FMT16 Save Updates Thread

I am kinda glad that someone else (RTH) is starting as many saves as me...

An outrageous accusation :D

I'm not starting new saves as such, just creating offshoots from one save......

Speaking of which......interested to see D_D scoop up Benteke as one of Klopp's last deeds at Anfield was to sell him to either Lyon or Marseille for £6.75m (they signed Harry Kane for £30m). Why was it his last deed? Because Pellegrini retired and City decided to approach Klopp. So whilst I was surveying training in Lisbon ahead of season two with every intention of seeing how my new Brazilians settled in, I was distracted by a phone call inviting me to take over at Liverpool.......

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is some battle for the title, a great season so far for your boys and Bournemouth.

Like I said in your thread it won't be long before you are winning the PL.:p

interested to see D_D scoop up Benteke as one of Klopp's last deeds at Anfield was to sell him to either Lyon or Marseille for £6.75m (they signed Harry Kane for £30m). Why was it his last deed? Because Pellegrini retired and City decided to approach Klopp. So whilst I was surveying training in Lisbon ahead of season two with every intention of seeing how my new Brazilians settled in, I was distracted by a phone call inviting me to take over at Liverpool.......

They got him for £29m in my current save (someone at SI must be a dreamer from Anfield) and Klopp went to Arsenal after first season.

This has probably been one of the biggest accomplishments for me in my FM history.

dc8e09a84c2ec35b56b7a65fad117d8b.png

aaf7da6a75ba789481e606a3faaa3f41.png

3c014c7760bee9c1c3bdeb731c737326.png

Having looked at Cleon's counter attacking thread I took that on board and it results in that, we're also in 4th in the league so we could get promoted! This is probably the first time where I'll be sad to not accept a new contract although I hope the new manager will use the new-found money to good use.

MASSIVE EDIT!

196e75c2899c1bdec5e8acc25daa385f.png

Unbelievable.

2-1 up at home to Liverpool in the 5th round of the FA Cup, going into the 3rd and final minute of stoppage time, when this happens...

[video=youtube;BXPu9_XkDgk]

The video isn't the best quality, so not sure if you can make that out properly, but my keeper just stands and lets the ball trickle past him whilst Firmino runs past and scores. Bad enough losing a last minute equaliser anyway, but when you lose one to a glitch in the game (or at best, a really bad animation), then it makes it ten times worse.

Raging.

And of course, the replay will be away from home, so that's an automatic defeat.

I'm actually getting utterly sick of this. They played most of the game with ten men, we outplayed them completely, we had the players with the best ratings, we had the vast majority of the chances.

But of course, it's an away game, so...

l9zzVba.png

*sighs*

I've now been plagued by a major injury crisis, got 10 first team players out, including all my available fullbacks, so for this current game, I have two youth players in the full back positions making their debuts for the club. Brutal. Good education for them though!

First defeat of the season was a narrow 2-1 loss at Stamford Bridge. A bit gutting because we levelled late on and they scored a winner right at the end. However, it was a good result and an enjoyable save so far. A match against Bayern is imminent; I think I chickened out last night and went to bed rather than play against them :)

FYI - Cleon has posted a new Possession based thread in the Tactics forum, it's a beauty.

Well, the good news is that the first semi final has been played, and Championship side Nottingham Forest have reached the final. What an opportunity for ourselves and Saints to nab a trophy this season.

I've still got half my defence out with injuries, so it's going to be a tough ask. My first choice keeper has returned to full fitness this week...do I risk him in such a big match?

Subplots galore...

Half time then, and despite bossing possession and having the majority of chances, strangely I feel lucky to be ahead, primarily because their two shots on target were both absolute sitters. Still, it's going well, and a place in the final is a mere 45 mins away. What can possibly go wrong?

HqMNtdZ.png

It had to be him. It just had to be.

In real life, the Scottish team I support is Stirling Albion. A few years ago, we took this raw kid on loan from Burnley. Little did we know then he would go on to sign for a Premier League club for millions of pounds and win England caps.

And now, today of all days, he's decided to wickedly punish me.

How could you Jay-Rod, how could you?

6FkjWtT.png

Archived