FMT16 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no idea who to be this year. My track record last year was good but I was hampered by the fact that I kept returning to my Southampton save in a desperate (fruitless :mad:) attempt to get a new stadium. I'd go to a new save in some far flung corner of the globe, but gravitate back to Hampshire after a season or three away.

I've had a long held desire to go back to Italy, when I haven't had a long save since the CM Italia days, so that's possible. I also enjoyed Mexico and Brazil last year, Sweden too. And Germany......

I started a throwaway save with Arsenal whilst I wait for the full release day. It's fair to say that the TV money in the PL from season two changes things quite a lot. It's just so easy to build a silly squad, very quickly. Arsenal start with a bucket of cash in the first season anyway, so it just becomes a player stockpiling mission very quickly unless you exercise restraint (which Gotze, Pogba, Gaya, Marota, Bender, Mangala, Dybala, Rugani and de Vrij don't really represent :))

• Administrators

Thanks for posting this RT :) I'm starting my save on release day proper, so I can use Design a Son in a South America save. Look forward to seeing how you all get on.

Will be following this closely. Unfortunately, this year due to work and just returning from a longer business trip I was unable to even look into the beta. I might wait till full release and am of course very interested about the changes in the new version.

It's hard to really know what impact it will have. Of course, it gives more money to more clubs, but the "big" clubs still get the same ~£80m a year as the little guys, so they already have a head start in that respect. What I hope it doesn't amount to is the EPL over performing in Europe. It's a criticism that is often levelled at FM, and this theoretically could add to the issue, if there is one. What I hope it does amount to is a more competitive Premier League.

I have been working my way alphabetically through Europe over the last three or four versions, and really enjoyed building some good teams in leagues I would never usually have started in.

This time, I am in Germany, and whilst I wait for the full game to come out, my research has led me towards starting with Hansa Rostock

- spent ten years in the Bundesliga between 1995-2005, but fallen down to the third tier in recent years

- A former East German side

- 29k seater stadium with great facilities makes them a "sleeping giant"

- four years in the third tier has meant the current playing squad is not up to standard, and they are suggested to finish 11th - in real life, they sit in the relegation places

I'm even tempted to make this a one save year and see what kind of dynasty I can create

I started a throwaway save with Arsenal whilst I wait for the full release day. It's fair to say that the TV money in the PL from season two changes things quite a lot. It's just so easy to build a silly squad, very quickly. Arsenal start with a bucket of cash in the first season anyway, so it just becomes a player stockpiling mission very quickly unless you exercise restraint (which Gotze, Pogba, Gaya, Marota, Bender, Mangala, Dybala, Rugani and de Vrij don't really represent :))

The TV money in the PL is insane. I got Leeds promoted first season and have been able to renew my squad very easily due to the money. I finished 7th in my first season in the PL. Im now in my 3rd season (2nd in PL) and competing for a top 4 finish, all because of the money.

The TV money in the PL is insane. I got Leeds promoted first season and have been able to renew my squad very easily due to the money. I finished 7th in my first season in the PL. Im now in my 3rd season (2nd in PL) and competing for a top 4 finish, all because of the money.

Out of interest, why do you think this is? The obvious answer is that you're an awesome manager ;) However, do you find that the other clubs are actively spending in the transfer market, or are they sitting on the money?

Out of interest, why do you think this is? The obvious answer is that you're an awesome manager ;) However, do you find that the other clubs are actively spending in the transfer market, or are they sitting on the money?

There have been a few big money signings but mainly by the usual top 4/5.

However at the other end of the spectrum, Bournmouth who survived in the prem paid me 8 million pounds for Chris Wood and 5.5 million for Marco Silvestri, so at least the smaller clubs are willing to shell out for players.

I started a game with Oxford City in the last level of the English structure. I´m at 2025 and I managed to get to the Championship and almost in the Playoff to get to de Premier League (need 1 point in the last game, then the playoff is a lottery). I think that a promotion may be a risky, and the next year I´m likely to get demoted, if a manage to go forward in the playoff, but, the team is in a dire need of money and I´ll get my chances if I can.

There have been a few big money signings but mainly by the usual top 4/5.

However at the other end of the spectrum, Bournmouth who survived in the prem paid me 8 million pounds for Chris Wood and 5.5 million for Marco Silvestri, so at least the smaller clubs are willing to shell out for players.

I also just noticed that Newcastle paid £52 Million for one player and £43 Million for another so yes teams are spending big.

Yes you can.

You get all the matchday goodness, buying and selling players, promotion, relegation all without having to answer multiple questions about another manager, player or club you don't give a rat's arse about.

No manager mindgames that upsets half your players if you click what you would really answer as response (unless SI have snuck in the option to have at it with a 2-by-4, if so then I may have to go full fat FM) rather than the "safe" answer.

No half time team talks that will either have no effect, have half your team playing like Lionel Messi or if you mess up have them wandering around the pitch like a stunned pidgeon.

No tactic familiarity, so if you want to try a brand new tactic you don't have to wait months to see how the players would perform. All while tactics and match engine are exactly the same as full fat FM.

Lashley; I'm waiting for the full release as there's a minor bug under review in the Create a Club section where you can't select kit type like hoops or stripes. At the moment just starting the odd new game with different clubs to work out which one I'll stick to, work on base tactics and look at potential new signings.

Well I did finish in the top 4, in first!

The amount of money in this league is ridiculous (not that I'm complaining).

Im now well into the 4th season with Leeds (3rd season in prem) and even though I've spent more money I don't think i'll win the league again but will finish in the top 3.

it's ok having loads of money but I still can't attract world class players so I think im doing well with what I have.

Yes you can.

You get all the matchday goodness, buying and selling players, promotion, relegation all without having to answer multiple questions about another manager, player or club you don't give a rat's arse about.

No manager mindgames that upsets half your players if you click what you would really answer as response (unless SI have snuck in the option to have at it with a 2-by-4, if so then I may have to go full fat FM) rather than the "safe" answer.

No half time team talks that will either have no effect, have half your team playing like Lionel Messi or if you mess up have them wandering around the pitch like a stunned pidgeon.

No tactic familiarity, so if you want to try a brand new tactic you don't have to wait months to see how the players would perform. All while tactics and match engine are exactly the same as full fat FM.

Lashley; I'm waiting for the full release as there's a minor bug under review in the Create a Club section where you can't select kit type like hoops or stripes. At the moment just starting the odd new game with different clubs to work out which one I'll stick to, work on base tactics and look at potential new signings.

Ah dammit

Btw, you can still develop youth in FMT, aye? I've completely forgotten if I did it/could do it in FMC

Yes you can. You can traing their position, role and focus.

Mentoring is still picked by the ass man, but the great news is that in FM16 your squad's personality affects the youngsters. So if you have a Determined site your youngsters will increase their Determination (probably along with some other attributes)

Yes you can. You can traing their position, role and focus.

Mentoring is still picked by the ass man, but the great news is that in FM16 your squad's personality affects the youngsters. So if you have a Determined site your youngsters will increase their Determination (probably along with some other attributes)

Ideal

weird bug in FM, I created a player and his value was 0, even if I put all his stats at 20?

Struggling myself in the first season in the Scottish League 2 with Stirling. Frustatingly inconsistent. I won three games back to back, and the next was at home to bottom club Arbroath. A fully fit squad, all brimming with confidence. Lost 5-2. Then proceeded to have a horrific 3-0 loss away to Berwick in the next game. Just can't seem to get any sort of decent run going, and it's very possible I'll be the team to miss out on the playoffs.

ipmEZbd.png

I'm struggling in my season as my created club. So inconsistent, haven't got a good goalscorer, leaky defense etc

Under pressure atm, 15th in league, meant to reach playoffs too (In lowest div in England)

Managed to turn it around after changing my tactics

Even won Manager of the Month! :D

I have been working my way alphabetically through Europe over the last three or four versions, and really enjoyed building some good teams in leagues I would never usually have started in.

This time, I am in Germany, and whilst I wait for the full game to come out, my research has led me towards starting with Hansa Rostock

- spent ten years in the Bundesliga between 1995-2005, but fallen down to the third tier in recent years

- A former East German side

- 29k seater stadium with great facilities makes them a "sleeping giant"

- four years in the third tier has meant the current playing squad is not up to standard, and they are suggested to finish 11th - in real life, they sit in the relegation places

I'm even tempted to make this a one save year and see what kind of dynasty I can create

This is a fantastic idea! I think you have just sorted my "What shall I do in FM16" dilemma! Albania here I come :D

Struggling myself in the first season in the Scottish League 2 with Stirling. Frustatingly inconsistent. I won three games back to back, and the next was at home to bottom club Arbroath. A fully fit squad, all brimming with confidence. Lost 5-2. Then proceeded to have a horrific 3-0 loss away to Berwick in the next game. Just can't seem to get any sort of decent run going, and it's very possible I'll be the team to miss out on the playoffs.

And so it proved...

QHwwYbl.png

A hugely frustrating season. The reason I missed out on the playoffs was primarily the 14 draws. 12 of these 14 draws were 1-1, and in eleven of them, I was 1-0 up. An inability to hold on to a lead is the one thing I'm going to have to seriously work on going into the next season. Such is the nature of Scottish League 2 football though, I'm probably going to have to build a new team to challenge. I mean, just look at my last few fixtures...

G5OkTfP.png

The last two games of the season were against Annan and Clyde as you can see, the other teams fighting for the 3rd and 4th playoff spots. This is what happened in the Annan game...

aAv13pW.png

Yip, an injury time equaliser.

So, it was all down to the last game away at Clyde. Remarkably, I actually game from a goal down this time to tie it at 1-1. Five minutes to go, I pushed almost everyone forward, went route one, overload etc, and then this happened in injury time...

G1ZWjkO.png

Hit the bar. HIT THE BAR!!

And so, it ended. Deeply frustrating season, but just need to bounce back and walk the league next season. Aye right, I'll crack the jokes...

Stay tuned.

I got sufficiently bored of being Arsenal last night to embark on my intended long term save. Holidayed season one and my target team was promoted to a playable division. I'm Parma in Serie C/A and I'm very excited about it. Haven't done a long save in Italy for about 20 years!

I'm tempted to do this exact same save but quite enjoying my Leeds save at the moment. I even set a save up with Parma already so I don't have to holiday again when i decide to do it.

I only played 5 competitive games last night but it already feels like a save that'll have legs. Parma remain a pretty high reputation team so I think immediate promotion to Serie B is almost inevitable, but hopefully it'll get tougher thereafter. I'm considering an Italian-only transfer policy too.

Start of a new season. New signings, optimism, and the prospect of a good cup run.

What could possibly go wrong?

Er...

hdyD0Av.png

I once lost 9-0 to Man City as manager of Sunderland (FM14 I think), but that aside, this is the worst loss I've ever had on any FM. 6-0 down in half an hour, and my new centre back scoring a marvellous 3.5 rating. Ah well, can only get better I suppose.

Start of a new season. New signings, optimism, and the prospect of a good cup run.

What could possibly go wrong?

Er...

I once lost 9-0 to Man City as manager of Sunderland (FM14 I think), but that aside, this is the worst loss I've ever had on any FM. 6-0 down in half an hour, and my new centre back scoring a marvellous 3.5 rating. Ah well, can only get better I suppose.

Ouch :D 'At least it wasn't double figures' is about the only 'positive' to take there!

Ah well, can only get better I suppose.

Or not...

TRIFxHe.png

Won't be long before the P45 comes through the letterbox. Having to completely revamp my tactic, going back to an old one I used on FM15 to see if that works. If not, I'll be looking for a new job soon. Brutal.

First glimpse of my save is as below :cool:

screen-shot-2015-11-08-at-20-33-00.png

Typically frugal at the back and typically dull up front. Italy is interesting. We play so many very conservative formations and Mentalities that space is at a premium. My 4-1-4-1 is pretty neutral and so plays around patiently and is working at the moment. Let's see what the next few weeks bring. I'm pleased with lots of things so far, not least 14k crowds and monthly profits; we're doing well.

An utterly dreadful start to the season. Had to beat Stenhousemuir or I'd get the sack according to news reports before the game. Staring down the barrel of a gun...

B42bNY7.png

I nearly jumped off the seat! For once a last gasp goal actually goes in my favour. Probably just delaying the inevitable, but it was quite exciting nonetheless.

Playing as a legend from my history of FM/Cm.

Steve Whitehall from Rochdale!

JOZwSGY.jpg

Barrow

I started up in Barrow in a club that struggled to put together consistent performances.

Overall I went 9-8-8 however the gap they build before I took over was too big. I resigned as the pressure was getting intense.

Torquay

I then took over another struggling side Torquay and managed to limp through the last 13 games of the season. Going 5-1-7.

I've already gotten a memorable moment in FM16

Second to last game I played a Barrow team in danger of being relegated... REVENGE!!

5PuBmpt.jpg

Barrow ended with 2 points in the last 7 games and were relegated

Now that the Create a Club bugs are fixed in the latest update I can now start my first career save.

I've recreated Maidenhead as Watford AFC.

General aim is to sign only recommended players, no looking at unattached players and getting scout reports or giving them a trial. I'm not sure if I'll be only placing adverts for staff or searching for my own. It may take too long to get decent staff applications.

Haven't made much progress with Parma as I've been distracted by a different save. I really need to find a way to commit to a playing style, because at the moment I'm just changing formation in every match for no good reason whatsoever!

Think I'm still unbeaten after 12/13 games, with a 10 point lead already. Serie B looks nailed on and in spite of the ease of our progress so far, Italy is proving to be tactically stimulating with lots of teams employing very deep formations and low-tempo football, which is quite alien for someone who tends to play in England or Scandinavia.

Finally got the game. Started a couple of saves, one in full version to see what's new, and then in FMT, of course. I haven't gotten very far but I like it so far. Already got accustomed to the tactics screen and actually like it now. The opposition instruction addition is great and having 3 skins to choose from is also excellent.

I wanted to check with you guys, when using the standard "white" skin and highlighting key attributes, do you just get a blue line to the left side without any color change? If I switch over to the dark and retro skins the whole background of the attribute has a slightly different color making it more visible when selecting key attributes for a role.

Other than that still looking around, experimenting, and enjoying.

I wanted to check with you guys, when using the standard "white" skin and highlighting key attributes, do you just get a blue line to the left side without any color change? If I switch over to the dark and retro skins the whole background of the attribute has a slightly different color making it more visible when selecting key attributes for a role.

Yes. I really dislike this as it just does not adequately highlight the Key attribute. Please raise this in the FMT Bugs Forum and maybe it can be adjusted in a future update.

Struggling a little pre-season with my created club. It doesn't help matters when I mess up training and leave the players on a very high physical schedule for around a week too long. Also it was slow getting staff in through adverts, ironically the onse who responded were the same ones I spotted through the staff search, I could have had them all in place a couple of weeks earlier, oh well lesson learnt for next save.

I've had 3 keeper injuries in match in the last 2 pre-season games, not sure if its a bug or not but will save PKMs and raise in in the bug forum, may have just been a combination of the training mistake I made and having no staff in place especially physio. Two of these were triallists, luckily one of them only had to be subbed and was no sign of injury afterwards as I need to sign him now as my only other keeper is basically pants.

Squad wise I've got plenty of strikers, far too many in fact so any non-contract ones could be released to free up some cash. I need more back up in defense and on the wings.

Archived