Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the first 6 seasons are pure genius then 7 and 8 are pretty poor and the new ones well they were so bad I only watched the first episode.

I'm pretty much totally with you there Acidburn.

I love the early ones the best though because it was just so basic and the comedy was really excellent. Chris Barrie and Craig Charles had this great chemistry back then and Norman Lovett was just awesome, plus Danny John-Jules was better in those early episodes as the Cat.

It's a genius comedy though. I remember watching them over and over when I was a kid. Now I have the boxsets and I love them. I'm probably due to start watching them from the beginning again some time soon. I love that show!

Yes, but no male Holly in 3-6. :thdn: Although Hattie Hayridge was pretty awesome as well.

I don't know why but 1 & 2 will always be my favourites, although I love 1-6 full stop. As far as I am concerned, the series ended with series 6 though, as I cannot stand 7 and 8. Especially 8. Don't even get me started on 8. :mad:

I keep meaning to re-read the books at some point, which I haven't read since I was a kid. I wonder if they will be as good as I remember?

Red Dwarf should have gone the way of classics like Fawlty Towers and The Office and stopped after a couple of series.

Back to FM... I've noticed a couple of people on about having two or even more saves running concurrently. I don't have time to play one as much as I would like!

Back to FM... I've noticed a couple of people on about having two or even more saves running concurrently. I don't have time to play one as much as I would like!

Was I one of them?

I've tried to have a few saves on the go at one time, what with my calcio one, my international one and my Saints one. Lots of great ideas for saves but not enough time to play them all was the result.

Ultimately, I found that it just hasn't worked. I tried playing a season here and a season there but one saves hooks you in and you end up spending all your time on that one. Then you forget where you were on the other one and it becomes a chore to get back into it.

I've reached the conclusion that it's definitely better to concentrate on one save at a time, which is why I'm focusing on my Saints save only right now.

I'll probably have 2 saves going, one with my own Asian challenge and the other with my career game, which I hope I will only have one instead of 5 different career games I had in FM10. :p

Not been in here in a while. Not had the internet for around 2 months and my laptop broke but have bought a nice shiny one and will get back in at some point when the new games comes out. Just started a save with Dortmund so will update in the Career Updates Thread.

People have probably noticed that I've added FM10 tags to all of the existing FM10 threads, in anticipation of the FM11 threads starting. If any of them have been labelled incorrectly, just let me know so I can change them.

Just a reminder, if you are starting a new thread for FM2011 there is no need to add a version tag with it. Any new FM2010 (or older) threads will need the tag added so people know it is an older version.

Looks a bit messy at the moment but it should sort itself out as the new threads are created :)

I'm planning on starting a journeyman career as soon as I get the game and the first patch is released. The only thing I haven't decided is quite which leagues I'll be loading.

Has anyone had any experience running a long term game with a low performance rating? I have a feeling my FM2010 game was 5 stars for game speed so I'd be interested to hear just how slow things can get in the future.

I'm planning on starting a journeyman career as soon as I get the game and the first patch is released. The only thing I haven't decided is quite which leagues I'll be loading.

Has anyone had any experience running a long term game with a low performance rating? I have a feeling my FM2010 game was 5 stars for game speed so I'd be interested to hear just how slow things can get in the future.

daf what are your computer specs? I never trusted the FM10 performance rating and I usually just load x amount of leagues by experience, or do holiday saves.

Are FM10 xml files going to be compatible with FM11?

daf what are your computer specs? I never trusted the FM10 performance rating and I usually just load x amount of leagues by experience, or do holiday saves.

Are FM10 xml files going to be compatible with FM11?

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

I've no idea what that means but the huge RAM seems to give me 5 stars for performance. I'm currently thinking about loading leagues that drop it down to 2 stars for speed, but will think about it if that means it will crawl in 40 seasons time.

No idea about the xml files, I've never used them.

I always stick to 3 stars as a minimum and thats only if I really have to as I'm quite conscious about game speed after a number of seasons.

I plan on England (to L2), Wales, Spain (top 2), Germany (top 2), Brazil (top 2) and Mexico (top 2) as things stand, not sure about going outside Europe.

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

I've no idea what that means but the huge RAM seems to give me 5 stars for performance. I'm currently thinking about loading leagues that drop it down to 2 stars for speed, but will think about it if that means it will crawl in 40 seasons time.

No idea about the xml files, I've never used them.

daf, load everything if you want. :p

You can definitely load more than 100 leagues, since I could do to it with 4 GB ram and a 2.1 Ghz dual core processor. Of course, I never managed to play 40 years into a save...but 100+ will definitely be fine even though I went over the recommended player limit.

Are you planning to have a global save, or just a European leagues save? All European leagues out of the box without any xml files should get you a little over 100 leagues (give or take, since I always use xml files so I'm not exactly sure).

daf, load everything if you want. :p

You can definitely load more than 100 leagues, since I could do to it with 4 GB ram and a 2.1 Ghz dual core processor. Of course, I never managed to play 40 years into a save...but 100+ will definitely be fine even though I went over the recommended player limit.

Are you planning to have a global save, or just a European leagues save? All European leagues out of the box without any xml files should get you a little over 100 leagues (give or take, since I always use xml files so I'm not exactly sure).

I was thinking of mostly Europe, with a few others. Something like England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Wales and Brazil then maybe South Korea, South Africa and Mexico as well.

I think the player count came to under 50000 when I tried it.

I was thinking of mostly Europe, with a few others. Something like England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Wales and Brazil then maybe South Korea, South Africa and Mexico as well.

50,000 players should get you 40+ years in the save. Maybe you can add a little more smaller leagues (like Poland, Belgium for work permits in England, and maybe Austria too because of the amount of German/Austrians that I seem to get in games, and maybe China, and MLS too) without hampering the game speed in the future.

Since FM is still a 32 bit application, you won't use all 8 GB of ram (only 4 I believe), but you have a quick processor so you can load quite a few leagues.

Wales is an interesting place to start, a good chance of European competitions at an early stage of your career - even if you don't last long in the competitions.

Can you guys let me know if you see a working New Zealand league to download for FM11, I really want to get start on continental dominance again. Very interested to see if more people will take part in the challenge if it is started as early as possible. I would do it myself but last time I tried it did not work properly.

I am making the £7 train journey to buy FM11 on Friday after work, so the game is costing me a bit more than normal.

I can confirm after preloading on steam and having a look on the editor that xml files from FM10 were loadable in FM11. Although, they are from a year ago so they all probably need updating anyways...

I really hope someone re-creates those West Asian leagues so I can start my FM11 career game.

Pre-ordered the game but now I have to go out of toen on Friday evening so there's a big chance I'll miss the release day delivery :(

I'm considering installing via steam this year after hearing about the achievements and trophy room. Anyone else doing this/did this last year?

I was thinking about using steam but I have heard a couple of people say it can take ages to load the save, not sure if that is if you just download it from steam. What is the trophy room, I am guessing it records your trophies through your career.

Just an FYI for folks in here, I'm taking my first crack at the editor.

I can't figure out how to do the leagues, so instead I'm using my media background to try to put together an XML of US/Canada media sources. :D

So far, I have the newspapers in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, and Toronto.

Still working, and it may come to nothing, but figured I'd let folks in here know (especially rancer, for his next crack at TFC. ;) )

Sounds good, I plan a decent MLS career at some point on FM11 so hope you are successful in making it all adds to the realism of the game.

Just wondering what star rating people get when loading these huge journeyman career games.

Could we start a new "FM11 Career Anecdotes & Updates Thread" and sticky it at the top? I like to hear about everyone's careers, even if it's a couple lines here and there. The Anecdotes thread seems to get lost down the list... and newcomes can't find it easily. I think if more people used it, there might be less very-very-short career threads that take up space. (Yes, I'm guilty of that, too.)

Could we start a new "FM11 Career Anecdotes & Updates Thread" and sticky it at the top? I like to hear about everyone's careers, even if it's a couple lines here and there. The Anecdotes thread seems to get lost down the list... and newcomes can't find it easily. I think if more people used it, there might be less very-very-short career threads that take up space. (Yes, I'm guilty of that, too.)

I'm not sure about everyone else but I'm not a big fan of too many stickies. Hopefully once people start playing the game the anecdotes thread will start to be used more often, as it was at times with FM2010.

Maybe it needs a catchier title?

Archived