STEAM sales active now

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does it download as an install file? just wonderign coz i would like to use it on a computer that doesnt have internet....would the boxed version be better for this? or can i do this with the steam version.....i ask coz the demo just installed when i downloaded it....so i didnt have an install file to take across onto other computers.

any help would be appriciated :)

I will beat this like a dead horse. If you go out of your way for "overwhelming demand" in all other countries why can't you do that for Poland, Czech Rep., Slovakia and the US? Not enough buys on steam?

Hi,

I know getting the game later is a frustration, it's nothing to do with the level of demand, or sales through STEAM (which I beleive are no better to us than through anyone else).

Most years WWSM comes later than FM as the US generally release on a Tuesday, whereas most markets release on a Friday. As the majority of sales are outside the US we release FM first and WWSM second. I'm not 100% on the reasoning behind the delay for Poland Czech and Slovakia, who all have good FM communities, but I assure you it's not to do with sales levels.

Thanks

Ben

Probably. But what should I do? If I don't have opportunity to buy Football Manager 2009 I will be made to use cracked version :( Any legal variants for me?

I guess you could hide your IP through a proxy or something or you could import a boxed version from abroad - but I'm not sega so I can't really say too much of any use.

Im in Dubai, UAE. If I purchase via steam, can I activate it immediately too or not? It says November 14 for me on the Steam page too...

Im from Bahrain and purchased through Steam, everything went well, game is up and running ^^ ! You dont have to enter any code if you purchase through steam.

Hi,

Due to overwhelming demand people that have purchased through STEAM should now be able to download and activate the game.

If we get fired tomorrow, will you chip in to pay the mortgage?

Thanks

Ben

This only applies to countries with a November 14th release date. WWSM purchasers, and those of FM09 with later release dates will have their authentication servers turned on the night before their release.

hi there guys is the new patch already included when you buy the game from steam?

As Steam sales are now active, Should I be able to activate my version that I purchased on the announced release date and activate it via steam?

I am from Aus, can i keep getting CD Invalid after restarting steam. I have only 1 letter that may be a number and both combinations do not work. Can you confirm that Australians can activate via Steam or if not, when they will be?

Thank you,

yes, but at sigames.com, there's only an assignement for the demo...... you already know more?

I know we are probably screwed and won't get to play the game tobight. I'm trying to install it on another computer now just to check. but that computer has hickups and is not good to play the game.

I know we are probably screwed and won't get to play the game tobight. I'm trying to install it on another computer now just to check. but that computer has hickups and is not good to play the game.

Was not asked for code on the other computer. FFS this anti piracy sucks. Now I'll have to reinstall windows on my main computer to be able to play FM09 on it. probably crashing with another rootkit installed with another game I've bought.

You can find your CD Key if you bought from steam in your registry at this location

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\Users\41970 925\cdkeys (the number under users is different from user to user)

Thanks to opportuno for this method :)

Australians should definitely be able to activate, both downloaded digital purchases from STEAM and activation of boxed copy should be active.

I am still receiving CD Key Invalid after using the tool linked here as well:

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

I have restarted steam twice, and crashed it via task manager as well. It's still not letting me activate.

You can find your CD Key if you bought from steam in your registry at this location

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\Users\41970 925\cdkeys (the number under users is different from user to user)

Sorry to sound dumb but how do i find this

Sorry to sound dumb but how do i find this

Start-> Run -> Type in "regedit" , on the left ull see "folders", browse them according to the location i have posted above.

Warning: Dont edit/move/delete ANYTHING in any of the registries

Start-> Run -> Type in "regedit" , on the left ull see "folders", browse them according to the location i have posted above.

You legend thanks

My bro found his key but he's getting this message

"We're sorry but this installation of Football Managers 2009 Certificate could not be activation for the following reason. The application was unable to connect to the Internet. Please check your connection"

Websites work fine?

What about Canada? Oh yeah right I forgot we have to wait for the stores that apparently stock this game (never seen it anywhere) to open on Tuesday while the rest of the world plays it all weekend!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRG this has to be the best blueprint of all-time for a publishing company on how to NOT release a product. What a gong show

This Steam thing is unbelievable. First no key, I come on here and find the key using the method posted, put it in, and it still doesnt work.

You sure you entered the right one ? It should be 25 characters.

I entered mine at the FM club thingy and got registered right away.

Hi,

I know getting the game later is a frustration, it's nothing to do with the level of demand, or sales through STEAM (which I beleive are no better to us than through anyone else).

Most years WWSM comes later than FM as the US generally release on a Tuesday, whereas most markets release on a Friday. As the majority of sales are outside the US we release FM first and WWSM second. I'm not 100% on the reasoning behind the delay for Poland Czech and Slovakia, who all have good FM communities, but I assure you it's not to do with sales levels.

Thanks

Ben

But you went out of your way to please the rest of the world. Is there really nothing you can do to make the game playable in Eastern Europe?

PS I'm 95% certain the delay is due to translation issues (it's like that every year over here)

quick question for steam users:

if i download via steam does steam automatically install it also (like it does with the demo)?? or does it download a big ZIP or EXE file which i then use to install?

because i want to download it here at work and then copy it to a USB drive to take to my PC at home. is this possible or is it all fully installed etc etc?

Archived