FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've left my Liverpool game, won the every cup there was to win, barring Europa, so I've started a longer unemployed save with no coaching badges or rep. Hoping to work my way up to Liverpool
Might do the same later on in my save

Second season just finished.

Won

English premier League

Club World Championship

European Champions Cup

European Super Cup

Capital One Cup

English Community Shield.

Lost FA cup in sixth round to Man United.

Man United pushed me all the way to the last say in EPL, but a 7-0 win against last place Blackburn secured the title.

Season Goals

Sturridge 58

Coutinho 36

Pogba 20

Lambert 23

Origi 28

Henderson 15

Tielemans 11

Sterling 10

Coutinho best rated 7.95 followed by Henderson 7.93 and Silva 7.77.

Hey guys! Really enjoying my save at the moment, so I thought I'd update!

Basically First season:

I came into the last day of the Premier League 1pt below Man Utd who was first. Was in the FA Cup final against Newcastle and Champions League Final against Bayern. So much hope... Man Utd win the Prem even though I won my last game as well... Newcastle win a major upset and Bayern just beat me 2-1... Shattered...

Things got worse before it got better but I won the FA Cup in my 2nd season and the Premier League in the 3rd. Fourth has started really well as well!

Some pictures before I talk some more.

Here's my club screen. Gerrard is still around. Not playing many games, not really tutoring... Just hanging around lol... Sterling is my most expensive player and just amazing all round. And yes, I am a Koala.

Club_zps2428722b.jpg

The Home screen. Nothing much doing...

Home_zps3861bfc8.jpg

Competitions screen. Couple of games into the season and looking rosy. I rarely lose games in the Champions League group stages for some reason... Already won the Community Shield!

Competitions_zps5a154561.jpg

So far so good in the Premier League. Sterling also has 4 goals!

Prem2017_zps16ab3b71.jpg

Schedule list. Friendlies I always try to play 10 plus games against easy teams for a morale boost and fitness.

Schedule_zps0e1aa5f9.jpg

I try to be very strict with my financials and becoming the richest club in the world is always a top priority of mine. I have so much transfer budget left but they won't let me slide that into the wage budget so it looks like I'm spending too much money on wages...

Finances_zps8174f8fd.jpg

Transfers. I've had some good ones.

2nd Season: Some massive sales! Some quality buys!

TransfersS2_zps2545c488.jpg

3rd Season: More massive sales and even greater buys!

TransfersS3_zpsd25685b7.jpg

4th Season: A little less exciting but squad is close to what I want now anyway. Got Oscar for so cheap and he is on fire.

TransfersS4_zps40848730.jpg

So basically my squad looks like this:

Squad_zpsfe5fbbce.jpg

And my tactics like this

Tactics_zpsb5782898.jpg

Summary:

I got to bring in Isco and Oscar quite cheap (18m pounds and 29m pounds) because they wanted more game time and weren't happy. Very happy with them buys as they fit nicely into my team. Tielemans is never injured and is slowly turning into a beast. I have a soft spot for Suso and Rossiter so they rotate often and play very well in most games.

Aboubakar has become a world class striker and scores many many goals. I got Volland for very cheap and is basically my second in command to either Aboubakar or Sterling.

In terms of regens I have a potential world class right back rotating with Flanagan and world class centreback and winger also coming through. Exciting times!

I hope you've enjoyed my post guys! Please give suggestions and feedback where you see fit!

Joe

Started my annual Liverpool save. Haven't actually made a huge splash in the transfer market. I felt the squad was already fairly solid.

Out went Johnson and Borini for 15M each.

In:

Joshua Kimmich 2M (on loan at Norwich)

Andre Hanson 60k (decent backup, better than Jones)

Gaston Gil Romero 6.5M (on loan still at Estudiantes. Will take over for Lucas next year)

Kris Ajer 1.7M (Has some nice attributes for a young guy)

Hirving Lorenzo 10M (loaned back to Pachuca, has potential to be a beast)

Lorenzo Insigne 13.25M (My only first team signing, will rotate AML with Suso)

Still got about 15M left over, if any good youngsters pop up I might go for them, otherwise save it till January. Also upgrading Youth Recruitment Network and Youth Facilities.

Playing 4-2-3-1 but really unsure about it, since I'd prefer to play Sturridge as a poacher, but meh.

Random post:

I've been using Sterling at AMR as a raumdeuter. My one centre forward is a false nine so Sterling is always the furthest forward when we are defending. If there is an overlap on his side, he'll drop deep to mark the fullback but most of the time stays up as far forward as possible. When we are defending deep, many many times, when a defender wins the ball, they send a long diagonal to Sterling who is in space and he is an amazing outlet ball. He then usually runs straight to the by-line and crosses/cuts back or makes a run into the box. He's a great out ball and many a goal has been attributed to Sterling's positioning and playing style.

I think having a false nine means that usually one of the centre backs push up further to man mark the centre forward, so there's usually space in the centre for Sterling to run into. Also Sterling isn't isolated because the false nine drops deep to get the ball then give it out to him.

In that raumdeuter role I think having a quick player with good work rate and teamwork stats is perfect because they'll most likely stay up (due to the position's instructions) but due to the teamwork and work rate attributes, comes down when he is needed to defend.

Joe

Another random side note:

I wanted John Stones (young, English, talented centre back) and I spent a whole year unsettling him. I made bids every couple of weeks and Stones was so VERY unhappy at his manager for refusing bids. I was offering up bids like 20m and 25m pounds... They wanted like 40m... After about a year they accept a bid of 10m from Arsenal... ********!!!

Any other really good English centrehalfs in the game btw?

Another random side note:

I wanted John Stones (young, English, talented centre back) and I spent a whole year unsettling him. I made bids every couple of weeks and Stones was so VERY unhappy at his manager for refusing bids. I was offering up bids like 20m and 25m pounds... They wanted like 40m... After about a year they accept a bid of 10m from Arsenal... ********!!!

Any other really good English centrehalfs in the game btw?

Exact same thing happened to me but in shorter time frame.

They wanted over $40m, only 2-3 months later sell him for $10m.

I have a policy: if they are 22 or younger and have potential I will buy. If they are 23 or over and aren't a leading, star or worldclass player, I won't buy them. Also, I would never pay more than 30 million for a player. Just my limitations on my transfer policy.

Exact same thing happened to me but in shorter time frame.

They wanted over $40m, only 2-3 months later sell him for $10m.

I hope I can buy him off Arsenal! I think I'm one of his favorite personnel. I always covert some of the Evertonian playerd buy they never sell...

Random post:

I've been using Sterling at AMR as a raumdeuter. My one centre forward is a false nine so Sterling is always the furthest forward when we are defending. If there is an overlap on his side, he'll drop deep to mark the fullback but most of the time stays up as far forward as possible. When we are defending deep, many many times, when a defender wins the ball, they send a long diagonal to Sterling who is in space and he is an amazing outlet ball. He then usually runs straight to the by-line and crosses/cuts back or makes a run into the box. He's a great out ball and many a goal has been attributed to Sterling's positioning and playing style.

I think having a false nine means that usually one of the centre backs push up further to man mark the centre forward, so there's usually space in the centre for Sterling to run into. Also Sterling isn't isolated because the false nine drops deep to get the ball then give it out to him.

In that raumdeuter role I think having a quick player with good work rate and teamwork stats is perfect because they'll most likely stay up (due to the position's instructions) but due to the teamwork and work rate attributes, comes down when he is needed to defend.

Joe

That's interesting.

I had been playing around with the raumdeuter in a 4-1-2-2-1 (or 4-3-3 to some), playong el Shaaraway in that role out wide left. If the fullback pushed forward at all it left him in massive space. However he offered absolutely nothing defensively and left that flank exposed.

So I tamed him down to an inside forward on supprt to try and get him to contribute more, with a resulting sacrifice in terms of attack threat.

What time of passing game do you play to exploit the space? I Play a short passing game with a high tempo and exploit the flanks and pass into space. They don't release him when in space as much as I would like, but don't want to go direct as I think it would leave me front two or three very isolated if I by pass the midfield to get the ball to them.

That's interesting.

I had been playing around with the raumdeuter in a 4-1-2-2-1 (or 4-3-3 to some), playong el Shaaraway in that role out wide left. If the fullback pushed forward at all it left him in massive space. However he offered absolutely nothing defensively and left that flank exposed.

So I tamed him down to an inside forward on supprt to try and get him to contribute more, with a resulting sacrifice in terms of attack threat.

What time of passing game do you play to exploit the space? I Play a short passing game with a high tempo and exploit the flanks and pass into space. They don't release him when in space as much as I would like, but don't want to go direct as I think it would leave me front two or three very isolated if I by pass the midfield to get the ball to them.

My left fullback is a wingback but my right fullback (behind Sterling) is a fullback on support. He rarely goes up and even if he does, he plays it pretty safe as it's usually Flanagan. When my worldclass regen plays, he does go up a little more but he's quick so he gets back more often than not I think...

I play 'flexible' and on 'control'. I play short passes, pass into space but don't do anything with the tempo. I have the opposition wingers marked tightly all the time. I think this makes sure that I'm not overly exposed when they come down the sides.

I used to play with 'stay on feet' because I heard it was better for teams that want to counter, but it just meant that my players would just jockey until their player would dribble into the box... Without it now, my team is the best tackling outfit in the league and concede at most one goal a game. I used to concede a fair few more regularly and draw plenty of games but this season I'm not really drawing games.

I'm out at the moment but I'm assuming Shaaraway doesn't have as good teamwork and work rate as Sterling? I rotate with Suso there and it seemed okay as well.

This season I have Isco at cm playing a deep lying playmaker. Been amazing. He has gotten a couple of assists already and his freekicks are just amazing. Oscar at amc, advanced playmaker, and he's nearly scoring in 90% of games. Everyone around him is playing better too, especially Coutinho who got shafted out to aml as an inside forward. In 10 games he's gotten 3 or 4 man of the matches.

I got Volland for 10m plus Manquillo and he's already jumped to over 30m pounds in value. Great player. I might even sell Aboubakar.

My left fullback is a wingback but my right fullback (behind Sterling) is a fullback on support. He rarely goes up and even if he does, he plays it pretty safe as it's usually Flanagan. When my worldclass regen plays, he does go up a little more but he's quick so he gets back more often than not I think...

I play 'flexible' and on 'control'. I play short passes, pass into space but don't do anything with the tempo. I have the opposition wingers marked tightly all the time. I think this makes sure that I'm not overly exposed when they come down the sides.

I used to play with 'stay on feet' because I heard it was better for teams that want to counter, but it just meant that my players would just jockey until their player would dribble into the box... Without it now, my team is the best tackling outfit in the league and concede at most one goal a game. I used to concede a fair few more regularly and draw plenty of games but this season I'm not really drawing games.

I'm out at the moment but I'm assuming Shaaraway doesn't have as good teamwork and work rate as Sterling? I rotate with Suso there and it seemed okay as well.

This season I have Isco at cm playing a deep lying playmaker. Been amazing. He has gotten a couple of assists already and his freekicks are just amazing. Oscar at amc, advanced playmaker, and he's nearly scoring in 90% of games. Everyone around him is playing better too, especially Coutinho who got shafted out to aml as an inside forward. In 10 games he's gotten 3 or 4 man of the matches.

I got Volland for 10m plus Manquillo and he's already jumped to over 30m pounds in value. Great player. I might even sell Aboubakar.

Just checked the stats and El Shawaary is 16 and 15 for work rate and teamwork respectively, while Sterling is 17 and 15 so there's nothing in it. He never tracks back though once.

I haven't tried marking the winger tighter specifically (leave it to Tassotti to set), but it's not really the wingers who are the problem, it's the full back doubling up. Perhaps I should try it with man-marking the fullback specifically but sinn know if that will negate the benefits of the raumdeuter by dragging him out of position. I Want him to drop a little deeper when defending, but still be ready to break up the wing the second we get the ball.

How hard was it to get Isco so cheap? Could you have gotten him any sooner do you think? I noticed he's unhappy at Madrid now as well but when I made an enquiry they quoted me €69 million!

How were everybody's finances, and how much did it affect your second seasons budget?

I sold a lot of players at the start of the game, and shifted a lot of wages. Think I brought in over £100m in the first two windows, a lot of in instalments over 48 months, and bought in only £70m or so (mix of upfront payments and instalments). Between the shifted wages and instalments coming in (taking in more than spending) I should have improved the financial health of the club greatly.

And yet in still leaking money every month! I'm down to -£12m by the start of March.

I know the loan repayments kicked in but still I thought I shouldn't be doing this bad.

Has it been the same for everybody?

I'm expecting circa £80m from sponsorship and league prize money in the summer, and have champions league cash to look forward to in the coming months as well (about to play the second league of my second round tie with PSG, one nil down from the first game but playong at home) which should hopefully improve things, but really hope to be able to pick up a world class player this summer (preferably Isco) so will need a large wad of cash.

Am I right in saying TV money isn't given as a lump sum but is paid in instalments throughout the season?

Hi Guys,

Its been a while since i was last on here, gotta say im loving my save at the minute! currently 2nd behind Chelski by 2 points and just reached the Capital One cup final.....against Chelski!

Just passed the January window with just one addition and no departures at all, i signed Wanyama but they would not let him go for anything less than his release clause.....So 28mil it was!! but wow what a beast he is turning out to be!! playing him as a DM he stops literally everything!!

Hope your all enjoying as much as me!! will keep y'all informed about my 1st season!!

I scored a late goal against PSG to push it to extra time where I promptly scored two more. This is it I thought, quarters here I come. PSG pulled one back but I wasn't too worried as they had created nothing all game. Then Dragovic gets himself sent off on the way to giving away a penalty.

I had zero hope as Ibra stepped up, but the Valdes saved it! The dream was still alive.

I re-organise my defence as best I can and watch the minutes tick by. At 121.05, the final whistle highlight loaded up - or so I thought. A long ball from deep finds a PSG man in the far corner who swings in a cross, and low and behold Lavezzi pops up to score a last second aggregate equaliser, and give them the win on away goals.

Went a man down in both games and deserved to win both comfortably.

At least I'm second in the league in March, two points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. And I've already guaranteed some European action by bagging the Capital One Cup.

why are people not signing valdes? seems like a no brainer to me, Im just halfway through first season and on the verge of signing him.

also is wanyama definitely worth the big cash yeah? Anyone any experience of shaqiri or konoplyanka?

And final question, do people tend to replace johnson rather than renew him, and if so, replace him with who?

I sell johnson at start and use henderson as replacement or can whatever you fancy (both right footed and can semi play so just need a lil bit retraining)

Wanyama is a good buy but others like gastongil romero, ruben neves, dieg poyet are alternatives for a enforcer in midfield

I never buy kono or shaqiri you got markovic and llana already for wingers (suso still youngon top of academy wilson , kent , canos ALL are good if you develop them)

as for valdes you can get timo horn 3.8 mill and low wages

I have no strikers.

Playing 2 upfront and I have 3 strikers for those 2 positions, young guys are out on loan with no recall option.

All 3 strikers are out for long term injuries.

I signed a new striker, but I am miles from Jan window.

Markovic and Tielemans are my strikers, lol.

I am in my 3rd season with Liverpool, won the league 1st season and won every competition second season. I use a no striker formation, still working on trying to tighten up defence but get a good amount of clean sheets

Season 2 review

League:7th

Fa cup:6th round

League cup:winners

Comm Shield:R/U

Europa League 1st knockout rd

Not happy with my league form need to start getting top 4 to keep my stars lost Can & Sakho who both wanted to leave funny because Arsenal have no champions league yet he moved there (Can) & Man City met Sterlings release clause which i had no choice never wanted any of the 3 to leave but least i won the league cup havent signed much in season 3 just 4 players including Horn on free transfer ill post my squad & transfer later on

I have no strikers.

Playing 2 upfront and I have 3 strikers for those 2 positions, young guys are out on loan with no recall option.

All 3 strikers are out for long term injuries.

I signed a new striker, but I am miles from Jan window.

Markovic and Tielemans are my strikers, lol.

how are you playing balotelli ( unless you sold him after first season i na a strikerless formation)

OOPS wrong person quote

how are you playing balotelli ( unless you sold him after first season i na a strikerless formation)

Sold Balotelli second season for $60m, played him as what ever first season, he did nothing regardless of what I did, Borini had more impact off the bench.

Sturridge, Origi and Jovic are my 3 strikers. All injured, just got Jovic back but also got Martial during Jan Window. Now got 4 strikers. Jovic and Martial only non injured.

Also just trying to get Kingsley Coman, will be hell expensive but he looks class.

Origi doing the job, Lucas Romero and Balanta great players

My team isnt good enough yet to win Champions League, but give them 3 4 years, then maybe

Lot of players out on loan.

When we got to the summer, a big clear out on the way:)

Most of the players want improved contracts all the times

Here are the team 10 dec 2016

http://imgur.com/uOFbblq

http://imgur.com/ToAdzDO

http://imgur.com/tikDJrP

http://imgur.com/WHG5BIK

http://imgur.com/3fzySYw

http://imgur.com/J5fWXz9

My team isnt good enough yet to win Champions League, but give them 3 4 years, then maybe

You can win ECC in first year with no changes. So the team is good enough.

why are people not signing valdes? seems like a no brainer to me, Im just halfway through first season and on the verge of signing him.

also is wanyama definitely worth the big cash yeah? Anyone any experience of shaqiri or konoplyanka?

And final question, do people tend to replace johnson rather than renew him, and if so, replace him with who?

I signed him. Mingolet wasnt doing too bad, but the chance to sign upgrade to Valdes while making a profit seemed like a no brainer. He has been solid, and is great in the sweeper keeper role for me.

I sold Johnson for 17.5m and then used that to buy De Scgilo for circa 25m. Again, seemed like a no-brainer. I got value for a player who was only going to go down hill, and brought in somebody with great room for development and who could become a very valuable asset for me in the future.

Here are the team 10 dec 2016

http://imgur.com/uOFbblq

http://imgur.com/ToAdzDO

http://imgur.com/tikDJrP

http://imgur.com/WHG5BIK

http://imgur.com/3fzySYw

http://imgur.com/J5fWXz9

what is the composure rating of lovren at 2016?

So, a few patches under FM2015's belt, and it's time to start playing..

Going to play a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 sort of setup.

Transfers in:

Timo Horn - £3.9M

Eder Balanta - £6.5M

Lucas Romero - £8.5M

Youri Tielemans - £12.5M (loaned back for first season)

Pione Sisto - £2.6M (who really should be Danish nationality - guessing this will be fixed in the february data patch)

Martin Ødegaard - £1.6M (joins 1.1.2015)

Transfers out:

Fabio Borini - £11.75M (to Benfica)

Lucas Leiva - £10.75M (to Roma)

Tried offloading Johnson, Skrtel and Enrique as well, but nobody wanted them :/

My best 11, before the start of the season, looks something like this:

GK: Mignolet / Horn / Jones

DR: Johnson / Flanno / Manquillo / McLaughlin

DL: Moreno / Enrique

DC: Lovren / Skrtel / Sakho / Balanta / Toure

MCd: Gerrard / Romero / Can

MC: Coutinho / Hendo / Lallana / Allen / Suso

AMR: Sterling / Markovic

AML: Sturridge / Sisto

FC: Balotelli / Lambert

Yes, I've forced poor Sturridge out on the wing for now.

As per usual, I've played lots of friendlies vs horrible non-teams, but unlike the previous few versions, I've been firing full-power from the start. Massive wins like 7-0 and 13-0 all around and the Sterling-Sturridge-Balotelli trio has an insane 26 goals and 16 assists between them (in 6 games).

I've still got a few friendlies to go before I start the real season, but I'm certainly hoping I can keep this form - I start with Hull (A), Leicester (H) and Man City (A) in the first three games - can I get 7 or even 9 points there, I'm thrilled.

Just about to finish my first season. Four points ahead of Chelsea with three games to go, and a superior goal difference. They looked invincible just before Xmas but their form has gone to pot.

The Board gave me next years budget in April after Champions League was confirmed. Delighted that SI finally enabled early budgets, as in previous versions I often had to wait until July to know what I'd get to play with. Have just lined up a bid for Gotze! Can't believe I got him. His wages are enormous (£210k!!) but I've never got to manage him on previous versions and better suits the RPM/central midfield role o have earmarked for him than Isco who I could also sign. I also have a deal for Javi Martinez agreed subject to confirmation.

Not sure if I want to go ahead with that one or not. He would suit the half back role fairly well (acceleration and vision are his only weak points) and even make a great centre back if needed. I do have Gaston Gil Romero and Samper (on loan but with an agreed fee) already though and he could seriously stiffle their development (as well as Can).

Thinking of doing what some might consider unthinkable and letting Gerrard leave at the end of the season. At the minute he wants 90k per week and a key player role. He's no longer a starter for me though and would only be keeping him for sentimental reasons and tutoring. Letting him go would free up space in the wages for Gotze though.

About to move Lovern on to Monaco for 20 plus. He's no longer a starter and complaining about the lack of football so that's a great deal for me.

Archived