[FM2016] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded - 9.0.2 Out Now

SI can't have it covered as they already struggle to get an adequate number of researchers for Step 2 of non-league football so having any data below that level is always seen as a bonus.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SI can't have it covered as they already struggle to get an adequate number of researchers for Step 2 of non-league football so having any data below that level is always seen as a bonus.

While that is very true, in this specific case it takes less than minute to find the name of the stadium and a rough figure of its capacity if not an exact one.

You assume that the internal research team have a spare minute & you forget the long/lat data which is needed plus the standard of the facilities & pitch data. I can say from experience that they don't as the data requirements of the default leagues take all their available time.

As an example during the last cycle I worked at SI (FM15) I was the last person to leave the test room to go home at 22:30 on a Saturday shortly before release, the data team were still working away & kept going well after midnight. They slept in the office that night & continued working on Sunday.

You assume that the internal research team have a spare minute & you forget the long/lat data which is needed plus the standard of the facilities & pitch data. I can say from experience that they don't as the data requirements of the default leagues take all their available time.

As an example during the last cycle I worked at SI (FM15) I was the last person to leave the test room to go home at 22:30 on a Saturday shortly before release, the data team were still working away & kept going well after midnight. They slept in the office that night & continued working on Sunday.

Happy to share with SI all the long/lat data for the missing grounds (plus all those that were set to 0/0) that I've collated so far for this if it lessens the workload for future FMs - capacity/pitch/facility standards to be collected as and when time allows

It's a shame everyone seems so overworked before release - do they take applications for more temp staff at the time? I expect myself and many others would be interested, especially if it's work that shouldn't require too much specific training or expertise.

You guys might not be able to answer this, but I noticed in your file in the Reserves section you have "Custom XML" selected for Type. I've looked around with the Resource Archiver and I could not find the eng_u21_0 file. Do you know where that would be?

So in other words, whilst SI and Sega profit massively from the game, they're massively understaffed and rely on brand loyalty to drive annual sales rather than releasing a top-quality product. Good to know. It's a basic, factual research task which can be carried out online, you need a minimum-wage temp staffer not a highly-paid industry expert, there's no excuse.

No, they are staffed to adequate levels & do bring in a lot of temporary staff between July & September to deal with the increased workload, it's the nature of the industry that long hours are common close to release of any game but on the flip side there are periods of down time.

Now that I've addressed your point let's keep any further posts to the subject at hand, the EEE update & any feedback or issues related to the custom edit.

I'd been getting the dumps playing certain games in September. I'd only edited one squad to make AFC Hornchurch squad reflect its real-life counterpart. Seems to happen after matchdays for me. Running to Level 9 with a medium database and added top players from South America, Europe and Africa on 16.3 update.

Not had any time to do any more tests, but I've been doing a bit of thinking and can see three ways forward...

1. The EEE team are able to fix the problem(s) and EEE version 2 will work.

2. The FA Vase seems the mostly likely cause so a much simpler version of it is created even if it loses some realism to allow a workable version of EEE to be created.

3. EEE abandons the FA Vase and Level 9 altogether and reverts to a Level 8 database.

It's obviously a decision for the EEE team and looking at Magic's post above it looks like number 1 is in the pipeline.

FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded

eff52eda-007c-483e-974e-db457b3e779f_zpsd9d152c4.png

Previously known as Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 & 8, FMUpdates continues to bring you the best league expansion file that goes down to Level 8, and for the first time in our history, to Level 9.

Uncle Ron's initial work carries on and our ideals are the same as when he made his first release in 2010, if not stronger.

Although he currently does not work on the file we have a dedicated team who want to bring you the best custom FM experience a league expansion can bring.

If you are enjoying our release, please rate up the file in Steam Workshop and rate up this thread!

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-23%20at%2011.59.51_zpsajdz0w7f.png

Fixed bug where game would consistently crash on certain dates

Fixed bug where FA Vase would stop working during the 2016/17 season and would no longer schedule

Resolved some club movements into incorrect leagues

Added Minimum Stadium and Seating capacity into league stages of all playable leagues

Fixed issue where clubs would not relegate from some leagues in Step 5

Fixed issue where clubs from Step 7 or lower would be promoted to Step 5

DOWNLOAD ON STEAM WORKSHOP!

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-04%20at%2018.55.06_zpss5ip3u5h.png

FMU3transparentlong_zpsemizwdz3.png

Good work on a quick turnaround however I would not have added the minimum stadium requirements to all lower league levels due to a bug in the main FM code that causes clubs to only build/convert stands to meet the seated capacity requirement while removing all of their standing areas.

Good work on a quick turnaround however I would not have added the minimum stadium requirements to all lower league levels due to a bug in the main FM code that causes clubs to only build/convert stands to meet the seated capacity requirement while removing all of their standing areas.

I've only just been made aware of this issue, however that is for Sports Interactive to fix, they have already acknowledged it.

I agree that it is for SI to fix but creating a set of rules in a custom file that will see users regularly encounter a known bug is probably not a great idea, fortunately it is a setting that people can remove if they know how & is worth adding a comment to your release notes so those who are not regulars on this forum or are unaware of the bug can make an informed choice on whether to use the file as is, change the settings or not use the file.

I agree that it is for SI to fix but creating a set of rules in a custom file that will see users regularly encounter a known bug is probably not a great idea, fortunately it is a setting that people can remove if they know how & is worth adding a comment to your release notes so those who are not regulars on this forum or are unaware of the bug can make an informed choice on whether to use the file as is, change the settings or not use the file.

I disagree, any issue with any file that is reported to SI helps them investigate the issue and highlights the need for a bug fix. I don't think it should be the case that we should tell users about the bug, as setting that precedent would mean we'd need to tell users about all other bugs that could affect their game. Besides, the issue affects people who play FM completely vanilla so they'll probably end up experiencing the issue anyway. The options of leave the option in or out to me boils down to either protecting our users by removing issues that affect the gameplay or leaving the feature in and encourage users to report any issue to SI to help them fix the bug. We much prefer the second option, who knows if there is an underlying issue or if having this option in makes it easier to spot and fix the problem than it would be compared to those using FM vanilla?

I disagree, any issue with any file that is reported to SI helps them investigate the issue and highlights the need for a bug fix. I don't think it should be the case that we should tell users about the bug, as setting that precedent would mean we'd need to tell users about all other bugs that could affect their game. Besides, the issue affects people who play FM completely vanilla so they'll probably end up experiencing the issue anyway. The options of leave the option in or out to me boils down to either protecting our users by removing issues that affect the gameplay or leaving the feature in and encourage users to report any issue to SI to help them fix the bug. We much prefer the second option, who knows if there is an underlying issue or if having this option in makes it easier to spot and fix the problem than it would be compared to those using FM vanilla?

I haven't tested in-game yet, but hopefully if the requirements were to be removed from ALL leagues (even the ones not added by EEE in the file) that would stop the issue occurring? Frankly given we're very unlikely to see a new patch to fix this, it would probably be best to do that if so because there will be loads of users who maybe have been waiting for this to play LLM, don't know about the bug and will be heavily affected by it - surely not having the requirements beats the bugged implementation? People want to have the best possible experience playing this file, not act as testers for SI.

The only issue being that SI have (outrageously) said they have no intention of fixing bugs that have been here since beta and actually releasing a finished product, they'll just make a new game and sell it again for forty bucks and claim that counts as a "fix".

Technically with this issue though Sports Interactive have asked for something which hasn't been provided: a save game before the issue occurs. With this file, I have managed to sim to the end of the season and had two affected teams with this bug, and have provided a save game, steps to reproduce and some screenshots stating the issue.

This will be our last input on this matter, we're not ones for getting into an argument about what we or Sports Interactive should be doing. Not only do we add new features in but we have been and still continue to actively report issues to the developers for the purpose of investigating and fixing them, not to be controlled by them.

Technically with this issue though Sports Interactive have asked for something which hasn't been provided: a save game before the issue occurs. With this file, I have managed to sim to the end of the season and had two affected teams with this bug, and have provided a save game, steps to reproduce and some screenshots stating the issue.

This will be our last input on this matter, we're not ones for getting into an argument about what we or Sports Interactive should be doing. Not only do we add new features in but we have been and still continue to actively report issues to the developers for the purpose of investigating and fixing them, not to be controlled by them.

Fair enough, here's hoping it's fixed soon. I've decided to go through the file and disable the requirements for my game though - it's a shame but I think it's worth it to avoid the bug. Thanks so much for all the amazing work that's gone into this :)

If we go into the editor file and remove the dates for the league fixtures taking place, will there be any negative knock-on effects?

I find the blank league tables annoying and would like to employ a fix but want to check before potentially wrecking the file or causing other issues.

Thanks.

If we go into the editor file and remove the dates for the league fixtures taking place, will there be any negative knock-on effects?

I find the blank league tables annoying and would like to employ a fix but want to check before potentially wrecking the file or causing other issues.

Thanks.

I guess this would just end up in schedules never generated.

Thanks.

This will be fine, the game will still work and fixtures will generate at league reset. Ideally we'd like to set up all leagues like we have managed to set up the Vanarama National Premier, but doing so causes problems with competitions that rely on getting teams from those competitions at that stage. Therefore I believe if SI implemented a fix either for FM16 or FM17 (FM17 being the more likely option) so that when generating league fixtures with a draw date, a similar message is displayed along the lines of the Vanarama National Premier.

This will be fine, the game will still work and fixtures will generate at league reset. Ideally we'd like to set up all leagues like we have managed to set up the Vanarama National Premier, but doing so causes problems with competitions that rely on getting teams from those competitions at that stage. Therefore I believe if SI implemented a fix either for FM16 or FM17 (FM17 being the more likely option) so that when generating league fixtures with a draw date, a similar message is displayed along the lines of the Vanarama National Premier.

Cheers for your response.

So am I correct in saying that the reason for the fixture release dates being present (and causing the blank league tables) is only for the purposes of adding realism in terms of when the fixtures are actually drawn IRL?

There isn't another technical reason that it needs to be that way (just so I know I'm not screwing anything up without realising it)?

Yes that's correct - fixtures aren't announced for the lower leagues until mid July and the first 2 steps of the NLS until the beginning of July, so that's why it's in place.

Thank you for explaining and also for all the tremendous work you've put into this file - I'm about to immerse myself and am very much looking forward to it. Cheers!

One more question - is it the "season periods" part in the editor that I need to change?

Thanks.

EDIT: Found what I was looking for. "Setup Date" under "Competition" tab for each division (non-league only) for anyone else who is trying to do the same.

I have now successfully removed all setup dates from playable English divisions (to avoid blank league tables) and removed all minimum stadium capacity/seating capacity requirements for all divisions below the Premier League (to avoid stadium expansion/reduction sort-of bug for small lower league teams trying to meet minimum standards).

If the original makers of the file would consent, I'd be happy to make this available to save others time. Only if it's ok with them, though. Just want everyone to enjoy the file as it's a great one overall and the gentlemen involved have done a great job to get it this detailed and functional.

I've sent you a pm stevedavis clarifying our position and providing you with an answer. In short the answer to the question is no, but for those who would have files that are affected by the minimum stadium capacity issue and do not have the IGE disabled for their game, we are going to look into a way of amend any user's files with the use of the IGE on my system. If a system can be set up by ourselves that allows this to be done relatively simply, we will set this up and communicate further details on this thread.

The option you need to untick is the Draw Date in each league's League Schedule.

Much appreciated.

What is actually the difference between "setup date" and "draw date"?

If I've also unticked "setup date", what kind of affect would this have as I noticed it was inactive for the EPL and Football League already?

Thanks.

The difference is that using a setup date gets rid of the League Table and replaces it with a message stating when the league will become active. We've only been able to do this with the Vanarama National League as that is the only competition at the beginning of the game that using a setup date does not have a knock-on effect on other competitions. When we tried to do that for the other leagues, it pretty much broke the game as teams could not enter the FA Cup or other cups that relied on getting all the teams from that league.

Also the Setup Date needs to be added into the Parent Competition to take effect, we've left them in for the leagues in the event that we can find a way to implement this that doesn't break the game.

Hello! I have a saved game with this patch in the version 9.0.1, im in mid november, and have some crashes in certain dates, is just subscribed to the 9.0.2 version, can i play with my saved game with the 9.0.2 version ? O I just begin a new game with 9.0.2 version ?

Sorry for my english :p

Hello! I have a saved game with this patch in the version 9.0.1, im in mid november, and have some crashes in certain dates, is just subscribed to the 9.0.2 version, can i play with my saved game with the 9.0.2 version ? O I just begin a new game with 9.0.2 version ?

Sorry for my english :p

You need to start a new saved game, as the db version is part of your save.

How do I edit the number of team promoted and relegated from divisions?

I just want to change the number of teams relegated from league 2 to 4 and promoted from conference to 4 (including play off) but can't for the life of me remember how to do it.

Also is relegation enabled in step 9?

I have a couple of questions. Not directly related to the file it self.

It might be due to what settings i set initially.

Im in season two with 9.0.1 version of the EEE file.

1. I keep getting lots of job offers from clubs at similar level. Like 3-7 offers for interview every week.

I appreciate the interest, but i want to build the club, and not swap.

It seems to list as "applied" when i check Job Center. Not sure if that indicate the game somehow have applied for jobs for me or not..

Is there a setting in prefs / settings to reduce or eliminate this?

2. Same for my players. They are in big demand.

Offers for my players are rolling in week in and week out.

Some go but most reject offers. Then next week new bids for the same players.

I totally ignore it, but its not very realistic i think.

Yes, players swap clubs for sure. But not in this scale.

I dont see this as caused by the EEE file in any way. Just asking if anyone have any clue how to reduce it. :)

(first version of the file has worked so far for me. So im not restarting as of now. January 2017 ingame)

Archived