Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interested, but it's not practical for me :(
I don't even know how these things work...

I was previously involved in a clan and really enjoyed it. I was just wondering about interest and numbers really.

Clan games are good if you can get in a strong clan that has regular players and players that you can trust won't cheat.

Unless you like cheating of course, but if I found out somebody cheated in a clan I played in either them or I would leave.

I had a fun clan game with a good group back on FM07 but when FM08 came around, we had some new faces in the group who were pretty unreliable and it wasn't as much fun... I haven't got the time right now but I'd be up for it over the summer. Could be a good way to fill the gap between my career running its course and FM12 :)

• 2 weeks later...
I prefer videos to lengthy posts as I'm a bit lazy. Also "a picture speaks a thousand words"

Flamers

I'm looking to start up a new career but apparently I can only use 4 images per post- and my plan is pretty much your agenda, to post screenshots. Is there any way to increase this limit guys?

I am thinking of doing a save starting in 2111 or 2100. I have holidayed to these dates, the thing is the opening post will have a history of the game and may appear to be a bit story like to start with. Would there be any interest in following a career that starts 100 years after the start of FM11 or will the lack of any real players and teams in completely different leagues put people off?

One nation, I was holidaying to see how far into the future I can go on my flashy new PC and I saw Sunderland in league two in 2100 having not been in the EPL since 2028 thought it might make a good save. On another note Gillingham just won the EPL in 2111 but if I start it will be 11 years earlier.

Continental dominance is dead for the moment due to losing the stuff on my PC, when the new patch is out I expect I will start again.

It took 2 days and 8 hours roughly. I just ran fm in the background while I was on the net or playing the xbox. Only loaded three countries as well it is still doing a season in around 40 minutes in 2113.

Is it still running okay AB? Hasn't it slowed down massively!

Do you think you can get another 100 years out of it! :D

Hasn't really slowed that much at all my new PC is extremely fast. I think by this time next week I could get to 2200, if it would be playable from that date on is another question.

------------wants to see an AB thread

Once the patch is out I will be posting a proper continental dominance thread, just can't get into a save enough to do a career thread at the moment. Good to hear you are looking forward to it lol.

Fair enough. Bit of a hassle really as I've got the career posted elsewhere in a decent enough format so it'll take some time turning it all over to text format. Cheers mate.

The limit of four is across the forum. The only other way aside from posting links is by making extra posts.

I know how you feel, I haven't been able to get into a game for awhile now I am hoping the new patch will help me get into a proper save. My Sunderland save feels ruined due to my success being down to Darren Bent and for some reason my dislike of him in real life is putting me off continuing the save.

I know how you feel, I haven't been able to get into a game for awhile now I am hoping the new patch will help me get into a proper save. My Sunderland save feels ruined due to my success being down to Darren Bent and for some reason my dislike of him in real life is putting me off continuing the save.

Well, I was really enjoying my other save, but it was chugging along and I was really losing interest in it, due to the slowness. So I'm trying to set up a new one, but no team feels right.

I was waiting on the patch also. Thought I was going to keep playing my existing game until it was released, but I just kind of abandoned it. :/

I started my game up last night and will hopefully have the thread up and running by tonight. Can't wait to get stuck into a proper save just hope the reputation thing is fixed so I can actually leave New Zealand at some point.

Daf. Is there anyway i can get that ban lifted as what i said was deemed as a joke and okay might have been stupid but obviously i dont want to be banned. Is there anyway of getting it lifted? If not then i guess il just stay away from the forums. I tried using the contact part of the site but got no reply what so ever cheers

Jackrippe

Daf. Is there anyway i can get that ban lifted as what i said was deemed as a joke and okay might have been stupid but obviously i dont want to be banned. Is there anyway of getting it lifted? If not then i guess il just stay away from the forums. I tried using the contact part of the site but got no reply what so ever cheers

Jackrippe

I'm going to have to ban this alias account now, but before I do that, mods[at]sigames.com is the place to contact. If you could also send a copy to me (dafuge[at]hotmail.com) then I can check that the message is getting through.

Does anyone think there would be any interest in a career taking place on an older version of Football Manager?

To come straight to the point, my laptop is getting on and, unfortunately, the old girl struggles to run many leagues on FM10 or 11. :(

I was actually considering going backwards to an older FM in order to be able to run more leagues and thus have a journeyman game. I'm not sure if people in here would be interested in reading a career on an old version of FM though?

Would there be a following interest in player career games? Like you're a player in the game and I'm just following their progress over (a hopefully) long time?

I can't get into a new save atm so maybe I'll think of a new approach to a career in the Careers Forum. I remember Raware did one of these but it didn't really last...

Does anyone think there would be any interest in a career taking place on an older version of Football Manager?

To come straight to the point, my laptop is getting on and, unfortunately, the old girl struggles to run many leagues on FM10 or 11. :(

I was actually considering going backwards to an older FM in order to be able to run more leagues and thus have a journeyman game. I'm not sure if people in here would be interested in reading a career on an old version of FM though?

Would there be a following interest in player career games? Like you're a player in the game and I'm just following their progress over (a hopefully) long time?

I can't get into a new save atm so maybe I'll think of a new approach to a career in the Careers Forum. I remember Raware did one of these but it didn't really last...

A big yes from me for both threads, I would read them for sure. It will be good to see a few different things going on in the threads in here.

Cheers for your response AB. :thup:

Another question for you guys - should we have a 'hall of fame'?

I've just been reading the Dugout forum and they have a sort of archive for 'legendary' saves. Occasionally, they have a vote and people nominate their favourite careers (but they can't nominate their own). Basically, if one career receives a nomination, then others have their say and if everyone agrees that it captured the imagination of those reading, it is moved into their archive section. What they do on the Dugout is to have periodic voting (e.g. rounds of nominations) to keep it going.

I kind of like this idea. It would be good for new people coming on to the forum who want to read some of the great old stories and it would show what makes a good career save and career thread. It would also keep some of the community's best stories alive. I quite like the bit about others nominating stories and that you wouldn't be allowed to nominate your own, as it kind of makes it a celebration of each others' careers rather than anyone showing off etc.

Do you think maybe we should have a sub-forum 'hall of fame' for this kind of thing? What do people think?

Archived