Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

I can help out with awards. I probably don't want to organize it but I would help out. Since the CSE guys and the Career Forum people are pretty much the same group of forum users why not set a group to deal with each one? Since canvey!! is doing the CSE one maybe one of Daf/Purefun/Neji can organize the Careers Forum awards.

I'm not really that keen/good at organising/running this sort of thing but I suppose as the only active mod here I should put myself forward.

I'm off on holiday soon, so if no one has come forward by the start of August then I'll take it on. The only downside with me doing it is that it will need to be quite quick, come September I just won't have the time.

I'll put a new thread up and see what people think.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got to be honest and say that I am nearly at the point of giving up on this forum after the recent changes.

This forum is so slow. It makes looking through threads a real chore. It's made all of our career threads look worse. In short, it really is bloody awful and I can't believe we're stuck with it.

There is nothing to like about it as far as I am concerned. It's slow and looks like utter crap. I can't think of any nice things to say about it to be honest.

I'm very tempted to start posting about my careers, and reading other people's careers, on another fans' forum as I find this one so frustrating now. :(

Anyone else feel the same?

I have change the resolution of my PC now due to having a better graphics card and the forums look okay. All the pictures show up perfectly now within the width of the threads, sure it doesn't look quite as good as before but not enough to put me off posting here.

Perhaps I am just overreacting then. I'm just finding it very frustrating and annoying. :mad:

After the new forum, I didn't post anywhere and didn't even visit the forum for a week.

I don't like the new forum much either, but slowly I'm getting used to the new interface.

I still prefer the old style of the boards. However, the speed isn't too bad for me, pages load up fairly quickly and pictures fit in the width of the page. For me, it's bareable...unfortunate that it isn't for you C.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just finding it quite slow, especially compared to the old forum. The loading times for a new page are really poor compared to what we had before.

I also strongly dislike the new layout, although it is somewhat bearable with Swisso's update to the colour scheme. Still, I find it less intuitive generally. I find myself having to 'work' that little bit harder to navigate through threads.

Overall it frustrates me, whereas I found the old forum a pleasure to use. Perhaps I just need to work a bit harder at getting used to it.

Just curious as my parents said they'll buy me some new hardware due to good exam results. 3.12gb seems good enough considering I only have 1.75gb (DDR2) atm. Should do me well enough till I can get a new pc.

Thanks for the info Acid (Y)

Oh FFS. I'm offering out a great goalkeeper for free and one club is interested (which he promptly turns down). Current England international, 25 caps 23 yo, worth 18 million, and nobody wants him. Get real! :mad:

Odd to want to sell him you say? Yes. But I have the Portugal international, and he looks slightly better. Plus a young England one who looks great. And I've given up on using two almost evenly skilled goalkeepers as I can't keep them both happy with enough match time. It's the beginning of July too, so everybody are loaded with cash.

Aye, dynamic league reputation is great news!

They seem to have tacked it on the end of their announcement, almost as an afterthought, but it's something that's been high on the wishlist of career and "small club to big club" players for years now. That feature alone would be enough for me to buy the new game. :)

Aye, dynamic league reputation is great news!

They seem to have tacked it on the end of their announcement, almost as an afterthought, but it's something that's been high on the wishlist of career and "small club to big club" players for years now. That feature alone would be enough for me to buy the new game. :)

I think the reason for that is because in the grand scheme of things it isn't really that big a deal. There will be a number of enthusiasts here that will get quite excited about it but to the casual gamer it will probably mean nothing.

Isnt it too easy getting a decent job with no reputation? I started with no reputation and as an Icelandic manager i was getting jobs at a europe league qualifying Icelandic club, decent scotting sides and teams from B league in Scandinavia. I understand its not possible to start as a total bum in the game, but surely I shouldnt be able to get a job at a club playing in UEFA cup?

I hope they make career modes more enjoyable in FM11. I would really want more customization for your profile, i.e. favorite players, city of birth, coaching style, language etc.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can confirm that i'm not being stupid! :)

I'm currently playing in South Africa and in order to sign foreigners they need a work permit. I know the ruling for work permits to be granted (75% of International games or an exceptional talent) but this guy has just been signed by one of my rivals in the same league. He's nothing amazing but I can't for the life of me figure out why he's been granted a work permit. I've tried signing players 2/3 times better than him but they can never sign due to not being granted a WP.

Here he is -

Lelievre.png

Lelievrepersonal.png

Lelievrehistory.png

As you can see, he's not great, he hasn't played the required number of international games and he doesn't have South African nationality. So, my question is...why has he been granted a WP?

Any help would be great thanks...there's loads of good foreigners i'd love to sign! :

possibly his potential?

I'm not sure what his potential his, my scouts say he'll be a decent/good left back for the South African Prem. Nothing brilliant though, i've tried signing young foreigners who are 2/3 times better than him and they aren't granted a WP.

From what I can gather yes. I've managed to sign a couple of foreigners and all of those had played in 75% of their countries international games. I've tried signing foreigners who've played none or only a few international games and they're not granted one. If the guy I posted above was exceptional then I guess I could understand it but he's not. The thing is, i've tried signing exceptional foreigners but even those aren't given a WP. :confused:

Are the work permit conditions in South Africa the same as the ones in the UK?

I don't think they are--I think you are allowed a small number--three, maybe--foreign signings of whomever you want, and then the conditions kick in. But I don't know for sure--I only managed there for a few months, and had a hard time figuring it out as well.

One other question i've been meaning to ask...

...where's the little box at the bottom of the page that tells you who's online and viewing what?

Gone baby gone. :(

I don't think they are--I think you are allowed a small number--three, maybe--foreign signings of whomever you want, and then the conditions kick in. But I don't know for sure--I only managed there for a few months, and had a hard time figuring it out as well.

I don't think that can be right as the team he signed for already had 3 foreigners. I also only have 3 foreigners (a maximum of 5 is allowed) but I can't sign players :(.

Gone baby gone. :(

Why's that?

I'm currently playing in South Africa and in order to sign foreigners they need a work permit. I know the ruling for work permits to be granted (75% of International games or an exceptional talent) but this guy has just been signed by one of my rivals in the same league.

That applies to the United Kingdom. The rules in South Africa may well be different.

That applies to the United Kingdom. The rules in South Africa may well be different.

They could be but i'm wondering if AmaZulu can sign that guy then why can't I sign people like that? I had my scouts get a report on him after he signed for AmaZulu and they say that due to him not being able to get a wp there's not much point in following him. From what I can gather so far in my limited time in South Africa, players that have played 75% of international games or players with SA as a second nationality i've been able to sign. Players who don't, I can't which is what leads me to believe the rules are similar to the UK.

I could do. I'd like to get down to the bottom of it.

I currently have my scouts scouting Africa and they've come up with an ivorian who they think will get a wp despite him not playing any I.international games. The only thing I can think of is that he's classed as an exceptional talent. :confused:

I could do. I'd like to get down to the bottom of it.

I currently have my scouts scouting Africa and they've come up with an ivorian who they think will get a wp despite him not playing any I.international games. The only thing I can think of is that he's classed as an exceptional talent. :confused:

And the mystery continues. I agreed terms with Francois Lelievre (just to see if I could sign him) but his work permit application was turned down so i'm none the wiser as to how he initially signed.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

its definitively a weird one. this is probs wrong but could it be a case of his CA was just enough when he signed for them to be classed as an exceptional talent, but now his CA isn't good enough for him to be classed as that anymore?

its definitively a weird one. this is probs wrong but could it be a case of his CA was just enough when he signed for them to be classed as an exceptional talent, but now his CA isn't good enough for him to be classed as that anymore?

I prefer the explanation of him knowing a 'friend' in immigration! ;)

Seriously though, your theory could be correct. I don't know what else it could be :confused: It just has me curious as there's a load of foreigners i'd love to sign but can't due to a wp not being granted yet AmaZulu have one granted for Lelievre for no apparent reason. Guess i'll never know!

Now Saxon wants to start up a new adventure :D

:( Why am I so inconsistent

Also whats a good J-League and New Zealand XML that people have been using? Can't find any good ones its seems.

I use this one Sax. I quite like it since there's a real players xml as well. :)

Archived