FMT16 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strangely, I would hate that if I was in that position. The game would lose a whole part of its appeal if it was ever as easy as that. Maybe it's the masochist in me, but struggling to success is for me, far more enjoyable than strolling to it.

yeah thats why im leaving :D

Way too easy

I'd take a little easy winning right now. 4 games into my first season with Bradford, 3 league draws, and 1 cup win. Not looking like the playoff contenders we're supposed to be.

On the upside, I did sign Alessandro Del Piero, surreal to have him ply his trade in Yorkshire.

When FM is great, it's really great. I was playing Wolves at home in the third round of the FA Cup. I had beaten them at Hillsborough a few weeks previously in the league, so went into the game with my usual tactic. After 25 mins, I found myself 2-0 down without having a single shot on goal. Made a few tweaks to the tactic, and started to get more into it and nab a goal before half time. With about 20 mins to go, I'm still behind, and Wolves are in the ascendency again. I noticed that my right winger was struggling a bit, so I changed him from an IF to a winger on attack, and gave him the shoot on sight instruction. Five mins later, he breaks into the box, and although there's a man in space, he immediately shoots...goes right through the keeper. 2-2!! And that's how it finished. I love it when your changes make a tangible difference.

When FM is great, it's really great. I was playing Wolves at home in the third round of the FA Cup. I had beaten them at Hillsborough a few weeks previously in the league, so went into the game with my usual tactic. After 25 mins, I found myself 2-0 down without having a single shot on goal. Made a few tweaks to the tactic, and started to get more into it and nab a goal before half time. With about 20 mins to go, I'm still behind, and Wolves are in the ascendency again. I noticed that my right winger was struggling a bit, so I changed him from an IF to a winger on attack, and gave him the shoot on sight instruction. Five mins later, he breaks into the box, and although there's a man in space, he immediately shoots...goes right through the keeper. 2-2!! And that's how it finished. I love it when your changes make a tangible difference.

My favourite match in FM 15 was a CL game against Porto, where I sent out my backup players, and won purely by tactical changes. They started in a diamond, so I exploited the flanks, and scored two goals from the wings, they changed to a wide 4-3-3, so I switched to a system to exploit the middle, and quickly scored a third via throughball down the middle to the striker. It's one of the best feelings in the game to have your changes/tactics pay off in a way you can clearly see.

After my enjoyable Beta save with Newcastle I was itching to play with a new club. I might come back to Newcastle at a later stage but I wanted a fresh start with all release changes.

I was looking towards the Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1 but wasn't convinced by anything there really. I wanted to start a game with Leverkusen but a lot of starting injuries made me reconsider. I then turned back to the Premier League and decided to play with a club that has lots of potential but that I have not played with before - Southampton.

The team starts out with two injuries with Forster's being 11 month long. The other one is Bertrand for 3 months.

With those injuries in mind and looking at the squad depth I went to work with my £12mn transfer budget.

There were a few areas I wanted to improve:

Backup GK in case Stekelenburg got injured.

RB to backup/challenge Cedric. Martina simply did not look good enough for that job.

LB as a short term cover for Targett until Bertrand returns.

If funds remain improve the defenders.

GK - there were many options but I opted for a guy I knew and signed often in FM 15 - Timo Horn. Young, lots of potential, and has a £6.5mn release clause. Done. Ate half my budget.

RB - I went to my go-to guy here again - Gino Peruzzi. Great cover of not challenger for the spot and cheap.

LB - Here I was looking for a loan because Bertrand is good and Targett has a lot of potential. Despite this I bid for Ashley Cole, £275k and Roma accepted but his wage demands were just too high, so I found a young LB from Werder Bremen - Sternberg. He joined on loan for the season. He's about as good as Targett so really just a cover.

I then loaned out Martina and sold Isgrove for £1.1mn. With that the budget is almost used up so I don't have much more I can do, nor does it look necessary.

I decided to play with a 4-1-2-2-1 (433/451 whatever you call it these days) and am about finished with preseason.

So I'm up to three saves now :eek:

1. Started with Arsenal when the pre-Release Beta came out, just to find my feet. I'm three seasons in (just approaching the winter transfer window). It's enough to confirm that for me, there's not much point playing in the PL. £85m+ per season for TV money is just mad. I've been spending like a nut and still have £250m in the bank. Transfers lined up for the winter include Odegaard, Lincoln and a newgen Argentine who looks really good. It's just too easy however, and I worry what this will do to the balance of the game in the European stage in the long run - I can see it becoming dominated by PL clubs again. Maybe the competitiveness of the league will increase as a result of the money, but I can just foresee all regular PL clubs sitting on balances of £100's of millions of pounds in 5-10 seasons. I need to delete this save.

2. Parma. The intended long-term save which saw me holiday season one to make them playable. Season two was instant promotion of Serie B but I've not started the third season really. I need to get my head round a proper tactical approach for Italy.

3. I'm reading Balague's Ronaldo book at the moment, and that popped an idea in my head, which I then ignored! Originally, I wanted to take one of the Madeira clubs to the top. Then, whilst on that Arsenal save, I faced Sporting Lisbon in the CL group stage. I noticed that they still had William Carvalho in the third season and they obviously had a young Cristiano Ronaldo for a spell, so my head turned that way. I've only completed a few matches; beat Benfica in the Charity Shield equivalent, drew at home to Porto and qualified for the CL by beating Leverkusen 5-4 on aggregate ("rewarded" with a group including Sevilla, Monaco and Chelsea). I'm intending to buy / develop / build an overwhelmingly Portuguese squad, and so far I've offloaded a Brazilian defender and Peruvian winger, replacing them with a couple of young DCs and a versatile midfield (who instantly got injured for 3 months).

Results have picked up a little, but it's worrying. Despite having 3 CB's and an Anchorman, my defence is shaky, enough that teams are getting through easily. Most of my goals have come from long balls over the top for Devante Cole to run on to(FIFA-esqe). Worse than that, we create loads of chances, but miss most of them.

Might have to switch system from 3-5-2 to a 4-3-3 or 4-4-1-1, though the Cole/Del Piero partnership is looking promising.

A quick side request - I created a bug thread for the attributes not highlighting in the white skin (also not very visible in the darker skins) and they are asking for a screen shot. Would any of you be able to reply to that thread (in user interface bugs) and post a screen of the attributes being highlighted to show that it is barely visible in the white skin?

Thank you in advance.

A quick side request - I created a bug thread for the attributes not highlighting in the white skin (also not very visible in the darker skins) and they are asking for a screen shot. Would any of you be able to reply to that thread (in user interface bugs) and post a screen of the attributes being highlighted to show that it is barely visible in the white skin?

Thank you in advance.

Chucked one up for you.

Thank you RTH. I also put it in the wishlist thread (*cough Lucas please, cough*).

Love the white skin but this really annoys me. But BoxToBox's skin is great (if you like dark ones) - I will be using it as he solved the problem of highlighting the attributes.

Now back to the actual save updates. Can't wait to head home to try my first league game and see how my "pre-season beating of no-name teams tactic" translates into actual important games.

How would this suit those of you who want a light skin with the highlight?

I chose yellow because it doesn't blend with any of the attribute bubbles, and isn't dark enough to make the writing hard to see, but I could find something else if needed?

2a5011740a5ff3564fe2ff76e123724d.png

Phew.

Started my first real 'journeyman' save unemployed. First job that comes up? Curzon Ashton, bottom in mid November with 2 points, 17 off safety. I stay bottom, then, eventually seem to nail a tactic - Win 7, Draw 3, Lose 3 (all away matches to playoff/Champions) to finish 18th, 1 point from relegation, on 46 points.

3-4 matches from the end of the season I'm offered the Harrogate job (who were 4th). I accept, but delay the final decision until the end of the season.

They just got promoted via the playoffs.

Stay... or go...?

How would this suit those of you who want a light skin with the highlight?

I chose yellow because it doesn't blend with any of the attribute bubbles, and isn't dark enough to make the writing hard to see, but I could find something else if needed?

2a5011740a5ff3564fe2ff76e123724d.png

This would look great :) thank you.

Just found this thread! Got into FMC last year and this year had no doubts that I'd jump straight into FMT. Having some serious troubles getting a save going though for some reason.

Arsenal an, and always start out. Know my squad, the opposition, the rules and the targets, comfort in the familiar. Got the beta this year and knocked around with a test save, checking out the ME and scouting around to see who was on the market etc. I like to have decided on a system tactically before starting a save, but I'm extremely indecisive this year (although I went through a phase like this last year too). So I got a save going, had a plan, then constantly changed around but managed to keep interest, went into the final game knowing if I beat Chelsea at the Emirates I would win the league. Got smashed 4-1. Given a transfer budget of £195m and then just skipped through loads of time, threw different tactics together, bought a load of players and it's currently holidaying just for the sake of it.

So back to square one. I do want a successful Arsenal save, one to really get into. I took them to 11 back to back titles, a squad of outrageous regens and the year 2029 on FM15, although it took me till around summer before I started that file. So I'm thinking about branching out and then coming back around again. My shortlist so far includes Valencia, Dortmund and Milan. The starting expectation to win the title with Arsenal puts me off a little too, I know it's realistic for the squad and budget, but I prefer being slight outsiders at the start (CL qualification as target, for example)

I feel like I have settled into this Sporting save. Something about Portugal feels right; it doesn't have the stifling tactical pressure of Italy but still feels a bit different to my usual haunts.

After 6 games in the league, we're tied with Porto on 16 points (they drew 0-0 at our place), a point ahead of SLB. We haven't conceded a goal :cool: I've tinkered with my trusty 4-1-4-1 and it seems to be clicking. We also have big William Carvalho back in full training after 3 months out and Ewerton back to bolster defence after a similar spell out. I just need new guy Toze to recover from his strained knee ligaments and we'll be well set. A few players grumbling in the ranks who I'll shift in due course: Bryan Ruiz can go as he's 30 and isn't Portuguese, the Algerian striker Silmani is one I want to keep happy, so I'll offload Colombian Montero to increase Silmani's game time.

Took a long time for me to finally fully abandon 3-5-2, after months of switching to 4 back setups at half time every match. Settled into a nice 4-3-3, though, that is doing the business. On a long unbeaten run now, into Dec, and 9 points clear at the top of the league, so I can afford a slip or two. Club expect playoffs.

These were my signings.

6ffa47157756444b2d07977454cb0855.png

That Reece Burke loan actually happened in real life too, in game he's the best defender at the club. Milinkovic Savic is a real coup too, as the goalkeeper situation at the club was rough. Del Piero took time to settle in, but as a Treq. at the point of a 4-3-3, his class shines through. Razak picked up an injury to keep him out for 2 months, which is a shame, real tidy ball winner at this(maybe even Championship) level. Cargill is a handy backup, could develop into a decent player.

Adam Drury was a punt/prospect, who while having weak attributes, generally performs well when given a chance, which is often as I'm short players at RB and RW.

Just found this thread! Got into FMC last year and this year had no doubts that I'd jump straight into FMT. Having some serious troubles getting a save going though for some reason.

Arsenal an, and always start out. Know my squad, the opposition, the rules and the targets, comfort in the familiar. Got the beta this year and knocked around with a test save, checking out the ME and scouting around to see who was on the market etc. I like to have decided on a system tactically before starting a save, but I'm extremely indecisive this year (although I went through a phase like this last year too). So I got a save going, had a plan, then constantly changed around but managed to keep interest, went into the final game knowing if I beat Chelsea at the Emirates I would win the league. Got smashed 4-1. Given a transfer budget of £195m and then just skipped through loads of time, threw different tactics together, bought a load of players and it's currently holidaying just for the sake of it.

So back to square one. I do want a successful Arsenal save, one to really get into. I took them to 11 back to back titles, a squad of outrageous regens and the year 2029, although it took me till around summer before I started that file. So I'm thinking about branching out and then coming back around again. My shortlist so far includes Valencia, Dortmund and Milan. The starting expectation to win the title with Arsenal puts me off a little too, I know it's realistic for the squad and budget, but I prefer being slight outsiders at the start (CL qualification as target, for example)

Welcome! :D

You could give those club a go,

Everton

Leicester

Stoke

Spurs

Lazio

Udinese

Athletic Bilbao

Granada

Welcome! :D

You could give those club a go,

Everton

Leicester

Stoke

Spurs

Lazio

Udinese

Athletic Bilbao

Granada

I'm tipping towards a Milan save (have a week off work too so can really get into it), and was just picking that over a Dortmund save when I looked at the prize money on offer for the Bundesliga and Serie A - it's pretty outrageous. Winning Serie A = approx £3mil, Bundesliga = approx £50mil!

(I know this isn't directly about FMT but was in disbelief, gonna get my file going now!)

Decided to head over here as I really like FMC/FMT - I've started unemployed with all UK & Ireland leagues with the start date being as late as possible. My one rule to not get attached to clubs will be that can't sign a new contract at the same club, I have one contract there and once that runs out I look for a new club.

Here's my the first club to give me an offer and it may be a very short job!

26b6a84303ec8ecb7243794ed66fb561.png

e31976a2d8ff11f3fb88e1c90be0d8c0.png

There's just 4 games remaining although I'm contracted to May 2017, our fixtures are;

Rhyl vs Haverfordwest

Rhyl vs Bala

Newtown vs Rhyl

Rhyl vs Llandudno

The good news from all this is that 3 of the games are home games, giving me/us the best shot of staying up.

EDIT: And within 20 minutes those 4 games have been played....

Fixtures

League Table

Ah...and things were looking so good as well after the first 2 games, we scored 10 goals in 4 games, before I joined they'd scored 22 in the previous 28...

Getafe_cf_200px.png

Just finished the season with Getafe and narrowly missed out on Europa League spot :( Last 6 games was tough, which we just fell apart.

RZrKPIi.png

DdkGP26.png

Best result of the season,

7M5o3RI.png

Transfers

TTgC6sM.png

Players stats

IKsBWjg.png

n5yEGEa.png

Hoping to get Mensah and Correa back on loan next season, both have been superb. :cool: Looking to improve our defence as they have been pathetic especially Cala, who was shocking and kept gifting the ball to AI.

Ahhh, hard to recover from a start like that.

Definitely, took the team few matches for the team to click together. Did start with 4-1-2-2-1 and it didn't work so I switched to 4-2-3-1 for game 7 and worked well for us.

Definitely, took the team few matches for the team to click together. Did start with 4-1-2-2-1 and it didn't work so I switched to 4-2-3-1 for game 7 and worked well for us.

That happened to me in my save too, in reverse, stared in 3-5-2 just couldn't work, eventually switched to 4-3-3(4-1-2-2-1) and business picked up.

Archived