Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What past experience did you start with? I went for semi-pro as sunday league was pretty hard to get a job on. I don't really load the lower tiers as the game starts to run too slow for me after a while.

Sunday League Footballer. I'm surprised that even Sunday League rep to get me offers from top tier Egypt and Chinese leagues (albeit, they are the worst team in the league but still a top tier job...) but nothing from New Zealand.

What past experience did you start with? I went for semi-pro as sunday league was pretty hard to get a job on. I don't really load the lower tiers as the game starts to run too slow for me after a while.

I started with Sunday League rep, and after a couple weeks have an offer from an N-League club.

I'm planning on starting a journeyman career as soon as I get the game and the first patch is released. The only thing I haven't decided is quite which leagues I'll be loading.

Has anyone had any experience running a long term game with a low performance rating? I have a feeling my FM2010 game was 5 stars for game speed so I'd be interested to hear just how slow things can get in the future.

I'm interested in this too. Is the performance star rating more reliable on FM11 at all?

I think when I end up on FM11, it will be a journeyman save for me.

Has anyone got any experience with a similar spec laptop to mine (Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz & 3GB RAM)? I always tend to be cautious as I think the laptop is on the slower side of things. I get 2.5 stars for the general computer performance rating.

I quite fancied running somewhere between 5-7 countries mostly on defaults. Probably something like: England (all leagues), Scotland (all leagues), Wales (top league), Italy (top 2), Spain (top 2) and Sweden (top 2). That's a total of something like 17 leagues from 6 countries. I'd probably use a medium database. This set-up gives me 2 stars for estimated game speed.

Any advice appreciated! :)

This forum is really going to take off this year, seems obvious there will be more careers than ever to me.

Definately planning on doing some on 2011 once I have logos and additional leagues downloaded and working, and ofc when your continental challenge is running :)

Ahh, it's too slow right now for me. Maybe 102 leagues wasn't the best idea...perhaps I'll scale back to 80-90 leagues, around the spec for the latest FM10 Crazy Canuck save.

Waiting for La Liga clarification as well so I'll delay starting my real career game till then. :thup:

I was in a way disappointed to finally get my FM11 copy delivered today as I didn't manage to get to the 2030 World Cup on my FM10 save over the weekend. I'm itching to get started on the new game so the last March to July stretch on the Tribute World Tour may be a bit of a slog... ;)

Gah!

Trying to edit in the US second and third divisions, and the editor is throwing a fit.

Trying to split the second division into its two conferences, and the editor keeps telling me "Minimum number of teams 11, found 0" when I've organized the league the same way as the lower developmental league (with teams assigned to the sub-division as opposed to the parent league) :mad:

Gah!

Trying to edit in the US second and third divisions, and the editor is throwing a fit.

Trying to split the second division into its two conferences, and the editor keeps telling me "Minimum number of teams 11, found 0" when I've organized the league the same way as the lower developmental league (with teams assigned to the sub-division as opposed to the parent league) :mad:

I tried and failed Jason. I gave up on that already...the editor still has that problem of assigning the PDL as the 2nd tier, when clearly the USSF-D2 is the 2nd tier...pretty annoyed that SI didn't change that.

In my first season with Man United I won the treble, Chicharito got European Champions League Golden boot and best player, I signed Cristiano Ronaldo for 34million as he was transfer listed by request and i got him for 195k per week!

Spurs finished second, Birmingham, Blackpool and Wigan were relegated and promoted to PL were Bristol City, Sheffield United and Nottingham Forrest. My highest score was 6-0 away to Bayern Munich in the champions league ist knockout round when i won 9-1 on aggregate

Have decided to load the ultimate career game. 133 leagues across all continents which have football leagues, 124k players. Of course, some are view-only leagues so I hope it all works out.. :p

:eek: :eek: That's a lot of leagues! :eek: I hope it'll run smoothly.

I tried and failed Jason. I gave up on that already...the editor still has that problem of assigning the PDL as the 2nd tier, when clearly the USSF-D2 is the 2nd tier...pretty annoyed that SI didn't change that.

Yeah, I can't figure out how to get around it (but I'm quite pants at editing competition :D), short of replacing everything including MLS.

Erm, guys, check your game saves, specifically two national teams (I think that's the only clue I'll need to give you), and check your updates folder in Program Files in the FM11 directory. In the update file with those two files where you need to delete it to 'unlock' everything...well if you deleted them before you resumed your saves, congratz, if not, you're screwed like me... :(

Having major problems on my Auckland City save, my manager reputation is not increasing at all despite two league wins and two O-League wins. I quit Auckland City and cannot get a job anywhere at all no 2nd division Mexican or Brazilian teams will look at me at all. All interest in any job at any level is laughed off so my challenge and maybe my career thread is screwed up if I cannot get a job anywhere at all. I am seeing managers with the same rep(national) as me getting jobs ahead of me. I even holidayed for 2 and a half years and still no luck at all. Not sure what to do, might be a bug due to starting in a created league although that seems a bit weird. Any ideas? I do not want to download an editor or anything like that.

I have never had one fail usually only takes 2 minutes to upload them in my experiences. It is much quicker than when I used FRAPS on FM10 to capture the video with and then upload to youtube.

Are you trying to upload in 1080p though? Because it's still crashing.

Having major problems on my Auckland City save, my manager reputation is not increasing at all despite two league wins and two O-League wins. I quit Auckland City and cannot get a job anywhere at all no 2nd division Mexican or Brazilian teams will look at me at all. All interest in any job at any level is laughed off so my challenge and maybe my career thread is screwed up if I cannot get a job anywhere at all. I am seeing managers with the same rep(national) as me getting jobs ahead of me. I even holidayed for 2 and a half years and still no luck at all. Not sure what to do, might be a bug due to starting in a created league although that seems a bit weird. Any ideas? I do not want to download an editor or anything like that.

IMO, it might be your league setup...I think you should have loaded some lower leagues, or at least some 'smaller' European nations or smaller Asian nations.

I thought it might be the league set up but on FM10 I moved straight from New Zealand to Australia and could have gone to Japan or Egypt as well. The set up doesn't really answer why the reputation has not gone up at all since the start of the game despite winning stuff. I think I may have to start again.

I thought it might be the league set up but on FM10 I moved straight from New Zealand to Australia and could have gone to Japan or Egypt as well. The set up doesn't really answer why the reputation has not gone up at all since the start of the game despite winning stuff. I think I may have to start again.

It might be nationality too. My real life HK second nationality helps me get jobs from Asian clubs. Maybe use the same setup and load all the leagues (like down to the BSN/BSS in England for example) from a nation and see how it goes.

I'm not using any created leagues but I've seen my reputation move from 'Unproven' to 'Regional' in just over two years.

That is what is annoying me I have seen my manager rep go up in my other saves but not this one.

It might be nationality too. My real life HK second nationality helps me get jobs from Asian clubs. Maybe use the same setup and load all the leagues (like down to the BSN/BSS in England for example) from a nation and see how it goes.

I think nationality is holding me back on getting a job along with the reputation thing. I am pretty sure I saw a Brazilian download that put Brazil into 4 tiers rather than how it is now. I will maybe make a Brazilian manager and start there leaving New Zealand until last.

That is what is annoying me I have seen my manager rep go up in my other saves but not this one.

I think nationality is holding me back on getting a job along with the reputation thing. I am pretty sure I saw a Brazilian download that put Brazil into 4 tiers rather than how it is now. I will maybe make a Brazilian manager and start there leaving New Zealand until last.

Sent you a private message re: that NZ edit discussed in the challenge thread acid. On the nationality thing I started with English and had offers from League 2 clubs on Semi-Pro rep, on the one hand I could play on and see what jobs I can get as I've loaded a lot more leagues but don't know how much time I'll have.... would be a shame if we have to wait for more edited leagues to arrive before this challenge is really workable.

It's been a while since I've been involved in this 'moving clubs' lark, I've pretty much forgotten how to do it.

Which of these is the best way to go about getting a new job at a better club?

Applying while under contract

Resigning then applying

Allowing my contract to expire

Waiting for an offer while at a club

I just got this message from Photobucket:

Every free account with Photobucket is allotted 10 GB of monthly bandwidth and our records show that you have less than 3 GB of bandwidth left to your account.

Can someone give me an explanation, preferably with small words and big pictures. :D

What exactly does that mean? It goes on to say, 'if you exceed the free allotted bandwidth remaining for your account, your files will be temporarily disabled and replaced with a "Photobucket Bandwidth Exceeded" icon for the remainder of the month's cycle'. I'm a bit worried about that.

How can I avoid this and what exactly does this bandwidth message mean? Is it just as simple as the number of photographs I'm uploading or what?

Perhaps I should find an alternative site to use for the rest of the month, to make sure that my pictures don't get disabled. Any suggestions?

I just got this message from Photobucket:

Can someone give me an explanation, preferably with small words and big pictures. :D

What exactly does that mean? It goes on to say, 'if you exceed the free allotted bandwidth remaining for your account, your files will be temporarily disabled and replaced with a "Photobucket Bandwidth Exceeded" icon for the remainder of the month's cycle'. I'm a bit worried about that.

How can I avoid this and what exactly does this bandwidth message mean? Is it just as simple as the number of photographs I'm uploading or what?

Perhaps I should find an alternative site to use for the rest of the month, to make sure that my pictures don't get disabled. Any suggestions?

There's imageshack which isn't that bad, and you don't need to sign up to use it.

Archived