FM09 In the shops!

walked into game and pre-ordered to pick up on release day last year, done the same this year. remember quite a lot of people last year that pre-ordered got the game late, so not taking that chance

Well I work for tesco and know for a fact my store will be selling it at 00:01 on the 14th, got my copy reserved already!! What with my discount card and clubcard vouchers won't cost me a penny!! :-)

Christ I wish my local Tesco were as efficient. They struggle to put new releases out on day of release, wouldn't mind but it's one of the biggest in the country (at least it was anyway).

Well I work for tesco and know for a fact my store will be selling it at 00:01 on the 14th, got my copy reserved already!! What with my discount card and clubcard vouchers won't cost me a penny!! :-)

So can anyone go in and reserve themsleves a copy to pick-up at midnight?

walked into game and pre-ordered to pick up on release day last year, done the same this year. remember quite a lot of people last year that pre-ordered got the game late, so not taking that chance

This time last year there was a postal strike, which is why some people got the game late

I'm sticking with my pre-order because if I want to go to a shop to get it I have to travel on a train or a bus and though I do regularly use the train to go to uni, Fridays are the only day that I don't!!

Mind saying that, if it doesn't come in the post on Friday or Thursday then I'll make the effort to go to a shop to get it, and just return the pre-ordered copy when it arrives.

If you can wait a day or so after the 14th, maybe the monday, you'll be paying less than 20 quid no problems...

In most instances the game will be cheaper in the supermarkets (asda and the rest) in the shop rather than online. The stuff online is bought from different people and sent via 3rd parties.

Two words - Amazon Prime.

That said, I'm tempted by the mouse. My company provides that style of mouse (but aren't working with HMV unfortunately) so I know they aren't a 20p job...

If anyone's interested, i'll try to find out a rough cost for, saay, 10,000 tomorrow ;)

Oh how I miss working at Special Reserve....

We used to get new releases come in on the Thursday and our manager would let us buy them, plus we used to get staff discount as well, can remember buying FM05 when it came out on the Thursday for like £12 or something. Wound my mate up something rotten, he would literally beg to come round and play the game.

I will no doubt take my usual lunch time wander into Newcastle on the day of release (or some subsequent day) and take a detour to a shop that sells computer games and buy it. I'm not one of those who can be bothered fussing around trying to find the absolute best deal on something that costs a pittance anyway given how much I play it and that I will be playing it for at least a year.

Archived