Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

Well if you follow this link MLF, you can get real Japanese players for at least the J1 clubs and I think some J2 clubs too.

My current career uses this XML file for Japan. To get real names, just search for the fix on the FM wiki page.

Its cool man, I wouldnt know any of the players anyway :thup:

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game already has problems dealing with the level of players (not to mention rules) of level 8 football, so level 10 is pushing it too far in my opinion. Plus, all those added leagues and cups are bound to slow the game down over time, for very little added benefit once you (hopefully) climb up the league ladder.

Better to start from level 8 or 6 in England and include more nations. At least for us that don't have a PC nicked out of NASA's labs ;)

Cranked up FM and disaster, my Asia save has corrupted.

Was debating whether to start a new save in Africa, follow DodgeeD route and manage around the continent. Just got back from Tunisia and after seeing a couple of the stadiums in Sousse and on the flights in and out, its tempted me to have a game there. Just a little gutted with Asian save as I was enjoying it.

Shame about the save ToMexico!! Come join me in Africa then! There are plenty of .xml leagues available for many of the nations, big and small. LAways the chance to discover the next Weah, Eto'o or Drogba as well. ;)

@ToMexico! if you want a real challenge, try my Ethiopian Leagues. If you start anywhere but St. George, you start with, well, nothing. Fun, though.

Already started a new save. Think I've already previously downloaded an Ethiopian league, not sure as I have around 2/3s of the african leagues already.

They made the forum look horrible guys. :thdn:
I seriously hope they sort out the margins business. Screenshots and tables are going to look crap on this new forum skin. :mad:

I completely agree with you C. I know it's only been out '5 minutes' and it's always difficult to accept change but it really is bad. I won't list the problems I find with it as it's pretty much covered in the feedback thread in GD but one thing that's annoying me particularly are the margins. Especially for our part of the boards here in CU, as you say C. tables and screen shots are going to look awful! :thdn::mad:

It's actually so bad that I probably won't use the forum as much as I used to unless there are dramatic changes.

It's really frustrating to use - slow, blocky, bulky and too bright. It's actually hard work to navigate, hard work to load up threads and to read posts etc.

I hate the margins and the way that it has ruined all of the tables and screenshots in my threads.

In short, it looks bloody awful! :mad:

Not a fan either. :thdn: The only positive I see is that the announcements are detached more from the forum itself but the margins, colour scheme and appearance of code tables and screenshots is not good. :(

It's a bit hard to read but I think we'll all get used to it eventually...like the time we went to vBulletin from whatever forum software we used before...but it's real hard to see the thread starters than before.

Although I really hate the smileys except :thup: and :thdn:

I still have to scroll the screen along a little bit to catch the end of the image, before I never had to do that it all fit nice and snug on the page. Maybe I need to change my resolution or something but I am not really sure.

Problem with the names on the side now? :D

But massive improvement so I'm happy.

That problem is being looked into, should hopefully be sorted on Monday when the guys are back in the office.

Hopefully they will look at the width of the box on the left as well.

I'm thinking of doing a "Rise and Fall of FC Libourne Saint Seurin" documentary style thing for my FC Libourne save game. Despite the fact it would be very story-esque, I'll probably end up posting it here cause I want to use pictures and such that FMS aren't too keen on.

im considering starting a new game after the ease with which im winning everything anyone care to suggest some leagues?

S.Africa, Egypt, Japan, Germany not sure what else to add.

If you have 2 African leagues you might as well also have the African Mega DB. If you load Japan you might as well load MLS (Pan Pacific Championship), S. Korea (a must imo), and China. If you load Germany than you should the other major Euro nations too (England/France/Spain). And you should load the A-League and New Zealand as well. If you want to load MLS then you should add Mexico too...

I can go all day with this :p, but it depends on your computer specs.

I can go all day with this :p, but it depends on your computer specs.

Keep going my pc spec is:

i7 930 O.C. to 3.4GHz

6GB of ram

its still not suffering slow down from the 50+ leagues im currently running in 2036

Keep going my pc spec is:

i7 930 O.C. to 3.4GHz

6GB of ram

its still not suffering slow down from the 50+ leagues im currently running in 2036

Okay mate I think you can safely load 100 leagues without a major slowdown later on in the game. xD

Considering I have a 90 league setup in my latest career game and it's doing alright after 4 years.

Okay mate I think you can safely load 100 leagues without a major slowdown later on in the game. xD

Considering I have a 90 league setup in my latest career game and it's doing alright after 4 years.

Oh i know, its a beast :)

Was there any more on the awards?

I think we could host one now we've had a whole year of the forum with a particular version of FM.

I don't mind being involved but I'm not massively keen on running it myself, is there anyone who fancies running it?

I think it'd be good to have one now too...now it's been a year. I'm pleased with how the forum has developed and how popular it's become since I lobbied for this forum; and inparticularly some of the great reads that've been posted. I'm not sure about running it either as my wife is due to give birth in the next few weeks so I won't have the time. I'd be more than happy though to add suggestions and ideas if needed.

Don't make such a fuss now Rancher.

I actually prefer that username for you. ;)

I don't wanna be a Rancher :p. Please don't start the Rancher movement. :(

I can help out with awards. I probably don't want to organize it but I would help out. Since the CSE guys and the Career Forum people are pretty much the same group of forum users why not set a group to deal with each one? Since canvey!! is doing the CSE one maybe one of Daf/Purefun/Neji can organize the Careers Forum awards.

Archived