+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2011 official announcement

Default Football Manager 2011 official announcement

YouTube video, including screenshots and match engine footage can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdYfzfZ9rs

More screenshots are at http://footballmanager.com/index.php?p=games

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011 UNVEILED

Sports Interactive Confirm Football Manager 2011 Release This Year

LONDON (August 11th, 2010) – Sports Interactive & SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Football Manager™ 2011 for PC and Apple Macintosh, and Football Manager Handheld™ 2011 for Sony PlayStation® Portable will be released before Christmas 2010. FM2011 will feature more new features than ever before, including real-time contract negotiation, a revamped training system and a number of match engine improvements, Football Manager 2011 will once again raise the bar for football management games.

Football Manager 2011 is the latest iteration of the award-winning Football Manager series. Selling in excess of 6 Million copies worldwide, Football Manager has been topping the UK PC charts for the last five years.

Football Manager 2011 will be more polished than ever this year, and Sports Interactive will again set a new standard for the genre by adding a host of new features. For the first time ever, aspiring managers can now negotiate contracts with players in real time. And by working with a multitude of real-life football agents, Sports Interactive gained an insight as to how these negotiations can be made as realistic as possible in-game. Prepare to meet different types of agents in your contract talks; each with their own personality so will therefore need a different approach.

“At Sports Interactive, we always strive to give the end-user the best experience possible,” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. “The training system for example has always been the best we thought it could be, until now. We’ve found a way to make it even better!”

With the implementation of the most intuitive training system in the series history, there is a new “match preparation” area of training so that managers can give their team specific areas to focus on in the lead up to a match. There are also more basic training schedules for players, and 14 different individual skill areas that you can focus your players
    on.

Interaction with players, staff and the board have gone to a whole new level, with a host of new boardroom and backroom requests, a new player interaction module that allows the manager to have private conversations with players, as well as public conversations regarding players at other clubs.

Two years after the launch of the 3D Match Engine, players will see a number of improvements implemented for this year’s release. With over 100 new animations added, as well as more player emotions, new player models, new stadiums, pitch textures, improved lighting, floodlit night matches, more goal celebrations and lots of other extras which improve what was already the best match simulation on the market.

The other new features announced today include a revamped media module, which will keep the managers better up to date with events going on in their football world, as well as being more customisable than ever before, and the most requested feature that the Sports Interactive community have asked for in the last few years, dynamic league reputation, which makes for an even more realistic model of the footballing world.

Further new features will be announced via Twitter (@si_games), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/officialfootballmanager), a series of blogs and the popular Football Manager Podcast in the months leading up to the game’s release. With more new features than anyone could ever fit in a press release, Football Manager will retain its position as the most realistic, most played, annually best selling, and highest reviewed football management simulation in the world.

PLEASE NOTE - THESE ARE ONLY THE FIRST FEATURES TO BE ANNOUNCED FOR THE GAME AND IS IN NO WAY A FULL, OR EVEN NEARLY FULL, FEATURE LIST.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE - discussions that aren't about what was announced today, or questions about things that haven't been announced today, will be completely ignored, so it's pointless posting them. Thank you for your understanding.
    Last edited by Neil Brock; 11-08-2010 at 12:16.

Part-Timer

Finally

Semi Pro
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...

Yey!!! Thanks a lot Miles and SI!

Part-Timer

YAY again...

Amateur

Dynamic League Reputation! At last!

The conversational style looks excellent as well, a real improvement on the current interaction system which is quite unintuitive at times.

First Team Squad Member

Literally cannot wait.

Part-Timer

Liking some of the new features mentioned especially the re-vamped training, good stuff

Amateur

Dynamic League Reputation! Woo-Hoo!

Semi Pro

When can we pre-order a copy ?

Also love the 3d engine and the way the crowd now cheers

Amateur

Wow, so much new stuff, basically almost everything i've wished for in FM 11 is going to be added! I only hope for much improved editor and i'm totally happy!

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

Popped into the forum to check for any info mere minutes after the announcement

Looking good I must say. Lovign the dynamic league reputation and new contract system.

Reserves

Great news - very nice indeed. Miles doesn't suit bright red. Other than that, I'm very impressed!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    14 different individual skill areas that you can focus your players on.
    Really pleased to see this included, especially as it was one of my suggestions

the most requested feature that the Sports Interactive community have asked for in the last few years, dynamic league reputation, which makes for an even more realistic model of the footballing world.
    This is pretty big news, it is certainly going to get me thinking about what sort of game I'll be playing with FM2011.

Looks brilliant, can't wait

Amateur

I'm excited already even if it is months to go. Especially looking forward to dynamic league reputation.

Amateur

Must say I am delighted with the prospect of Dynamic League Rep, and glad that Training has been revamped (as it's something I don't usually bother with!)

Also, really intrigued to see how this 'conversational' style will work...

All in all, I am now ridiculously excited about the release!!!

Semi Pro

Anyone know any good online shops where I can pre-order it from ? ideally these online shops are located in UK so I can get my copy sooner

Semi Pro

3d match engine looks brilliant, the added celebrations are great!

Training looks very good, this is one of the things I didn't like about FM10 and it's great to see it improved.

Dynamic League Reputation, wow SI you just pleased a whole lot of people

Also the player interaction and contract negotiations looks terrific.

Can't wait for FM10 now

Amateur

This is going to be the best FM ever...for sure

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wiitastic View Post
    Anyone know any good online shops where I can pre-order it from ? ideally these online shops are located in UK so I can get my copy sooner
    Zavvi sold it very cheap last year

Amateur

3D looks great!

Semi Pro

Brilliant, can't wait

Sports Interactive Aaron Armstrong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joe seddon View Post
    Zavvi sold it very cheap last year
    Its not guaranteed you'll get it on time from Zavvi judging by last year - some people didn't get it for a few weeks, some got it the day before release..

Love the negotiation thingie.

When can we pre-order a copy ?

Also love the 3d engine and the way the crowd now cheers
    You should be able to pre-order now from most retailers. I don't know if digital pre-orders are live yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Igorchete View Post
    Wow, so much new stuff, basically almost everything i've wished for in FM 11 is going to be added! I only hope for much improved editor and i'm totally happy!
    There's still a LOT more to announce, both big and small.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bladesman View Post
    Great news - very nice indeed. Miles doesn't suit bright red. Other than that, I'm very impressed!
    /Makes note to not wear bright red any more. Or not.

You should be able to get the game in Australia at the same time as in the UK. The quickest way to get it would be digitally through Steam, as the "midnight UK launch time" ends up being just after midday the day before in Oz...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Armstrong View Post
    Its not guaranteed you'll get it on time from Zavvi judging by last year - some people didn't get it for a few weeks, some got it the day before release..
    To be fair, there are no guarentees to get it on release day from any online retailer.

Sports Interactive

PSN: TerScotland79

This is pretty big news, it is certainly going to get me thinking about what sort of game I'll be playing with FM2011
    Small to big club challenge surely?

markyosullivan

I'm scared that all these improvements to 3D match view means that I won't be able to play FM2011. I've got a fairly basic home destop pc. And I can't afford to improve it cause I'm 16 and don't have a part time job.

Semi Pro
    And here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know!

This is brilliant

However, it means that I'm now playing through FM10 thinking 'I wish this had [insert new FM11 feature here]!

Amateur

Hello, game looks great.

We are a video game media group trying to contact someone, but the email contact that is posted came back as Delivery Status Notification (Failure). Could someone please PM me some contact info.

Thank you,

Wade Hinkle

Amateur

Can not express how grateful and happy I am that dynamic league reputation is in..

So happy, you've absolutely made my day, can not wait to go and buy this.

Fantastic job boys.

I love you all.

Amateur

Sounds great, especially dynamic league reputation and new training module. I am waiting for it so long.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    Small to big club challenge surely?
    Of course, but where in the World?

After watching the video, it is great to see the amount of improvements that have come directly from the forums. Numerous times I was thinking back to discussions that have taken place here when listening to Miles talk about the improvements and new features.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

This feature announcement has pretty much everything I could have hoped for. If you've pulled it off, you could probably just stop making Football Manager. I hope the ME is genuinely improved, and bugs are minimal. Seriously, sounds great.

Banned

What about pa-ca and rep system, will we see late bloomers?

Part-Timer

Wicked! Can't wait to try this on my new iMac

Third Team

So the day after I swear off GD for good this gets announced.
    Anyway well played SI.
    Glad to see the dynamic league rep in if only to stop people moaning about it.

Amateur

I'm glad to see that the contract talks have been improved. Very pleased to see more options when trying to sign a player. I just hope that when you have an offer negotiated and you refuse the offer that the AI doesnt come back with a higher offer as currently happens.
    I quite like the look of the player interactions too.

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    I'm scared that all these improvements to 3D match view means that I won't be able to play FM2011. I've got a fairly basic home destop pc. And I can't afford to improve it cause I'm 16 and don't have a part time job.
    If you were able to play FM10, you should be fine with FM11, although that will be confirmed after we do compatibility testing next month.

Quote Originally Posted by WadeHinkle View Post
    Hello, game looks great.

We are a video game media group trying to contact someone, but the email contact that is posted came back as Delivery Status Notification (Failure). Could someone please PM me some contact info.

Thank you,

Wade Hinkle
    If you mean you are a gaming website that wants to talk PR, then please contact your local SEGA PR rep or SEGA distributor representative.
    If you are looking to sell adverts or do partnerships, then please contact your local SEGA marketing rep or SEGA distributor representative.

Reserves

Some fantastic announcements there!

Particularly pleased about a new training system and contract negotiations. Hopefully this will work as well as we all hope it will. I'm sure dynamic league reputation will please many too, though I haven't really been bothered much with it myself. Being able to sit down with players looked really promising too. So frustrating to suddenly see unhappy players, or to not even chat with players being tapped up by other club.

Can't wait to try all this stuff out

Part-Timer

this dynamic league reputation, will prize money scale with that aswell?

Amateur

Much to look forward to, then - fleshed-out player interaction looks terrific, and there's some nice surprises in there as well.

Nice work on the video too, Miles.

Third Team

can't wait, this year all us Mac users can get it on steam from day 1 and complete the challenges that come with it \o/

Third Team

Lots of good-sounding stuff here

Also I'm delighted about what is said about contracts and negotiations. All of that is spot on

Now let's hope that the effects of the dynamic league reputation are not overly big and, just as an example, allow Austria to become a top 5 league...

Unfortunately I didn't manage to see a lot of specific new stuff in the footage. The stadia are obviously better now and creating more atmosphere, but what else should I have been able to spot on there which I missed?

Amateur

Thanks for the update, really can't wait now.

Amateur

The agents, training and dynamic league rep are definately fantastic additions!

After seeing the screenshots, the player interaction is looking pretty nice as well!
    Last edited by CBall; 11-08-2010 at 12:56.

First Team

Incidentally, would "Feature Threads" for discussion on each of the main features announced be okay?

Reserves

/Makes note to not wear bright red any more. Or not.
    I did love the green T-shirt at the start though. And I'm still buzzing about the game

markyosullivan

And thanks for clearing that up. I was scared I wasn't gonna be able to play the best sports game out for PC. :|

Could we maybe see a PS3 FM sometime soon?

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

Very, very good work guys.

You have listened to what the people want and looks like you have delivered a lot of the features people wanted in.

Dynamic league reputation will mean I will now be able to play abroad, as it was the main thing stopping me playing in smaller leagues abroad.

I am very impressed and look forward to playing what could be the best (hopefully!) FM to date.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    Incidentally, would "Feature Threads" for discussion on each of the main features announced be okay?
    Last year we had a series of blog threads (like this) for the new features/improvements. Hopefully we'll get the same again this year.

Amateur

Sounds and looks fantastic, i know what im getting for xmas . Just hope the spec is'nt too different than fm 2010 cause i don't think my laptop could take it (don't think wife will buy me a new laptop too).

Part-Timer

on the 5th screenshot, do i spy a house outside the stadium in the top left corner?

Third Team

Sounds promising, especially the dynamic league reputation.

How about the editor? Will there be any changes / developments from the 2010 version (which was brilliant, but we always want more!)?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Last year we had a series of blog threads (like this) for the new features/improvements. Hopefully we'll get the same again this year.
    I think I preferred the FM09 setup (absence of link to the Daily Mirror's website), but that was good too.

markyosullivan

Time to make Ballymoney United (my local football team) the best team in the world thanks to the dynamic leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Babel_On View Post
    Much to look forward to, then - fleshed-out player interaction looks terrific, and there's some nice surprises in there as well.

Nice work on the video too, Miles.
    Thank you! Although it was mainly SEGA's wonderful video editing teams work - I just spoke to the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by elgreenio View Post
    can't wait, this year all us Mac users can get it on steam from day 1 and complete the challenges that come with it \o/
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    I'd prefer not - let's keep it in here for now, as there's not enough detail given out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bladesman View Post
    I did love the green T-shirt at the start though. And I'm still buzzing about the game
    The green T-shirt is from http://store.glennz.com/ - loads of great designs there.

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    When the blogs start, that's a very good idea. They won't start for a few weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Liniert View Post
    on the 5th screenshot, do i spy a house outside the stadium in the top left corner?
    [Puts on Hong Kong Phooey voice] Could be [Stops doing Hong Kong Phooey voice]

Amateur

Has the AI improved it's squad management yet? Probably the most frustrating thing about the game is 10 years in when most of your rivals have a lot of old players and no squad structure. Usually results in them having 12 CM's and 2 strikers, all approx 35yrs. It becomes annoying as it lessens the competition and makes the game easier.

Amateur

Tactical instruction creative freedom continue in fm 2011? Sorry my bad english

Reserves

Would it be possible to upload higher-resolution screenshots? Difficult to see details in them.

Third Team

Just spotted the new and more precise indication of positions on the Afellay screenie. Great too

M (RLC), AM (RL) indicating the omission of the AMC position as opposed to AM RLC

Amateur

2d classic and 2d is out of game?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by CircusCarnie View Post
    Has the AI improved it's squad management yet? Probably the most frustrating thing about the game is 10 years in when most of your rivals have a lot of old players and no squad structure. Usually results in them having 12 CM's and 2 strikers, all approx 35yrs. It becomes annoying as it lessens the competition and makes the game easier.
    I'm wondering whether this is down to the mixture of real players and regens. Much further into the future when the game is all regens the squads look a lot more balanced.

Looking through the squads in the Premier League in my game, most squads feature a few teenagers and just a handful of over thirties. Not that there's anything wrong with being in your thirties

Amateur

A small thing that would be great for those of us who play network games would be the option to have all games in european league to kick off at the same day and time.

That way if we have guys in the Prem League dont have to twiddle their thumbs while the guy in the spanish league plays on the Sunday.

I know unticking the move matches allows the champs league and europa league to all play on a wednesday, but to be able to tick a box for all european league to have same kick off time would be great.

Amateur

can i just ask when your league finally gets to the top will your tv revenue be upped because if it wasn't you would still strugle to sign big players. otherwise i think the dynamic league reputation would create hours and days of great new challanges. sligo rovers in the champions league final?!?!?

Part-Timer

Hi Miles,

I posted this on another thread a couple of weeks back but wondered if you could answer it for me.

Anyone from SI games, will network games be using the same protocols and ports as last year? I work for a UK ISP and it'd be good for us to have our traffic management system identify and prioritise this as a game from launch as it's likely to be quite popular!

Amateur

Fantastic stuff, Northern Ireland should be great on FM11 with dynamic reps. Can't wait.

Third Team

Release date: before Xmas?! Oh come! Too much to wait. That sucks largely IMO.

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

One word...."out of memory" crashes!!!!!!

?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    How do you know? Tomorrow is also before Xmas .

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

THat's always been SI's default release date, in case some major mishap does not allow them to release it at their usual date of mid- to late October. Closer to the day, they'll announce the actual release day which, according to unsubstantiated and unofficial rumours, is going to be Friday 29th October...

Please note - discussions that aren't about what was announced today, or questions about things that haven't been announced today, will be completely ignored, so it's pointless posting them. Thank you for your understanding.

Semi Pro

Question Dynamic league reputation question

With regards to the dynamic league reputation, does this also apply to continental reputation as well? For example, if I manage a club from Singapore and win the Asian Club tournament and subsequently win the World Club Cup championship, will the Asian continental ranking rise as well? Or does this apply only to European leagues?

So is it possible to bring a top class European player to Asia during his peak playing days?

Thanks!

Semi Pro

Ino that's what I thought at first but I think they are just saying that as they haven't decided the release date yet. I predict late October/early November.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Armstrong View Post
    I got it 3 or 4 days after release with Zavvi. But then again I think the game was £17.99 and free delivery, which is pretty much Robbery on my behalf.

So... sorry

Reserves

Fantastıc stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by jayahr View Post
    Just spotted the new and more precise indication of positions on the Afellay screenie. Great too

M (RLC), AM (RL) indicating the omission of the AMC position as opposed to AM RLC
    Nice, isn't it

What Mons said.

Reserves

Yes! Dynamic league reps.

One question though: Is the ACL (Asian Champions League) Assessment Ranking going to be in the game? Because technically those ACL spots aren't hard coded IRL as they have an assessment every 2 years and updates the number of ACL and AFC Cup spots that each country and league gets.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mons View Post
    THat's always been SI's default release date, in case some major mishap does not allow them to release it at their usual date of mid- to late October. Closer to the day, they'll announce the actual release day which, according to unsubstantiated and unofficial rumours, is going to be Friday 29th October...
    That explains it. Thanks.

Part-Timer

Dynamic league reputation...noooo! Now I won't be able to ever attend my wife, ever again

Hey Miles, so FM2011 will be available at release date (when is that again?) for Mac users? So for me in the US it will be available midday?

Wow, so excited. Thank you for all the hard work you guys do, really. Really.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by rrdamiani View Post
    Tactical instruction creative freedom continue in fm 2011? Sorry my bad english
    Yes, I can't see it being removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrdamiani View Post
    2d classic and 2d is out of game?
    SI have said they won't be removing it any time soon.

Amateur

have you sorted out the stars rating for the speed of the game and will they be real epl kits and logos

Reserves

Would be great to understand a bit more about the private conversations as this is what I've been waiting for.

Finally players feeling like real people you can interact with.

Here's hoping 'recommend a scout' is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Twellman24 View Post
    Hey Miles, so FM2011 will be available at release date (when is that again?) for Mac users?
    It always is, so yes.

Reserves

Please note - discussions that aren't about what was announced today, or questions about things that haven't been announced today, will be completely ignored, so it's pointless posting them. Thank you for your understanding.
    Are the private conversations dynamic and based on certain situations?

ie if a player 'wants to move to a bigger club' will there be options there that are not apparent for a happy youngster?

Amateur

Cool

damn! and I was hoping I might be able to hold off until FM2012!
    I like the sound of the additions, and the dynamic League reputation bit might entice me to try other leagues other than the English

Reserves

I hope something is done about the Job Centre too. Always so frustrating to have to click on each name to find out their skills. Should be an easy way to compare them (and comparing staff like players too for that matter), like have them all listed in a screen with their attributes. Or failing that, at least a comment by the assman or something about who would be best fit for the job.

Also, if you could upload screenshots with a higher resolution that would be great. I tried to zoom in via Firefox, but the text just got very blurry. Would like to see some of the details better

Amateur

Can you post the screenshots on the main site at a better resolution since the writing is very hard to see?

Part-Timer

can't wait.

Amateur

Love the features I can see this being the best fm11 yet. With the option of being able to train specific areas i.e shooting will you be told when the player has maxed out his potential at shooting so we could then swap it to off the ball etc or do you have to keep an eye on it yourself and change it as you see fit?

Amateur

Dynamic League Reputation. I love you Miles!!!!

Reserves

Tried to send a link to you Miles, about coverage in Norway, but that wasn't possible. Posting it here instead in case you want to include it in the PR sticky.

http://gamer.no/artikler/67087/footb...-2011-avduket/

Amateur

Good news, looking to hear more about other changes not yet announced. Glad to see no wholesale changes to Ter's excellent UI. Looks to be some tactical changes too, well from the looks of one screen, eager to read more in the coming weeks.

With the training revamp, is the aim to make it more intuitive and less guess work? From some of the screenshots it looks like training schedules have been removed, do players just get added directly now to each training category and the levels adjusted accordingly?
    Last edited by Powermonger; 11-08-2010 at 14:14.

Third Team

You should be able to get the game in Australia at the same time as in the UK. The quickest way to get it would be digitally through Steam, as the "midnight UK launch time" ends up being just after midday the day before in Oz...
    Actually the day after.

Amateur

Awesome news Really can't wait for this..
    But, I have one question.. Has anything been changed for international managements?

Semi Pro

Always gets me excited when news comes out on the new version, but i'm saddened to see that the 'Tunnel' is still missing (shock horror)

Amateur

Default Stadiums?

Hello Miles. Congratulations to you and the rest of the team working in this project. I would like to ask about more details regarding the stadiums. Now many models are there? Have you included any real ones? Can we add our own? Is there any opening in European games?
    Can we build our own?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by coldlemon897 View Post
    But, I have one question.. Has anything been changed for international managements?
    This was said earlier:

So I think we'll just have to wait to find out anything else

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Liniert View Post
    this dynamic league reputation, will prize money scale with that aswell?
    Good question
    I want to know the answer for this myself so could Miles please tell?
    sorry if it sounds demanding haha!

Part-Timer

So excited for this! It all sounds great, especially Dynamic League Reputation!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast