South Korea vs Mexico - 4pm BST - ITV1

craigcwwe

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pukey said:

It's pretty easy to slide without your arm up

Go outside and try it. It is awkward. But I get it. Stupid decision. Not even sure he should be sliding at all. 

2 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

No matter how obvious the decision you still get the few who disagree, not having a go but you can see why VAR will always be problematic when even the most seemingly obvious decisions can be interpreted in a different way.

Absolutely. But I do like the taking away dives for pens Part. 🤩

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

So what?

Half of the fouls aren't deliberate, but a result of late tackles.

Late tackles are results of incompetence. Handballs like this are due to natural movements; it's not like Suárez preventing a goal with his hand four years ago. We're playing football. We shouldn't expect players to control every movement of every part of their body.

Just now, georginho_juventusygr said:

Late tackles are results of incompetence. Handballs like this are due to natural movements; it's not like Suárez preventing a goal with his hand four years ago. We're playing football. We shouldn't expect players to control every movement of every part of their body. 

I'd agree if his arm was just above his body, but it was bloody vertical. Haven't seen that in a while.

If they allowed situations like this, how long would it be before defenders try to exploit it?

What about shots that are clearly headed on target but stopped by non-deliberate handballs where arm isn't close to the body?

Archived