Official FM09: Good Centre-Back Thread

arsenal_2111

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from a youth perspective, but quick to develop:

Gerson - gremio - 16? - 1.5m - had to wait until he was 18, but once i got him he was first choice for spurs,

krystian pearce - birmigham - 18 - 500k - for some reason scouts don't rate him, no weaknesses. becomes top notch. on rotation for me at moment, 14 games, 7.47 rating.

jack rodwell - everton - 18? - 2m - good backup, not class though.

• 2 weeks later...

A question about Zapata: everybody seems to claim that he's probably the best CB in game, but I've bought him for 4 different saves and in each save, because of his low concentration, he occasionally makes errors which results in a goal, some of them so stupid I want to slam my laptop against the wall. This normally happens 2-3 times a season which translates to 3-6 dropped points usually. I agree he's world class normally but when he does stupid shhh like that I feel that I'm gonna have to buy a new laptop soon.

Does this happen to anybody else?

Edit: He also seems to have random determination, its probably my luck but I always seem buy him with like 9-12 determination

Caramel

Yes, Zapata has that problem. His low concentration usually means that he's prone to errors every now and then. And that combined with his low determination mean that if he does make an error, its best to pull him off straight away as its likely to effect his performance for the rest of the game negatively. I dont think his determination is random though as its always on 12 in my games.

Also, I dont know who claims he's the best CB on the game. Yes, he is very good but there are a few who are better than him. Guys like Chiellini, Mexes, Sakho (when developed), Walter Samuel are all easily better. Not to mention guys like Fazio, Pepe, Demichelis etc.

Zapata turns out class but he needs some time for stats like strength, stamina & concentration to go up. If you're a big club and get him in season 1, you can get him on a "rotation" contract. And that would allow you to possibly have him tutored. If his determination goes up doing that, then I'm sure he'll become as good as any. :thup:

Caramel

Yes, Zapata has that problem. His low concentration usually means that he's prone to errors every now and then. And that combined with his low determination mean that if he does make an error, its best to pull him off straight away as its likely to effect his performance for the rest of the game negatively. I dont think his determination is random though as its always on 12 in my games.

Also, I dont know who claims he's the best CB on the game. Yes, he is very good but there are a few who are better than him. Guys like Chiellini, Mexes, Sakho (when developed), Walter Samuel are all easily better. Not to mention guys like Fazio, Pepe, Demichelis etc.

Zapata turns out class but he needs some time for stats like strength, stamina & concentration to go up. If you're a big club and get him in season 1, you can get him on a "rotation" contract. And that would allow you to possibly have him tutored. If his determination goes up doing that, then I'm sure he'll become as good as any. :thup:

Thanks for the info and yeah, I checked, his determination is set at 12, I think it was on FM08 that it was random. Anyways, I normally still buy him since he's relatively cheap comparetively to the potential he has (11m) but I only play him against mid and low table teams now just because I'm afraid he'll concede a goal against bigger teams which I usually won't have a goal cushion with. Shame that Sakho is mad expensive now and Thiago Silva is unbuyable.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Raul Goni

Value: A few million at the start

Sale Value: I don't know

Club: Zaragoza

Value: £1ish mil

Sale Value:Cheap

Work permit:None

A very impressive young CB who has very good stats and is extremely consistent. He should be cheap as he has a low release clause at the start of the game.

Name: Ryan Shawcross

Club: Stoke City

Value: 2m

Sale Value: Dunno Im Always Stoke & never plan to sell him

Work permit: Not Needed

Great player start of with & becomes a leading Premier League defender & England International (like real life) :)

Guest roberto922

Who are the very best defenders with no price limit? I'm playing an unlimited money game and want the best defenders under 27

Who are the very best defenders with no price limit? I'm playing an unlimited money game and want the best defenders under 27

Ischenko

ischenko.th.jpg

Pepe

pepen.th.jpg

Ramos

ramosx.jpg

Vargas

vargaso.th.jpg

Vargas and Alves are probably the 2 best fullbacks in my Barca game in 2013, they combine attacking and defending quite well.

The others are the worlds best centrebacks. All the vital defensive stats are 15 or above, except for pace and acceleration which i set at 14. There is only a handful of classy CBs. Fazio is immense as you can see, brilliant reader of the game and incredible strength and athletic ability.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see some shakhar players being mentioned :thup:

check out Ishenko. Quality CB whos better than Rusol (previously mentioned)

24 years old, amaazing mental stats, tackling, marking and heading are also great and he is v good physivcally.

amazingly hes valued at about 500k at start of game. work permit probably needed

Hopey: Leo's FAAAAR too pricey, 4.5mil with a 61mil min release clause!

The others are either slightly too inexperienced (average team age is 24, and I've got a feeling Makukula is skewing that upwards.

Deisler: Couldn't find him. Got all Italian leagues loaded, large DB...

J.W.: Couldn't find Ishenko, probably cos I don't have Ukraine loaded. That said, I'm tilting for Chyzov now - 4.5mil on the table, hoping that they'll go for that, cos he seems to suit my tactics perfectly. And he seems technically better than Chygrynski, although he's physically not as great. Mentally strong too.

EDIT: I also made a bid for Caicedo from Sao Paulo, negotiated by them to 3mil...not sure who'd be better, him or Chyzov?

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Daniel Carrico

Club: Sporting CP

Sale Value: Can't remember, fairly cheap though (3mil or so)

WP: Not Needed

He starts at 20, the Portugese U21 captain who can slam 'em in off corners as well as play a very very solid CB, he's rated PA of 7* so I highly recommend you take a look. I'm staving off offers from all directions including the Big Four for him.

Hopey: Leo's FAAAAR too pricey, 4.5mil with a 61mil min release clause!

The others are either slightly too inexperienced (average team age is 24, and I've got a feeling Makukula is skewing that upwards.

Deisler: Couldn't find him. Got all Italian leagues loaded, large DB...

J.W.: Couldn't find Ishenko, probably cos I don't have Ukraine loaded. That said, I'm tilting for Chyzov now - 4.5mil on the table, hoping that they'll go for that, cos he seems to suit my tactics perfectly. And he seems technically better than Chygrynski, although he's physically not as great. Mentally strong too.

EDIT: I also made a bid for Caicedo from Sao Paulo, negotiated by them to 3mil...not sure who'd be better, him or Chyzov?

I misspelt. :o It's Matteo Darmian

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Tore Reginiussen

Club: Tromsø

Value: N/A

Sale Value: N/A

Work permit: Not needed.

ToreReginiussen.jpg

Found this guy randomly, looks fairly solid I'm sure he can be picked up fairly cheap at the start. Bearing in mind this screenshot is taken four nearly five seasons in my Brazil save. :thup:

i have a question, but aint sure whether this is the correct thread to post this. anyway, my 1st choice CBs are Albiol and Fazio, and i'm playing valencia. although these two are world class defenders, i'm still leaking goals. is it because of my defensive midfielder or my full-backs aint good enough? my defensive midfielder is marchena while my left backs are moretti and mattock. i would usually play mattock. my right backs are miguel and carlos diogo, with me normally playing diogo. hope someone helps. :confused:

i have a question, but aint sure whether this is the correct thread to post this. anyway, my 1st choice CBs are Albiol and Fazio, and i'm playing valencia. although these two are world class defenders, i'm still leaking goals. is it because of my defensive midfielder or my full-backs aint good enough? my defensive midfielder is marchena while my left backs are moretti and mattock. i would usually play mattock. my right backs are miguel and carlos diogo, with me normally playing diogo. hope someone helps. :confused:

How are you conceding goals? From the wings? Ball over the top? Need more information.

my defence just goes to sleep out of a sudden, conceding goals from far, allowing strikers to go one on one with my keeper.

Far as in long shots? Or ball going over the top? Sounds to me as if your midfield is getting bypassed too easily. Perhaps you should tweak your closing down, have the midfield working as a unit with the closing down.

Far as in long shots? Or ball going over the top? Sounds to me as if your midfield is getting bypassed too easily. Perhaps you should tweak your closing down, have the midfield working as a unit with the closing down.
okay i'll try that. thanks a lot :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sakho , i highly recommend as he replaced rio ferdinand for me at man utd. wellington also, Curtis Davies, Johnny Evans is class, Fazio, and if you want a cheap CB who is average i say Landy Palliot from lyon who you can get for about 1.9mill. :thup:

Archived