STEAM sales active now

Hi,

Due to overwhelming demand people that have purchased through STEAM should now be able to download and activate the game.

If we get fired tomorrow, will you chip in to pay the mortgage?

Thanks

Ben

This only applies to countries with a November 14th release date. WWSM purchasers, and those of FM09 with later release dates will have their authentication servers turned on the night before their release.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

Due to overwhelming demand people that have purchased through STEAM should now be able to download and activate the game.

Thanks

Ben

This only applies to countries with a November 14th release date. WWSM purchasers, and those of FM09 with later release dates will have their authentication servers turned on the night before their release.

I hope you don't get fired...that would be a tad harsh. I'm sure people who couldn't wait until midnight will be very happy - I'm waiting until tomorrow to buy a box - with FM in it I might add, not just a box! :)

Appreciate this Ben

Still waiting for the link to update but I am sure it will soon, it just gives us abit more time to play the game before work commitments force us to bed!!!

I guess in a way you can take the passionate responses on here as a tribute to an excellent series of games. After all if the games weren't the best we wouldn't care quite so much!!

Thanks again

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

82882114lu1.png

Does that include THIS 14?

I knew I shouldnt have come online tonight... now I wanna play! I gotta wait 12 more hours untill the mailman arrives! He'd better ring my doorbell REALLY REALLY hard to wake me up... I might set my alarm to be sure and put a chair infront of the mailbox :D

Can those for whom it's still showing "unreleased" please try closing down / ending STEAM in their task manager and then try it again and tell me whether it still says "unreleased"

Cheers

Ben

Tried it, including closing browser. Still says unreleased (live in Belgium btw)

Can those for whom it's still showing "unreleased" please try closing down / ending STEAM in their task manager and then try it again and tell me whether it still says "unreleased"

Cheers

Ben

Hi

Yeah I tried that and it still says unreleased. I am new to Steam, maybe they just have to do it a bit at a time, maybe we are all on different servers

In keeping with the hoops I've had to jump through to get the demo to run, I'm now apparently unworthy of purchasing the full game through Steam. Three times it's refused to accept my Paypal purchase, crashing each time when I press the confirmation screen.

Oh well, it's their loss, my local retailer will get my money instead.

Cheers

Ben

Ben,

It does indeedy. Cheers for trying to help out!

Cheers

Ben

Done it 3 times now, still says unreleased.

I live in Belgium (releasedate is officially the 14th) but it still can't be activated. :( The Steam website also shows:

Available: November 14th, 2008

This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 0 hours

Solution?

The counter is a mistake on STEAM's part I believe but I'm told that we can ignore that.

It should be saying released though... has anyone tried ending task on STEAM and had any joy?

Archived