dafuge's FM18 challenge

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hypanimz said:

On the subject of coaching badges I have already been allowed to study for my C license by the board. Usually takes a while to start getting these for me!

I am studying for my C license as well in preseason of the first year and one of my coaches is studying for an upgrade. I guess playing with Billericay makes things like this a lot easier.

23 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Shaw Lane interest me after they dumped us out of the cup, Lancaster too as they're local... Farsley Celtic are a bit of a throwback club and I have a good friend from Witton so those would probably be my choices. Going to do a few reloads to see if one pops up, if I can't get any of these and someone else has had a bit of luck, I would appreciate if you could send me the save file. 

So after reloading for most of yesterday i have given up on Tooting and Mitcham! I managed to have Shaw Lane pop and so i will start this challenge with them.

If any wants the save file i have used a large database with all English leagues loaded

Heres the save file https://www.mediafire.com/file/6m8bxqb9zzhi68p/Defuges challenge shaw lane.fm

15 hours ago, Ivs said:

Good!

Any chance to create a ddt file to retain the players?

If not possible, Touch players might as well use only the available players in the db.

Just to clarify this point.

To be honest, I've no idea how to create a ddt file any more. I'm not even sure how they work.

Just go ahead and play with the closet database you can.

15 hours ago, psychonutter said:

@dafuge I think the answer is gonna be no but if I genuinely have a coaching badge can I have it in game for the challenge? As I said I think it's gonna be a no but figured it's worth an ask just in case

It seems a shame not to have it in the game, but it would make things slightly easier for you in terms of the challenge.

I guess I have to say no.

4 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

Brought in a new CB and saw a social media comment that he was hardly any better that what we already had!

Well is he any better than your 1 CB? LOL

The whole social media thing is a bit lost on me, I just ignore it 99% of the time.

Just now, Upside Down said:

Much better, well done. I have had trouble finding CBs to sign that improve the squad. Those I have are quite good but really wanted a very good one but nothing yet.

Since its relative to my small squad.  There are no quality players at the club so almost everyone i scout is an improvement

Well, I'm half way into the season and things are not look good at the moment. 23 games in and the result is 3 wins, 8 draws and 12 losses. Second to last at the moment, 6 points of safety. I have hope to turn it around, but it's looking bleak.

y7mIfNM.png

I don't know why we started so good and then have bombed. At least we aren't getting thumped, though.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well, I'm half way into the season and things are not look good at the moment. 23 games in and the result is 3 wins, 8 draws and 12 losses. Second to last at the moment, 6 points of safety. I have hope to turn it around, but it's looking bleak.

y7mIfNM.png

I don't know why we started so good and then have bombed. At least we aren't getting thumped, though.

Similar story here in starting well and then tanking. Won my first 3 games and then have only won 1 out of the next 8. I think i'm trying to be a bit ambitious in my tactics and may have to scale it back a bit.

How are your finances doing, i'm seemingly spending 10k a month on scouting and that is just scouting players who i see in the search screen or who come to me.

The scouts haven't actually traveled anywhere yet to look for anyone.

15 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

Similar story here in starting well and then tanking. Won my first 3 games and then have only won 1 out of the next 8. I think i'm trying to be a bit ambitious in my tactics and may have to scale it back a bit.

I've switched to a 4-5-1 on counter to see if it helps. We are playing better, but still losing.

7 minutes ago, Wlv said:

You, sir, are a knight. Thank you very much :)

You are welcome! :)

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The board is concerned by the lack of support I have from the players. 

Should I be worried or is that to be expect due to the lack of coaching qualifications and playing experience?

Started off with two out of two in the league. 

Must be the players you have, i've lost 3 out of 5 and still got adequate support.

1464852439.jpg&w=120&h=120&t=square

Shaw Lane - 2018/19

Always going to be a hard first season, but I feel like we could've done much better. Things started well and we were comfortable mid table, only a few points off playoffs, until December. After that, the goals dried up even though I had been playing a narrow 4-3-3. I tried switching to the more standard 4-4-2 to grind out results, but that led to getting shutout almost every game, so I switched back. We were able to win a couple times towards the end of the season to make sure relegation was never a threat. It was tough at the beginning of the year because there was no wage budget available and I couldn't get the older players off the wages until this next season. Hopefully, a big club restructure will put us in a much better position for next year.

Vanarama North - Like I said, decent enough, next year should be better.

FA Trophy - Not a very good showing as we lost in the 1st round to a good AFC Telford side.

FA Cup - Good run in the FA Cup making it to the first round before losing to Colchester.

Transfers - A couple of good signings, 41 year old Gary Jones played surprisingly well from the midfield.

Squad - Need to overhaul the age in this side (our best 2 midfielders are 41 and 38) and we have 2 strikers aged 33 and 34, one who didn't play at all and the other who played out of necessity, making a combined 725 p/w.

Finances - Yeah not very good, but welcome to this challenge.

Key Player Profiles:

Gary Jones - Did not expect this man to score 8 from midfield, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Ryan Qualter - Played well for a 17th place team's defense.

David Norris - More proof that our strikers couldn't score and we needed old midfielders.

Chib Chilaka - The best of a bad strikeforce.

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    FA Cup     FA Trophy      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama North    17th        1st Round  1st Round      Poor                   Basic                Minimal             Limited             N/A                    Chilaka (12)              Walker/Chilaka (6)            Jones (7.01)

52 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

Is anyone else finding they're getting no in-match feedback from the Asst Manager?

It might depend on your ass man, poor ones don't give feedback. I found that mine gave some feedback but it was at the top in green.

I make sure the feedback is one of the boxes you can select on both the highlights and main match screen

1 minute ago, Thebaker said:

It might depend on your ass man, poor ones don't give feedback. I found that mine gave some feedback but it was at the top in green.

I make sure the feedback is one of the boxes you can select on both the highlights and main match screen

Ah thank you - still finding my way around.

8 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

Holy heck my tax bill is almost as big as my wage costs!

Season to 2nd Jan 2019

Wages £188k

Tax      £135k

of which VAT £100k.

My tax bill is 12K by oct, my scouting bill is 75K by comparison

Struggling to find time to play, so far played the first of my 10 scheduled friendlies.

Having trouble getting any player tutoring the young ones and the screen when you wait for a highlight without the assistant manager feedback is lacking, need to see if its customizable.

Archived