FMT16 Save Updates Thread

He was truly amazing for us! I'm coming to the end of September now so I thought I'd share my transfer dealings as I finally splash the cash. The idea was to strengthen the defence and add depth to midfield and attack.

90edf98f404277c7fe38fa44c88c3a74.png

Jonatan Protti

Daniel Thys - Wonderkid

Pablo Gonzales

John Garrido

Juanjo Sardinero

Angel

Andoni Merino

Charles Lingwati

Josh Davies

The Goalkeeping Situation:

We have one senior goalkeeper and one who isn't very good compared to the rest of the squad, here he is; Abdel Rahman Salah - He is currently injured leaving us with the youth goalkeeper who came through this season - Stuart Holmes. So now I've decided to buy a new first choice goalkeeper and a very good one at that coming in for £19m from Torino although this could increase to £21m Fabrizio Bertini is a 23 year old Italy international and a real star for Celtic once he arrives on the 2nd of January!!

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After deriding the PL for having too much money (I am right!)

You are right. That's part of my problem with Bradford, the last season, when I won the league, I had spent about 420m. Even the Oil Tycoon couldn't account for that, as I'd well over 300 done before he hove into view. 500-550m spent, two years out from League One.

Mind I'm not blaming FM, or SI, but I think despite being exaggerated by my financial stretching and mortgaging the clubs future on players today, in real life these new tv deals mean the Premiership is about to go effing mental. Hell look at this year even, Bournemouth spent what, 8m on Tyrone Mings to never play him? Crazy for a newly promoted team.

End of Season 2026/27 - End of Celtic Reign

ad6c7de3b347b428f5e92534b5284ddc.png

46e220e42b2b7f028671ef4024149b79.png

c646e7e102efd29536aa63bf173440bf.png

5caed6e20d8abc6d456f64157c46dfec.png

88d351538f2ea5c69e2a13132ab55c94.png

An amazing 3rd season at Celtic which culminated in us being so so so close to being the Europa League champions! We took Dortmund all the way to penalties and ended up losing 9-8!

At the start of the season I set out on fixing up the defence and I'm sure I've done with that an amazing back 5 now, hopefully with me being gone the squad will stay pretty much the same and whoever manages Celtic next will carry one what I've left behind.

Key Players:

Jack Grealish

Andoni Merino

Ralph Collard

Matthew Ballantyne

Thanks BoxToBox, I'm taking a somewhat different path for the time being!

9e79ae213ba4be2c2b87bba81e889497.png

c3a63045c3e73d286fa6c119d5945fe2.png

End of 2027

3de5f14a358a0d723ba93d97be68fcbb.png

4d36adb3419d68574f65516abb9c04f0.png

An amazing start to life as the Columbia manager, an unbeaten start sees us top the group and an astonishing win over Argentina!!!!

Here are the best players in the setup, just to give an idea of the quality I'm working with and the tactic I'm using is an attacking 4-2-3-1.

Last Used Squad

Jorge Montano

Fernando Patino

Diego Castro

Eugenes Sanchez

Quiet transfer window. Not convinced I'm done yet, but this represents a Net profit of about £23m!

screen-shot-2015-12-09-at-22-07-19.png

EDIT - So our squad now looks like this (5-3-2 being used)

GK - Horn, Mignolet

DC - Rugani, Sakho, De Vrij, Mustafi, Munoz

WBL - Rodriguez, Moreno

WBR - Clyne, Montoya

MC - Kramer, Maia, Ozil, Wilshere, Henderson, Hojbjerg

ST - Firmino, Coutinho, Kane, Gotze, Ibe

It's really very good now, but probably not a really "elite" squad.

Started an unemployed save max rep, holiday for a good job.

Fiorentina, fighting relegation in November, score!

Boubacar misses the next three games, fine I can scrape by.

2 days in job, two messages pop up, Guiseppe Rossi had done his cruciate(how couldn't he?), but also, top CB Gonzalo Rodriguez had knee tendonitis.

Should be fun, eh...... :ackter:

Interestingly, in my first game, after 60 minutes of nothing, right wingback Gilberto gets in the box, and launches a rabona cross for Kalinic to head in, 1-0. In the 90th minute Bernardeschi(a wide man playing as striker because of squad depth) slips a nasty through ball for Kalinic, and he gets his 2nd. 2-0, up to 18th, and Kalinic had doubled his season total.

EDIT: Also I set up a deal for transfer listed Mangala to arrive in January.

Two weeks later, Borja Varelo, Davide Astori and Nikola Kalinic all out injured, though for shorter terms.

EDIT: One more day, Ron Vlaar out for 4 months.

Posted these in the 15 thread by mistake.

Going well enough, whether by luck or skill, I'm not sure. Though I'll keep the tactic for future use.

Unbeaten in the league, with 3 wins and 2 draws, taking us comfortably out of the relegation spots for now(14th, but only four points clear of 18th), one win in Europe to leave us 2nd in the Europa group(above expectations), and drew Dortmund in the first knockout. Sadly knocked out of the Cup at the first round, massively underachieving, but with a heavy run of games and few players, I had to chuck some rubbish but fresh legs at it.

Mangala quickly picked up a 3 game injury, and I had to chuck players(Tomovic & Roncaglia) who agreed contracts with another club. Their sales gave me a few pound to play with, and the club gave me a bit more at my request, so I brought in a handful of loans in Wilfried Bony, Andrea Poli, Andrea Rannochia, Bruno Zuculini and Davide Santon.

EDIT: I forgot a 800k deal for Trinidade de Vilhena, who was leaving his old club on a bosman.

England - 2029

ba7307b7dc1ecf04985a44ba40f58f71.png

f557dd845c5ce5b8e88e70d619c6f503.pnga4de92cba2a1171dace173cc69edac6f.png

I hope I've made the English proud! A great qualifying campaign with a GD of +31 and only a friendly loss against Portugal to put a dampener on things, next year we have the World Cup and here's the groups:

f910088bd1808a9003d17cac29a6eed4.png

5dadefe1aebe4d47c70ba92e7b96f706.png

A tricky group with a couple of good nations and my past employers Colombia, we should beat Uzbekistan with ease though.

Best XI - Even though it shows the best XI as a 4-4-2, that is definitely not the formation I've been playing!!

fe1dd0df9ee879a1026a25113474d676.png

Wanted a new challenge, so figured I should go to Spain. Found a nice team in Real Sociedad, so the target is clear: perform better than a certain mister Moyes has.

Compared to the EPL, there's not much cash (3M euros transfer budget) and the team is technically very proficient, but physically rather weak and brittle. Figured I'd rather not bring anybody in and see for myself what each team member is capable of before clearing out the deadwood.

Given that we're technically so good, we're playing a boring passing game, trying to keep things thight at the back. Right now, we're 10 matches in and we're still unbeaten! I do draw quite a lot of matches though, so I'm sitting in 4th place: Won 5, Drawn 5, GD +5.

Will try to post some screens when we're half way through.

Posted these in the 15 thread by mistake.

:lol:

Probably because I bumped that thread with my game.

@Makoto Nakamura , after all the great results you let me down with England, No pressure now though as I don't mind seeing Liverpool lose.:p

Half way in my first season with Real Sociedad. It's refreshing to play a club where there isn't any money to buy or loan players and where expiring contracts are really an issue, since players all want far more money than that thery're currently on. And there isn't any wiggle room in the wage budget. Offers for players are mode sometimes, but no club is willing to go (much) above my player's valuation.

We had a great run of undefeated games going, only losing out embarrasingly to Girona in the Cup. But then came an away trip to Real Madrid, which we lost 1-0 due to a free kick by Cristiano Ronaldo. My team's morale seems to be greatly affected by this, since we also lost to Rayo and Valencia after this, making three games lost in a row. Right now, we're sitting in 4th place, only due to Barcelona having played a couple of games less.

83F00E9B26D159C44EB0A6CB0699DC260F54684A

rYrA5YN.png

Just hit December 2016 with Getafe, currently 3rd. Finished runners up to Arsenal in our Europa League group. Then this pops up, I declared interest in this job last season when De Boer, was under pressure. Surprised to see this popping up, shall I go with Ajax if they sack him or offer me the role? or stick with Getafe?

Ajax is a great club. But winning in The Netherlands will be easy. So the only challenge lies in Europese. With Getafe, there's more tot build yourself.

My thoughts exactly :D Ajax will be too easy. But I do have my eyes on Atlético Madrid job whenever they get rid of Diego Simeone.

Finished the season with Fiorentina scraping an Europa League spot. In the Europa though, I won it, and secured CL football.

The summer, has been intense, only 10 of the previous seasons squad remain, as I sell 100m worth of players, and buy for 160m.

Key signings include,

Domenico Berardi, for 14m, Sassuolo's relegation gave me an incredible opportunity to land one of the top young forwards in Europe(just pipping Milan & Arsenal) and a national at that. Fits both my tactics magnificently.

Alessio Romagnoli, for 38m, pricey, but a young Italian titan who can be my defensive lynchpin for a generation. Also a capable, if limited left back. Him and Mangala should be a nightmare to get past.

Mateo Kovacic, for 22.5m, transfer listed by Real Madrid, their loss is certainly my gain. His years at Inter mean he shouldn't need to adjust and hopefully he can pull the strings quickly.

Anthony Martial, for 27m(rising to 35m), fast, technical, has everything in his locker barring an air game, can also cover the left wing, a monster in the making.

Lorenzo Insigne(9m), Ruben Neves(7m listed), Cristian Pavon(6.25m), Nicola Murru(9m), Mayke(6.75m), Sime Vrsaljko(2.8m listed), Luigi Sepe(1.7m) and Alex Telles(7.5m) fill out the squad.

Younger, stronger, and more Italian, the perfect(for me) transfer window, despite expense.

You guys are really advancing nicely. Me on the other hand still looking for the save to keep me interested beyond a couple of games.

I might have found it with Werder Bremen. Club with a lot of history but little money. They used to have Mesut Özil in their team.

I only recognize a few of their players as compared to 2 years ago but I think it will be a fun save to see what I can do with little but still being in the top flight.

Settled on a 442 narrow diamond and going through pre-season. Have €2.9mn to spend.

Everything is going well in Florence. Undefeated in the league, with 5 wins and 1 draw.

Europe has been the surprise though, as we go down a goal in Germany, but a late equalizer from Martial gives us an unexpected point. Next Barca visit us and I just don't know....

dc1764949e777e6d2881b7a7c23aca2e.png

I set up to counter, and get a draw, but they didn't even get a sniff.

Next big European night in Florence, and we repeat the feat, with a powerhouse Bayern side.

0ddff799a1b780eb3b356be59341ec2a.png

It's strange, as it's a pretty average 4-1-2-3 DM tactic I built for games I expect to loose. Basically, "go out there, hold the ball, and if we get a draw, happy day", but the big boys don't get close to us, not in any meaningful way. Barca, Bayern, and Juve have all fallen under it's sword, along with any game I'm comfortable to close out a lead.

Also of note, 9 starts and 4 sub appearances for Martial, 11 goals and 2 assists. When he plays, he has an impact.

It seems that playing risk-free, slow, patient passing football yields some very good results. A bit like Van Gaal is trying to do IRL :-)

With my Real Sociedad save, I'm currently almost finished with my first season. It's still very close in the race for 4th place as you can see below. I'm proud of my "goals against" column, but to be honest, I still have to play Real Madrid and Valencia, while Sevilla only play lesser teams. So, I'm hoping to get a Europa League place, UCL will probably be too much to ask. Especially now that two key players have been injured.

Only transfer activity was accepting a bid from PSG for my right back Zaldua (10.75M euros - too good to turn down) and from Watford for Agirretxe (4.4M - didn't get much games). As replacement for right back I brought in Julio Buffarini from San Lorenze for 4.3M euros, who is a good, professional player. No world beater, but he fits the system.

95A4D503903CFADB81E05835F3FE40C0E02776F2

b0f0uMb.png

Big signing for next season, hopefully we can kick start his career again. Had the chance to sign Giuseppe Rossi, on free but pulled out in the end.

EDIT:

oq26HSS.png

Another signing, to boost our goalkeeper options as other 2 back ups aren't good enough.

Had the chance to sign Giuseppe Rossi, on free but pulled out in the end.

Such a great player but those injury issues are a real kick in the teeth :(

Annual Saints save is up and running. I'm hindering our progress a bit by tinkering with a disingenuous amalgamation of a counter attacking, possession style within a 4-4-2. It's also strikerless, so is a real bloody mess :D

Two signings - Gabriel Barbosa and Daniel Amartey. Outgoings were Yoshida, Isgrove and Pelle.

Finally had enough time to finish my first season with La Real. A bad run of form, especially in the last 3 games when my keeper was out injured, saw us unable to get to an UCL place. 6 points from the last 6 games was a great disappointment. Especially since Real Madrid picked up only 5 points in that run, so we would have been able to overtake them. But still, European football for this club is a very nice achievement.

74A685A9158B8433A5282EAF8D52F637A1F8B1F9

The summer will see some rebuilding of the squad. I'll lose both my left wingers: one was on loan and the other wanted very high wages, so I didn't want to renew his contract. At the back I only have 2 good centre backs, so I'll need to find some reinforcements there too. And, given the stature of the club, some players will be coveted by bigger clubs and probably have their heads turned. So I hope I'll be able to sell some assets to fund the rebuilding needed.

Scoring goals is an issue, but also a logical effect of trying to keep the ball, not taking too much risks and keeping everything tight at the back. I had Xabi Prieto and Gonzalo Castro on the wings. The latter will leave on a free and Xabi is getting old (dribbling of 18 and acceleration of 10 means he tries to walk through defences instead of running past them). So whilst I want to keep the 4-3-3 (DM) shape I'm so fond of, some roles might need a tweak. It'll depend on the transfer window and who we're able to get in.

BoxToBox - Superb win over Barca and Bayern :cool: Superb signings for Fiorentina.

Cheers! Team is quickly becoming a monster, and delightfully, with an Italian core. One of my CB's done his cruciate and at 32 is probably done, luckily the board gave me a cash boost(without me asking), so John Stones will join in January.

b0f0uMb.png

Big signing for next season, hopefully we can kick start his career again. Had the chance to sign Giuseppe Rossi, on free but pulled out in the end.

EDIT:

oq26HSS.png

Another signing, to boost our goalkeeper options as other 2 back ups aren't good enough.

Brilliant signing with Munir, and an excellent decision to pass on Rossi.

Such a great player but those injury issues are a real kick in the teeth :(

Magic player, but the injuries, combined with such a low Natural Fitrness(2) means he melts quickly. I sold him in the 2016 summer while he still had value, 20m. Had already lost a yard of pace at that point.

Finally had enough time to finish my first season with La Real. A bad run of form, especially in the last 3 games when my keeper was out injured, saw us unable to get to an UCL place. 6 points from the last 6 games was a great disappointment. Especially since Real Madrid picked up only 5 points in that run, so we would have been able to overtake them. But still, European football for this club is a very nice achievement.

74A685A9158B8433A5282EAF8D52F637A1F8B1F9

The summer will see some rebuilding of the squad. I'll lose both my left wingers: one was on loan and the other wanted very high wages, so I didn't want to renew his contract. At the back I only have 2 good centre backs, so I'll need to find some reinforcements there too. And, given the stature of the club, some players will be coveted by bigger clubs and probably have their heads turned. So I hope I'll be able to sell some assets to fund the rebuilding needed.

Excellent work there! Hope the rebuild goes well.

My board set the budgets for the second season: 5M euros for transfers and about 30K p/wk in wages left in the wage budget. Which means I'll have to fund the rebuild by selling first. PSG have already offered 19M for my key defender Inigo Martinez, who's valued at 18.75M. So that's a big no. It seems that if you're a smaller team, the big boys will try to get your players cheaply.

Edit: After some negotiations PSG have offered up 41M euros (5 of which is after 50 league games, which he might never reach). It's a tempting proposal...

My board set the budgets for the second season: 5M euros for transfers and about 30K p/wk in wages left in the wage budget. Which means I'll have to fund the rebuild by selling first. PSG have already offered 19M for my key defender Inigo Martinez, who's valued at 18.75M. So that's a big no. It seems that if you're a smaller team, the big boys will try to get your players cheaply.

Edit: After some negotiations PSG have offered up 41M euros (5 of which is after 50 league games, which he might never reach). It's a tempting proposal...

Hmmm, Martinez is a cracking player, but 41m is a lot of rebuilding power...

This is our season so far:

screen-shot-2015-12-15-at-21-05-39-e1450213613319.png

A false early position at the top of the league due to generous fixtures. We'll have played all the big boys by the end of the year.

Must have been disappointed to drop points to a relegation level team like Chelsea....

Beat Man City at the Etihad in my final match last night :cool:

This counter-attacking 4-4-2 seems to work so far, so I'm sticking with it. The Board has bumped our transfer budget to £11m in advance of the Winter transfer window opening, Usual suspects are listed (including Pastore, Mangala and Sven Bender). Bender for £5.5m and £45k p/w looks likeliest. I expected to need to sell Wanyama at the end of season one, so if that happens I'll have a decent replacement in place. Originally planned to use Amartey as his replacement, but he's done well at the back where we've had quite a few injuries.

Some fixtures have been and gone, but it's the transfer window which is looking lively. Bender has arrived for £5.5m, and on that same day United started to offer for Sadio Mane (rated at £28m, 5 goals, 2 assists, 7 POTM award this season). Negotiated them to an initial £22m, £20m over 12 months, £6.75m after 50 league appearances, £5.75m after 10 internationals and 30% future profit. Can't say no to that. I'm sure he'll go, so I need to get thinking.

EDIT - Done! Mane has gone for that potential £55m fee. Replacement is Gokhan Tore from P-SG for £15m. Slots nicely into my WM (A) Role on the right.

Archived