dafuge's FM18 challenge

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MikaelS said:

And btw, feel free to hop in the Dafuge Challenge group chat on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dafugechallenge# (Ignore the name a bit :))

It has existed in 5 years or so and all though not packed with people, its usually fun and you can chat with others playing Dafuge Challenge.

My word, I'm still a member there. I shall join the chat at once!

4 hours ago, MikaelS said:

@dafuge So glad to see your challenge up again. Unfortunately I am not sure I will participate this year, seeing my beloved Chippenham got promoted last season. It feels like cheating if I choose another team.

But good luck to everyone ;)

in the same boat, been so many years that i have played them i cant cope with the idea of playing as another team. Might have to just watch from the bench this season

Bilericay feels a bit like cheating when I have players like Konchesky and Pennant in the team. Overall the team should be getting promotion in the first season it is so strong although I might be able to muck that up. Going very slowly, still in preseason and getting in players as I learn all the new features in the game.

Shaw Lane interest me after they dumped us out of the cup, Lancaster too as they're local... Farsley Celtic are a bit of a throwback club and I have a good friend from Witton so those would probably be my choices. Going to do a few reloads to see if one pops up, if I can't get any of these and someone else has had a bit of luck, I would appreciate if you could send me the save file. 

7 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Shaw Lane interest me after they dumped us out of the cup, Lancaster too as they're local... Farsley Celtic are a bit of a throwback club and I have a good friend from Witton so those would probably be my choices. Going to do a few reloads to see if one pops up, if I can't get any of these and someone else has had a bit of luck, I would appreciate if you could send me the save file. 

I have Farsley Celtic on a game if you want it. Loaded only the English leagues, large db and the only extra players are the ones from the tiers below conference regional. Otherwise you can look at the post by @G_D_K who have a lot of different teams and configurations.

1 minute ago, Peter G said:

I have a question.

My long term FM save involves managing Canvey Island who are two divisions below the Conference South. Would winning everything with them also count as the challenge being completed?

Unfortunately not, as you'd need to use the editor to make Canvey playable in the second season.

I will try this challenge again! But this time I will complete one sesason before I start to report my progress in this thread, since I have the habbit of giving up sometimes. But I love the idea of the challenge!

Just now, dafuge said:

Looks like you've holidayed two years as you're in 2019. They must have been relegated then promoted again.

Heh - back to making a new game then and look properly at the calendar!

Enfield Town - 22nd - Relegated

Got sacked with 2 games to play having failed to beat the drop. My excuse is that I havent played full flavoured FM in a few years (I played FM 'classic' in FM16).

Lessons learned - need to be more patient in scouting out and trialling new talent!

Tactics - what are people's tips with this? Does it help to tinker around or just stick with 442 and wait for the team to gel?

Meanwhile, resurrected myself as manager of Tonbridge for the 2018/19 season...

enfield releg.JPG

lg table 2019.JPG

tonbridge start.JPG

On 27/10/2017 at 09:42, dafuge said:

In that case I don't see a problem with it being used.

Good!

Any chance to create a ddt file to retain the players?

If not possible, Touch players might as well use only the available players in the db.

Just to clarify this point.

Oof, I'm really struggling to find any sort of form. 16 league games, 2 wins, 5 draws and 9 losses. Second to last and currently on a 5 match losing streak. Not looking good for me so far.

I'm usually doing much better than this, but I'm very unsure if it's the tactic or the fact that I have a poor rating in the "dressing room atmosphere" or something else. I might turn it around in the next match though as I will play the only team behind me, at home even.

12 minutes ago, psychonutter said:

@dafuge I think the answer is gonna be no but if I genuinely have a coaching badge can I have it in game for the challenge? As I said I think it's gonna be a no but figured it's worth an ask just in case

On the subject of coaching badges I have already been allowed to study for my C license by the board. Usually takes a while to start getting these for me!

12 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

On the subject of coaching badges I have already been allowed to study for my C license by the board. Usually takes a while to start getting these for me!

It usually depends on if the club is in debt, at the start few clubs are so its best to get in early.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Oof, I'm really struggling to find any sort of form. 16 league games, 2 wins, 5 draws and 9 losses. Second to last and currently on a 5 match losing streak. Not looking good for me so far.

I'm usually doing much better than this, but I'm very unsure if it's the tactic or the fact that I have a poor rating in the "dressing room atmosphere" or something else. I might turn it around in the next match though as I will play the only team behind me, at home even.

Same here 18 games 4-6-8 record sitting 17th.

Archived