FM09 Activation process announcement

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have the game already and i'm from australia when can i activate the game??

at midnight on the 13th of november or on the 14th after 6:00pm ??

if anyone could answer this i would really appriciate it

it will probably be going by UK time.

Message has changed now here down under - says 1 day and 21 hours now, i.e. Friday midnight. Thats BS - from being before UK its now 11 hours after UK...... They have no idea about time zones I assume..

PS: Pre-load still stops in the 90's % and reverts to "pre-load starting" and tels me I have downloaded 0% -- any idea how much of my allowance I have waisted already? If I knew this I would NOT have bought through Steam!!

Message has changed now here down under - says 1 day and 21 hours now, i.e. Friday midnight. Thats BS - from being before UK its now 11 hours after UK...... They have no idea about time zones I assume..

PS: Pre-load still stops in the 90's % and reverts to "pre-load starting" and tels me I have downloaded 0% -- any idea how much of my allowance I have waisted already? If I knew this I would NOT have bought through Steam!!

You would be downloading over at least 1 Gb each time it gets to 90%.

Have you got enough HD space for the download?

Yes dont just keep trying , Close down the program restart the pc then retry.

Closing the security programs (anti-virus and anti-spy) and restarting did the trick. It would have been nice if the told you to do this beforehand......

Still peed off that they changed the release date and time exactly at the time it was announced for some time to go live - not impressed at all.

Well forcing people in North America to buy WWSM instead of FM and then releasing WWSM a few days after the English release is a bit of an irratation. Why not gives us the option to buy and download (whether it's WWSM or FM) the version we actually want? Now that would be customer service. But I guess keeping the sales pie charts accurate is more important.

On one hand you tell the people on these boards who have already bought the game and can't activate it that it's only fair that everyone can activate the game and play it on the same day.... that is unless you live in a country with a later release date. In which case we have to sit around and twiddle our thumbs while others are enjoying the game. I guess fair is in the eyes of the beholder.

I've asked our American office to review their plan on FM for next year in the light of the questions asked on this board. I can't do much more than that, I'm afraid.

As for release delays - this happens across the entire industry and a range of other entertainment.

never read anything so silly... activation code? give me a break, who cares if some foolish retailers release the game a couple days early.
It's not really about preventing early releases. It's DRM.

It's partly about preventing early release. It's partly about protecting the code for as long as possible. It's not supposed to be an inconvenience and wouldn't be to anyone if retailers didn't sell the game early.

you are an offensive knob...jews next?
It was a joke and hardly offensive, HTFU princess.
No, but it's offensive enough. It's roughly the same vein of humour as football jokes about the world wars and Germany, and I don't fancy reading them on the forum either.

It's been referred to the moderators - enough comments now please. This needs to stay on topic.

Hi,

A few people have posted some questions regarding the STEAM download process and as yet I cant see any relevant answers.

I have download the game via STEAM (pre-loaded).....I have no .exe file as a result of the download, is this correct? How do I run the game?

How do I authenticate through STEAM as a result of a download via STEAM? I have not been given an authentication code....some people have assumed that this is not required because we must play the game through STEAM but I have read in previous posts that this is not the case (playing through STEAM). The only thing I can presume is that if you download from STEAM then the game will automatically be authenticated at midnight.

Could somebody please clarify?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for sounding like an utter dummy boys, but may i just ask what's Steam and Uniloc? I don't understand about all this, could some please explain it to me?

Basically, security systems.

Just install the game as usual and follow the prompts - its easy.

Hi,

I have download the game via STEAM (pre-loaded).....I have no .exe file as a result of the download, is this correct? How do I run the game?

How do I authenticate through STEAM as a result of a download via STEAM? I have not been given an authentication code....some people have assumed that this is not required because we must play the game through STEAM but I have read in previous posts that this is not the case (playing through STEAM). The only thing I can presume is that if you download from STEAM then the game will automatically be authenticated at midnight.

Thanks in advance!

Pre-load downloads *most* of the software. When the game activates, you'll need a short download to finalise installing and then be able to play.

I think you're correct on the install / auth code thing - not required as you've done a download.

I know its a pain, dont know now if it wont install because steam isnt ready to authenticate the code or the code is being entered wrong

Currently, it's because Steam isn't ready. When the auth servers are activated late today, it will work.

can someone please clear this up. I have received the game today from play.com. when entering the code it says invalid. is it my code thats wrong or am i not able to register just yet? (sorry, lack of sleep is meaning im a bit stupid right now)

can someone please clear this up. I have received the game today from play.com. when entering the code it says invalid. is it my code thats wrong or am i not able to register just yet? (sorry, lack of sleep is meaning im a bit stupid right now)

You can't register until the servers go online around midnight tonight. It's been asked/answered quite a lot in this thread.

Archived