FM09 Activation process announcement

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
some people dont get it that the release date isnt here yet. why complain? the people who complain because they cant play a game before its official release date are just being childish.

could not agree more i wont be playing till the 14th and i think everyone else can wait to !!!!! well said m8

with later release dates such as the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia for Football Manager 2009 and Worldwide Soccer Manager in the USA will have servers turned active for midnight before their respective releases.

"

So WWSM is now officially not available on the 14th as was originally promised ? (the question has been completely ignored every time someone has asked about)

This is the first official word on this.

/golf clap everyone involved

how have you installed it? Also i thought Macs had to register still via Uniloc or phone? Just not by STEAM? I didn't realise they would be able to play it without doing this! Its pretty Unfair!

I didn't realise that? So I just have to load the DVD, install and hey presto? That's less of a headache I suppose for me until I wear the disc out or lose it.

ive always known WWSM to be avaliable on the 17th. FM on the 14th. i dont know why but thats the way it is.

It was originally listed as being released on the 14th on Steam when most people pre-ordered. Steam then quietly changed the date in one place to the 17th (the second place still displayed the 14th) and then two days ago they changed the 2nd date to the 17th.

SEGA and SI have yet to comment on this, so US Steam customers are having to make presumptions.

Hello from Bulgaria :) I am a researcher and I received the game today :) But I have problems with the keycode.Neither Steam,nor Uniloc accept my keycode :confused: What is the problem ?

You need to make more research. LoL just kidding, read the OP.

Like everyone else I dont want to mess this up and I want to get things clear in my head prior to Friday otherwise it will keep me awake at night!!

So.....

1. Buy the game from a retailer

2. Take it home and stick the disk in the pc as normal

3. It will start to install and then ask me how I wish to do this STEAM/PHONE/UNILOC

4. I tick 'STEAM'

5. It takes me to their website and I register and input my individual code

6. It carries on installing and asks me if I want the patch

Is this correct? Is it worthwhile me registering with STEAM prior to attempting to install the game (ie tonight) or will that just complicate things?

Bare in mind I didnt download the demo

Like everyone else I dont want to mess this up and I want to get things clear in my head prior to Friday otherwise it will keep me awake at night!!

So.....

1. Buy the game from a retailer

2. Take it home and stick the disk in the pc as normal

3. It will start to install and then ask me how I wish to do this STEAM/PHONE/UNILOC

4. I tick 'STEAM'

5. It takes me to their website and I register and input my individual code

6. It carries on installing and asks me if I want the patch

Is this correct? Is it worthwhile me registering with STEAM prior to attempting to install the game (ie tonight) or will that just complicate things?

Bare in mind I didnt download the demo

Sounds about right. I would advise to download the demo just to write down the bugs so you know the guys at si did a good job after you installed the patch. :)

Hello from Bulgaria :) I am a researcher and I received the game today :) But I have problems with the keycode.Neither Steam,nor Uniloc accept my keycode :confused: What is the problem ?

Your a resarcher, yet this is your 1st post, and you don't know about the activation? Hmmmm.....................

SEGA have today confirmed that activation servers for Football Manager 2009 will be turned on shortly before midnight on Thursday 13th November in time for the release date of Friday November 14th across Europe.

Markets with later release dates such as the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia for Football Manager 2009 and Worldwide Soccer Manager in the USA will have servers turned active for midnight before their respective releases.

Quite frankly this is ripping the people who already ordered via STEAM off. And nobody has said anything about what is the reason for the delay. I suspect it's translation issues but, as I've said before, I don't care about the translation and wanted the english version of the game.

Quite frankly this is ripping the people who already ordered via STEAM off. And nobody has said anything about what is the reason for the delay. I suspect it's translation issues but, as I've said before, I don't care about the translation and wanted the english version of the game.

How is this ripping people off? We have clear release dates - due to retailers breaking our guidelines we have had to adapt our strategy. Yes, some SKU's require translation, but whilst you may want an English copy, many non-english speakers do not - this is the reason for the delay, would you rather we put back the other SKU's until all the translations are done? Thought not :D

I realise you are frustrated, but posting comments like this do very little to change the situation and end up making the forum boards more depressing.

Miles said recently that the timing for the patch release really depended on when it got through QA - he didn't seem to expect it before Friday morning, but that if it was ready earlier, it would be available earlier.

I'll see if I can find the quote.

Edit:

The quote is here:

The patch will be released once it has been verified by our QA team. I'm not expecting this to happen til Friday morning, but if it happens earlier, then it will be released earlier.

That was on the 10th though.

How is this ripping people off? We have clear release dates - due to retailers breaking our guidelines we have had to adapt our strategy. Yes, some SKU's require translation, but whilst you may want an English copy, many non-english speakers do not - this is the reason for the delay, would you rather we put back the other SKU's until all the translations are done? Thought not :D

I realise you are frustrated, but posting comments like this do very little to change the situation and end up making the forum boards more depressing.

Unfortunately I realize I can't change the situation but why shouldn't I be able to voice my discontent? I don't want to sound depressing I'm amped for the game and as you stated it's frustrating, because the original "FM available on steam" news item did not say anything about delays in certain markets. I buy FM every year and know that the release date in Poland is always pushed back because of translation issues (and the publisher can't even be bothered to include english language files in the final product, at least that was the case in 07. I ordered 08 from the UK to avoid this) so when I read it's going to be available globally on steam I thought that was a good idea to get the exact game that I want along with everyone else on the earliest possible date. My understanding is that if someone didn't want an English copy he can wait that extra week to get his game translated and now if I understand you correctly it's the Polish retailers fault that the game gets pushed back over here, right?

I don't know if it's just me but i don't get all the people wanting to activate the game earlier than friday. I mean, the patch that fixes the injury bug is only out on friday so why would you want to start a new game before its out?

Because as you've probably noticed the people on this forum are impatient as hell when it comes to the ability to play fm;) Anyway the patches are save game compatable so will work on a game that you've already started unless they contain a data update.

Yeah. Same here. I don't care about polish translation. I'm from Poland, but like more english version (it's force of habit, i'm playing CM/FM since version 3, there were no polish language at all). I wanted to order it via Steam to obtain english version - but I see there is no possibility, so I won't buy FM 09 at all.

Is it Today going into Thursday as that is what it should be I just think for some reason I could be wrong :D

"activation servers for Football Manager 2009 will be turned on shortly before midnight on Thursday 13th November"

From the opening post.

Today is Weds. So.................................

Archived