Display

•15.6" HD Slim

•LED Backlit

•Resolution: 1366 x 768

Graphics

•NVIDIA Geforce 820( N15V-GM) DDR3 2GB

•Intel HD Graphics 4400

Cheers again

The one I posted would probably be better.

They're similar enough - hard to draw a line between them.

Whatever floats your boat, my original comment still stands.

Alright cheers, yeah I know, just can't really stretch much further at the moment, might save till Christmas time and pick one up just after that

I know that this is obviously a top class PC but I wonder how many leagues and/or just how quickly the game will run and would it be suitable for all leagues/players?

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache

Motherboard Gigabyte Z170-HD3P: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs

Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X FURY DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - DVI, HDMI, 2 x mDP - 3D Vision Ready

1st Hard Disk 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

RAM will most likely change to 8GB can't imagine it will make that much difference though.

I'd leave it at 16gb - no harm and obviously better - not much effect for FM though.

It's a top class computer - how many leauges and quick the game goes is an ambigious question - it's always try and see.

It's safe to say you won't have too many issues with running a lot of leauges and a large database.

I'd leave it at 16gb - no harm and obviously better - not much effect for FM though.

It's a top class computer - how many leauges and quick the game goes is an ambigious question - it's always try and see.

It's safe to say you won't have too many issues with running a lot of leauges and a large database.

Just to note as well - you can tone back the graphics card, unless you're going to be doing 3D modelling.

1gb graphics card is more than enough, even for video editing.

If it only comes in that then that's fine.

Companies often tack on 2gb/3gb/4gb graphics cards as a selling point. Whereas for gaming 1gb graphics card is more than enough.

All those games require a recommended 1gb graphics card.

No harm in having more though. And who's to say that you won't need it in 4 years time?

If it only comes in that then that's fine.

Companies often tack on 2gb/3gb/4gb graphics cards as a selling point. Whereas for gaming 1gb graphics card is more than enough.

All those games require a recommended 1gb graphics card.

No harm in having more though. And who's to say that you won't need it in 4 years time?

I have read your posts in this thread for some time now and I was suspicious that you don't know what you are talking about, but this post of yours finally proved it!!

GTA V requires more than 1GB of VRAM (1066MB to be exact) on lowest settings at 1080p resolution and just a little below 4GB of VRAM to max it out at 1080p resolution... Of course GTX 970 won't be able to max out GTA V, but it will be able to handle it on very high settings which still would require at least 3GB of VRAM or are you saying that he have invested 1500$ (or whatever that PC costs) in PC to play games on low settings and ancient resolutions?!?

I have read your posts in this thread for some time now and I was suspicious that you don't know what you are talking about, but this post of yours finally proved it!!

GTA V requires more than 1GB of VRAM (1066MB to be exact) on lowest settings at 1080p resolution and just a little below 4GB of VRAM to max it out at 1080p resolution... Of course GTX 970 won't be able to max out GTA V, but it will be able to handle it on very high settings which still would require at least 3GB of VRAM or are you saying that he have invested 1500$ (or whatever that PC costs) in PC to play games on low settings and ancient resolutions?!?

I'm not defending the other guy, but you are wrong that gta V 'requires' more than 1gb VRAM.

I have seen it running absolutely fine on 1gb cards.

Hi Eugene,

Apologies for singling you out on this thread but you seem to be the man in the know. I haven't progressed beyond FM12 due to laptop capabilities and have decided its time to rectify that and invest in a new one. My only real requirements from a laptop are a bit of FM longevity, a bit of Minecraft for my lad and casual browsing.

I tend to play 8 divisions on commentary mode so my graphics requirements aren't huge, although I realise there is probably a graphics card spec I need to observe to play minecraft. I've been following this thread for weeks to try and get my head around things and have taken note of the two following laptops that you've recommended:

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CZ5840-1010SR-Cube-Chameleon-CZ-5840_1811159.html

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CZ5840-644ES-Cube-Chameleon-CZ-5840_1778472.html

Now £100 is obviously a significant amount so I was just wondering what the main differences would be between the two laptops for the requirements I’ve mentioned above given the processors appear to be the same.

Many thanks.

Hi Eugene,

Apologies for singling you out on this thread but you seem to be the man in the know. I haven't progressed beyond FM12 due to laptop capabilities and have decided its time to rectify that and invest in a new one. My only real requirements from a laptop are a bit of FM longevity, a bit of Minecraft for my lad and casual browsing.

I tend to play 8 divisions on commentary mode so my graphics requirements aren't huge, although I realise there is probably a graphics card spec I need to observe to play minecraft. I've been following this thread for weeks to try and get my head around things and have taken note of the two following laptops that you've recommended:

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CZ5840-1010SR-Cube-Chameleon-CZ-5840_1811159.html

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CZ5840-644ES-Cube-Chameleon-CZ-5840_1778472.html

Now £100 is obviously a significant amount so I was just wondering what the main differences would be between the two laptops for the requirements I’ve mentioned above given the processors appear to be the same.

Many thanks.

The SSD drive, you get less storage but it's way faster when you boot up the computer, launch applications and transfer files.

In FM you will notice that the game launches quicker and that saving and loading games will be superfast.

I may have understated what I meant. Which happens when things are being rushed.

I always give my opinion on these forums biased towards playing FM.

My advise was not to downgrade to a 1gb because you won't really need it, my advise was to sacrifice the higher end card for hardware upgrade in a different area that would best suit FM.

1gb cards can play GTA fine, but you'll find on lower end processors that it staggers. It's all about balance.

You could use a 2gb GTX 750ti and get awesome results using a high end processor.

Of course, you're dead right - why go low on a spec if you're spending that much money? Just get the best.

However, my caveat was that a lot of people put a 2gb graphics in a computer as a selling point - and they do - and they low spec a lot of the other components. People make a connection that having a 2gb graphics card is better and see the larger number and go for that without considering the rest of the specs.

I may not explain myself fully, but it's rude to say that I don't know what I'm talking about.

The advise I give out is based on getting someone a computer best suited for FM - I don't have to expain fully all the time as to why I think it's better. It's one man's opinion and if you have a different opinion then pipe up. Don't sit there waiting to pounce on a slip up.

If you want to play GTA on full resolution a high end 3gb videos card would be best.

It will use 6gb ram - so 8gb would be ok - but you'd really need 16gb RAM.

An i5 processor is what's needed to hit those 60fps but the more cores you have the better the performance.

Ultimately you want to move the graphics handling to the processor to remove any bottleneck you may get from the graphics card.

That's why on this particular persons computer they were using the i7 6700k which has a built in gpu similar to the GTX 920m - which is why I suggested that they could scale back on the Graphics Card to a 1gb - which in retrospect is a bit low and was bad advice.

But thanks for bringing it to my attention that I don't know what I'm talking about.

The SSD drive, you get less storage but it's way faster when you boot up the computer, launch applications and transfer files.

In FM you will notice that the game launches quicker and that saving and loading games will be superfast.

I see - many thanks for your reply!

I may have understated what I meant. Which happens when things are being rushed.

I always give my opinion on these forums biased towards playing FM.

My advise was not to downgrade to a 1gb because you won't really need it, my advise was to sacrifice the higher end card for hardware upgrade in a different area that would best suit FM.

1gb cards can play GTA fine, but you'll find on lower end processors that it staggers. It's all about balance.

You could use a 2gb GTX 750ti and get awesome results using a high end processor.

Of course, you're dead right - why go low on a spec if you're spending that much money? Just get the best.

However, my caveat was that a lot of people put a 2gb graphics in a computer as a selling point - and they do - and they low spec a lot of the other components. People make a connection that having a 2gb graphics card is better and see the larger number and go for that without considering the rest of the specs.

I may not explain myself fully, but it's rude to say that I don't know what I'm talking about.

The advise I give out is based on getting someone a computer best suited for FM - I don't have to expain fully all the time as to why I think it's better. It's one man's opinion and if you have a different opinion then pipe up. Don't sit there waiting to pounce on a slip up.

If you want to play GTA on full resolution a high end 3gb videos card would be best.

It will use 6gb ram - so 8gb would be ok - but you'd really need 16gb RAM.

An i5 processor is what's needed to hit those 60fps but the more cores you have the better the performance.

Ultimately you want to move the graphics handling to the processor to remove any bottleneck you may get from the graphics card.

That's why on this particular persons computer they were using the i7 6700k which has a built in gpu similar to the GTX 920m - which is why I suggested that they could scale back on the Graphics Card to a 1gb - which in retrospect is a bit low and was bad advice.

But thanks for bringing it to my attention that I don't know what I'm talking about.

First of all, I just wanted to apologize for writting up, that you don't know what you are talking about - it was way too harsh from me... In self defense of myself I just wanted to point out that you based your opinion about GTA V and 1GB of VRAM by looking and minimum system requirements, if so then by that logic you should suggest that all FM players should get only 1GB of RAM, because that's a minimal requirements for FM or 2GB at best, because it's recommended for FM and for Windows (64bit) too and don't look for anything more...

Anyway I apologize, on more time, for my harsh comment and I hope that there won't be any hard feeling between us!

Absolutely - I agree with you and no hard feelings.

I briefly looked at the GTA V specs and it says the min specs are 1gb and the recommended is 2gb graphics card.

I mistakenly took the min specs as the recommended.

My bad - as it's not a GTA V forum I'll leave it there.

If Im looking to make my Macbook a bit faster, is going from 8GB RAM to 16GB RAM, or swapping my hard drive to a SSD the better option? I also dont have a graphics card as far as Im aware, or at least a poor one as I always play with low settings in 3d, but upgrading the graphics card wouldnt help with the overall sped would it?

If Im looking to make my Macbook a bit faster, is going from 8GB RAM to 16GB RAM, or swapping my hard drive to a SSD the better option? I also dont have a graphics card as far as Im aware, or at least a poor one as I always play with low settings in 3d, but upgrading the graphics card wouldnt help with the overall sped would it?

FM is still a 32bit application so upgrading to 16 gb won't make any difference. SSD will only make saving and loading faster ingame. Graphics card upgrade will give you better fidelity and FPS during a match.

Bottleneck is probably your CPU and throttling due to the heat.

Do you mean videos like this...

[video=youtube;j6Yn-pGVs6M]

No, obviously I do not mean videos like that one.

You claimed it 'required' more than 1gb of Vram and I was only trying to point out it doesn't.

Clearly I was referring to the many videos (which I'm sure you saw when you searched) which actually show the game running without problems, and which you chose to ignore.

http://www.littlewoods.com/zoostorm-intelreg-coretrade-i5-processor-8gb-ram-2tb-storage-nvidia-geforce-gtx-960-2gb-dedicated-graphics-wi-fi-236-inch-monitor-desktop-bundle-black/1460409238.prd

Can I get opinions on this please?will it run fm well? Sick of only loading 2 nations and having to make do with a slow laptop and crappy looking graphics on 3d engine.

It's a crapshoot really - don't know what to say - not enough info to go on.

What is your budget? And is it a laptop or desktop - and if so what size screen - do you want portability or a stay in place laptop? Noise a factor?

What do you want the game to do well for you, run lots of leagues, run a few leagues, play 3d graphics - low or high quality?

http://www.littlewoods.com/zoostorm-intelreg-coretrade-i5-processor-8gb-ram-2tb-storage-nvidia-geforce-gtx-960-2gb-dedicated-graphics-wi-fi-236-inch-monitor-desktop-bundle-black/1460409238.prd

Can I get opinions on this please?will it run fm well? Sick of only loading 2 nations and having to make do with a slow laptop and crappy looking graphics on 3d engine.

Looks good!

It's a crapshoot really - don't know what to say - not enough info to go on.

What is your budget? And is it a laptop or desktop - and if so what size screen - do you want portability or a stay in place laptop? Noise a factor?

What do you want the game to do well for you, run lots of leagues, run a few leagues, play 3d graphics - low or high quality?

Thanks for the feedback, my budget is around £500, Don't mind whether laptop or desktop, reckon a desktop would get me a better deal, so just basically need a tower. Noise isn't a factor as long as it's quieter than an airplane getting ready for take off.

Want to run alot of leagues if possible, don't mind about the graphics, currently play 3d but isn't great quality.

Thanks for the feedback, my budget is around £500, Don't mind whether laptop or desktop, reckon a desktop would get me a better deal, so just basically need a tower. Noise isn't a factor as long as it's quieter than an airplane getting ready for take off.

Want to run alot of leagues if possible, don't mind about the graphics, currently play 3d but isn't great quality.

Providing you might already have a monitor

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/10AW008QUK-Lenovo-ThinkCentre-Edge-E73-Small-Form-F_1651732.html

Good thing about desktops is that they are upgradeable - moreso than a laptop.

Look into this and what parts you might be able to get in the future - like a graphics card etc.

Right now, I'd wait untill laptops with the new Intel generation (Skylake) processors are in the stores. Some are already. If buying a laptop with the older generation processor, I'd want (demand) a substantial discount. At least you should be aware that the different shops and vendors now are in a race to get rid of their stocks of laptops with older hardware, and you should try exploit that fact. Some shops will not automatically discount their outdated laptops, but keep their usual pricing, relying on their customers being unaware of what's going on. And they often get away with it. Now you know better.

Hi guys,

Decided its time to upgrade from my Intel celeron desktop...

Budget is £500. I don't know much about computers though. All I will use it for is playing FM. I watch on 2D and would like to be able to run 4-5 leagues and it not be slow like my current one is.

Is this any good for the price and what I have listed?

http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Home+and+Office/Next+Day+Systems/GLADIATOR+Intel+i5-4590+%283.30GHz+Quad-Core%29+Next+Day+Desktop+PC+?productId=63509

Thanks for your help

I'm looking too - can anyone please assist

Have a budget of around £600 but I can stretch it a little higher at Argos as I get 17% off

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2585444.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3685202.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3628850.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

I only play FM Classic but want to be able to play things like Sim City too in the future

Can anyone advise on the above, or alternatively offer a suggestion as to something from another site which has better specs for the money

Of those 3 the one with the 4720HQ CPU and R9 M265X GPU is the best.

The first one is pretty good too - reading the Q&A on the site a staff member indicates it's a 4gb 860m Graphics card - which is slightly better than the raedon.

The real thing to consider here between the two is if you want a 15inch or 17 inch screen.

Both are quite good.

Of those 3 the one with the 4720HQ CPU and R9 M265X GPU is the best.

BuryBlade, do you want a new complete tower or upgrade and re-use old parts like your case, HDD, RAM and PSU and buy a new motherboard, CPU and GPU to install yourself?

I would have no idea what I was doing so for convenience sake I would say just a new tower that is pre made and all I have to do is install the OS.

Archived