FM17: African Talent

Welshace

Football in Africa has been on a steady rise for years, and some predict it won't be long before we see an African side win the world cup...

With that in mind, I wanted a place to highlight some bright talent hiding in the many leagues of Africa that may have been missed by some. Feel free to add your own.

*Personally, i'm intentionally missing out the known Egyptians, as there is already a thread dedicated to them.

Brilliant young attacker:

92314d262492451cb27e85f8fbe06852.png

Dolly... brilliant versatile attacker in the same vein as his compatriot Pienaar.

3a0ebc6870a14e79a1121e27d2b0f732.png

Classy LB who should have been a striker with those attributes:

53f0c4646c8c42d09dbbf0275ee0baae.png

Well known by now but still overlooked by many strangely:

fb25cde9fe1440fc87d5b916b31b6be9.png

Rock solid experienced CB.

065ab98975d04f93bf862f806afadd60.png

Well travelled playmaker.. experienced in europe too:

8bdd35ddd5154617b861d5551051fc90.png

Absolute monster of a player... capped 6 times for his country at 18 years old.. and can develop ridiculously well.

576b98e936cf46949c85bb7ebe7a8cc8.png

Unnaturally gifted 17 year old capped 4 times already:

6d18a0c7243841f98d2d5deb994990ad.png

Random attributes are surely a problem for this thread? Outside of the bigger clubs in Egypt/Tunisia/Algeria and South Africa, the majority of players' attributes in Africa will vary enormously from save to save.

Still, as we're here, really like Phakamani Mahlambi as an impact sub; pace, flair and great dribbling ability. Huge room for growth at only 18 too.

Tunisian Nour Hadhria has also been a good number 10 on the last few FMs.

Classy all round midfielder, with an excellent range of attributes...

10b581ba239243818c1658055b13e1cc.png

Another young full international striker/F9 from a seemingly never-ending conveyor belt of them from Africa.

691efe20846941619177d16b0ac000b8.png

Talented playmaker:

88e932bc77b7440b81e2e7c5d1ce97e3.png

Brilliantly well rounded defender.... wanted in game by a dozen clubs or so at the start... can see why:

a01557e25e3345b3905945db04b0636a.png

Only 5'5 but a little pocket dynamo:

f54ee2a03b0746ed9c8a996103105623.png

This guy is 16... 16!!!:

db2fddeab7bd49a4877e2dc1628da908.png

One of the best rb prospects i've found on the game thus far:

2cd106b065e3429aa106f4539f0b5805.png

Another striker:

3b3304d9d7b14e04a76b1c12030aea87.png

And of course..  one of the best talents out there :

609941493df94576842a7d614c730639.png

2 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

Random attributes are surely a problem for this thread? Outside of the bigger clubs in Egypt/Tunisia/Algeria and South Africa, the majority of players' attributes in Africa will vary enormously from save to save.

Still, as we're here, really like Phakamani Mahlambi as an impact sub; pace, flair and great dribbling ability. Huge room for growth at only 18 too.

Tunisian Nour Hadhria has also been a good number 10 on the last few FMs.

Yeah, of course random attributes will be the downside to probably the majority of these players... that said, they will probably have talent however their attributes are spread and are worth highlighting for players to  take a look at...  It's always nice having more options than the usual typical signings.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of a look around Africa and thought the following are worthy of a mention:

Mentioned him earlier in the thread but Nour Hadhria is a hugely underrated FM playmaker; sort of tall, elegant, straight-backed number 10 that can really make the difference.

hadhria.png

Another favourite for a few FMs is Hadhria's compatriot Bilel Ifa. Good, battling centre-back for the money:

ifa.png

Staying in Tunisia, Ivorian Habib Meite is a solid midfield destroyer with decent technical stats to boot:

meite.png

Little more obscure now - Angolan Ary Papel is a skillful, versatile forward with pretty solid potential:

papel.png

Whilst his countryman Diogenes Joao looks to have the makings of a good playmaker in a season or 2:

diogenes.png

Ghanaian winger Quansah looks a solid option from that most fertile of FM scouting ground, the Egyptian league:

quansah.png

Finally, a wildcard find for those in smaller league: Nigerian midfielder James Igbekeme from the Portuguese lower leagues. Dirt-cheap and with very solid stats all-round:

igbekeme.png

Quick note: I've checked all of these in the editor and none have many random attributes. Igbekeme's low determination is however 1 such random stat so you may be luckier than I was in the screenshot.

I've been having my fix of Nigerian, Zambian, Kenyan, South African and COSAFA football over the last week or two. Plenty of talent on the continent but it's not always accurately reflected in their FM stats. Having said that, most of the above-mentioned domestic leagues are really poor, it's just the odd gem that comes out of the dross.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nightwalker22 said:

What leagues to load to have most of these players available? 

would think that if you add, players of players of region-> Africa -> regional reputation, perhaps national reputation you should homefree, no need to add leagues

• 2 months later...

Started a save in Denmark and some of these players would really add depth to my squad I was thinking about loading players from Africa but already had quite a big db with the leagues I have loaded so left it out watch half of the players I want not be in game now and I'm 9 games into season so don't want to be starting over again 😰

Once you've got a couple of season in if you have loaded a large enough database check out a team called ASEC in the Ivory Coast, who seem to churn out regens of high quality at a rate of knots yet don't get so much interest from other clubs scouts. I've had a few players from them bought for 50k - 2m (euros) who have either gone on to huge things or been sold at a very tidy profit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One African CM that has become a staple in my sides for a couple of FM editions now is Papa Alioune N'Diaye.  

He might be too well known for what this thread is looking for, but either way he is cheap (4-6m) and quality.

This Senegalese center midfielder has great technique, mental stats, and good physical play too.  One of his best features/characteristics is his ability to break past his man 1v1 with the ball in the attacking third and knock in a shot from 25 yds out no problem. Plus he can pick out one helluva pass.

He has been my introduction to the excellent footballers available in Senegal, and now I always make sure to sends scouts there to find more talent like Papa.

• 4 months later...

Archived