Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

I don't know whether I can ask in here but as some of you may know I have my career updates thread going. The thing is I am under achieving. the question I would like to ask is if I leave before I am sacked and then join another club and do well and then say the Nottingham Forest job becomes available again will the board consider me for the job again. Will they consider me for it if I am sacked as well and I do what I have said.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone give me an explanation, preferably with small words and big pictures. :D

Each time that someone views one of your pictures, that image is fetched from Photobucket to their computer. So, if the image is 100kb in size and 10 people view it, that's 1,000 kb of bandwidth that you've used.

That's the core of it. Usually, the image is saved on the viewer's computer so they don't need to refetch it if they return to the page, there are some other things in there, too; but that's the core math. So, there are a couple of options to manage it--(1) use smaller images, (2) remove some of the older images, etc.

And, of course, the use of imageshack is always a possibility, although, I believe they have their own set of limits/restrictions.

Each time that someone views one of your pictures, that image is fetched from Photobucket to their computer. So, if the image is 100kb in size and 10 people view it, that's 1,000 kb of bandwidth that you've used.

That's the core of it. Usually, the image is saved on the viewer's computer so they don't need to refetch it if they return to the page, there are some other things in there, too; but that's the core math. So, there are a couple of options to manage it--(1) use smaller images, (2) remove some of the older images, etc.

And, of course, the use of imageshack is always a possibility, although, I believe they have their own set of limits/restrictions.

That's a very helpful post. Thanks Makonnen. :)

So I guess in this sense, it's best not to use image tags most of the time, because everyone is automatically 'fetching' your pictures, whereas if you use URL instead, only those who click will be 'fetching' it, right? Does that make any sense?

Out of interest, what do people do with their screenshots for their career threads?

What I mean is, how long do you keep them? When do you delete them? And so on and so forth.

I never delete mine. I don't like deleting things...lol

Although if I do need to delete some of the older screenies from FM08. But that's if I really need to delete them.

I never delete mine. I don't like deleting things...lol

Although if I do need to delete some of the older screenies from FM08. But that's if I really need to delete them.

Do you ever get bandwidth problems then Rancer?

I suppose the older pictures don't get looked at as often anyway.

I've just checked my bandwidth thingy and it's now only 1GB left. I guess the best way ahead for me is to just make sure I don't upload any more screenshots for the rest of the month and use ImageShack instead.

rancer890 do you have a working J-League? I downloaded the one in your thread in the challenge forum but it just showed up as greyed out. It is possible that I did something wrong though lol.

The one from neoseeker? Just download the update file and it should work. It should be called japan_updated_2010.dbc

I'm quite sure it works as it's fine in my career game

Do you ever get bandwidth problems then Rancer?

I suppose the older pictures don't get looked at as often anyway.

I've just checked my bandwidth thingy and it's now only 1GB left. I guess the best way ahead for me is to just make sure I don't upload any more screenshots for the rest of the month and use ImageShack instead.

I don't go anywhere near the bandwidth limit. Probably because I don't post many screenies and the images I insert in the forum are from wikipedia. Maybe you can change the screenshots when you press alt-F9 into jpg files because the difference in file size is quite large (in PNG it's 600 something kb, and in JPEG it's around 200 kb)

The biggest tip would be to reduce the size of the image you upload to photobucket. This is usually done by making the files smaller in their dimensions--converting a file that is very wide to one that is only 400 pixels wide, for instance. Sometimes, you can make them smaller by converting them to less image-rich formats--gif's, for example, are generally smaller in size than jpg's.

The one from neoseeker? Just download the update file and it should work. It should be called japan_updated_2010.dbc

I'm quite sure it works as it's fine in my career game

Got it working now cheers.

Does photobucket allow you to resize the image to 600x800 like imageshack does?

After not being able to get a job I have started my challenge again with more leagues open, I will not be starting a career thread until I have at least 5 seasons in the bag I just hope me having to start again will not put people off reading once I get going in a new thread.

I am sure my FM11 is cursed for my career, first I could not get a job anywhere so had to start again and now I keep getting crash dump error on the same date all the time. 6 seasons as Sunderland manager and no crash dump at all one season in New Zealand and now I cannot continue. I really don't know what to do I have wasted a fair few hours doing this, thinking of waiting for the last patch before starting properly.

New Zealand is added I have to add it as it's the only way I can win all the champions leagues. It went fine for 3 seasons first time I played there now I am not sure what to do as I could end up playing another season all for nothing.

I am using steam and the crash dump on that game kept happening on the 5th of March, I tried holidaying through it but it would crash every time. If this attempt does not work then I will take you up on setting the game up. Thanks very much for the offer dude.

So I tried again but holidayed for a season before getting into a game and it crashed on a different date this time. I have loaded a different New Zealand league now as when I had a different one the game went fine, is it possible that the custom leagues are making the game crash?

Just set it to holiday while I am at the football should do a few seasons by the time I get back so I can see if it crashes again. If it does I will PM you later tonight rancer.

Got my mits on the new game. Is it me or do games set up faster now? I set up a game with around 75 leagues by 24 nations and on last years game I had a similar set up but this year's seemed a lot quicker. Good omens I must say

I don't know how possible it is but with what Crouchaldinho mentioned the other day about Photobucket, surely it would be worth it to set up an email account or few and then set up Photobucket accounts through the email addresses. Surly this could get around having to delete old images to make room and stuff. I was reading the other stickied thread in here and got my idea from that. I don't if it has been mentioned or not before, if not what do you guys think?

So I tried again but holidayed for a season before getting into a game and it crashed on a different date this time. I have loaded a different New Zealand league now as when I had a different one the game went fine, is it possible that the custom leagues are making the game crash?

Just set it to holiday while I am at the football should do a few seasons by the time I get back so I can see if it crashes again. If it does I will PM you later tonight rancer.

Well hope you can fix your problems. If not, just PM me, although I'll be busy tonight watching the MLS Cup Final, at BMO Field in Toronto. :p

well after some time away mainly down to black ops i came to have a nose around and have come across people mentioning this transfer bug? I dont fancy going through the GD forum and reading the countless threads on it so i thought id ask in here. Does it really make it unplayable as many are suggesting. I dont fancy playing a game where i can exploit it in a sort of way by signing world class players for cheap. Should i just carry on with BO till this issue gets fixed?

well after some time away mainly down to black ops i came to have a nose around and have come across people mentioning this transfer bug? I dont fancy going through the GD forum and reading the countless threads on it so i thought id ask in here. Does it really make it unplayable as many are suggesting. I dont fancy playing a game where i can exploit it in a sort of way by signing world class players for cheap. Should i just carry on with BO till this issue gets fixed?

I've not noticed it at all, although I'm playing in the lower leagues so I'm not in a position to sign players for money. My guess it is only an issue if you start off as a massive club, or get there quite quickly.

I played 6 seasons as Sunderland and only noticed Balotelli moving for around £6 million 3 or 4 seasons in. Other than that all transfers were reasonably realistic, people in GD moan but for FM10 they were saying that the prices were too high and wanted prices more like what they are seeing in FM11.

Has anyone got any tips on avoiding the bandwidth going so high again?

Posting up less screenshots is an obvious one!

Will it make a difference if they are URLs rather than IMG tags?

Any other tips?

Reduce the quality of the image ;)

I use paint.net, which is free and you can compress the image, more compress lowers quality but massively reduces file size :)

Flamers

• 2 weeks later...

Drat, I get in a position where I can take over local side Exeter City in my journeyman game and they are rock bottom of league 2 and my current club Woking are 12th with 19 points more. Really wanted to represent my local side but it's a step down :(

Is it technically a step down though Azeryk-? I mean, are they perhaps still a bigger club with better resources?

I took what might be considered a 'step back' in my calcio journeyman save. I dropped a division in that instance but knew that it was a good move for my career because the club had more resources and was in a better situation financially etc.

Well they are not that much bigger as they have slipped in game compared to real life. I ended up declaring interest in the position but was never given the option to apply so it ended up going to the caretaker manager who has the same rep as me. I do have itchy feet and want to move on now though and every job applied for I keep losing out to people with the same rep as me so I think being at a club is putting clubs off from hiring me. Tempted to leave Woking at the end of the season as my contract expires then and after two promotions from BSS to L2 they are pretty much as high as I could have hoped for.

Most likely, unless an amazing opportunity creates itself then I'll leave at the end of the season when my contract expires and see where things take me from there. But it looks like I've secured their football league status for another year so it's pretty much mission accomplished. So far I've managed:

Season   Country     League              Club            Position        Cups
2010/11  England     Blue Square South   Woking          14th
2011/12  England     Blue Square South   Woking          1st
2012/13  England     Blue Square Premier Woking          1st
2013/14  England     League Two          Woking

Woking
2011/12 - Blue Square South Winner
2011/12 - Blue Square South Manager of the Year Runner-Up
2011/12 - Blue Sqaure South Manager of the Month (x1) 
2012/13 - Blue Square Premier Winner
2012/13 - Blue Sqaure Premier Manager of the Year

Now manager of Bury who were struggling the season after I left Woking, has declined Stockport only the week before and there is huge potential for progress with Bury. Also become manager of the Cook Islands - never going to win any tournaments with them but will add something new to the mix.

@rancer890 - I was offered a couple whilst at Woking but nothing worth signing, or that I could afford :p

bestevery.th.jpg

My best result ever after beating Serbian White Eagles 4-1 in round one we were 9-1 underdogs against Pohang who we beat 1-0. Then lost to Barcelona 2-1 in a good defensive performance. 3rd place play-off and we managed to win, easily the best match I have ever been part of on any FM ever to beat the champions of South America with a New Zealand team is awesome.

Archived