FMT16 Save Updates Thread

I kinda like the smaller leagues with easier dominance... It makes for playing the young guns a lot :-)

17 year old Johannes Eggestein is sitting on 20 goals for me in March, but what's impressive is 8 of them were in the Champions League.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The world is starting to notice my qualities... Palermo and Newcastle has been rejected. Bad Timing I guess.. I need to finish this season off.

Also in my journeyman saves I always have a bad stint roughly every 3rd club. Need to be the right club.

Oh no! I'm still in season 1, kid starts at Bremen's B team on a youth contract, can be poached(about 1m) handily by most reasonable level clubs, if you're willing to offer a strong enough contract that he signs on the spot before the big boys get their bids in.

Second best steal in the game.

Started a new game with ManUtd after the Winter Update was released. Only brought in a new expensive defender (Laporte) and tried to give the kids some game time. Did manage to win the league, but failed in all Cup competitions. Being knocked out of the FA cup by Liverpool after a superman performance from Mignolet, of all people. And losing on away goals (6-6) against Barcelona who were given two penalties by Chris Smalling errors.

The final League Table is an interesting one. Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Southampton underperformed, Leicester were almost as good as they are in real life (some of their players have had a great attribute update) and Norwich and Swansea were in the UCL places for the longest time during the season. Let's see what next season brings.

MVJHIYW.jpg

I've started a gundo and made it my biggest challenge yet. Win the champions league with Afan Lido from Wales. Finished 4th and qualified for euro in the first season. Managed to do very well against Bosnian Zeljeznicar.

BG4SIgB.jpg

One goal from extra time. However our players condition start at 80 at this time of the season. Them? 99-95 :-(

Well with one game to go at the end of my first season in a new save I need to win away at WBA and hope that Chelsea can do me a favour at Old Trafford!! I'll keep myself under control and not reload!!!

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages.png

All these come backs take their toll and it comes back to bite you eventually!!

Come%20backs.png

Thanks to Knap and Fenech and their tactics for the enjoyment this year.

****Update. I beat WBA 2-0 but Man United beat Chelsea 3-2 after being three up. Bugger!!!

Yet another close one. We finish 2nd and play Dinamo Tblisi in the first round.

GGxBXhQ.jpg

We should have been able to win against them... I f... up in the first ganme trying a new tactic to suit new players. Mistake... at 0-2 we changed back, but too late.

Things are moving in FMT.. I love Instant result :-)

Word Cup and Welsh Cup victories. 3rd in the league. This years euro cup?

1st qualifying round - Mosor from Croatia... 3-2 Victory.

2nd qualifying round - Slovan Liberec from Czech... 7-2 defeat.

Now to be crowned champions of Wales!

2020 Update:

Our finances are looking better, but we're still looking for the first welsh championship.

Our Uefa League quest ended in the first round. 5-3 aggregate loss to KR. Disappointing. We had a real shot at the third round.

I've groomed a huge star in the Welsh league. Hopefully I can sell him next summer. He's definately not gonna extend this contract.

Luke Powell

2021 Update:

We lost the welsh championship on the final day. For the third year in a row we won the cup.

Bitter rivals Port Talbot is taken over by local businessman, and becomes the second professional team in the league.

Our adventure in europe stopped as we drew Pandurii and lost heavily.

Our striking partnership this season is two guys from the same batch of youngsters. They lit up the youth ranks and now it's the pro leagues. Luke Powell has contract expiry at the end of the season and this is our last chance in a couple of years I think.

2022 Afan Lido Update:

League finish: 1st!

Cup: Win (4th consecutive year)

Champions League 2nd Qual. Rnd - NK Maribor .... 4-2 Win!

Champions League 3rd Qual. Rnd - Dinamo Zagreb ... 0-9 loss :-/

Euro Cup playoff - Southampton ... 2-7 loss

Storylines:

Finances are £800.000 in the black. That's much for the welsh premiership

Our chairman are trying to sell the club

2024 Afan Lido Update:

League: 1st

Cup: Semifinal

Champions League 2nd Qual Rnd - Ludogorets ... 3-0 win

Champions League 3rd Qual Rnd - Siroki Brijeg ... 3-0 win!

Champions League playoff - Dinamo Zagreb ...0-5 loss ....

We're in the euro league group stage! (Roma, Standard Liege and Gladbach)

Storylines:

Finances are 5,4 million in the black

We turned pro!

I'd assign one of them to the left flank.

Especially if one of them is young, right footed and fits a inside forward, advanced playmaker, wide target man or raumdeuter.

Depending on your tactics of course... :-)

I'd assign one of them to the left flank.

Especially if one of them is young, right footed and fits a inside forward, advanced playmaker, wide target man or raumdeuter.

Depending on your tactics of course... :-)

Is that effective where they have no aptitude for the position - ie. not even a yellow or red dot, but nothing at all?

I'd assumed that they would just perform badly and never learn the position, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Wound up selling Deal for £7M anyway, since he was worth £6M more than O'Reilly despite being the same age and rating.

Now I somehow have six 3-4 star strikers, all promised rotation or better. I gotta stop rushing to secure free transfers without looking at the bigger picture...

Is that effective where they have no aptitude for the position - ie. not even a yellow or red dot, but nothing at all?

I'd assumed that they would just perform badly and never learn the position, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Wound up selling Deal for £7M anyway, since he was worth £6M more than O'Reilly despite being the same age and rating.

Now I somehow have six 3-4 star strikers, all promised rotation or better. I gotta stop rushing to secure free transfers without looking at the bigger picture...

It would have worked fine, the only attribute it would impact is Decisions, and not that badly.

Oh no! I'm still in season 1, kid starts at Bremen's B team on a youth contract, can be poached(about 1m) handily by most reasonable level clubs, if you're willing to offer a strong enough contract that he signs on the spot before the big boys get their bids in.

Second best steal in the game.

I waited half a season to get to him and that was too long. He wouldn't even consider moving to us - 1. FC Köln. So after the first season I snapped his older brother :D - AMC and pretty talented, too. I loaned him back to Werder Bremen Reserves but next year he will have his Bundesliga breakthrough at Köln, fingers crossed.

Why is this thread so quiet this year? :(

I haven't been in here much because I am playing games on FMC15, only managed about 5 seasons over 2 saves on 16.

To spark a little life in the thread an Update on Afan Lido.

After gaining 1, 0 & 0 points in our first three visits to the Champions League group stage, we finally get it going in Europe.

In a group with Sporting Lisbon, Fiorentina and PSV we manage to get 9 points and advance to the knockout round where Porto awaits.

• 2 weeks later...

Started with St. Pauli. Spent their entire budget on Johannes Eggestein, and we trundled off, scraping wins every week and won the 2nd division. Half the squad were chucked after complaining about all kinds of stuff, strengthened well, notably getting Mats Moller Daehli, and we're near January 2017 now, battling away in the top half, if we keep it up we may have some kind of European football next season.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok well, I tell my story in short.

Started with this club from the arctic circle in Finland named Rovaniemen Palloseura aka RoPS. No reputation, no budget, no anything. The only records to be mentioned are 1 local trophy and a couple of good placements in Veikkausliiga, the top tier league in Finland.

I actually had a good basis, the team performed pretty well last year going really close to win its first title, lost only at the last game (too bad). Media predictions placed me 2nd behind Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi (or 3rd? can't remember) (yes, I like to write in finnish haha :D)

When I started this save, I had 1 main goal to achieve at all costs: to win the Champions League. I predicted it would have took about 40-50 years.. maybe. I hoped it needed lesser. History was not encouraging: the only finnish team to be remembered for its good performance on an European competition was Turun Palloseura on UEFA Cup 1987/1988, getting through the 16th of finals and losing against Inter Milan on an aggregate of 2-1 favouring the italian side, which however was forced to turn the result back on the 2nd leg after losing home 0-1 thanks to a brilliant goal from Mika Aaltonen (you can find something on Youtube about that match).

I knew the journey would have been long, hard and frustrating. As first, I wanted to become an established winning side in my country. In order to do that, I based my team on local players mostly and tried to develop the youth facilities (I can say after 40 years it was a waste of time). I won the title on my first and second year, had some trouble on the third, and then it was easy to be unbeaten from 2018 till 2055. I know it sounds "cheaty", believe me it's not.

I initially played 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2, but after some time I wanted to try something new (at least for me), even if that 4-4-1-1 was highly spectacular to see. I moved towards a 3-2-3-2, which required a lot of work and tweaks, but I was finally able to pass through the elimination CL rounds and being drawn for the regroupments. This means money, and reputation.

I realized that I couldn't win nothing in Europe playing finnish players only (some of them was very good honestly), and I finally had some money to hire some good foreigner... and some luck to "steal" classy players released for free on the market.

The individual training was basilar, especially for the youngest.

What is hard while playing this low reputation side, is to keep those players who turn to be really good players. If their rating is quite high, english sirens start whistling and honestly it's hard to refuse all that amount of money, especially for my poor and empty wallet. But this strategy allowed me to buy three good players after selling one excellent one. Just like Marcus Hansen, danish player buyed for 10M € and sold to Man Utd for 90M €. That's a good example.

The first CL arrived in 2040 beating Barcelona 2-1. Hansen scored 2 goals in the first 15 mins, then I was basically besieged until 94 min. I wasn't satisfied of this Cup because I had to reload the semi-finals draw (my computer was simply switched off by my foot. To solve this, I have chopped my foot off) and I didn't remember which team was drawn with me, whether Barcelona or PSG or Bayern. In the end it was PSG. Maybe. Not sure. I wasn't satisfied though, so the only way to free my soul from this huge stone afflicting my heart was keeping going on and win another CL.

It took quite a lot, until 2056. In the middle, 2 finals lost (Bayern Munchen and Atletico Madrid).

It's Barcelona again. My team was great, Barcelona was better. Luckily they had a couple of key injuries, but still... I knew I had to plan the final scientifically.

After winning the semifinal, I spent three days on studying trainings, resting time, opposition's tactic, players and their PPMs. I'm not kidding, I have 3 notepad papers where I took note of movements, roles and strategies. I haven't changed my tactic, but I tweaked my strategy, correcting roles and duties, markings, opp's instructions and substitutions. All was planned.

The funny thing is, it worked.

Barcelona shoot on goal once only. Their wingers were nullified by my wingbacks, my midfielders dominated the match and basically all went as I was expecting to go. 1-0, simple as it is.

"It's your tactic". It's difficult to accept this reply when you struggle to win, but in the most of cases, certainly in mine, it made a difference. It was a factor for my win, definitely. It took a little bit of brain and time, surely. And no, I don't do this for every match I play.. but this was kind of an important one and I thought it was worth to spend some time on my tactic which already produced good results.

So I'm now in 2056, there's a stadium named after me in Rovaniemi which can attend the half of the inhabitants of the city (don't be scared, it's 28.500 seats hahah!), I won a couple of CL (it's 1 for me), 1 Club World Cup against River Plate, 1 Supercup against Liverpool and a good amount of local titles.

My job is finished, the journey was long, hard and frustrating sometimes, but that was an helluva a savegame. After all, 1 victory like that is worth 200 losses.

Archived