FMT16 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Makoto Nakamura I know it was West Ham but really? where are the Fleetwood fans? with that low capacity you should be selling out every game.:(

@Dagenham_Dave Great drama again, well done, was nice of Forster to dodge out of the way.

Really FM? REALLY??

p77vUda.png

On the verge of sacking this year's game. In years gone by, this kind of rubbish was due to being over-attacking and letting the opposition hit you on the break. Not when you play a high possession patient passing game. Makes no sense. I had 563 completed passes to their 254. I can't even be bothered with extra time, even if we win it. Add this to the ridiculous situation with away games, and a lot of the fun has been sucked out of this save. :(

Really FM? REALLY??

p77vUda.png

On the verge of sacking this year's game. In years gone by, this kind of rubbish was due to being over-attacking and letting the opposition hit you on the break. Not when you play a high possession patient passing game. Makes no sense. I had 563 completed passes to their 254. I can't even be bothered with extra time, even if we win it. Add this to the ridiculous situation with away games, and a lot of the fun has been sucked out of this save. :(

Unlucky mate :(

A big question; do you tweak your tactic from match to match or during matches at all? Since you basically plugged in Cleon's tactic from the counter-attacking thread, and some have done the same and reported poor results.

The only changes I've made is turn the striker into an AMC as a Shadow Striker and added 5 team instructions.

Fancy starting a save as Portsmouth.

What leagues would people recommend I start with for cheap gems and regens?

You can get decent gems in Scandinavian region :thup: I would look at South America or South Africa for good regens.

Been playing my Bordeaux since yesterday and we have started well in the league and Europa. Especially getting win over Napoli, despite us playing with 10 man in second half! Currently 11th in the league, few points off the top.

LANwWMK.png

iSV4XKI.png

Pavon - What a player!! Which I decided to get him on permanent deal :D

Brought in Timo Horn to boost our goalkeeper and Wayne Hessenney on loan for cover.

Nice work, especially getting Pavon, I bought him at the start of my current season with Bradford, though from Fiorentina and for a lot more money. Took a while to settle but has become a monster.

Yeah, he is a beast as False 9 :cool: How much did you pay for him? Could I see screenshot of him please?

Yeah, he is a beast as False 9 :cool: How much did you pay for him? Could I see screenshot of him please?

30m in 2018, and 190k a week wages, but I have a tycoon owner and I had to give him massive wages to keep him away from CL clubs.

8173bedab2d8235dad04e8b921bc84ef.jpg

I actually have a 3 year extension clause to be activated on his contract.

1cbe0fb21c653df0e92f09a121759412.png

Arsenal visit us next, and last game is at Old Trafford....

eb143bf58f898b0f0c43631192edc513.png

It's fair to say things have gone downhill quite a bit, we've had some very hard games. Admittedly Norwich and West Brom don't look very hard on paper but after 29 games Norwich are in 6th on 48 points and West Brom are in 3rd on 55 points, we're currently in 10th on 41 points.

@RTH - Some big signings there, midfielders seems to be weak there ;)

@BoxToBox- Congrats on winning the league :cool:

@Lashley - You could give those teams a go - Stoke, Leeds, Blackpool, Bolton, Hartlepool, Hearts, Hibs.

@Makoto Nakamura A decent finish in the Premier League :cool:

I am very itching to get back to play my Getafe save over Bordeaux one now :rolleyes:

b6fa71a0ae512826e6dc9f2ac5e97047.png

77990f6197c518ccc6726d3b8fb2b684.png

Key Players:

Matthew Ballantyne

Sadio Mane

Dimitri Foulquler

My first big job! Celtic have won the league every season so far and I've been handed a 3 year contract as their previous manager went to manage Fleetwood. I aim to bring attacking football throughout my stay here and my first game was a 1-0 Friendly win over PSG :)

@RTH - Some big signings there, midfielders seems to be weak there ;)

@BoxToBox- Congrats on winning the league :cool:

@Lashley - You could give those teams a go - Stoke, Leeds, Blackpool, Bolton, Hartlepool, Hearts, Hibs.

@Makoto Nakamura A decent finish in the Premier League :cool:

I am very itching to get back to play my Getafe save over Bordeaux one now :rolleyes:

Might do a save with Leeds

Started a one with pompey :D

Added Norway and Sweden....But can't scout their leagues for cheap gems :(

b6fa71a0ae512826e6dc9f2ac5e97047.png

77990f6197c518ccc6726d3b8fb2b684.png

Key Players:

Matthew Ballantyne

Sadio Mane

Dimitri Foulquler

My first big job! Celtic have won the league every season so far and I've been handed a 3 year contract as their previous manager went to manage Fleetwood. I aim to bring attacking football throughout my stay here and my first game was a 1-0 Friendly win over PSG :)

It looks like you have a strong squad there.

Can only scout the UK

You can only wait til the club expand the scouting assignment to other regions. Or you can look through their top clubs and look at their key players or youngsters, I would definitely recommend Elba Rashani from Brondby, brought him for Getafe for 625K, did well in first season, now second season, he's utterly brilliant, getting handful of goals :cool:

Still ticking along OK at Anfield. Four points clear after 27 matches in the league. Just lost the Capital One Cup final 2-1 to Spurs, but should advance to the QF of the CL as we won 3-1 at CSKA Moscow in the first leg of the first knockout round.

Financially we're in a bit of a mess; £3m in the red with £2m per month going out servicing a couple of bank loans. I want to move a few people out in the summer (Skrtel and Milner are getting on a touch and Sturridge's niggly injury record is annoying me. He's valued at £32m and I think I could get maybe £50m for him. Up front Kane has 17 from 21 starts, Ings has 11 in 15 and Sturridge 15 in 18.

You can only wait til the club expand the scouting assignment to other regions. Or you can look through their top clubs and look at their key players or youngsters, I would definitely recommend Elba Rashani from Brondby, brought him for Getafe for 625K, did well in first season, now second season, he's utterly brilliant, getting handful of goals :cool:

will check him out, cheers

End of Season 2024/25

c1b9a61ab7380861a489999dce31e2e9.png

a100824798ef3029e759db2310c2f068.png

8697e719ea735c5d5a8f5d14ccbeea8d.png

In the league it was Celtics highest points total since the haul of 98 points in the 2016/17 season, we did well only losing 3-1 on aggregate to Inter in the First Knockout Round of the Champions League, they ended up beating PSG 1-0 in the Final.

Key Players:

Ricardo Horta

Sadio Mane

Matthew Ballantyne

Lewis Cook

For next season I've already got 5 players coming in on bosmans so I'll have a look and see if/ who else I can add to the squad.

Rangers made it to the Premier League again in 2019/20 and stayed there until relegation 2023/24, they've been automatically promoted and are back in the premiership this season.

In terms of bosmans I've signed 4 real players and 1 regen. The real players are Diego Reyes, Jack Grealish, Will Hughes and Mirko Ivanic.

Our form is odd...after 12 league games we've lost 3, away to Dundee Utd, home to Partick Thistle and away to Kilmarnock yet in the Champions League we've won all 3 of our games so far 4-2 away to Steaua Bucharest, 3-1 at home to Inter Milan and 2-0 at home to Atletico Madrid.

I go to bed very confused.

Made a few signings for our first tilt at CL, rotation and options, etc, Gáya for the LB spot notably.

What I wanted though, was one massive signing, and I'm fairly flexible, can be any of an attacking CM, left inside forward or striker(the squad can be slightly shuffled to suit), but I just can't find a player that ticks all the boxes at any position.

Bernardo Silva looks fairly ideal, but 75m and 300kpw is massively expensive, being one footed could hurt at CM.

Marco Asensio is the cheapest overall, at 32m and 70kpw wages, but needs development in attacking, and isn't as much of a hardworking team player as I'd like.

Mario Gotze is the cheapest in transfer fee, but wants 300kpw. One of the classiest players, but with downsides in shooting, top speed and fitness.

Christian Eriksen is at 60m and 200-275kpw, a good all-rounder, again shooting is slightly weaker than I'd like, but twofootedness is excellent.

Stephain El Shaarawy 45m or so, and again 275kpw, fast and can find the onion bag, but collects knocks and has weak fitness.

Ivan Caveleiro 50m and another wanting 275kpw give or take, finishing and passing could be slightly better, but is fit, fast and a worker.

End of Season 2025/26 - Beware lots of screenshots and records!!

4ddbfb63d401c9c7ec3578ca15a256ba.png

eafcd18381880fd61477220da2a7d3b1.png

d606425b0aab5d9864e1b7e3982dff84.png

7c18e8bad3913faa3e8ed6491e4d90a8.png

e4c06511fdbe3c07aa984354e8ff3ad5.png

d3676454489a2f3cd26bde29db4675bc.png

13bea524336eb3168e3fd8cc415f6878.png

b90d9dab0bf98e99ad93bad4228828f3.png

As you can see it has been one hell of a season, from an awful start to a mixed end and finishing off with another treble winning team, in the last 2 games we beat Partick Thistle 6-0 and Dundee Utd 7-0!

dcb5009849ca6eea640a622a573a9ef3.png

Key Players:

Diego Lopez (Wonderkid)

Ralph Collard

Matthew Ballantyne

Lewis Cook

Ricardo Horta

Jack Grealish

Will Hughes

Archived