Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

I'm not sure about everyone else but I'm not a big fan of too many stickies. Hopefully once people start playing the game the anecdotes thread will start to be used more often, as it was at times with FM2010.

Maybe it needs a catchier title?

I'm not a fan of too many stickies either, but this forum is good about not flooding the top of the screen with them. In my opinion, a sticky for the Anecdotes/Updates thread would be warranted, to ensure it gets used by newcomes and regulars alike. But I defer to our good Mod... :)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds good, I plan a decent MLS career at some point on FM11 so hope you are successful in making it all adds to the realism of the game.

I now have:

1. All newspapers in MLS ciities and their beat writers (it looks like the National Post and Globe and Mail, and Chicago Tribune do not have dedicated writers for TFC and Chicago Fire respectively, at least not that I could extrapolate from stories on their websites)

2. Other non-newspaper sources: ESPN, Soccernet.com, FoxSoccer.com, Soccer America and Sports Illustrated. From them, I've added Alexi Lalas, Jen Chang, Steve Davis, Allen Hopkins, Jamie Trecker, Paul Gardner, Ridge Mahoney, and Grant Wahl.

3. Plan to add the CBC and TSN as Canadian media sources. If rancer or other Canadians could let me know some of the personalities, I'll add in specific journalists for those media outlets as well.

4. I will test out of the above edits in a game, and if it works then I'll probably end up adding some of the fanzines like Buzz Carrick and 3rdDegree.Net.

5. If you have other media sources or personalities that I'm forgetting about (just remembered Glenn Davis myself), let me know.

Canadian TV personalities:

- TSN: They don't have a Soccer analyst

- Rogers Sportsnet: Gerry Dobson, Craig Forrest

- The Score - James Sharman, Kristian Jack, Sid Seixeiro (tbf, he's a news anchor but he co-hosts 'The Footy Show' with Sharman and Jack, both who are also bloggers on The Score), Joe Ross (blogger), Thomas Dobby (blogger), Brendan Dunlop (blogger)

- CBC Sports - Jason de Vos, Nigel Reed, John Molinaro

I hope King Jeff knows some more, these are from the top of my head and a quick wiki check.

Hmmm. May need to do some extra work on the media edit.

Nick Dasovic just got the TFC job, and at the press conference was fielding questions from "A Journalist" with Sports Illustrated, Soccer America, and the Washington Post, but none of the Canadian outlets.

IIRC, SI lists TFC as an "American" club, but I set the Toronto newspapers to cover TFC. :/

Wonder if I have to set them to cover United States in addition to Canada.

Why is TFC considered American in the game again?

BTW, I haven't started a career game, is it possible to add in the media outlets and whatever after I start a game and add it in later? I'm mainly waiting for correct media outlets and real agents file and then I can start.

Why is TFC considered American in the game again?

Think it has something to do with MLS being the US top division. Cardiff and Swansea are listed as English clubs.

BTW, I haven't started a career game, is it possible to add in the media outlets and whatever after I start a game and add it in later? I'm mainly waiting for correct media outlets and real agents file and then I can start.

Dunno. This is my first crack at editing.

The good news is, the Toronto Star and Toronto Sun were represented in the pre- and post-match interviews. I'm still getting "A Journalist" listed though.

Also getting the likes of the New York Times showing up at a Columbus-Toronto press conference. I have a pretty good guess as to why that's happening. (I've had all the US media outlets set to cover MLS, the US Open Cup, and CCL competitions. So I think that's why I'm getting that sort of thing)

If you start unemployed and are not bothered where your first job is then set it to apply for any job and just holiday mode it with it set to stop when someone offers you a contract. It's how I do it as a 6-month wait for a first job does get boring.

I really hope these Egyptian and New Zealand leagues I used for FM10 work properly on FM11 would hate to start my continental dominance and get stuck after 15 years.

I realized that a lot of xml files from FM10 aren't working for FM11. I'm editing or recreating leagues so bear with me mate. I haven't even played the game because of the editing I have to do.. :p

Although Tunisia still doesn't work because no teams in the Amateur IV division so I'm working on that.

Tried New Zealand early hours of this morning and it worked well, I wanted a UAE league but that file doesn't work.

Really? I had messem's NZ file and it crashed on me so I had to edit that. I'm also in the process of editing some Asian league xml files from last year because I'm not sure if they're working.

German file also crashed on me so I redid Regionalliga, and might do the 5th tier if I had some info.

If anyone has a working Tunisia file I would appreciate it thanks.

Not sure who did the New Zealand one I had I just found something on the PC called New Zealand.xml tried it and it worked, holidayed 2 seasons and it was fine.

I tried to load the UAE one I have and got the following message.

Could not process rule group setting in (file location) Emirates President Cup too many teams(160 requested from Emirati First Division A(8 team)

I don't have a clue about editing.

Not sure who did the New Zealand one I had I just found something on the PC called New Zealand.xml tried it and it worked, holidayed 2 seasons and it was fine.

I tried to load the UAE one I have and got the following message.

Could not process rule group setting in (file location) Emirates President Cup too many teams(160 requested from Emirati First Division A(8 team)

I don't have a clue about editing.

That means there's 8 teams assigned to the Emirati First Division A, and there's 160 teams in total in that Division...you need to somehow find another 152 teams on the internet to match the 160 stated in the db error. :p

Does anyone (like Jason) know if I add teams in the MLS Academy Division they will work properly with their parent clubs in MLS?

That means there's 8 teams assigned to the Emirati First Division A, and there's 160 teams in total in that Division...you need to somehow find another 152 teams on the internet to match the 160 stated in the db error. :p

Does anyone (like Jason) know if I add teams in the MLS Academy Division they will work properly with their parent clubs in MLS?

That should say 16 not 160 lol.

Got my copy from Steam this morning, very nice. Think I will lay my FM10 Leyton Orient game to rest. Going to have a go an MLS game until Christmas, when hopefully all the XML files and the like will be out. Lets see if this dynamic rep thing works in north america!

Possibly, but test nation rules so it can work properly. Tell me if it works because I'll be deleting the Tunisian 4th tier.

Has anyone had trouble creating new leagues?

Won't be trying it for a couple of hours but will let you know what happens.

Rancer do you have a UAE xml anywhere mine just will not work the cup competition is a bit confusing to edit properly.

Do you have Frank Ng's UAE league from FM10? I haven't tested that one yet since I'm still trying to change the Canadian and the American lower leagues.

The only workaround I can think of atm is to delete the cup.

Is there any bloody way to stop the editor from considering the USSF-D2 the 3rd division? Why is the PDL hardcoded in the game in the first place... (Jason please help :p)

I managed to get it working had to switch how many teams from each division were selected to enter the cup. I also had to add teams from the third tier into the second tier in order for it to work. Hopefully it will load now.

Do you have Frank Ng's UAE league from FM10? I haven't tested that one yet since I'm still trying to change the Canadian and the American lower leagues.

The only workaround I can think of atm is to delete the cup.

Is there any bloody way to stop the editor from considering the USSF-D2 the 3rd division? Why is the PDL hardcoded in the game in the first place... (Jason please help :p)

I don't know anything about editing leagues. I tried, but gave up pretty quickly. :D

I don't know anything about editing leagues. I tried, but gave up pretty quickly. :D

No one on fmnorthamerica can fix it either. :(

I'm not really that arsed about the Spanish issue tbh...

1. I don't play in Spain much

2. In J-League there's a suspension for 2 yellow cards, so I'm actually used to playing with those rules. :p

If you start unemployed and are not bothered where your first job is then set it to apply for any job and just holiday mode it with it set to stop when someone offers you a contract. It's how I do it as a 6-month wait for a first job does get boring.

Cheers, I'll try that. :thup:

Just messing around with Italy and England loaded instead of England Spain, started unemployed and ended up at Auckland City where I started on FM10 not sure if I go with them or holiday again and see what happens.

Auckland City and some other New Zealand clubs rejected my offer. Most of my offers were from Asia and Africa (Egypt, China, Japan).

Auckland City and some other New Zealand clubs rejected my offer. Most of my offers were from Asia and Africa (Egypt, China, Japan).

What past experience did you start with? I went for semi-pro as sunday league was pretty hard to get a job on. I don't really load the lower tiers as the game starts to run too slow for me after a while.

Archived