic moaning :)

I might as well give my Mac Book Pro's specs if it will be of any use or help. I have 2 gb MHz DDR2 SDRAM for memory, 2 GHz Intel Core Duo for my processor, over 20 GB of free disk space, I do have OS X version 10.4.11 only for now, but plan on getting leopard soon enough and last but not least my graphics card is the same ATY,RadeonX1600 posted a few comments above. I can view 3-D but it doesn't flow well at all, can't easily navigate through the game and its menu's, I can barely tell what's going on it feels like I am making a stop motion film or something... I know SI don't support Tiger, but I don't think that's the issue and I am sure my computer is good enough to handle the game as it can handle some pretty decent programs for art.

I might as well give my Mac Book Pro's specs if it will be of any use or help. I have 2 gb MHz DDR2 SDRAM for memory, 2 GHz Intel Core Duo for my processor, over 20 GB of free disk space, I do have OS X version 10.4.11 only for now, but plan on getting leopard soon enough and last but not least my graphics card is the same ATY,RadeonX1600 posted a few comments above. I can view 3-D but it doesn't flow well at all, can't easily navigate through the game and its menu's, I can barely tell what's going on it feels like I am making a stop motion film or something... I know SI don't support Tiger, but I don't think that's the issue and I am sure my computer is good enough to handle the game as it can handle some pretty decent programs for art.

Doruk,

I have the same specs as you, although in a 2006 iMac. I also get the 'stop motion' on the 3D Match Engine.....

Hopefully, but i doubt it....the patch might optimise the programming/code for the game and things might improve. Apart from that, game is great....just waiting for Mac Patch!!!!!

Of course the patch will apply to to saved games! The data for calculating such things is NOT stored within the save game archive so how would it not change when you update?! Saved games simply store the state of players in your current game (i.e, what club they're at, their condition, stats, etc), NOT game functions like injury rates.

that's what I thought, but a couple posts had me worried, and I wanted to make sure

Guest Serb_Gus_Hiddink
so... any news

No news yet...hopefully some news will arrive that will make us all experience a happiness that can only be felt with a woman.

Guest Serb_Gus_Hiddink

What do people think of the new 3D look?(if you can ignore the obvious bugs that are present) Do you guys think it is promising?

Could someone from SI please announce when the patch is estimated to be out?

I've been waiting like everyone else for the whole weekend, and I started out whit alot of optimisim, but i've turned kinnda... bitter...

I would just like to know, if its within an hour or, within a day...

Sorry for my bad english..

What do people think of the new 3D look?(if you can ignore the obvious bugs that are present) Do you guys think it is promising?

Well at low level of detail it looks crap. And since we can't change it to anything higher than that...

Also, the stadiums and pitch looks like it could use some anti-aliasing.

I'm as frustrated as everyone, but we do need to give them time to get things sorted!

If they haven't got an announcement before midday, then i'm on the band wagon too, but i would rather they were getting on sorting out the patch rather than replying to us. Or, even worse still, tell us a time and for them then not to release when they say they will.

I'm sure i'll be shouted down for this, but i have paid my money just like the rest of you and been waiting since Friday morning to get started!

I'm as frustrated as everyone, but we do need to give them time to get things sorted!

Here, here!

I couldn't agree more, we do need to give them time, and I'm sure they'll be working hard to ensure the patch is released as soon as possible.

We've all been promised by Marc that the patch will be today, and as long as we hear if this is going to be possible today I'll be dissappointed, but not angry.

Trouble is we're used to being a football crowd, so we do tend to go a little over the top when it comes to anything to do with that game both real or virtual.

Onkster

Guest Serb_Gus_Hiddink

I am interested in whether there are any Mac FM sites or can anyone explain to me how to install facepacks, skins and other such things on a Mac (specifically a Macbook). I would appreciate any explanation on how this is done.

I am interested in whether there are any Mac FM sites or can anyone explain to me how to install facepacks, skins and other such things on a Mac (specifically a Macbook). I would appreciate any explanation on how this is done.

For skins, copy the skin into -> /Documents/Sports Interactive/skins.

For logos, copy the logos into -> /Documents/Sports Interactive/graphics/logos.

I am really starting to get impatient with SI i gave them a chance to get it sorted over the weekend but its monday morining and still no sign this is getting daft.

Once the patch is released and i have downloaded it do you have to open it or anything or the next time u open football manger will it automatically use the patch?

Please help

Thanks

9:36 no update :(

the whole injury thing of my squad is taking the mick, I mean, the computer must be laughing at me, it doesn't get my lesser players injured, like Eboue, oh no, it will only go and injury my star players !! thats just a slap in the face !

no update this morning? Hopefully that means they are busy cranking on this, but it would be nice to have an update.

Also, I can't help feeling for those mac FM fans who don't use the forum. There is no indication of a mac patch anywhere on the main sites. I'm surprised to see that unless you came into the forum, you wouldn't know that the patch mentioned on the main sites is PC only.

Once the patch is released and i have downloaded it do you have to open it or anything or the next time u open football manger will it automatically use the patch?

Please help

Thanks

Ok, I'm not an expert on Macs, but seem to remember from FM2008...

You'll need to download the file, double click it and then follow the on screen prompts, this installs the patch. Once patched the game will use it automatically.

Cheers

Onkster

Ok, I'm not an expert on Macs, but seem to remember from FM2008...

You'll need to download the file, double click it and then follow the on screen prompts, this installs the patch. Once patched the game will use it automatically.

Cheers

Onkster

Cheers mate

I suppose we will have to wait and see when SI decided they can be arsed to release the patch. I feel we have majorly been screwed over they take our £30 and now the arent bothered.

If anyone else has any information regarding running the patch it would be apprictiated.

Cheers

Does anyone know of a way to save your shortlist of players? Going to start a new game once patch is out but don't wanna lose some jazz players I have found. And I can't be bothered to write down on paper the players then type them into the game again in the new one. PLEASE say there is a way!

i haven't bothered to play the game since friday, i just can't dedicate myself to a file with all the injuries

would be nice to get a rough time that it'll be released though, got a 5 hour train journey at 7 and would love to just sit there and play FM for the whole time!

Does anyone know of a way to save your shortlist of players? Going to start a new game once patch is out but don't wanna lose some jazz players I have found. And I can't be bothered to write down on paper the players then type them into the game again in the new one. PLEASE say there is a way!

all you do is go to your shortlist and in the bottom right of the screen there is a shortlist button, click it and the save option comes up

i haven't bothered to play the game since friday, i just can't dedicate myself to a file with all the injuries

would be nice to get a rough time that it'll be released though, got a 5 hour train journey at 7 and would love to just sit there and play FM for the whole time!

Have to admit, I started a game on Friday, took me almost a season to get a job (always start unemployed), played 2 games and had 7 players out injured, since then I've not touched it.

Although I think my wife's been happier, something about being able to have a conversation without me grumbling about tactics or suddenly yelling 'That's offside, you can't give that surely?' or 'shoot, no don't pass it there... idiots!' :p

Cheers

Onkster

Archived