FM 19 Tycoon takeover thread

BasOM2000

On 25/11/2018 at 12:08, Armistice said:

I know people looking for tycoon saves, but is it possible to have different owners at PSG? Hoping for owners with less money to offer the manager.

Yea, you can trigger a takeover with all the normal takeover types in there not just tycoon. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, gotlandskommun said:

i dont know but i didnt get any money to buy for.. =( they mayby get money when geting to PL

He's a underwriter Tycoon. I can modify and make it a Foreground so he pumps money. 

1 minute ago, gotlandskommun said:

thanks alot =)

Np.

Notice:

I will be doing some more Tycoons later. Been busy with work+ trying to enjoy the game. I'll be releasing a few after 19.2 as am running the public beta so you might not be able to load the save. 

1 minute ago, Amarante said:

Np.

Notice:

I will be doing some more Tycoons later. Been busy with work+ trying to enjoy the game. I'll be releasing a few after 19.2 as am running the public beta so you might not be able to load the save. 

okey thats why i couldnt load it =) looking forward for the new ones =)

First of all. I playing the game in German and tried it with a german club.

I did everything according to the "how to" and was amazed why it should always come to a player-led consortium.
It should not be possible anymore.

Nevertheless, at least I managed to get a message about a possible takeover of a tycoon. A week later, the talk was about an investor. Another 4 weeks later, however, only about a consortium of former players.
I've certainly tried it 30 times or even more and in the end it was always(!) only about a consortium of former players.

Then I replaced "Germany" with "Deutschland" in the files "valid_takeovers_only".
Now nothing happens for a few weeks and then it is about an promotion from within.
This is how it should be, i guess. But
sadly i did not manage to get a message about a tycoon-takeover.

I've certainly tried 30-40 times too.

So now i am not sure if it will be ever happen or if it is not possible for a german club.

Maybe I have to test in a nother nation to see how it works.

you cant get a tycoon in germany unless you change ownership settings in pre editor. they have elections. i think they are also set up on edt to not get a tycoon so would have to remove that as well. you also need to make sure you are changing all edts, not just one just to be safe

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

• 2 weeks later...

Another Newcastle one here in September first season. Unfortunately not extra transfer budget until January at the earliest. Also they changed their season expectations to qualify for champions league this season despite being unable to sign anyone til January - slightly unrealistic!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/12/2018 at 22:55, janesy20 said:

Another Newcastle one here in September first season. Unfortunately not extra transfer budget until January at the earliest. Also they changed their season expectations to qualify for champions league this season despite being unable to sign anyone til January - slightly unrealistic!

I just had the exact same! Yeah crazy expectations that

On 17/12/2018 at 05:55, janesy20 said:

Either of those available to play from when the takeover just happened?

I have it from January of the first season. Only thing though it's impossible to not get sacked as they wanted top 4 so first match you lose you will be sacked as we are 10th. Which I think is a very decent season first season with Newcastle with no chance to spend until last week 

19 minutes ago, Elliott J Miller said:

Any chance of a York City FC one please?

Its alot harder to generate ones that far down. If you like i could create atycoon for them

Edited by Amarante

So if I will not edit anything and will just start a save and simulate and save like every month or half a year how do you check which clubs gets for example Foreground sugar daddy?

I think once I have on my Valencia save info about my affliated club changing chairman and they canceled our agreement...

But how to check other ones? Will I have to do it manually ?

2 hours ago, Elliott J Miller said:

Yes please, that would be great. Thank You

York City .fmf

Download that Go top documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 19>Editor Data place it there. Then start a new save choose advance option and select it. When you start you should have a sugar daddy and over 1million in balance. The further up you get the more money you get. 

Any chance of Hertha BSC (germany) getting a foreground tycoon? (like PSG, city etc etc) or perhaps OGC Nice? 

Edit: So is this any different (except it happens "naturally") than just using something like FMRTE and give yourself a foreground sugardaddy?

Edited by whispers

6 hours ago, whispers said:

Any chance of Hertha BSC (germany) getting a foreground tycoon? (like PSG, city etc etc) or perhaps OGC Nice? 

Edit: So is this any different (except it happens "naturally") than just using something like FMRTE and give yourself a foreground sugardaddy?

Well yes and no. If you use FMRTE you would have to also edit your chairmans resources so it matches that of a tycoon

3 hours ago, Amarante said:

Well yes and no. If you use FMRTE you would have to also edit your chairmans resources so it matches that of a tycoon

That makes sense :) Rather just hope someone will "force" a takeover on Hertha or Nice then :D Thanks tho!

I’ve just had a takeover as Torquay in League Two after 2 seasons, the preliminary messages indicated it would be a Swiss tycoon and now that it’s gone through the message I received in my inbox is the same as above.  As my new Chairman has stated he will stop at nothing to make Torquay a force domestically and continentally does that definitively mean he’s a tycoon?  He pumped about £2m into the club and my current balance is around £1.5m.  Just wondering what I can expect really?

EDIT: Having gone into the club, then landmarks, it states that the new chap is a tycoon.  Wonder what the new season’s budget will be.

Edited by Matt_G

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there! 

I thought id give this tycoon thing a go and out of some extremely gooooooood luck (as i know even with pre-editing its quite rare). 

I've managed to get a tycoon at Sheffield Wednesday on the first try after holidaying for 20 days! AND without any other pre-editing other than setting chairman status & confidence to 1. So no worries on seeing them pop up more than usual (although rare) as u progress.

Ive also tried this a couple times with different results. I noticed that there was only NEWS for a tycoon takeover and not the Name of the tycoon on my saved file. So you can add yourself as manager and get a different nationality tycoon every time! (ive had eng/qatar/russia/UAE/AUS) lol it was quite nice to see the "count the money" announcement. The budget is the same though everytime 46M to spend. 

If anyone is interested in trying it out, ill be happy to share. 

On 25/03/2019 at 10:25, bl4cky said:

Hello there! 

I thought id give this tycoon thing a go and out of some extremely gooooooood luck (as i know even with pre-editing its quite rare). 

I've managed to get a tycoon at Sheffield Wednesday on the first try after holidaying for 20 days! AND without any other pre-editing other than setting chairman status & confidence to 1. So no worries on seeing them pop up more than usual (although rare) as u progress.

Ive also tried this a couple times with different results. I noticed that there was only NEWS for a tycoon takeover and not the Name of the tycoon on my saved file. So you can add yourself as manager and get a different nationality tycoon every time! (ive had eng/qatar/russia/UAE/AUS) lol it was quite nice to see the "count the money" announcement. The budget is the same though everytime 46M to spend. 

Yeah I'd like to try that out please.  I've never manged Sheff Wed before.

On 25/03/2019 at 21:25, bl4cky said:

Hello there! 

And here's me in second season with wendesday with 1.8m to spend in the premier

Edited by Mogzilla86

• 3 weeks later...

I already made a post in the forum, but didnt get a good  answer. I know the topic is about tycoon saves and not tycoon info but if you guys could give your opinion I would apreciate. So, I managed a team in Portugal’s first division and the max budget was £30M (I had to put all the money for   transfers, leaving no money for wages to get this 30M). I qualified two times to the UCL and won the league twice and the budget never were more than that. I checked the chairman stats and he had 20 for bussiness and resources. I thought this was a problem related to the league, for balance maybe, but Benfica tried to hire me and their budget were £48M (it was the 4th season that I finished above them in the table). Also managed a tycoon club in france and the max budget until now is £45M (if I put all money for transfer and 0 for wages) even this is the second time we are in the UCL. Is this normal?

Edited by Gio77

Are there any easy ways to see if a club gets a tycoon takeover? used to be able to get emails through for club takeovers but they took that out a few games ago. Now you have to search manually and it takes way too long

On 20/04/2019 at 11:35, Gio77 said:

I already made a post in the forum, but didnt get a good  answer. I know the topic is about tycoon saves and not tycoon info but if you guys could give your opinion I would apreciate. So, I managed a team in Portugal’s first division and the max budget was £30M (I had to put all the money for   transfers, leaving no money for wages to get this 30M). I qualified two times to the UCL and won the league twice and the budget never were more than that. I checked the chairman stats and he had 20 for bussiness and resources. I thought this was a problem related to the league, for balance maybe, but Benfica tried to hire me and their budget were £48M (it was the 4th season that I finished above them in the table). Also managed a tycoon club in france and the max budget until now is £45M (if I put all money for transfer and 0 for wages) even this is the second time we are in the UCL. Is this normal?

No, I've had far larger amounts than that without a tycoon but with FFP rules there cannot be too much put in if your revenues are low - once prize money, sponsorship etc goes up more can be pumped into the club - you may not have a massive bank balance hence the limited amounts despite having a tycoon.  Also they type of tycoon matters too. 

Front end - pours a bottomless pit of money into the club

Back end - will help the club progress to the next level (or two) and then back off.

Underwriter - will clear the clubs debts at the end of each season (iirc)

Em 22/04/2019 em 07:25, Geordieboy52 disse:

No, I've had far larger amounts than that without a tycoon but with FFP rules there cannot be too much put in if your revenues are low - once prize money, sponsorship etc goes up more can be pumped into the club - you may not have a massive bank balance hence the limited amounts despite having a tycoon.  Also they type of tycoon matters too. 

Front end - pours a bottomless pit of money into the club

Back end - will help the club progress to the next level (or two) and then back off.

Underwriter - will clear the clubs debts at the end of each season (iirc)

It seems being front end doesn't ensures a lot of money to spend. While some tycoons really put money, others dont. Even when their revenues are low, some will put a lot. In my save, Celta de Vigo got one and spent a lot of money, even Madrid ou Barça could not keep up with them. Tottenham aswell. But QPR had a tycoon and he didnt put a lot of money, and yes, he was a front end one. Dont know if there is some stat that can tell if the tycoon will spend big or not. I checked in the editor and all tycoons were front end, had 20 for resources, bussiness and ambition, the difference was in the interference and patience stats that were lower for the chairmans that didnt give a lot of money.

• 4 weeks later...

I've only ever had one happen to me in several iterations of the game and several 100s of hours.

That was with Everton in FM2015. It actually kind of ruined my save as I just bought up the worlds best talent and the idea of blooding youngsters became completely unnecessary.

I'd love to have another one though, would have been amazing to get one with my Torquay United save in the lower leagues this year.

On 21/04/2019 at 06:22, Liniert said:

Are there any easy ways to see if a club gets a tycoon takeover? used to be able to get emails through for club takeovers but they took that out a few games ago. Now you have to search manually and it takes way too long

Not that I know of which is unfortunate.

I remember in one save I had I noticed Stoke City were buying a lot of players and they finished 3rd in the league challenging for the title, thought it was odd, only then did I check and confirm they'd had a tycoon takeover. They became the best team in Europe the following years, being a thorne in my side and my biggest rival as Everton manager.