FM 2016 Classic Mode?

I have a question regarding Classic Mode.

This year, I changed from the "full" mode to Classic. Since I'm working a lot more lately, and with incoming kids, I have less time to spend playing, so I found that FM 2015 Classic was the way to go for me. I've been playing it a lot, and loving it a lot more then the full mode, since full takes just too damn long for me to feel that I'm progressing anything.

So, after today's announcements, I have a doubt: Is there a classic mode on FM 2016? I do not want to play it on tablet (I have FMC on my iPad air also, and it's horrible, with that huge imput lag). Will there be a Classic Mode? Or the FMC for PC is now FM Touch? If so, will it be possible to play with multiple leagues again? (I use 10 leagues on FMC-PC).

I confess, I got a bit scared with the announcements...

• Administrators

Good to know you're playing Classic. What you've known as Classic is FM Touch, yes. The option for an 'advanced setup' is still in the PC game, yes.

I'll be pleased if the game is the same as before (with improvements, I hope).

BUT... does that mean that now we must pay full price for 2 games, whereas before we had both experiences for just one price? Or will both games for PC be sold for a lower price? I can't help to feel that we may be ripped off this way. Though it was only this year that I changed to Classic Mode (damn real life responsibilities...), I liked the fact that for the past few editions, we could have the choice, for just one price.

And btw, will Classic/Touch mode have any improvement over last year version?

• Administrators

Not quite.

There's the full game - contains both modes - available on Steam.

There are two separate, Touch only versions - one for desktop (Steam), and one for Android/iOS. The desktop version should be priced less than the full game that contains both modes (lower suggested retail price)

Suggested Retail Prices, and release date info can be seen here if you need a quick overview: http://www.footballmanager.com/games

So you still get that choice, and yes, there will be improvements over last year's version.

Excellent! I'm relieved about that. Though I'm more of a FMC player now, I do want to have both choices available.

A really good news would be if the FMC version also gets the Prozone Match Analysis tool. At least the PC version...

So it will be possible to buy the new FMC game (FM Touch) for the PC for cheaper than the full fat game with both modes? £19.99 for FM Touch and £44.99 for the full fat game with FM Touch included according to the official FM site.

I may be tempted to give it a try after not tryin the last couple of versions, dependiing on the new FM Touch specific news like Create a Club and Set Piece Creator beiing a part of it.

Right I'm pretty confused and as a long term FM player, I think that itself could be an issue if current players are unsure of the FM 2016 'product'.

I play FMC on PC because the full version is too time consuming for me. Is this now called FM Touch or still FMC? I have no intention of playing a more diluted version with a smaller database on tablet.

Is there a risk that FMC version as we currently know it will become a bit lost behind the game's full version and handheld/tablet equivalent?

Could we have a thread here purely focusing on FM16 for FMC?

Be interested to hear your thoughts Lucas.

I play FMC on PC because the full version is too time consuming for me. Is this now called FM Touch or still FMC? I have no intention of playing a more diluted version with a smaller database on tablet.

It is just renamed FM Touch, and it is FM Touch that you will have if you buy the "full" game (which comes with the Simulation and Touch modes), or if you buy the standalone Touch product.

Good to know you're playing Classic. What you've known as Classic is FM Touch, yes. The option for an 'advanced setup' is still in the PC game, yes.

How would this work with the cross save cloud feature for PC/tablet? If the tablet version still has a maximum of 3 leagues and the PC version still has unlimited leagues then surely the cross save would be impossible to work if you selected more than 3 leagues for PC?

• Administrators
Right I'm pretty confused and as a long term FM player, I think that itself could be an issue if current players are unsure of the FM 2016 'product'.

Is there a risk that FMC version as we currently know it will become a bit lost behind the game's full version and handheld/tablet equivalent?

Could we have a thread here purely focusing on FM16 for FMC?

Be interested to hear your thoughts Lucas.

There's no risk, no. Feel free to create threads about FM16 if you like

So, perhaps Lucas can already confirm here - the FM Touch has, according to the details listed - opposition instructions included this time around - additionally more match analysis features (e.g.: Prozone?).

Yep, I already confirmed this in another thread.

How would this work with the cross save cloud feature for PC/tablet? If the tablet version still has a maximum of 3 leagues and the PC version still has unlimited leagues then surely the cross save would be impossible to work if you selected more than 3 leagues for PC?

When you remove nation and league restrictions on PC, the save is no longer cross-save compatible with the portable counterpart.

I have a feeling the reverse is true and they're pushing to make Classic/Touch as rich an experience as possible.

When you remove nation and league restrictions on PC, the save is no longer cross-save compatible with the portable counterpart.

Same as the Vita then, cross save possible, long as you stay within the weaker machines limits?

• Administrators
I have a feeling the reverse is true and they're pushing to make Classic/Touch as rich an experience as possible.

Same as the Vita then, cross save possible, long as you stay within the weaker machines limits?

That's right :)

Made a post in other thread about create a club but no further reply to that yet so thought to ask in here aswell.

Please can anyone say anything more about the create a club feature?

Ok all maybe obvious but nice just to confirm what it's all about.

I mean you could say create a team and what it seems like is that you could say put them straight into the premier league, would anyone else drop out then or will there be 21 teams?

As for players can you put whoever you want from the game into it or again use say a fixed budget like the draft?

Again anything at all on this can only be helpful even if it may sound stupidly obvious.

Thanks

Made a post in other thread about create a club but no further reply to that yet so thought to ask in here aswell.

Please can anyone say anything more about the create a club feature?

Ok all maybe obvious but nice just to confirm what it's all about.

I mean you could say create a team and what it seems like is that you could say put them straight into the premier league, would anyone else drop out then or will there be 21 teams?

As for players can you put whoever you want from the game into it or again use say a fixed budget like the draft?

Again anything at all on this can only be helpful even if it may sound stupidly obvious.

Thanks

Have you had a look here? http://www.footballmanager.com/football-manager-2016-key-features

Quite a bit of info with the text and screenshots.

Great news. :applause:

Hopefully there will be a list showing the major differences between the full and touch(pc) version when the new features are all out. Will be helpful for people to choose which 1 they are going to buy.

If you buy the full version, you're still going to be able to play FMT (old FMC) so that's not an issue. If you have the patience, you can wait for christmas to get the FMT standalone game.

Have you had a look here? http://www.footballmanager.com/football-manager-2016-key-features

Quite a bit of info with the text and screenshots.

Ok so once you create a club where then what happens if you say put that team into the premierleague?

Also players, can you pick actual players for your team and if so do they then play for their real teams aswell within the game?

They are really my biggest questions

• Administrators
FMT(PC) is not out as the same time as full FM?

Before Xmas is the current date.

Ok so once you create a club where then what happens if you say put that team into the premierleague?

Also players, can you pick actual players for your team and if so do they then play for their real teams aswell within the game?

They are really my biggest questions

As it shows on the screenshot, you choose a team then you can decide whether to keep the history while you change the kits, name etc. As it also says in the link you can add yourself to the game and edit the squad. Can't be more specific than that or I am giving away all the fun :)

As it shows on the screenshot, you choose a team then you can decide whether to keep the history while you change the kits, name etc. As it also says in the link you can add yourself to the game and edit the squad. Can't be more specific than that or I am giving away all the fun :)

Now this is interesting! I thought it only purely removed the club and you started from scratch, but editing a club is an option? Very nice...

Now this is interesting! I thought it only purely removed the club and you started from scratch, but editing a club is an option? Very nice...

Not sure about that either.

Looking at the bit I have highlighted from that screenshot.

njvUqk.jpg

Will need more info if we can keep original team name or if we HAVE to give the team a different or slightly different name, still interesting anyway and this option opens up some good ideas for me, obviously love making up my own club game and this option also gives me the chance to take over my beloved Spurs and make some changes with them.

Not sure about that either.

Looking at the bit I have highlighted from that screenshot.

njvUqk.jpg

Will need more info if we can keep original team name or if we HAVE to give the team a different or slightly different name, still interesting anyway and this option opens up some good ideas for me, obviously love making up my own club game and this option also gives me the chance to take over my beloved Spurs and make some changes with them.

Ahhh, I see, might have to be "keep history, but need new names etc". Still excited. Want to put my own team in the Irish league system.

There's no risk, no. Feel free to create threads about FM16 if you like

Yep, I already confirmed this in another thread.

Will FM16 Touch on IOS allow for a # of leagues to be selected versus just 3 countries? It would be a great feature to be able to choose 9 top leagues in 9 countries.

• Administrators
Will FM16 Touch on IOS allow for a # of leagues to be selected versus just 3 countries? It would be a great feature to be able to choose 9 top leagues in 9 countries.

Very unlikely to be what you've suggested there but nothing's been announced as of yet what the final limitations are.

I'm so slow. Hadn't actually paid any attention to this Create A Club stuff. It looks pretty damn good :thup: Basically means that when the summer transfers are confirmed in 2016 I could just rename Southampton as Saints and manually edit their squad to reflect their new signings? That's exactly the sort of stuff I want to do in the FM-lull after the end of the "real" season, so it sounds like a cracking addition.

I'm so slow. Hadn't actually paid any attention to this Create A Club stuff. It looks pretty damn good :thup: Basically means that when the summer transfers are confirmed in 2016 I could just rename Southampton as Saints and manually edit their squad to reflect their new signings? That's exactly the sort of stuff I want to do in the FM-lull after the end of the "real" season, so it sounds like a cracking addition.

life changing to be honest and especially the fact its available in FMT, cheers all SI :thup:

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind doing that with Bradford, and chipping up the intakes a few spots. I was disappointed with the downgrade they got between 14 & 15. Then again, it might be upped again by 16 anyway.

• Administrators
How about allowing expanded player database sizes?

You can already choose between small, medium and large databases

• Administrators
Will database size choice be enabled for iOS?

There's nothing announced regarding iOS/Android game setups, I'm afraid.

Archived