FM 19 Tycoon takeover thread

BasOM2000

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be posting a few once the game officially comes out. this year im working on a skin, im new to it so going to take up a lot of time so wont be taking requests but I plan on making a detailed guide on how you can do it and I will post it here.

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

Ive always started the game with Brazilian starting time so that way people can get coaches changed or any transfers in before the  first season starts. plus in every other version teams get a youth intake in march of 18 so just gives people a head start on things. it also enables people to play friendlies so the tactic they decide to run with is learned before the games start counting

On 29/10/2018 at 06:44, Ross Ingersoll said:

I will be posting a few once the game officially comes out. this year im working on a skin, im new to it so going to take up a lot of time so wont be taking requests but I plan on making a detailed guide on how you can do it and I will post it here.

Shame about taking no requests, still waiting on 1 from FM18 lol Good luck for your skin though bud, hoping you look to release, if so I will definitely give it a whirl and give some feedback mate :) 

1 hour ago, psychonutter said:

Shame about taking no requests, still waiting on 1 from FM18 lol Good luck for your skin though bud, hoping you look to release, if so I will definitely give it a whirl and give some feedback mate :)

What was that request. I can see if i can get it done 

I got a Tycoon takeover whilst managing Newcastle United in the first season.  I was given £128million to spend.   I thought I had saved the game just after it happened, but alas It's not until around 4 weeks after maybe.  The save is in early December, and I've already spent a bit of the money on some wonderkids who you might look at signing anyway.  so there is around £88mill left. 

Newcastle Tycoon

Ok, because so many people are interested in tycoons i am going to show you how to do it. There are many methods but everyone can do this method. This is my first "how to" so if its a mess, i apologize.

First thing you do is make sure you have the FM16 data editor. its free when you buy FM. if you dont have it go to the steam app, Hover over library and then click tools and locate the editor and download and install

yGw6my1.png

Once the editor is installed, Start it up. on the left hand side there will be a bunch of tabs, click "clubs"

fQpK4P4.png

Where it says filter put in the team you want to tycoon and press enter on your keyboard. Then double click your team from that list. Scroll down till you get to staff and players. click that, then click board. find whoever is the owner and double click him or her. after that click person data, attributes and then change loyalty to 1. After you do that look to the left and select non player data, board confidence. change board confidence and fan confidence to 1 . not sure if you have to do both but i do it just to be safe. you are done. now click file in upper left of the screen and slick save editor data as.... name it whatever you want and exit the editor after you are done

wc92Ri1.png

Now you have to edit your edt files. there will be two of them. one on your 1600 folder and one in your 1601 folder. You must edit both or it wont work. The location of the file is here...

Z9Wvh7b.png

The name of the file you want is valid takeovers only. open it with notepad or whatever you want.

zbY4mnc.pngl

Look towards the bottom where it says no rich individual takeovers. make sure the country your team is in is not in that list. now go to the other ones and add your team to each.

## No Consortium Takeovers

## No PLC Takeovers

## No Fans Trust Takeovers

## No Local Businessman Takeovers

Under each one of those you have to make sure the country your team is in is in the list. you can edit one of them or add a new one under the last team in each list. editing one thats there is easiest. the teams ive done are in England so as you can see i have England in every list. you can see here how i added England to one of the lists

15eKbT8.png

Make sure you do both edt files. one in 1600 and the other in 1601 or all of this will be for nothing

Once you are done with those two files save it and then exit. Start up FM and start your new career. when the box pops up make sure you choose custom or all for your data files

dDkuLGt.pngThen make sure the box is checked of the file you made in the data editor. i named mine bborneeee . notice the box before it is checked

KotGOG8.jpg

Once that is done pick the leagues you want. when you save it at the start make sure saves are set to every 6 months or longer so your save dont get overwritten when trying to get tycoon. i have mine set for every 5 years but after i get tycoon i change it.

ONrFGgm.png

ok, all you do now is sim. i usually sim 2 months. once the sim is done i go to messages and check for takeovers or tycoon takeovers. The way i do this is use the search feature in messages and use keywords. the 3 i use are takeover, tycoon and count. the reason i search for the word count is because after any tycoon takeover happens the message aways says " Your team counts the money" or something along those lines. if you dont know how to use keyword searches in your mail, click the magnifying glass here

EPQoOpX.png

Now its just a simple matter of simming, if the takeover isnt a tycoon takeover you just load the file back up and sim again. and keep doing it until you have a tycoon takeover. be warned it could take one sim or 200. on a couple of my saves it took one or 2 sims but on a few it took well over 150. Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to pm me and i will help if i can

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 02:44, Ross Ingersoll said:

When you do it like that guide shows, then won't all future takeovers in that country be tycoons? Or at least the likelyhood will be greatly increased. That could warp the balance of power I guess.

Or maybe I am stupid.

1 hour ago, Mr_Demus said:

When you do it like that guide shows, then won't all future takeovers in that country be tycoons? Or at least the likelyhood will be greatly increased. That could warp the balance of power I guess.

Or maybe I am stupid.

it can but what happens when you do it that way... its either a tycoon or promoted from within. From all the test sims I have ran ive not seen major increase in tycoons in a save. Ive even made it so every owner in the EPL left and not seen many tycoons at all. I also just ran a 5 year save of every top league in Europe and even without changing the edt I saw around 6 new tycoons, 3 of them were in Portugal alone. ive also did a 10 year save that had none so who knows

"Look towards the bottom where it says no rich individual takeovers. make sure the country your team is in is not in that list. now go to the other ones and add your team to each. 

## No PLC Takeovers

## No Local Businessman Takeovers"

Add the team name or country? I'm trying to get one for Edinburgh City

By doing that won't it mean that all Scottish clubs can only get a Tycoon owner?

Will it be fine to keep Consortium at least?

Edited by toon army 06

On 09/11/2018 at 11:33, toon army 06 said:

"Look towards the bottom where it says no rich individual takeovers. make sure the country your team is in is not in that list. now go to the other ones and add your team to each. 

## No PLC Takeovers

## No Local Businessman Takeovers"

Add the team name or country? I'm trying to get one for Edinburgh City

By doing that won't it mean that all Scottish clubs can only get a Tycoon owner?

Will it be fine to keep Consortium at least?

no, it will mean they will get a tycoon or someone from the board taking over . trust me, tycoons arent as common as you folks think when doing this method. 

2 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

no, it will mean they will get a tycoon or someone from the board taking over . trust me, tycoons arent as common as you folks think when doing this method. 

I did it & your right, the few takeovers in Scotland have been local.

"The way i do this is use the search feature in messages and use keywords. the 3 i use are takeover, tycoon and count."

Does this still work I can't get it

Edited by toon army 06

6 hours ago, psychonutter said:

If you're still strugglin with Eastleigh I'll take a nice Southampton tycoon, make it a wee bit easier for you bud lol

Ok, i'll attempt it tonight and see what happens; The lower league one is killing me lol. 

On 10/11/2018 at 14:02, toon army 06 said:

I did it & your right, the few takeovers in Scotland have been local.

"The way i do this is use the search feature in messages and use keywords. the 3 i use are takeover, tycoon and count."

Does this still work I can't get it

im not sure, will have to check. i think so, news items really havent changed much i dont think